What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wk 1: What Have We Learned? (1 Viewer)

We've also learned that the refs still can't do their job. I understand the occasional missed call/bad call, but not knowing the rules is simply unacceptable. Should have been 4th and 2 in Pack/Niner game after the fight and they brought it back to 3rd and 6. Pack should be down by 3 instead of 7. Apparently neither the ref or coach McCarthy knew the rule. :no:

We learned that the Bronco's, Packer's, 49er's and a couple of other NFC teams are the best teams in the league

We've also learned that the refs still can't do their job. I understand the occasional missed call/bad call, but not knowing the rules is simply unacceptable. Should have been 4th and 2 in Pack/Niner game after the fight and they brought it back to 3rd and 6. Pack should be down by 3 instead of 7. Apparently neither the ref or coach McCarthy knew the rule. :no:
Shouldn't have been offsetting anyway. If anything Mathews deserved another 15

This. The misapplication of the penalties made up for the miscalling of the penalties.

despite subdued debuts for rams lead WRs givens and austin, bradford on the pace he will need to sustain to reach 4,000+ yards and 32+ TDs levels...

1. The Dolphins backfield is gonna be ugly.

2. Peterson is the best football player on the planet.

3. Reggie Bush makes the Lions offense way better (and don't be scared with Calvin - he had two near TDs just called off).

This. The misapplication of the penalties made up for the miscalling of the penalties.

:no: Pretty sure that's not how it works. Bottom line...get something right.

If someone told me that going into the night game that T. Pryor would be the leagues leading rusher with 112 yards, and Vereen was second with 101 I would have asked you to share those great drugs with me.

Yeah... I mean, Matthews literally punched Staley in the face twice after the first penalty. I'm not sure how that results in a penalty against Staley. That was a real pathetic call. Matthews should have had another 15 on him and been ejected from the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams:

Up the season TD projections a bit:

Cardinals

Bills

Jets

Raiders

Chiefs

Decrease season TD projections a bit:

Jaguars

Steelers

Jaguars, again : )

If someone told me that going into the night game that T. Pryor would be the leagues leading rusher with 112 yards, and Vereen was second with 101 I would have asked you to share those great drugs with me.
Yeah, I have a good feeling that with the current rushing yard stats though that Week 1 will end with Wilson, McCoy and Morris as the #1,2,3.

3. Reggie Bush makes the Lions offense way better (and don't be scared with Calvin - he had two near TDs just called off).
You learned Peterson was the best football player onte planet today? He didn't even ave a good game by his standards. 1 rush for 87 yards. Then 12 rushes for 6 yards the rest of the way.

I learned that Gabbert is the worst quarterback in the league, Ponder is a close second, and then there is a big gap

only about 40 yards and no TD, but tavon austin (6 receptions) pacing for 96+ in early going.
The opportunity is what I'm interested in here... watching the game. He's had multiple defenders on top of him before he could even try to make a first move on every reception he's had. Cardinals have been playing really solid defense. The fact that he has 6 catches makes me happy looking towards the future for this season.

Drafting starting RBs this year was stupid. Should've grabbed WRs/QB early & waited on backup RBs given all the starters who are losing snaps/touches (Rice, Gore) or getting benched due to fumbling (Ridley, Lacey).
Lacy is fine.

Suprised BJGE had 16 touches and a goal line TD. I guess Bernard is still going to be behind him for the near future.

what a weird fd up day... if you would have told me that Spiller/trich/calvin/ridley/lynch/mjd/roddy/ were all busts and J. cook/A.boldin/vdavis/jsimpson/svereen were studs I would have thought you were INSANE////// This can't be happening :topcat:

I hate ffootball for that reason... Never even judge teams before season it's pointless usually the best teams on paper suck, and the teams that u don't think will be good end up winning.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this will be a hard one to swallow was excited about football now Im Just plain mad and disappointed.

what a weird fd up day... if you would have told me that Spiller/trich/calvin/ridley/lynch/mjd/roddy/ were all busts and J. cook/A.boldin/vdavis/jsimpson/svereen were studs I would have thought you were INSANE////// This can't be happening :topcat:
Don't about hartline lol

I have learned that Calvin Johnson will never have more than 4 TD's in a season for the rest of his career

I kid, I kid. :P

crabtree broke out last year so many were concerned about kaepernick...

than boldin in first game has better numbers than i think crabtree ever has?

go figure.

AFC North was 0-4 week one.

Still liking Stafford for where he was on the QB draft list...volume and Reggie.
Not sure who all watched the game but I am glad they didn't implode. They had a lot of points left out there on several plays. Stafford and Bush could've been even more impressive just an inch here or there or a call here and there. They seemed more mature than last year and over-came it pretty well. I am buying big time on this offense.

You learned Peterson was the best football player onte planet today? He didn't even ave a good game by his standards. 1 rush for 87 yards. Then 12 rushes for 6 yards the rest of the way.
To have his kind of production playing with the worst starting QB in the league is extra impressive.

Leshore is finally off my team. Hillman is toast too.

Good TEs are deeper than expected, already.

Waiting for Gio to be my #2 might take awhile.

To have his kind of production playing with the worst starting QB in the league is extra impressive.
I'm not denying that he isnthe best rb and maybe player in the league. I'm just saying that i wouldn't exactly feel comforted having watched how badly AP struggled for 3.9 quarters of football. Mind you, they rarely had the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread