What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Not looking great for AJ Green to come in and provide the playoff run spark that we had hoped for.  Dalton is done, and Green's injury is clearly worse than the coaching staff has ever let on.  I would not be shocked to see him go to IR now that the seaosn is over, and it may not even be the worst thing for dynasty owners as his value is going to be tough to gauge with Jeff Driscoll at the helm.  Opening up that roster spot may be better than dealing with the uncertainty of Green's health and QB situation.

Anyone have any info or insight on Driscoll?  

Not looking great for AJ Green to come in and provide the playoff run spark that we had hoped for.  Dalton is done, and Green's injury is clearly worse than the coaching staff has ever let on.  I would not be shocked to see him go to IR now that the seaosn is over, and it may not even be the worst thing for dynasty owners as his value is going to be tough to gauge with Jeff Driscoll at the helm.  Opening up that roster spot may be better than dealing with the uncertainty of Green's health and QB situation.

No, but your scenario is plausible & I hate to admit it.  he is on one of my squads & has performed well.

If he can lay, he will play.  Bengals are not worried about your dynasty team

If he can lay, he will play.  Bengals are not worried about your dynasty team
They arent?  

Not at all what I meant, but I appreciate your insight.  My point was more that if he is not 100% healthy, they may not risk him making the injury worse in meaningless games.  If the games were still relevant, they might have let him play at less than 100.  Thats all, but again, appreciate your insight.

They arent?  

Not at all what I meant, but I appreciate your insight.  My point was more that if he is not 100% healthy, they may not risk him making the injury worse in meaningless games.  If the games were still relevant, they might have let him play at less than 100.  Thats all, but again, appreciate your insight.
I don;t think they are going to just fold up shop.  I think if he can play at a respectable level, he plays.

They are mathematically alive and you have to keep pushing.  Yeah that QB probably going to be bad - but stranger things have happened. 

have to figure if he don't play this week he could go on IR
Bengals are 5-6.  #2 Wildcard teams (BALT/INDI) are at 6-5.  

If AJ can play, he'll play.

AFC 
1. Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)
3. New England Patriots (8-3)
4. Houston Texans (7-3)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3-1)
5. Los Angeles Chargers (8-3)
6. Baltimore Ravens (6-5)

In the hunt: 
Indianapolis Colts (6-5)
Tennessee Titans (5-6)
Cincinnati Bengals (5-6)
Denver Broncos (5-6)
Miami Dolphins (5-6)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting discussion here, but I think Driscoll coming in might be beneficial to AJ Green.  I don't have data in front of me, but my gut says that in these situations the QB tends to go to their stars for 50/50 balls more often than not, trusting they come down with it.  It may be offset by the lack of chemistry, but I think he'll see an increase in targets.

Interesting discussion here, but I think Driscoll coming in might be beneficial to AJ Green.  I don't have data in front of me, but my gut says that in these situations the QB tends to go to their stars for 50/50 balls more often than not, trusting they come down with it.  It may be offset by the lack of chemistry, but I think he'll see an increase in targets.
AJ needs to be on the field Wednesday - Friday to get on the same page has the new QB, or I don't see them clicking....how many reps you think they took together?

Say what you want about Andy Dalton, but besides injury IIRC I think its the only QB AJ has had. So they knew each other really well

A.J. Green says he will play Sunday against the Broncos. Said it won’t take long to develop chemistry with Jeff Driskel. “Just put the ball somewhere; I’ll get it,” Green said.
Thank God. Just lost Gordon last week so I need to get points somewhere as playoffs approach.

A.J. Green (toe) participated in Wednesday morning's walkthrough and said he's "back to play" this week against the Broncos.

Green seemed to be close last week against the Browns, and the Bengals badly need him after going 0-3 with Green on the sideline. The playoff hopes are likely dead with Andy Dalton (thumb) done for the year, but Jeff Driskel has shown some playmaking ability in limited NFL action. Green will be more of a WR2 with Driskel until Driskel proves he can consistently get him the ball.
It's a walk-through, but combined with his earlier comments it's a good sign.

How effetive do we expect today?

Green or Humphries as my opponent is starting Winston.  If he is completely healthy, it's Green.  Hoping he's not hobbled.

Feel bad for Green. He's truly one of the best and the Bengals seem to be cursed.  Get rid of Lewis. My god!  How is he still a HC?? I'm not even mad or upset about my playoff hopes on the team I have Green. He's a stud and a professional. Never complains, goes to work and is just a pure WR in every way.  Hat's off to you, AJ. Get better for next season.

i really dont want this to happen as I really like aj, and this is based off nothing more than a gut feeling, but i had a vision of him becoming a mediocre fantasy wr henceforth. 

T. Hill get his legs cut off last night? 
Are you unaware of what is going on with him?  What he allegedly did was way worse than what Kareem Hunt got cut for doing, albeit it wasnt caught on camera.  Plus, Hill had previous accusations of domestic violence.  It seems like almost a given that he will be missing time - maybe a lot.  If it is confirmed that he broke his 3 year old's arm as the result of domestic violence, we may never see him play another down.  Regardless, KC needs to be prepared for a life without T.Hill, and Sammy cant stay on the field.  With that D they are going to need to score 30 points a game, and they are in win-now mode so Green would make sense if he is really available.

I agree Green would be AWESOME as a Chief, but like menobrown said, crazy premature to say Chiefs don't have a #1 WR right now. Unless something changes, Hill is their #1. 

I agree Green would be AWESOME as a Chief, but like menobrown said, crazy premature to say Chiefs don't have a #1 WR right now. Unless something changes, Hill is their #1. 
Well, if you are KC you can certainly wait to find out if someone being accused for not the first time of domestic abuse which in this case involves a 3 year old is going to face a suspension before you react...or you can react based upon past precedent and go out and get a guy who at worst becomes the WR1B making your offense even more potent than it already was, which may help to mask the obvious deficiencies at RB and on D. 

Waiting it out means you probably lose out on Green.  Not sure why this is such a debatable concept.

Users who are viewing this thread