What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (2 Viewers)

I'm not counting on him. Was able to get Randle off waivers and am going to trot him out there unless AJ is removed from the injury report altogether.
You like Randle or maybe Aiken better than grabbing M Jones/Sanu?
Marvin and Aiken aren't options in my league (I do like Aiken more than Jones) and I like Randle much more than Sanu.
Would hate to play Aiken not knowing if AJ could be ready to go on Monday. If you grab a teammate you can wait. I had a waiver in for Randle but cancelled due to the moronic league and not knowing if they reduce the suspension of OBJ. No way they should.....which means I bet they do.

I'm not counting on him. Was able to get Randle off waivers and am going to trot him out there unless AJ is removed from the injury report altogether.
Marvin and Aiken aren't options in my league (I do like Aiken more than Jones) and I like Randle much more than Sanu.
Would hate to play Aiken not knowing if AJ could be ready to go on Monday. If you grab a teammate you can wait. I had a waiver in for Randle but cancelled due to the moronic league and not knowing if they reduce the suspension of OBJ. No way they should.....which means I bet they do.
Yeah, Monday game kills us. Denver defense at home against McCarron, who is pretty damn awful, isn't appetizing even if Green was 100%.

Ugh.

Just seems so wrong to bench a guy I have rolled out every week except his bye.

Compounded by the fact I don't like my alternatives.

Need more information on his health before deciding.
Being a Monday night game, I think the best you are going to get is "Questionable-back".

I don't own him and don't have the decision to make but if I did, I think I would be looking more at the other things, such as he has a backup QB playing on the road against the best passing defense in football (or one of the best).
Oh, I'm working my way through it.

• Sunday - denial
  • Monday - anger
  • Tuesday - Thursday - bargaining
  • Friday - Saturday - depression
  • Sunday - acceptance
;)

Yeah, Monday game kills us. Denver defense at home against McCarron, who is pretty damn awful, isn't appetizing even if Green was 100%.
True, It sucks because my only other WR is Fitz who has fallen off the map. Trying to decide if I play Aiken which of these 2 to risk it on.

We start 3 and I lost OBJ already.. after WW pickups my WR corps look like:

AJ, Decker, Randle, Diggs, Wheaton, Funchess

Likely rolling out Decker, Randle, and either Diggs or Wheaton.. the matchup is terrible, the history last year, the backup QB .. I'm avoiding this. Just glad I got some options off the WW.

Had Diggs. Love his matchup. Dropped him for a 2nd K with my last move of the season (max transactions cap.) I had kept that last transaction reserved in case I might need it, then last Saturday decided "I'm stacked everywhere, Diggs is my WR6, won't need him, the only backup I don't have is a K."

:ptts:

Yep, I actually actually did that.

:wall:

Most of my opponent's guys play at 1:00. After those games if I think I need the home run I'll wait and start AJ. If I need sure points I'll plug in Dwayne Harris who is the best available 4:00 option. I'll probably also pick up Sanu (jones taken) in case AJ is a scratch.

The Cincinnati Enquirer believes A.J. Green is "on track to play" Monday night against the Broncos.
Green bruised his back in last Saturday's walkthrough ahead of the Week 15 game against the 49ers. He was downgraded to questionable ahead of Sunday's game, but ultimately played before catching just 1-of-3 targets for 37 yards. Green left the game in the third quarter and never returned. Coach Marvin Lewis admitted the plan was to get Green out of the game as soon as they could. He should be ready for Monday in an extremely tough matchup.
This sounds very encouraging.

I dunno if I can trust him. Injured, back up qb, and going against Denver. I know what A Brown just did, but he had Ben and isn't injured. :confused:

He's a stud and has put up some pretty gaudy numbers when eifert has been shelved. Tough match-up for sure but AJ has been huge for me down the stretch so it's hard for me to sit him for the likes of Kearse, Inman, or Stevie J.

He's a stud and has put up some pretty gaudy numbers when eifert has been shelved. Tough match-up for sure but AJ has been huge for me down the stretch so it's hard for me to sit him for the likes of Kearse, Inman, or Stevie J.
He cost me a championship last year in HyperActive 1 when he put up a goose egg. This year's turn in the same league it's ODBjr, Luck, McCoy, Graham, and Ingram. Can you believe I"m still a 4 1/2 pt favorite?

You have to play him. Others that have other options with decent match ups have to ponder. His stud days are slowly fading into good WR2 days.

He cost me a championship last year in HyperActive 1 when he put up a goose egg. This year's turn in the same league it's ODBjr, Luck, McCoy, Graham, and Ingram. Can you believe I"m still a 4 1/2 pt favorite?
:shock:

Just j/king. Good luck this weekend.

Thanks a lot, now I'm just a 3.5 point favorite.

