What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVI - Format & Signup Thread (1 Viewer)

20 teams makes sense to me if we can't get 24. :shrug:
I don't think 24 will be a problem ... just some folks straggling with their rolls.The one bad thing about the 20-man leagues is that the playoffs are cut in half -- 4 teams make it instead of 8.

Jesus. here you go chem. ####er1d1000, rolled once.Roll set 1Die rolls: 950Roll subtotal: 950Roll total: 950

If all else fails, I have a list of nearly 60 former players on page 1. :nerd:
Just went and looked over that list ... good times. I actually PMed several of those folks. Saw a few more names that are worth reaching out to as well.Mentos was in this thread this morning -- if he commits, that should be 23 (still counting on shake to come through).

No signs of Sammy? He is usually in on all of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
would love to roll again, but don't want to do that without official blessing. Not a fan of the turn position (on either end).
Consider this your blessing. As far as I'm concerned ... only rolls that make it to wisruthroll@gmail.com can be counted. Everyone understands why....

Jfranco, were you trying to roll dice via phone or tablet, as opposed to an actual computer?

Ok, Doug B convinced me. I'm in. And less, hardly the Koya I used to be. Married a youngin' and it's sapped all my energy... and ability. Though it certainly has upside (and downside, like a lot more trips to the meatpacking district clubs :unsure: )Roll coming.

Ok, Doug B convinced me. I'm in. And less, hardly the Koya I used to be. Married a youngin' and it's sapped all my energy... and ability. Though it certainly has upside (and downside, like a lot more trips to the meatpacking district clubs :unsure: )Roll coming.
:hifive:

Just once, I want the turn in one of these things. (I may have had it before, but I don't remember)

Not sure what the #### I did the first roll. Came up with a +1 or some such ####.Then, I did it the right way. Which is par for the course.Roll set 1Die rolls: 694Roll subtotal: 694Roll total: 694

'Koya said:
I see some discussion on which site to roll on. What is it? TIA
Use RPGLibrary for the roll. Just go by the PM I sent you ... no need to read through this thread.

'Bogart said:
Just once, I want the turn in one of these things. (I may have had it before, but I don't remember)
I'll trade with you -- I prefer middle of the pack.

Got your roll, Greco. You're good.

Order looks like this now with 20 rolls in:

950 - Chemical X

845 - Kraft

797 - Notorious TRE

694 - Greco

655 - larry_boy_44

653 - SNC

626 - rodg35

605 - the moops

439 - Hoos First

425 - Bogart

345 - Doctor Detroit

344 - Brady Marino

326 - oso diablo

267 - eephus

110 - Arsenal of Doom

81 - SoCalBroncoFan

74 - Tremendous Upside

62 - Spartans Rule

31 - RnR

7 - Doug B

Yet to roll: jfranco77, Frostillicus, Koya, shake zula, Mentos

'Koya said:
I'm in. And less, hardly the Koya I used to be. Married a youngin' and it's sapped all my energy... and ability. Though it certainly has upside (and downside, like a lot more trips to the meatpacking district clubs :unsure: )
I understand this big time. Im 40 and just got married in November to a girl that's 23. Definite upside but downside is my back is shot. Doctor appointment in a few weeks. I fear surgery is coming soon.

'Koya said:
I'm in. And less, hardly the Koya I used to be. Married a youngin' and it's sapped all my energy... and ability. Though it certainly has upside (and downside, like a lot more trips to the meatpacking district clubs :unsure: )
I understand this big time. Im 40 and just got married in November to a girl that's 23. Definite upside but downside is my back is shot. Doctor appointment in a few weeks. I fear surgery is coming soon.
Whoa. Slap it high!

'Koya said:
Whoa. Slap it high!
:hifive:

'Koya said:
Well done my friend. She was 25, me 38. Regarding the back, what have you done so far? I had a really bad back with two impingements in the lower back. Nothing worked - chiro, physical therapy, special indian back therapy.... until I had a series of epidural shots which over time worked wonders.

