What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Champion Steeler fans (1 Viewer)

The biggest surprise to me last night was how Edge ran it all over that D. Doesn't happen very often to that crew.Indy's offence is ridiculous; they have no weakness. The only remaining question is how does this team respond in the playoffs; not a lot of positives to draw on there...

:towelwave: Every member of the Steeler Nation needs to raise a drink to Tiki Barber tonight. If we can win out we have the last playoff spot locked up! :banned: HERE'S TO YA, TIKI! :banned: :towelwave:

:towelwave:

Every member of the Steeler Nation needs to raise a drink to Tiki Barber tonight. If we can win out we have the last playoff spot locked up!

:banned: HERE'S TO YA, TIKI! :banned:

:towelwave:
I never rooted so hard for the Giants in my life. Tomorrow's game now looms LARGE. A win tomorrow and we are firmly in the driver's seat.

The bar (or resident lounge, if you will) in my complex just got Sunday Ticket (nice timing on their part - week 15?)Time to go show the locals what's up.HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!! :towelwave:

Hate to jinx the Steelers but the possibility exists that the Steelers week 17 game against Detroit could become a bye week (meaningless game)for them. If the Steelers win today in Minnesota and next week in Cleveland, combined with a loss by SD today, a SD win over KC next week and we are in....meaning the starters could rest week 17 and get ready for 3 TOUGH road games on the way to Detroit! :towelwave: Please don't wake me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice win over a marginal team (vikings). Actually, my assessment of Minn is that they stink, but it's the holiday season and Iam going to be nice.

A note from your friendly neighborhood Bengals fan (WHO DEY :) ) but also an FYI, in case your local sports radio guys get it wrong and say the Steelers control their own destiny (nothing po's me more than when sports radio guys who are supposed to be paid to know this stuff butcher the playoff picture and sadly they almost always do). Winning out doesn't necessarily put them in the playoffs (though it almost certainly does). They could still get hosed out even at 11-5, though the odds aren't that great of it happening.Here's how:San Diego Beats KC week 16Oakland beats Denver week 16San Diego beats Denver week 17Jacksonville wins at least 1 of its last 2 games.In this case, San Diego and Denver would both be 11-5. San Diego would win the division, based on division record.For the 1st wild card, if Jacksonville is 12-4 they would get it.Then the 2nd wild card would have Denver beating Pittsburgh out based on conference record (8-4 to 7-5)If Jacksonville is 11-5 the results are essentially the same.For the 1st wildcard spot, Pittsburgh would drop out at the conference record stage (both Jax and Denver 8-4, Pittsburgh 7-5). Denver would then become wild card 1 based on their win over Jacksonville.For the 2nd wildcard spot, Jacksonville would get the spot based on their head-to-head win over Pittsburgh.So the Steelers need a tiny bit of help, if Oakland and San Diego win next week, they WILL NOT control their own destiny going into the last game.-QG :boxing:

Lets just take care of business and hope that Denver wraps up their division next week.

A note from your friendly neighborhood Bengals fan (WHO DEY :) ) but also an FYI, in case your local sports radio guys get it wrong and say the Steelers control their own destiny (nothing po's me more than when sports radio guys who are supposed to be paid to know this stuff butcher the playoff picture and sadly they almost always do). Winning out doesn't necessarily put them in the playoffs (though it almost certainly does). They could still get hosed out even at 11-5, though the odds aren't that great of it happening.

Here's how:

San Diego Beats KC week 16

Oakland beats Denver week 16

San Diego beats Denver week 17

Jacksonville wins at least 1 of its last 2 games.

In this case, San Diego and Denver would both be 11-5. San Diego would win the division, based on division record.

For the 1st wild card, if Jacksonville is 12-4 they would get it.

Then the 2nd wild card would have Denver beating Pittsburgh out based on conference record (8-4 to 7-5)

If Jacksonville is 11-5 the results are essentially the same.

For the 1st wildcard spot, Pittsburgh would drop out at the conference record stage (both Jax and Denver 8-4, Pittsburgh 7-5). Denver would then become wild card 1 based on their win over Jacksonville.

For the 2nd wildcard spot, Jacksonville would get the spot based on their head-to-head win over Pittsburgh.

So the Steelers need a tiny bit of help, if Oakland and San Diego win next week, they WILL NOT control their own destiny going into the last game.

-QG :boxing:
Very Nice, if I were you, I would PRAY thay convoluded scenario plays out and the Steelers miss the playoffs. You know the last team you want coming into Cinci is the Steelers. I only pray we get our chance at redemption.

A note from your friendly neighborhood Bengals fan (WHO DEY :) ) but also an FYI, in case your local sports radio guys get it wrong and say the Steelers control their own destiny (nothing po's me more than when sports radio guys who are supposed to be paid to know this stuff butcher the playoff picture and sadly they almost always do). Winning out doesn't necessarily put them in the playoffs (though it almost certainly does). They could still get hosed out even at 11-5, though the odds aren't that great of it happening.

Here's how:

In this case, San Diego and Denver would both be 11-5. San Diego would win the division, based on division record.

Then the 2nd wild card would have Denver beating Pittsburgh out based on conference record (8-4 to 7-5)

For the 1st wildcard spot, Pittsburgh would drop out at the conference record stage (both Jax and Denver 8-4, Pittsburgh 7-5). Denver would then become wild card 1 based on their win over Jacksonville.

For the 2nd wildcard spot, Jacksonville would get the spot based on their head-to-head win over Pittsburgh.

So the Steelers need a tiny bit of help, if Oakland and San Diego win next week, they WILL NOT control their own destiny going into the last game.

-QG :boxing:
Very Nice, if I were you, I would PRAY thay convoluded scenario plays out and the Steelers miss the playoffs. You know the last team you want coming into Cinci is the Steelers. I only pray we get our chance at redemption.
Bengals fan here...Who's offense are you going to borrow for that playoff game? The one that's been on the field since Ben hurt his thumb isn't going to cut it against Cincy.

Who Dey :football:

I guess I'll leave it as...We'll see.We'll see who's ready for the playoffs and who isn't.1st things 1st though, we have 2 more games to win...

A note from your friendly neighborhood Bengals fan (WHO DEY :) ) but also an FYI, in case your local sports radio guys get it wrong and say the Steelers control their own destiny  (nothing po's me more than when sports radio guys who are supposed to be paid to know this stuff butcher the playoff picture and sadly they almost always do).  Winning out doesn't necessarily put them in the playoffs (though it almost certainly does).  They could still get hosed out even at 11-5, though the odds aren't that great of it happening.

Here's how:

-QG  :boxing:
Bengals fan here...Who's offense are you going to borrow for that playoff game? The one that's been on the field since Ben hurt his thumb isn't going to cut it against Cincy.

Ummmm, Ben hurt his thumb before he threw for 386 yards against your Bengals. I hope the Steelers get a chance to go into Cincy in the 1st round of the playoffs, but there's still work to be done.

Bengals fan here...

Who's offense are you going to borrow for that playoff game? The one that's been on the field since Ben hurt his thumb isn't going to cut it against Cincy.

Go ahead Bengals fans. You haven't been able to trash talk for 15 years so you need to let it out, it's cool.But the "Who Dey" thing is really stupid though...

Bengals fan here...

Who's offense are you going to borrow for that playoff game? The one that's been on the field since Ben hurt his thumb isn't going to cut it against Cincy.

The Steelers turned the ball over 4x and still had an opportunity to tie the game with under 3mins to go. I'm not making excuses, as cinci clearly outplayed pittsburgh and deserved to win...my point in bringing it up is that with those 4 turnovers, the Steelers clearly were not playing as well as they can. Do you want to meet them in the playoffs and hope that they cough up another 4 turnovers? :) GLLLLLLLLL with that, if so. This is not the time to talk trash, as Pit hasn't even locked up a spot yet. For now, congrats to Cinci and their fans, and I HOPE Pit gets the chance to see you again this year.

"Go ahead Bengals fans. You haven't been able to trash talk for 15 years so you need to let it out, it's cool.But the "Who Dey" thing is really stupid though... "No stupider than a crying towel ;) And it's a beer reference which I figure would pass muster in these parts anyway :banned: Turnovers are not accidents, Pittfans - it's what we do. We'd welcome the challenge (as well as the Cowher playoff play calling), but I'd just as soon see Denver trip up and have my boys come up with a 2 seed.-QG

"Go ahead Bengals fans. You haven't been able to trash talk for 15 years so you need to let it out, it's cool.

But the "Who Dey" thing is really stupid though... "

No stupider than a crying towel ;) And it's a beer reference which I figure would pass muster in these parts anyway :banned:

Turnovers are not accidents, Pittfans - it's what we do. We'd welcome the challenge (as well as the Cowher playoff play calling), but I'd just as soon see Denver trip up and have my boys come up with a 2 seed.

-QG
You fail to remember the fumble the Steelers recovered but the refs botched the call.

We'd welcome the challenge (as well as the Cowher playoff play calling), but I'd just as soon see Denver trip up and have my boys come up with a 2 seed.

-QG
I have to laugh when I see a Bengals fan talking smack against Cowher. Cowher has absolutely owned the friggin' Bengals. And go ahead and make fun of Cowher's 8-9 playoff record. He has still won 8 more playoff games than the Bengals have even played.

