What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife rant (1 Viewer)

I was thinking the same. The thing is, guys with crazy wives think that’s all that is out there.
isn't it all relative your tolerance level, though?

i''ve got a friend with a very attractive & successful wife who also happens to be a control freak to the absolute extreme. she runs every aspect of his life, absolutely.  for me there are so many red flags going off that there's not any possibility i could handle it. 

but she's exactly what he needs in every way. she micro manages his life so that he doesn't have to think. at all. ever. about anything. she can fly off the handle seemingly at random, treat him like a child, send him to the garage for a timeout.. then turn to someone in the room a half second later, totally composed and act as if nothing happened.

he doesn't get to carry his own wallet (seriously) or spend money without her permission. on anything. he has to find ways to hustle for cash she doesn't know about.. and he doesn't mind any of it.

years ago our friend group used to talk about how we literally thought she would kill him one day. 20+ years later they're still going strong and his attitude about their relationship hasn't changed. he think we're crazy for thinking his wife is..... a bit over the top. 

:shrug:

i''ve got a friend with a very attractive & successful wife who also happens to be a control freak to the absolute extreme. she runs every aspect of his life, absolutely.  for me there are so many red flags going off that there's not any possibility i could handle it. 

but she's exactly what he needs in every way. she micro manages his life so that he doesn't have to think. at all. ever. about anything. she can fly off the handle seemingly at random, treat him like a child, send him to the garage for a timeout.. then turn to someone in the room a half second later, totally composed and act as if nothing happened.

he doesn't get to carry his own wallet (seriously) or spend money without her permission. on anything. he has to find ways to hustle for cash she doesn't know about.. and he doesn't mind any of it.

years ago our friend group used to talk about how we literally thought she would kill him one day. 20+ years later they're still going strong and his attitude about their relationship hasn't changed. he think we're crazy for thinking his wife is..... a bit over the top. 

Two big keys here for everyone.

i''ve got a friend with a very attractive & successful wife who also happens to be a control freak to the absolute extreme. she runs every aspect of his life, absolutely.
I have a friend that once told us during a poker game he was looking forward to marriage so that he never had to make another decision outside of work again if he didnt want to. 

He didn't even have a girlfriend at the time. He married a pretty nice girl, but she really does control all of it. I imagine we would find her less nice if we thought he was unhappy. But he legit seems happy to just have a neverending script for his life. 

I occasionally play golf with a guy like this. His wife makes 3x what he makes. He's not allowed to carry cash, and all of his CC transactions are tracked by his wife in real time (she will occasionally call him during the round to question a charge that he had made an hour earlier).

He jokingly says that if he doesn't win the skins then he won't have any spending money for the week. :oldunsure:

Mrs. Rannous said:
It's also not a marriage.  It's a parent/child relationship.
by your and my definitions, yes. but they're married and it works for them so  :shrug:

and that said, i think this arrangement is more and more common among older folks. maybe that sentiment is dying out, i dunno but i don't think the old "the man is in charge" charade is all that uncommon.

most guys are embarrassed to admit it publicly.. but this just does not care what people think. he's happy not making decisions.

mr. furley said:

Of course, to each their own and every relationship has its own dynamic. But I think there are plenty of guys who put up with sh!t they believe is the price of admission, which isn’t necessary at all.  I’m sure the same can be said for women.

Users who are viewing this thread