Thanks a lot, now I'm just a 3.5 point favorite.
:wall:

Thanks for the solid season AJ think I'm sitting you.

Freezing cold weather, on the road, don't know if the QB is any good, and Denver D is solid against the pass (although Ben shredded them last week).

AJ Green is soft and the Bengals are fantasy kryptonite. But I have no one else. 3-25-0 is my prediction.

Really tough decision here. I'm deciding between AJ & Diggs.

Leaning Diggs right now, but feel like I'm violating "rule #1. - play your studs."

Doesn't seem like weather should be a factor. 33 during the day tomorrow, little wind, down to 19 degrees by game time, no precipitation anticipated. AJ has been playing cold Novembers & Decembers for 5 years with around 5-8% decline in production (e.g., normal expected variance.)

I've been going back and forth between four players all week (need to start 2):

• Travis Benjamin
  • Michael Floyd
  • AJ Green
  • Todd Gurley
My thought process:

TB - good matchup, below average QB, on the road - excellent season but not consistent enough to trust.

MF - Pretty much the #1 ARI WR over the last 10 weeks. When healthy the targets/production are there.

OK, Floyd at WR3. Now to compare TB to two studs to figure out the Flex.

AJG - have started him 14 times, last week was an injury induced aberration, was very productive with AJM two weeks ago. Inconsistent up/down year, but was on fire for 3 straight weeks prior to last week. Very tough matchup (but not a shutdown situation), on the road.

TG - have benched him the last several weeks (started him 8 times overall.) Great talent, no balance to offense, facing 8/9 man fronts. Ran well versus the Lions and had decent FF production v. the Bucs. Seahawks smallish lineman can be moved but game flow could be a factor, though Fisher often plays Carrol tight & has beaten him 3 times.

It feels like the floor for these 3 is AJG>>>TB>TG

It feels like the ceiling for these 3 is TB>AJG>TG

I have a really good team with several good matchups. I don't need this matchup desperately, but what I do need is to avoid a 4 pointer. Presuming AJG is healthy, I believe he can beat Harris & Talib occasionally. He won't have a 12-17 target week but with 6-8 he should do fine. If I needed a home run I might look elsewhere, but I'm going to go with the one who brought me here.

Doesn't seem like weather should be a factor. 33 during the day tomorrow, little wind, down to 19 degrees by game time, no precipitation anticipated. AJ has been playing cold Novembers & Decembers for 5 years with around 5-8% decline in production (e.g., normal expected variance.)

• Travis Benjamin
  • Michael Floyd
  • AJ Green
  • Todd Gurley
My thought process:

TB - good matchup, below average QB, on the road - excellent season but not consistent enough to trust.

MF - Pretty much the #1 ARI WR over the last 10 weeks. When healthy the targets/production are there.

AJG - have started him 14 times, last week was an injury induced aberration, was very productive with AJM two weeks ago. Inconsistent up/down year, but was on fire for 3 straight weeks prior to last week. Very tough matchup (but not a shutdown situation), on the road.

TG - have benched him the last several weeks (started him 8 times overall.) Great talent, no balance to offense, facing 8/9 man fronts. Ran well versus the Lions and had decent FF production v. the Bucs. Seahawks smallish lineman can be moved but game flow could be a factor, though Fisher often plays Carrol tight & has beaten him 3 times.

I have a really good team with several good matchups. I don't need this matchup desperately, but what I do need is to avoid a 4 pointer. Presuming AJG is healthy, I believe he can beat Harris & Talib occasionally. He won't have a 12-17 target week but with 6-8 he should do fine. If I needed a home run I might look elsewhere, but I'm going to go with the one who brought me here.
Good stuff.

I would start him among those 4 you listed, I don't own those other guys so not super familiar with their situations though. AJ's health doesn't seem to be an issue this week although last week just popped up out of no where. If Dalton were in I play him no worries, McCarron is just adding more unknown.

My big choice is him or Kamar Aiken. Classic stud with bad situation versus average player with ideal situation. Really torn, tough to bench AJ on MNF.

• Travis Benjamin
  • Michael Floyd
  • AJ Green
  • Todd Gurley
My thought process:TB - good matchup, below average QB, on the road - excellent season but not consistent enough to trust.

Good stuff.

I would start him among those 4 you listed, I don't own those other guys so not super familiar with their situations though. AJ's health doesn't seem to be an issue this week although last week just popped up out of no where. If Dalton were in I play him no worries, McCarron is just adding more unknown.

My big choice is him or Kamar Aiken. Classic stud with bad situation versus average player with ideal situation. Really torn, tough to bench AJ on MNF.
Aiken has a nice floor. GL GB

Leaning Diggs right now, but feel like I'm violating "rule #1. - play your studs."
same boat. glad I have until 8:30 to decide -- if I need the home run, I'll probably go AJ. will be based on how far behind I am.

AJ I feel can put up a 0 here. Diggs I think can probably get me a minimum of 5 or 6 against a soft giants secondary..

same boat. glad I have until 8:30 to decide -- if I need the home run, I'll probably go AJ. will be based on how far behind I am.

AJ I feel can put up a 0 here. Diggs I think can probably get me a minimum of 5 or 6 against a soft giants secondary..
Same although I've got Randle in my backpocket.

I'd put AJG's floor around 7.5 in full PPR. No reason to rationally think health is enough of a factor to base the decision. Two weeks ago, 5 of his 8 catches were after Dalton got hurt. Harris & Talib are good but not shutout good.

I like Diggs a lot this week. If I hadn't cut him with my last transaction (we have a cap) I would definitely think about rolling with Stefon.

Let's just say I'm glad I've wrapped it up and don't have to depend on him tonight.

Battle of the backup QBs. Two good defenses, cold weather, gotta figure both teams will try to establish the run. AJ to AJ worked pretty good two weeks ago against a not great Steelers defense. Last week an injury aberration. This week, a great WR against a couple of pretty good CBs. Offensive line needs to step up for the Bengals.

Let's just say I'm glad I've wrapped it up and don't have to depend on him tonight.

Battle of the backup QBs. Two good defenses, cold weather, gotta figure both teams will try to establish the run. AJ to AJ worked pretty good two weeks ago against a not great Steelers defense. Last week an injury aberration. This week, a great WR against a couple of pretty good CBs. Offensive line needs to step up for the Bengals.
Yeah, the picture you paint looks very bleak for Green but that mile high air helps for some long bombs. I still believe!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amen. If I had started him I would need 4 points. Would not be loving the wait for the game today along with all the texts from my league messing with me throughout the day.

Yeah, the picture you paint looks very bleak for Green but that mile hair helps for some long bombs. I still believe!!!
Just you and me tonight. Nervous. Long day of work on the east coast. :(

Up 25 and done against green and Denver D in standard (5 points for 100 yards receiving).

This is gonna be a looooong wait. I'd say it's 50/50

The other league where I have green, I sat for John brown. That one's pretty much in the bag fortunately.

Up 25 and done against green and Denver D in standard (5 points for 100 yards receiving).

This is gonna be a looooong wait. I'd say it's 50/50

The other league where I have green, I sat for John brown. That one's pretty much in the bag fortunately.
I think you are an 80/20 favorite here, in standard. Unless the DST scores crazy.

I more or less have it wrapped up. Up 22.2 in PPR, he has Demaryius, I have AJ. Unless DT blows up and AJ is totally invisible/gets injured, I should win.

I more or less have it wrapped up. Up 22.2 in PPR, he has Demaryius, I have AJ. Unless DT blows up and AJ is totally invisible/gets injured, I should win.
Don't tempt the Fantasy Gods, they are fickle #####es!

GL.
True, true. I'm in an odd scenario in 2 leagues, one of which I need DT to score 13.1 to win me a title there, and then this other one, where I need him held below 22.2. Need that sweet spot.

don't fail me now AJ! 1 TD please and just put this out of reach.

Don't tempt the Fantasy Gods, they are fickle #####es!

GL.
True, true. I'm in an odd scenario in 2 leagues, one of which I need DT to score 13.1 to win me a title there, and then this other one, where I need him held below 22.2. Need that sweet spot.

don't fail me now AJ! 1 TD please and just put this out of reach.
I was in the same boat with Brandin Cooks and hit winning my main big money league of 15 years and my other smaller league where I hardly pay attention but somehow lucked into the finals starting all kinds of scrubs. Greed is good.

Yeah, the picture you paint looks very bleak for Green but that mile hair helps for some long bombs. I still believe!!!
13 standard scoring points by AJ wins me a long sought after local dynasty championship, ugh, but still got to believe ...

Dodds has him projected higher than any other website or person here on FBG's - WR25 or lower on most sites.

Dodds has been wrong often 6-72 i think tonight he projects? Can't see how with McCarron vs that D.

Dodds has him projected higher than any other website or person here on FBG's - WR25 or lower on most sites.

Dodds has been wrong often 6-72 i think tonight he projects? Can't see how with McCarron vs that D.
I just need 6 pts from him :) Hopefully that won't be too much trouble, or he could pull a deja vu from last year in week 16 and go down with injury in the 1st qtr and cost me a championship again (in the same league no less).

I just need 6 pts from him :) Hopefully that won't be too much trouble, or he could pull a deja vu from last year in week 16 and go down with injury in the 1st qtr and cost me a championship again (in the same league no less).
Much like he did last week 1 for 37 in the Semi's.

I haven't checked Bovada yet, curious what his prop bet is for reception's and yards.

Users who are viewing this thread