What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

In redraft he's a complete disaster. I mean you are hoping for Henne to take over, good luck.

In dynasty, no need to panic, just enjoy your top 3 pick next year.

AR15 hasn't been great, he's made mistakes but let's be honest, this is not his fault.

Bortles has been bad, only going to Robinson in a panic, thus they are usually bad passes. I also think the play calling hasn't helped him in the slightest. They act like they are so rich in weapons that you don't need to scheme for Robinson but they aren't. Bortles hasn't been good and they need to help him by getting the best player on their offense mismatches. They want to have an offense like the Cardinals had last year except they have no run game and Bortles isn't competent enough to make use of all the weapons.

Long story short, get rid of Bortles or get rid of the play caller. Robinson is the real deal but he is not being given a fair chance to make it happen.

AR15 hasn't been great, he's made mistakes but let's be honest, this is not his fault.

Bortles has been bad, only going to Robinson in a panic, thus they are usually bad passes. I also think the play calling hasn't helped him in the slightest. They act like they are so rich in weapons that you don't need to scheme for Robinson but they aren't. Bortles hasn't been good and they need to help him by getting the best player on their offense mismatches. They want to have an offense like the Cardinals had last year except they have no run game and Bortles isn't competent enough to make use of all the weapons.

Long story short, get rid of Bortles or get rid of the play caller. Robinson is the real deal but he is not being given a fair chance to make it happen.
Yes Bortles stinks but don't give AR15 a pass.  He's dropping catchable passes this year.  Last week against the Bears he had a TD pass hit in right in the hands that he popped up in the air and was intercepted...it was a good pass.  I'm not panicking yet but AR15 needs to step it up.

I took over a team this offseason with him on the roster and I never liked him to begin with but I couldn't get any offers before the season started.  Now I'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick I'd bet and I might even settle for something less.  Seriously considering selling him pennies just to be rid of him.

I took over a team this offseason with him on the roster and I never liked him to begin with but I couldn't get any offers before the season started.  Now I'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick I'd bet and I might even settle for something less.  Seriously considering selling him pennies just to be rid of him.
You should be able to get a first for him I would think. 

just stunning to believe that using ppg this guy is my WR7. 

I don't see how I can start him again this year without seeing back to back productive games first.  But I'm sure not going to dump him just to be rid of him. he showed way too much last year to think he can't bounce back. His head is just not in the game this season and Bortles has regressed significantly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand Bortles is awful and was awful today. On the other hand he saw 8 targets and caught 2 of them for 9 yards. I doubt you can really sell him. 

Great summary.  I agree completely.  Also AR15's use is confusing.  Jax seems to go long stretches of games ignoring him (no targets).  Then on a desperate 3rd downs they force it to him and no one can figure out why Robinson is struggling...

The lack of long plays is crazy too.  Had too many to count last year. So far this season, i can't recall one

According to Matt Waldmans sources Bortles did very little honing his craft this off season. Unlike the year before he put in a lot of effort.

Take it for what it worth but if this had come out earlier a lot of ARob owners may have dodged a bullet here

Like I said last night, I'm giving ar15 one last shot on Thursday.  One more stinker and he's on the bench forever for me

Like I said last night, I'm giving ar15 one last shot on Thursday.  One more stinker and he's on the bench forever for me
I agree although I think it was being a bit overstated how bad he had been. He was basically a WR for standard. Yesterday was awful though. 

Perfect buy low, but I wouldn't overpay. The  schedule doesn't look so hot. 

I see @KC, HOU, @BUF, DEN, MN, @HOU on the schedule. Not good matchups. 

He's not going to live up to #1 WR draft production.

Thursday is a bad game to give a guy on final chance on.  There is a high degree of fail in Thursday games in general.  Not that Robinson deserves any leeway, but this is a tough game to hope for a bounce back.  I'm benching him for Enunwa.  Yes, Quincy Enunwa.

Thought I Sharked him in my redraft league this year. Traded away Gordon for him. I'll ride this train to the end though, we have deep enough benches and he's a talented guy.

From the keyboard of Waldman:

8. ALLEN ROBINSON'S AILMENT

You mean, besides Blake Bortles

Yes. The Jaguars have dropped 11 passes during the past 2 weeks. Robinson had 3 of those 5 drops against the Raiders and 1 of his drops last week against the Bears was a low target in the end zone that resulted in an interception. Robinson repeated that ignominious feat at the end of the Oakland game when he tipped a low target upward and into the arms of Reggie Nelson

There's a lot wrong with this offense that isn't Robinson's fault. Bortles didn't prepare like he did last year when he worked with Tom House in California and it shows. He's not recognizing basic coverage types quick enough and he's either throwing to covered players or holding onto the ball too long. His offensive line hasn't developed—top pick Luke Joeckel has been a bust. 