Any suggestions on how the #### to figure out who to draft in this thing? My head is spinning trying to figure out whether to go with ####ty franchises early, so as to grab one of the few good players from them, or just go with best availabel and worry about filling in spots later. :wall:

Any suggestions on how the #### to figure out who to draft in this thing? My head is spinning trying to figure out whether to go with ####ty franchises early, so as to grab one of the few good players from them, or just go with best available and worry about filling in spots later. :wall:
My prospective scarcity calculations are really muddy. To me, it's hard to account for all of the scarcity dimensions in one easily-interpreted view. Had the same problem in the Alphabet Soup draft.

Order looks like this now with 21 rolls in:

950 - Chemical X

845 - Kraft

797 - Notorious TRE

694 - Greco

655 - larry_boy_44

653 - SNC

626 - rodg35

605 - the moops

439 - Hoos First

425 - Bogart

345 - Doctor Detroit

344 - Brady Marino

326 - oso diablo

270 - Koya

267 - eephus

110 - Arsenal of Doom

81 - SoCalBroncoFan

74 - Tremendous Upside

62 - Spartans Rule

31 - RnR

7 - Doug B

Yet to roll: jfranco77, Frostillicus, shake zula, Mentos

'Koya said:
Well done my friend. She was 25, me 38. Regarding the back, what have you done so far? I had a really bad back with two impingements in the lower back. Nothing worked - chiro, physical therapy, special indian back therapy.... until I had a series of epidural shots which over time worked wonders.
Havent done anything really, been in pain on and off for a few years. Had x-rays but it showed nothing wrong. One day Im completely fine next day I cant move too well. Sometimes after a day of work, I drive home, and when I try to get out of the car, I cant. So much shooting pain through my lower back, I have to pull myself out using the door.Finally decided Im going get it looked out for real. Appointment is 1st week of Feb. Probably have to get a MRI or epidural shot and go from there.

'Doug B said:
'oso diablo said:
would love to roll again, but don't want to do that without official blessing. Not a fan of the turn position (on either end).
Consider this your blessing. As far as I'm concerned ... only rolls that make it to wisruthroll@gmail.com can be counted. Everyone understands why....

Jfranco, were you trying to roll dice via phone or tablet, as opposed to an actual computer?
Nope, from an honest-to-God Windows 7 computer. Two different ones actually. Maybe because I put my gmail address as the 'from' address?

Had the same problem in the Alphabet Soup draft.
:goodposting:
Alphabet soup had much more extreme differences in player scarcity
yeah, the majority of our teams have existed from 1900 on.Position scarcity is going to be an issue before team scarcity does, and that's only because if you pick a great 2B from one team you eliminate the great C, 3B, and SP from that same team. If you pick wrong (basically really, really unlucky) you might end up with only an above average player at one position because there isn't anyone left on available franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, just tried one more roll, if this doesn't show up, someone else can do it for me. (And if someone already did it for me, I'll take that one instead of this one)1d1000, rolled once.Roll set 1Die rolls: 110Roll subtotal: 110Roll total: 110

Order looks like this now with 21 rolls in:

950 - Chemical X

845 - Kraft

797 - Notorious TRE

694 - Greco

655 - larry_boy_44

653 - SNC

626 - rodg35

605 - the moops

439 - Hoos First

425 - Bogart

345 - Doctor Detroit

344 - Brady Marino

326 - oso diablo

270 - Koya

267 - eephus

110 - Arsenal of Doom

81 - SoCalBroncoFan

74 - Tremendous Upside

62 - Spartans Rule

31 - RnR

7 - Doug B

Yet to roll: jfranco77, Frostillicus, shake zula, Mentos
25 teams listed

Any suggestions on how the #### to figure out who to draft in this thing? My head is spinning trying to figure out whether to go with ####ty franchises early, so as to grab one of the few good players from them, or just go with best availabel and worry about filling in spots later. :wall:
:goodposting: I'm really struggling with what strategy to use.

OK, just tried one more roll, if this doesn't show up, someone else can do it for me. (And if someone already did it for me, I'll take that one instead of this one)

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 110

Roll subtotal: 110

Roll total: 110
This one made it through :thumbup: ...

Tre, Frost's made it in, too.

Users who are viewing this thread