What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wonderlic IQ test (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To score six on the Wonderlic is pretty anathema to being able to learn things in a hurry. Guess he'll need a LOT of time to adjust to the NFL, if this is true

It looks like what they say about the U-Texas is true. ;)

I find the score hard to believe, but it wouldn't be the first abysmal score.

I do too, but a 6 is the lowest scoreI've EVER heard of. IIRC, Frank Gore got a six but it was mentioned that he has severe learning disability. Anything 10 or below is can-of-paint stupid. That's not to say that being stupid prevents you from being an NFL star. I think both Javon Walker and Sean Taylor both scored sub-10. It certainly is not a selling point for a QB, though.

I believe Adam "Pac Man" Jones scored the lowest last year at 9. What a wonderful beginning he has had.

and to think that lack of intellect cost him a national championship :boxing:

clearly teams want a QB who scores a lot higher than a 6 on that test, but let's not call this guy a bust because of that alone. can he be effective in the passing game or not? not will be the make or break question imo

Here's the 2005 combine wonderlic results for offensive skill positions:

source: http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl/2005-nfl-combine.php

1 Rodgers, Aaron* 35

2 Smith, Alex* 40

3 Frye, Charlie 38

4 Orton, Kyle 27

5 Campbell, Jason 28

6 Orlovsky, Dan 30

8 McPherson, Adrian 26

9 Greene, David 19

10 Rix, Chris 26

11 Anderson, Derek 23

12 Fitzpatrick, Ryan 38

# Running Backs

1 Brown, Ronnie 23

2 Benson, Cedric 19

3 Williams, Carnell 22

4 Morency, Vernand* 11

5 Fason, Ciatrick* 16

6 Harris, Kay-Jay 12

7 Barber III, Marion* 16

8 Arrington, J.J. 14

9 Gore, Frank* 6

10 Jacobs, Brandon 20

11 Sproles, Darren 21

12 Moats, Ryan* 18

13 Shelton, Eric* 23

14 McLendon, T.A.* 18

15 Clarett, Maurice* 19

16 Houston, Cedric 17

17 Reyes, Walter 11

18 Pearman, Alvin 26

19 Haynes, Alex 12

20 Grant, Ryan 26

# Wide Recievers

1 Edwards, Braylon 27

2 Brown, Reggie 18

3 Clayton, Mark 21

4 Williams, Mike* 20

5 Williamson, Troy* 21

6 Murphy, Terrence 15

7 White, Roddy 17

8 Thorpe, Cro 20

9 Henry, Chris* 9

10 Roby, Courtney 20

11 Parrish, Roscoe* 10

12 Bradley, Mark 11

13 Gibson, Fred 19

14 Bragg, Craig 27

15 Jackson, Vincent 33

16 Russell, J.R. 18

17 Savoy, Steve* 13

18 Jones, Brandon 15

19 Davis, Josh 17

20 Mathis, Jerome 19

21 Owens, Chad 14

22 Ridgeway, Dante* 18

23 Brackins, Larry* 17

24 Stovall, Chauncey 16

25 Currie, Airese 23

26 Perry, Tab 20

27 Lyman, Chase 24

28 Rector, Jamaica 12

29 Harrell, Reggie 13

30 Hill, Efrem 12

# Tight Ends

1 Miller, Heath* 39

2 Smith, Alex 32

3 Everett, Kevin 12

4 Jones, Matt 19

5 Bajema, Billy 37

6 Dreessen, Joel 25

7 Bergen, Adam 27

8 Collins, Jerome 26

9 Jackson, Tony 28

10 Scaife, Bo 18

Culpepper took it 3 times - 18, 21, 15

Culpepper, who was administered the test three times, had a high of 21 and a low of 15. Because of his academic struggles even to gain admittance to a four-year institution, some teams think the 15 is more realistic.
Brooks (17), McNair (15), Stewart (12), and McNabb (16,12), Blake (17), O'Donnell (13), George (10), Cunningham (15), and Marino (14) were the only successful (at all) QB's I found that scored under 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I am confusing it with another test, I believe that the Wonderlic is a personality test that NFL teams use to measure leadership traits. If I am right I would hope that some of you would back off from the intelligence arrows that you are slinging at Jones and Young.

If I am wrong please forgive my stupidity.