And Robinson isn't the only receiver dropping the ball. The Jaguars have the worst third-down conversion percentage in the NFL. This unit has been my biggest fantasy miss of the year. Hopefully, you weren't caught in the wake.  

Sounds like he's trying to figure it out on his end.  hopefully bortles is working extra too as I blame him most of all.

EXTRA EFFORTJaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson had multiple dropped passes Sunday. In practice this week he has asked that a ball be thrown to him on every repetition - as opposed to having the quarterback throw the ball to just one of several receivers. "That is the kind of competitor he is," quarterback Blake Bortlessaid. "When you struggle with something or something doesn't go your way you can either ignore it and hope that it doesn't happen again, or you can do something about and go try to make yourself better," Bortles said. "That is what he does." Bradley called Robinson "extremely competitive," adding "his ability to be a receiver, his ability to catch the ball, is outstanding. We see it in practice every day. I think he just has to play, calm things down and execute like he's capable. There's going to be a few drops here and there and just realize that's not who he is and make the plays that he's capable of making."

Probably going to bench him tonight, anyone else? He might bounce back, but my gut says it won't be tonight.

BTW, we had a crappy Thursday Jagaurs/Titans game last year too, how did we wind up with another one this year? Jags won last year 19 to 13, and AR15 had 5/113/0.

I'm deciding between him and Ingram in my flex this week.  I don't like starting struggling players on a Thursday night but Ingram is up against the Seahawks D.  I might just flip a coin when I get home from work.  This feels like a situation where if I bench him then he goes off tonight and I'm mad for the next few days seeing all those bench points but if I start him then he'll do nothing and I'll be mad for a few days seeing those low points in my starting lineup.

I'm going to run him out there. Bye week makes it tough not too. Tennessee is missing a couple CB's tonight. I think he get's back on track. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I cant start him until I see some sign of life.  He is the 5th WR on my team behind Fitz, Ty Montgomery, Tyrel Williams, and Mike Thomas.

I would literally trade him for a bag of chips and a coke right now.

I owned him in two dynasty leagues. I was able to cash out after week one for Kelvin Benjamin and Corey Coleman in one league. 6 receptions on 15 targets was a troubling sign, especially considering his catch rate was low last year(53%). Hurns was at 61% last year and 4 of 5 week one. My thought was that if Bortles had better success with Hurns, then maybe it's AR. I started to wonder if AR was Braylon Edwards all over.

I compared his stats from last year through week 7 to this year:

2015 through 7 weeks, he had 69 targets, 34 Rec, 586 yrds, 6 TDs and Rec% 49.3

2016 through 7 weeks, he has 55 targets, 26 Rec, 296 yrds, 3 TDs and Rec% 47.3

Thinking his drops are the major problem this year, it surprised me is that his Rec % was pretty bad last year too.

The play of Maquis Lee looks to have taken targets and receptions from both Robinson and Hurns equally, but he hasn't scored a TD. He's basically a more productive/better Bryan Walters.

Bortles through week 7 compared to last year has 35 less attempts, 245 less yards and 6 less TDs.

Got to think Robinson just hasn't connected on the deep ball yet this year as the yards are way down but the targets and receptions are at least in the ballpark as last year. His targets per game are really only fractionally off from last year (9.9 T/G in 2015 vs. 9.2 T/G in 2016.)

Still not really sure what to think of it all, other than TDs are fluky and Bortles may not being throwing it deep as much this year for whatever reason, and certainly not connecting with Robinson deep. Other than that, Robison is basically the same guy; leads team in targets and TDs and has a poor catch percentage.

I haven't really commented much in here since I don't own AR but I really do think this is a great time to buy him low. Rumor that I heard somewhere on these forums was Gus Bradley probably would have been fired if it weren't for their game being on Thursday this week. So, if they lose I'd expect him to be fired right away, giving his replacement a good 10 days to figure things out for next week. I would imagine his replacement would do his best to get his 2 biggest offensive weapons involved, AR and Bortles. 

crap. with all my RB injuries I need to flex in a WR. Given the byes eating into my WRs, I chose Robinson over Meridith and Snead (expecting Snead to be taken away by coverage and Meridith lost Hoyer as his QB). 

Not happy at all about this. 

Users who are viewing this thread