What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Cup of Hockey Thread (1 Viewer)

Got call from DU ticket office today - season tickets are ready to be picked up. Another College Hockey season starting soon

Got call from DU ticket office today - season tickets are ready to be picked up. Another College Hockey season starting soon
We should catch a game sometime.  Gopher fan but I catch a few DU games every season.  HUGE DU fan when North Dakota is around despite their home arena advantage in Denver.

We should catch a game sometime.  Gopher fan but I catch a few DU games every season.  HUGE DU fan when North Dakota is around despite their home arena advantage in Denver.
No NoDak visit this year to Magness.

I live in Georgia now - but I do come back for games. Miss the old WCHA and giving the Gophers a beatdown.

Havent settled on a schedule yet - but will let you know

Last edited by a moderator:
No NoDak visit this year to Magness.

I live in Georgia now - but I do come back for games. Miss the old WCHA and giving the Gophers a beatdown.
Gophers are 94–73–12 against DU all-time.  Looking forward to college hockey.  Gophers should be top 10 this year and I expect DU to be there too.

FYI- The Gophers play UND in Minneapolis the week before DU goes to UND.  Hope we don't send a pissed off UND team home for redemption...

Edit: I miss the WCHA too.  Best conference ever gets blown up by the stupid BigTen.  So stupid.

I watched a lot of the Fins/Swedes, Finland had a ton of good scoring opportunities and King Henrick was just crazy good today.  Fins are really developing a lot of scoring talent in Laine, Aho, Granlund, and Barkov.  Thought they were the better team today, Koivu was everywhere. 

Am I the only one not too fond of Don Cherry.  I find it kind of funny when he calls out a hot dog.  Maybe you should tone down those suits before you give someone a hard time for pimping himself.

What's the tie breaker?  Goal differential or H2H record?

Really want to see Team North America advance.

Am I the only one not too fond of Don Cherry.  I find it kind of funny when he calls out a hot dog.  Maybe you should tone down those suits before you give someone a hard time for pimping himself.
He's got the best shtick in the business 

What's the tie breaker?  Goal differential or H2H record?

Really want to see Team North America advance.
Tie-Breaking Procedure (from the World Cup site)

Tie Between Two Teams 
If two teams are tied in points, the tie is broken by the result of the head-to-head game between the two tied teams. 

Three- or Four-Way Tie 
(Tie-breakers 1-4 calculated based on ALL games played): 
ROW (Total of regulation and OT wins)
Regulation wins (Total of regulation wins only)
Goal Differential (Total Goals For minus total Goals Against in all games played)
Total Goals Scored (Total Goals For in all games played)

(Tie-breakers 5-6 calculated based on games played between the tied teams only): 
Goal Differential (Total Goals For minus total Goals Against in games between the tied teams)
Total Goals Scored (Total Goals For in games between tied teams)

He's basically the Canadian Craig Sager

Has Kane played a good shift yet in 4 periods?  I don't think I've seen it.  I get that he's got a target on his back but still.  He always looks all-world against the Wild.

Steve Levy calls this like it's a December Sunday afternoon game between the Panthers and Thrashers. 

Gophers are 94–73–12 against DU all-time.  Looking forward to college hockey.  Gophers should be top 10 this year and I expect DU to be there too.

FYI- The Gophers play UND in Minneapolis the week before DU goes to UND.  Hope we don't send a pissed off UND team home for redemption...

Edit: I miss the WCHA too.  Best conference ever gets blown up by the stupid BigTen.  So stupid.
That record disparity was forged after UMTC went after Denver and had them put on probation in late 70's - it's effect took until the 90's and Gwozdecky it was rough waters - after Gwoz we started taking the gophers down regularly - 2000's especially. Would love to but more beatdowns on The Don.

Tie-Breaking Procedure (from the World Cup site)

Tie Between Two Teams 
If two teams are tied in points, the tie is broken by the result of the head-to-head game between the two tied teams. 

Three- or Four-Way Tie 
(Tie-breakers 1-4 calculated based on ALL games played): 
ROW (Total of regulation and OT wins)
Regulation wins (Total of regulation wins only)
Goal Differential (Total Goals For minus total Goals Against in all games played)
Total Goals Scored (Total Goals For in all games played)

(Tie-breakers 5-6 calculated based on games played between the tied teams only): 
Goal Differential (Total Goals For minus total Goals Against in games between the tied teams)
Total Goals Scored (Total Goals For in games between tied teams)
OK--So there could be a 3-way tie if both TNA and Russia win.

I thought Torts teams would be all bad-### and knock you on your ### when you tried to dipsie doodle

I don't like Cherry at all. He's a bit Trump-y.

ffldrew said:
That record disparity was forged after UMTC went after Denver and had them put on probation in late 70's - it's effect took until the 90's and Gwozdecky it was rough waters - after Gwoz we started taking the gophers down regularly - 2000's especially. Would love to but more beatdowns on The Don.
True.  I watched two 5-4 losses at Magness a few years back.  DU started to have our number especially if we were rated highly.

I don't know much about the 70's dispute but know that Denver got on my radar in the late 90's.  They got scary good, really quick in the WCHA and you needed to pay attention.  And they've stayed that way since.

Maybe we'll meet in the tournament?  I expect both teams to make it.  Montgomery is also a very good college coach.

Go figure, US was worst team in the field and it wasn't close.Shut out by Europe really, and this will be 7-2 final I'd say. Embarrassing!

Users who are viewing this thread