:confused:

Unless I am confusing it with another test, I believe that the Wonderlic is a personality test that NFL teams use to measure leadership traits. If I am right I would hope that some of you would back off from :hey: the intelligence arrows that you are slinging at Jones and Young.

If I am wrong please forgive my stupidity.

:confused:
I've taken wonderlic tests...I have no idea how they would gauge leadership traits. They basically are for general intelligence, with vocabluary, logic, math, and word problems.

Didn't UT have to really "dumb down" the playbook for him his first 2 years? I thought I heard an analyst saying that in one of the games I was watching. If that is true, there is NO WAY he can pick up an NFL offense. Vince Young= Wide Receiver

ACP,

It sounds like my comment may have indeed been stupid! I am thinking of a personality test that has four components with 16 possible outcomes. I believe that Montana was one of the few qb's who have landed in the top tier.

Btw, What was your score? It would be interesting if we all took the test and reported our results. Finishing second to Smoo would be a great honor for anyone on this board.

The Packers were concern about Javon Walker ability to learn the WC offense after he scored a 9 on the Wonderlic. The packers interviewed him and checked his academic background before trading up for him. A 6 on the wonderlic for a QB has to a huge concern. I hope PFT is wrong on this one.

ACP,

It sounds like my comment may have indeed been stupid! I am thinking of a personality test that has four components with 16 possible outcomes. I believe that Montana was one of the few qb's who have landed in the top tier.

Btw, What was your score? It would be interesting if we all took the test and reported our results. Finishing second to Smoo would be a great honor for anyone on this board.
You're thinking of the Myers-Briggs test.BTW, mine is EMSP.. ;)

If this story proves to be bogus, which I suspect it is, can we stop posting PFT's garbage?

If this story proves to be true, then again, shame on VY's handlers for not preparing him for such a basic test. I don't care how slow he may be, I've heard him interviewed enough to know he can get 20-25 on this test if he's prepared for it.

For reference the last time I looked the average score it was like 19.

from the espn article above

"Each year, about 2.5 million job applicants, in every line of work, take the Wonderlic. The average NFL combiner scores about the same as the average applicant for any other job, a 21. A 20 indicates the test-taker has an IQ of 100, which is average"

There seems to be a strong assumption on this board that this story must be true and that Vince is stupid. I find some of your conclusions disturbing at best.

ACP,

there was a thread in the FFA, I'll see if I can find a link. I got a 36.Edit: here you go: http://2006.ontheclockdraft.com/iqtest.php

You have to sign up for an account to take it, but it's free.

edit again: here's the FFA thread, lots of people took and reported scores : http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=225899

This obviously shows you know nothing about the University of Texas. Maybe you are confusing it with the Texas A&M or something but you are wrong. No one has ever said anything like that about the University of Texas, it is actually a lot harder to get in to than you know. Atleast know a little about the stuff you are spouting off about before you make a moronic comment about it.

Hey guy, you may want to take notice of that little yellow thing? See how it has a face on it? and see how it's winking?

That means he was kidding. HTH.

Like any one cares what he scored on that stupid test anyway. Take a look at some of the people who scored really high and see if they start.

I wouldn't want my multi-million dollar QB (who's tasked with leading the team, managing the game, reading defenses, and winning games) to be fantastically stupid. I think this could make a difference.

This obviously shows you know nothing about the University of Texas. Maybe you are confusing it with the Texas A&M or something but you are wrong. No one has ever said anything like that about the University of Texas, it is actually a lot harder to get in to than you know. Atleast know a little about the stuff you are spouting off about before you make a moronic comment about it.
I see they don't teach you to take a joke either. ;) I'm a Big XII guy, just trying to throw some levity here, especially with the big game tonight.

I've now read this a couple of places but I'm not sure if it true. I'll wait till I see a trusted source.

If it is true, I think Youg will see his stock fall hard.

ACP,

give it a shot. http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

The "source" that said Vince Young scored a 6 also said this:

Said the source, who knows a thing or two about evaluating college players:"I predict he'll fall all the way out of the first round."That's a bold statement, and we're not saying that we agree with it -- primarily because our guess is that there's someone almost dumb enough to get a six on the Wonderlic, who'll overlook Young's low score along with any other concerns that might come to light over the next two months.
But I can't find any other reports on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread