What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie Parker OUT in week 4 (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
No link yet. I am listening to Mike Tomlin's news conference and he just announced Willie Parker injured his knee and will be listed as OUT on this week's injury report. Tomline described the injury as week-to-week.

NT Casey Hampton, DE Brett Keisel and LB Donovan Woods are also out this week.

He said Ben is fine and should not be limited at all in practices this week.

No link yet. I am listening to Mike Tomlin's news conference and he just announced Willie Parker injured his knee and will be listed as OUT on this week's injury report. Tomline described the injury as week-to-week.NT Casey Hampton, DE Brett Keisel and LB Donovan Woods are also out this week.He said Ben is fine and should not be limited at all in practices this week.
:rolleyes: Time to step it up kid..........

No link yet. I am listening to Mike Tomlin's news conference and he just announced Willie Parker injured his knee and will be listed as OUT on this week's injury report. Tomline described the injury as week-to-week.NT Casey Hampton, DE Brett Keisel and LB Donovan Woods are also out this week.He said Ben is fine and should not be limited at all in practices this week.
:rolleyes: Time to step it up kid..........
FWP has not had much success against the Ravens. It should be interesting to see what the kid can do...

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :rolleyes:

Mendenhall will do very little on Monday sharing carries with Moore against one of the best run defenses in the NFL.

Then he'll return to being a nonfactor a week or two later when Parker is back.

Based on what i saw this past sunday, i think M.M. will see the bulk of the workload. IMO, anyone who relies on the rookie will be disappointed when Moore gets most of the carries.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :blackdot:
Sorry, I didn't have access to your free agent list. My league at work has roster limits where we can only carry 4 RBs and guess what? He is on the waiver wire...

Watch out for Carey Davis here too

He may be in line to get some carries as well, and is usually on the field as a FB and gets some passes too.

Based on what i saw this past sunday, i think M.M. will see the bulk of the workload. IMO, anyone who relies on the rookie will be disappointed when Moore gets most of the carries.
FWIW, in his press conference today, Tomlin said Rashard was going to be the primary ball carrier :blackdot:ETA: I'm not saying Rashard is a good start this week necessarily, just that he should get most of the carries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news for Ben owners, but I agree that Mendenhall is a terrible start vs. the Ravens run D this week.

Can we back up here a second? WTF happened to Willie? Did he get hurt in the game (ie this is the first that anyone has heard right?)

Ravens haven't allowed a 100-yard rusher in 21 straight games, and that includes during their 9-game losing streak at the end of last year, when plenty of opponents were trying to pound the ball to protect leads.

The real question is -- how is Mendenhall in pass protection? I have to think Moore is better, which is why I bet they see equal time.

the also said slaton wouldnt do anything against the Titans STOUT run def.....anything can happen, ravens isnt a good Offense team themselves.
True. The other things is that Tomlin said Parker's knee is sprained and that he is week-to-week. There is a decent chance Parker will sit out this game and next and won't return until after the bye in week 6. Of course next week the Steelers play the Jaguars which is a pretty tough defense as well.Still Mendy looks like he's going to start at least this week and probably next so if you're desperate for a starting RB...

Good news for Ben owners, but I agree that Mendenhall is a terrible start vs. the Ravens run D this week.
Care to explain how this can possibly be good news for Ben owners?
Pass attempts have gone from 14 to 20 to 25. Would like to see him continue to have more pass attempts.
That's a good theory until you factor in that his worst stats came on the day he threw 25 times.With the way that oline looked last week, Baltimore coming this week, and a rookie RB starting, Ben will most likely find a seat on my bench this week.

