What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (5 Viewers)

Rotoworld take:

A source with knowledge of the situation tells NBC's Chris Simms that Antonio Brown is dealing with frostbitten feet after "entering a cryotherapy machine without the proper footwear."

Well that's a new one. Brown had previously been described as dealing with "blisters." Speaking Tuesday, coach Jon Gruden would only say the team was "gathering information." It's a ridiculous injury but hardly a laughing matter. Brown's status for the remainder of camp should be considered up in the air.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Aug 6, 2019, 2:58 PM ET

The San Diego Union Tribune's David Chao expects Antonio Brown (foot) to be ready "well before the regular season."

Brown is dealing with some form of frost burn from a cryotherapy mishap. He can run but has trouble getting in and out of his cuts. The injury is going to limit his training camp reps with Derek Carr, but Brown shouldn't be in danger of missing Week 1.

SOURCE: San Diego Union-Tribune

Aug 7, 2019, 4:53 PM ET

B/R reporting he could be out awhile now. I like Chao a bit more than B/R but this is all sorts of whacky. You’d have to imagine the Steelers FO is having quite the giggle right now.

B/R reporting he could be out awhile now. I like Chao a bit more than B/R but this is all sorts of whacky. You’d have to imagine the Steelers FO is having quite the giggle right now.
I think Bills fans are enjoying a bit of Schadenfreude right now as well. I mean, the odds of a guy rejecting Buffalo to go to Oakland/Vegas and then ending up with extreme frostbite can't be all that high.

Man - now AB is MIA - raiders have no idea where he is? 

According to Chase Williams of WPXI Pittsburgh, Antonio Brown (foot) has gone "radio silent."

Williams reports that the Raiders have "no clue" where Brown is or the status of his injured foot. If true, it's a bizarre start to Brown's Oakland tenure and eerily reminiscent of the way he froze out (no pun intended) the Steelers by going AWOL late last season. AB is undoubtedly one of the greatest receivers in NFL history but for fantasy purposes, the red flags are beginning to pile up.

Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Antonio Brown (foot) is expected to rejoin the Raiders "in the near future."

Brown has missed 10 of the Raiders' 11 practices this summer while battling an injury he suffered as a result of not wearing proper footwear to a cryotherapy session. Gehlken refuted a report from Pittsburgh television anchor Chase Williams, who claimed that the former Steelers wide receiver had gone "radio silent" and the Raiders were unsure of his whereabouts. Along with several other starters, Brown won't be in uniform for Saturday's preseason opener against the Rams.

SOURCE: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Aug 9, 2019, 3:19 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread