What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, DET (5 Viewers)

ARSB locker room interview Thursday

Cool seeing how relaxed he is this year. Very matter of fact self-assurance without being arrogant.

Worth listening just to hear the light hearted banter with a female German sportswriter (in German, which he repeated in English) who is in town doing a feature on him. Also talks a lot about Jared and Ben.

Dem boys are cookin’ rn.

Edit - sorry starts at 3:28. I might edit the link later for the time stamp. But being 61 I also might forget later lol.

He could get peppered with targets if Laporta is out or limited.

Don't think DET will be able to just pound the ball either. Seeing this TB game as potentially one of the better games of the week.

When the top 6 are healthy (Decker-Jackson-Ragnow-Glasgow-Sewell-Vaitai) I honestly don’t think so. That’s a couple veterans grading out Top 20, three guys ranked Top 6 at their position (2 are 2nd), and an 8 year Vet who is only struggling bc he’s tough af and playing through a HAS (last week was start #100.)

I’m not sure anyone in the league can stop Detroit right now. Talent, scheme, commitment. They’re going to do what they want to do.
Confidence!

Questionable for Monday night with Illness ???
Sucks that it came out after the 1:00 games as it’s left me in a situation where I just have to hope he plays. My guess is he will be ok but it sounds like the flu has been going around the league. Mahomes. Saints said after the game a bunch of players had IVs after being ill, Thomas said he has hardly eaten all weekend.

What we know of ARSB it will be shocking if he does not play.

regardless pickup Raymond or Reynolds (if available) to give yourself an option to not get goose egged

Mahomes played sick today, that didn't go well for him

Would love to pick somebody up if ARSB doesn’t play. The problem is there’s nobody to drop at this point for those of us that can’t slot him into IR if he doesn’t play.

The problem is there’s nobody to drop at this point

yeah hadn't thought of that

really unfortunate timing

I don't own him this year but have been jammed up by MNF before but usually by GTD had some kind of choice

being late breaking ARSB managers couldn't drop anyone from the 1pm games and maybe didn't catch the news until after the 4pm started, just a bad break

I'm in a league where as long as a player isn't starting (i.e. they're on your bench), they can be dropped during or after their game. Thought this was more standard but maybe not. Was able to drop Bourne for Reynolds after Bourne's injury.

wait what am I saying…

I momentarily forgot I’m up against ARSB in a tight matchup & I desperately need the dub

Young man we got lots of playmakers and this team is never about one guy. JG, Sam, Leaf, Josh, Gibbs and Jamo. Get your fluids and stay in your tracksuit.

Lions have scored 45 & 38 points in the two previous games he missed (SEA last year, CAR Week 5.) As a fan I’m not overly concerned.

Bummer for ARSB managers but for Lions fans we have a S*** ton of built in over capacity for when he can’t go.

Lions have signed RB Devine Ozigbo to the Active Roster from the Practice Squad and elevated OL Michael Niese to the Active Roster from the Practice Squad.

He’s 100% playing tonight IMO

Detroit would have elevated WR Maurice Alexander or WR Dylan Drummond from the practice squad if they were concerned at all he couldn’t go,

Just offered all of my meaningful picks for this kid. 2024 early first, late first, early second, late second. Too much? Yeah. But I need a third top WR for a little security. Not to mention the guy who has Amon-Ra is tied with me at 8-1 with a 3-game lead on the rest of the league. #1 seed gets a first-round bye. So there is no way he moves Amon-Ra. Hoped maybe I could blow him away with too many good picks.

Just offered all of my meaningful picks for this kid. 2024 early first, late first, early second, late second. Too much? Yeah. But I need a third top WR for a little security. Not to mention the guy who has Amon-Ra is tied with me at 8-1 with a 3-game lead on the rest of the league. #1 seed gets a first-round bye. So there is no way he moves Amon-Ra. Hoped maybe I could blow him away with too many good picks.
I will always prefer to win now and worry about tomorrow later. I don't move him for picks in most scenarios. If I'm 8-1 and tied with u I definitely don't move him to u for picks.

I will always prefer to win now and worry about tomorrow later. I don't move him for picks in most scenarios. If I'm 8-1 and tied with u I definitely don't move him to u for picks.
Yeah I actually just took it off the table anyway. The value is just too far off. I will hope my two bigs stay healthy and ride them this year. Have two mids for emergencies ... Then keep all thise picks which will help build my depth back up next year.

And yeah, you're right, was probably an impossibly bad move for him strategically, to ever consider it.

This game was absolutely brutal for Lions offense. They just looked out of sync. Pressure. Bad execution. Amon still got decent numbers. Game script obviously helped. His floor is as high as any wr in the league.
Yep, you come away thinking he had a bad game and he got 18.5 FF points.

Pretty sure I can trick my wife into naming our next dog “Sunny” after this guy. ❤️
I came across a sunglasses brand called Sun God and think I have to order a pair, despite them being like $200 and I am a $35 Goodr guy.

Last edited:
The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett reports the Lions are expected to speak with Amon-Ra St. Brown’s representatives about a contract extension.
The conversation between the Lions’ brass and ARSB’s representatives is expected to go down at some point during the NFL Scouting Combine. A former fourth-round pick of the 2021 draft class, St. Brown has more than out-played his rookie contract and is set to be a free agent after next season. St. Brown has caught 315 passes for 3,588 yards and 21 touchdowns through three seasons, averaging more than 100 receptions per year. One of the league’s premier producers, the Lions would be wise to get St. Brown under contract early in the offseason as several other key players will soon be due extensions in the near future.

The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett reports the Lions are expected to speak with Amon-Ra St. Brown’s representatives about a contract extension.
The conversation between the Lions’ brass and ARSB’s representatives is expected to go down at some point during the NFL Scouting Combine. A former fourth-round pick of the 2021 draft class, St. Brown has more than out-played his rookie contract and is set to be a free agent after next season. St. Brown has caught 315 passes for 3,588 yards and 21 touchdowns through three seasons, averaging more than 100 receptions per year. One of the league’s premier producers, the Lions would be wise to get St. Brown under contract early in the offseason as several other key players will soon be due extensions in the near future.
Evans getting $26m per year just helped St Brown. He just cost the Lions more money.

Isn't Goff seeking a new contract too?
It seems like that nice young team is going to eventually be hard to keep together

Evans getting $26m per year just helped St Brown. He just cost the Lions more money.

Only $35 is guaranteed. The top dollar don't mean much without all the details.

Only $35 is guaranteed. The top dollar don't mean much without all the details.
If $35m is truly guaranteed if Evans is not seeing $52m for two years it means he's seeing $35M for one year. Either way, it's upping the market which was expected with the cap increase.

ASB will easily get a true $26m+ over first few years of his deal.

Lions signed WR Amon-Ra St. Brown to a four-year contract extension worth up to $120 million.
Good deal for the Lions. I think Amon-Ra is still grossly underrated to the majority of people. He's a top-3 NFL WR in my opinion, and if getting him done 1st, means he gets less than guys like Lamb or Chase, that's a win for the Lions, because he's better than those guys.

Told you.

Lions signed WR Amon-Ra St. Brown to a four-year contract extension worth up to $120 million.
SF pissed at this as they haven't upped Aiyuk yet.
I can't imagine paying Aiyuk that much.
I think both are great receivers but I think Aiyuk is better. ARSB benefits from being the #1 target in DET. Aiyuk shares more touches and more competition for targets.

Both are great but I think Aiyuk is a better route runner.

I think both are great receivers but I think Aiyuk is better. ARSB benefits from being the #1 target in DET. Aiyuk shares more touches and more competition for targets.

Sure but ARSB has proven he’s capable of being the focus of the offense. Aiyuk hasn’t so it’s just theoretical for him.

Sure but ARSB has proven he’s capable of being the focus of the offense. Aiyuk hasn’t so it’s just theoretical for him.
I agree with the first part about ARSB (fantastic receiver) but if you think Aiyuk "isn't capabale" that is where we disagree. Different offenses, more target competition in SF but saying Aiyuk isn't capable when he's one of the best route runners in the league... he is elite.

Agree with this. In ARSB's 3 year career his minimum amount of catches is still 15 more than Aiyuk's career high, over a 4 year career. I get target competition and all, but usually if you are truly "elite" people have to compete with *you" for targets, not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread