What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you buy your wife/girlfriend's tampons? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 171 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
I was in Costco the other day and a teen was talking to her folks about getting some "tampans." Couldn't tell if she was joking, they were a bit on the hillbilly-ish side.

I don't see the big deal, honestly...

I buy pantyliners in the summer to help absorb my butt sweat
That must be a pretty emasculating feeling sticking one of those bad boys on to your tightie whities in the AM.

Ok, lemme see here...

The most sexy trait in a man (besides money) is apparently confidence, according to women.

What screams confidence more than buying a pack of gravy absorbers for your your wife's roast? Honestly... the grocery store is an A+ zone for picking up smoking hot women. single women. married women. doesn't matter.

When they see you toss that box of 'pons on that belt, their decency restrictor goes haywire and their only thought is to bed you.

Be confident, men.

Hell, buy pads and tampons for the hell of it... Even if you don't have a woman. Odds are, you'll get some play out of it.

So, my wife just called me at work to tell me she has started her period and only has one tampon with her. She is also at work. And she's a teacher. With like 100 other adult females. Yet she called me and wanted me to leave my work and go buy them for her and then put them in her car. :mellow:

I refused and told her that she needed to ask one of her co-workers. #1 because leaving work would be a hassle & #2 because the embarrassment I face in buying and delivering them is greater than the embarrassment she faces just asking a co-worker.

Why she didn't get that before calling me is mind bottling. I'm also quite annoyed that she hasn't made the appropriate contingency plans for this situation before now. She's been a teacher for like 8 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my wife just called me at work to tell me she has started her period and only has one tampon with her. She is also at work. And she's a teacher. With like 100 other adult females. Yet she called me and wanted me to leave my work and go buy them for her and then put them in her car. :mellow:

I refused and told her that she needed to ask one of her co-workers. #1 because leaving work would be a hassle & #2 because the embarrassment I face in buying and delivering them is greater than the embarrassment she faces just asking a co-worker.

Why she didn't get that before calling me is mind bottling. I'm also quite annoyed that she hasn't made the appropriate contingency plans for this situation before now. She's been a teacher for like 8 years now.
Maybe she was trying to save you the embarrassment of asking around for an extra-small. :popcorn:

Maybe she was trying to save you the embarrassment of asking around for an extra-small. :popcorn:
They come in different sizes?

They come in different sizes?
For the purpose of the joke, yes.

I think we now know the answer to this question for The Alpha Male, cstu.  Of course he does not actually have any money of his own to buy them with so he has to use his wife's money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just told my wife that I needed to run to Target to pick up a few things. I asked if she needed anything and she said she needed tampons. She was surprised when I told her to let me know the specifics....of the brand, you hogs.

She said that she thought guys wouldn't do that and I agreed that yes, that is the old running joke, but that I didn't see the big deal.

I'm just curious if other guys here feel the same way.
Your wife never makes me get the tampons.  We do laugh a lot about you getting them though.  

Not only do I buy them for the wife, I buy them to have on hand for the six women I work with. 

But that's just pragmatic. We had a couple of times where an unexpected period starting led to somebody having to leave work to go get some. I get to look like the good guy when really I just mean "get to work, dammit". Win-win. 

A young Aussie lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job.
The manager asked 'Do you have any sales experience?'
The young man answered 'Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Dubbo.'
The manager liked the Aussie so he gave him the job.
His first day was challenging and busy, but he got through it....
After the store was locked up, the manager came down and asked, 'OK, so how many sales did you make today?'
The Aussie said 'One!'
The manager groaned and continued, 'Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day.
How much was the sale for?'
'£124,237.64p.'
The manager choked and exclaimed £124,237.64!! What the hell did you sell him?'
'Well, first I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook and then I sold him a new fishing rod.'
'Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engine Power Cat.'
'Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I sold him the 4 x4
The manager, incredulous, said, 'You mean to tell me...a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a 4x4?'
'No, no, no... he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his lady friend and I said...
'Well, since your weekend's completely ####ed up, you might as well go fishing.

Users who are viewing this thread