You know this is an important topic:

66 Members: jaybebo, BertJones, jon_mx, wildbill, Sinrj, gkza, sdsjr3, zamboni, CrossEyed, Scooby, freakshow, buck naked, HMH, Shooter McGavin, Statler & Waldorf, Spike, The foo, hwjchim, davearm, King of the Wolfies, 24seven, Big Dumb Ape, kingmalaki, jestertj, FFdork, cjack, GDogg, Tolly62484, Texican, Franknbeans, Mike Herman, Mooks77, Kilroy1872, supermark_28, therokie0070, stubby, soxjj, Resident A, logan, C-Pod, Smarr, adesai, CBower4545, Dieselfrog, ICON211, Hemi-Colon, QUEZILLA, Godsbrother, John Cena, supersecretid, dmac37, habsfan, Synergy, B-DAWK20, morgonster, Alex96, CapnJB, Grigs Allmoon, Sir Psycho, heinfatha, jwinston2, The Ref, Dulymus Mudhounds, CalBear, fred_1_15301, brady2moss

Mendenhall will do very little on Monday sharing carries with Moore against one of the best run defenses in the NFL.Then he'll return to being a nonfactor a week or two later when Parker is back.
I can't believe I agree with Davearm. Oh and nice season with your Cubs. Good luck in the playoffs....

Mendenhall will do very little on Monday sharing carries with Moore against one of the best run defenses in the NFL.Then he'll return to being a nonfactor a week or two later when Parker is back.
I can't believe I agree with Davearm. Oh and nice season with your Cubs. Good luck in the playoffs....
Tomlin said that Menendhall will start and Moore will remain in the 3rd down back role. I don't think they're going to split carries unless Mendy starts fumbling the ball. How effective he'll be remains to be seen but he's going to get his opportunity.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :thumbup:
Non-dynasty, less than 12 teams. 32% of Sportsline leagues.28% of ESPN leagues.58% of Yahoo leagues.Not everyone plays in your league.
In any competitive league Mendenhall should not be on the WW. Hell his ADP was before round 10.
He hasn't had a carry since week 1. Even if he was drafted, I could see him being dropped in a lot of redrafts.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :thumbup:
Non-dynasty, less than 12 teams. 32% of Sportsline leagues.

28% of ESPN leagues.

58% of Yahoo leagues.

Not everyone plays in your league.
In any competitive league where the guy who drafted him can't admit a mistake, Mendenhall should not be on the WW. Hell his ADP was before round 10.
Fixed.The guy's been a poor-man's Leon Washington.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :shrug:
Non-dynasty, less than 12 teams. 32% of Sportsline leagues.28% of ESPN leagues.58% of Yahoo leagues.Not everyone plays in your league.
In any competitive league Mendenhall should not be on the WW. Hell his ADP was before round 10.
He hasn't had a carry since week 1. Even if he was drafted, I could see him being dropped in a lot of redrafts.
:thumbup: Plus there are some leagues that have roster limits.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :shrug:
:ptts:Why would you drop him if his value is if/when FWP goes down?That's like saying people would drop Turner after 2 weeks because he didn't do anything behind LT.:thumbup:Handcuffs have value in their PPG, not total season points amirite?

:thumbup: Plus there are some leagues that have roster limits.
by definition those leagues are not competitive.

:lmao: Time to step it up kid..........
FWP has not had much success against the Ravens. It should be interesting to see what the kid can do...
I'm guessing dropping the pill 3 times on the rug before being benched.

...could you tell me what kind of league has Mendenhall on the free agent list? None of the twelve or so I play in :confused:
:lmao: Plus there are some leagues that have roster limits.
by definition those leagues are not competitive.
Not if you're using any sane definition.

so, homers and fans and those in the know - taking into account the tough DEF's he'll be facing, what do you think Mendenhall can do with this opportunity?

Is this a chance to go get a good RB through trade, or is this a chance to go to the Willie Parker owner (if you already own Mendy) and try to get something done? What's the play here?

Just to give you guys an example of what a joke FantasyGuru.com has become......a buddy of mine was listening to the press conference live, and he immediately posted the story on FantasyGuru's forum. Two minutes later his post was deleted and replaced with a message from the FantasyGuru staff, proclaiming "BREAKING NEWS - YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!" ;)

If Tomlin keeps pounding Parker the way he was during those first 2 games his temporary seat on the bench will become permanent.

bump up Ben's #s... his Sack #s. The Ravens will be licking thier chops for 3rd & longs.

Over/Under on Mendy's fumbles: 2

Care to explain how this can possibly be good news for Ben owners?
The part in the press conference where Tomlin said Ben is fine and should have no problem practicing all week :blackdot:
Call me after the part in the press conference when he announces some olinemen found their way to the South Side.

Users who are viewing this thread