As for the Roth injury, I'm neither being overly sensitive nor am I worried. There's 2 capable backups behind him.
Surely, you cant be serious?
Look at the date. It was 2 months ago. Where were you before we had a chance to see Maddox throw a couple of games away? Obviously if Maddox had played like the Touchdown Tommy of old we wouldn't be having this discussion. Amazing how he went from "comeback player" and "Touchdown Tommy" to a guy who looks nervous and unsure of himself. Batch played very well against Cleveland before getting hurt though. So I still say he's one of the better #2's out there and Tommy is one of the better #3's.

We'd welcome the challenge (as well as the Cowher playoff play calling), but I'd just as soon see Denver trip up and have my boys come up with a 2 seed.

-QG
I have to laugh when I see a Bengals fan talking smack against Cowher. Cowher has absolutely owned the friggin' Bengals. And go ahead and make fun of Cowher's 8-9 playoff record. He has still won 8 more playoff games than the Bengals have even played.
Bengal fans don't let facts get in the way of their making a point...you should know that by now.

Talk #### while you can. We know you haven't been able too in about 20 years so have your fun. Have your 3 weeks of glory until wildcard weekend

The fact is Marvin has a Super Bowl ring as a coach, Cowher does not.The tide's turned guys, I have no problem with seeing you guys in the playoffs as you'll be one and done.WHO DEY.-QG(Anyhow, fun smack aside, I really did want to give you that original scoop about your playoff situation, since guys like Peter King will invariably get it wrong and publish it. Most likely situation is us vs. you in round one, but if Oakland shows up against Denver, it's a whole other situation)

I guess I'll leave it as...We'll see.

We'll see who's ready for the playoffs and who isn't.

1st things 1st though, we have 2 more games to win...
the Browns may just put a nix in your playoff plans Jr... :ph34r:

Possible but unlikely. IIRC, the Browns have beaten Pittsburgh exactly once since the millenium began.

The fact is Marvin has a Super Bowl ring as a coach, Cowher does not.
And what is Marvin's record as a coach vs Cowher?Not that any of that matters. If the Steelers make the playoffs and play Cincinnati it should be a great game. I hope it happens.

[the Browns may just put a nix in your playoff plans Jr...
default_ph34r.png'
Possible but unlikely. IIRC, the Browns have beaten Pittsburgh exactly once since the millenium began.
If you'd like to go back a lil further...Cleveland owns the win/loss record vs the stillers 55-50 (regular season and playoffs). It's easy to pick on an expansion team who's had to rebuild after 6 years of bad coaching. But long term, this rivalry is pretty rich with tradition and passion. I would not be suprised to see the Browns step up and play hard this week, the same way they did against Cincinnati.

[the Browns may just put a nix in your playoff plans Jr...
default_ph34r.png'
If you'd like to go back a lil further...Cleveland owns the win/loss record vs the stillers 55-50 (regular season and playoffs). It's easy to pick on an expansion team who's had to rebuild after 6 years of bad coaching. But long term, this rivalry is pretty rich with tradition and passion. I would not be suprised to see the Browns step up and play hard this week, the same way they did against Cincinnati.
And games won and lost in the '60's are relevant to this week's outcome how? The point of EG's post was that the CURRENT Clowns have done nothing to suggest that they are going to rise up and smite the Stillers. Interesting, though, that you wouldn't be surprised to see them "play hard this week". I thought that was what they were supposed to do every week.

And games won and lost in the '60's are relevant to this week's outcome how? The point of EG's post was that the CURRENT Clowns have done nothing to suggest that they are going to rise up and smite the Stillers. Interesting, though, that you wouldn't be surprised to see them "play hard this week". I thought that was what they were supposed to do every week.
Eh...with a good rivalry, you never know what to expect. That was my point. EG is correct about the team since it's rebirth. I won't deny that...but I do think that this type of matchup deserves to be looked at from a different angle. Ultimately, the Cleveland/Pittsburgh matchup has been a good one. Despite the win/loss record, it is a hard fought, tough matchup. During these games we can see everyone wearing their emotions on their sleeves and lining up to knock the snot out of each other on every play. To answer your question, yes every team should go out and play hard every week. But during a rivalry game, these teams tend to play that much tougher. Look at the last Battle of Ohio, for instance. Can you honestly tell me that you thought the game would be that close, with Cleveland leading until the very end? There's just something to these highly emotional games. :thumbup: *edited to fix the quotes...lol :nerd:

And games won and lost in the '60's are relevant to this week's outcome how?  The point of EG's post was that the CURRENT Clowns have done nothing to suggest that they are going to rise up and smite the Stillers.  Interesting, though, that you wouldn't be surprised to see them "play hard this week".  I thought that was what they were supposed to do every week.
Eh...with a good rivalry, you never know what to expect. That was my point. EG is correct about the team since it's rebirth. I won't deny that...but I do think that this type of matchup deserves to be looked at from a different angle. Ultimately, the Cleveland/Pittsburgh matchup has been a good one. Despite the win/loss record, it is a hard fought, tough matchup. During these games we can see everyone wearing their emotions on their sleeves and lining up to knock the snot out of each other on every play. To answer your question, yes every team should go out and play hard every week. But during a rivalry game, these teams tend to play that much tougher. Look at the last Battle of Ohio, for instance. Can you honestly tell me that you thought the game would be that close, with Cleveland leading until the very end? There's just something to these highly emotional games. :thumbup: *edited to fix the quotes...lol :nerd:
I expect Cleveland to play hard against Pittsburgh - they always do.I also expect Cleveland to come up short against Pittsburgh - they always do.

I'm not even ripping the Browns this time, I actually think they might be headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time. I just don't see them pulling the upset this week, that's all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Having a major earthquake sucked down Heinz Field is more likely.

We own the Cleveland Clowns & they know it!

Steelers Rule!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Having a major earthquake sucked down Heinz Field is more likely.

Steelers Rule!

HEY ! Haven't seen you around in a while, bro... what's going on?

I think it's awesome that we always seem to have one toolbox who does nothing but trash and hate the Steelers because their own team sucks. Going back a few years we had ThE ULtimAtE BRowNs fan, who I'm sure has since passed away from a coronary. RIP GB. :( Then, more recently, BGP stepped up to the plate. BGP has apparently lost his steam. and now this year we have the up and coming yippy puppy Warsteinner. If you really want to achieve BGP or UBF levels, you're going to have to work a lot harder than this. Good luck, little buddy.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:
LOLI just caught this rant.

Everyone is out to get you. You sound like a homer, nothing more, nothing less. Its ok, we understand. Its part of fandom.

And games won and lost in the '60's are relevant to this week's outcome how?  The point of EG's post was that the CURRENT Clowns have done nothing to suggest that they are going to rise up and smite the Stillers.  Interesting, though, that you wouldn't be surprised to see them "play hard this week".  I thought that was what they were supposed to do every week.
I expect Cleveland to play hard against Pittsburgh - they always do.I also expect Cleveland to come up short against Pittsburgh - they always do.

I'm not even ripping the Browns this time, I actually think they might be headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time. I just don't see them pulling the upset this week, that's all.
I have no expectations for my Browns in this game. My Browns have no pro-bowl caliber talent. We have no identity. We are a totally inconsistent football club such that what happens one week may not happen the next.On local cleveland sports talk radio they do nothing but go thru wild swings in emotion. After one blowout loss, everyone predicts they won't another game and they will get the top pick in the draft. After a close loss to a good team or a win, they start predicting winning records.

The Steelers have won the last three meetings by two or more scores. Not much you can say about that. How my Browns fare largely depends upon how our inconsistent players fare. If Antonio Bryant doesn't drop a lot of balls and Frye looks great, hey we may make it a game. If not, then its probably a rout. But who knows really?

I have no expectations for my Browns in this game. My Browns have no pro-bowl caliber talent. We have no identity. We are a totally inconsistent football club such that what happens one week may not happen the next.On local cleveland sports talk radio they do nothing but go thru wild swings in emotion. After one blowout loss, everyone predicts they won't another game and they will get the top pick in the draft. After a close loss to a good team or a win, they start predicting winning records.The Steelers have won the last three meetings by two or more scores. Not much you can say about that. How my Browns fare largely depends upon how our inconsistent players fare. If Antonio Bryant doesn't drop a lot of balls and Frye looks great, hey we may make it a game. If not, then its probably a rout. But who knows really?
That's the best way to look at it. However, I do believe the Browns are taking steps in the right direction. I was quite surprised by Cleveland's opening drive in the last game with Pittsburgh. They moved the ball well and mustered up a scoring drive. If the players put everything they have into this game, it will definitely be exciting and fun to watch. How the tempo is set in the beginning of the game will dictate how the Browns will do throughout this match, IMO.

The Browns do seem to be playing with heart and also appear to be headed in the right direction. I'll tell you one thing, the Steelers better not be looking past this game or they're going to get their heads handed to them. Oh, wait a minute. The Steelers have the Lions next week. No chance they'll be looking past this one. :D

Steelers Rule!

HEY ! Haven't seen you around in a while, bro... what's going on?
Workin' my ### off, playin' the ff, you know, usual stuff. We gonna get it together in 2006 to face off in fantasy football?How about a re-draft league, $200 entry, winner take all?

Users who are viewing this thread