What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Watson, GB (1 Viewer)

I hope everybody is going to be realistic here and understand he's extremely likely to be on a snap count.

Probably 15-20 plays, see how he fares, get him out of there hammy intact.

He's not winning your desperate ### your game this week ;)

I hope everybody is going to be realistic here and understand he's extremely likely to be on a snap count.

Logical and I tend to agree. But others say since he almost played last week that maybe he is near a full go this week.
He is likely a long shot to provide the long *** TD we hope for in his first game back...but it's still tempting to slot him into the lineup.

1-2 in the league I have CW, and would need to bench some very compelling options, so probably will wait this week out, but it is tempting. Dude is a DUDE when he is on and this should be a high scoring game. Only reservation for me is whether he is truly healthy.

We allow 2 flex positions and , 1 of those positions is filled with Zay Flowers, the other is between Drake London or Christian Watson :ponder:

As of right now the packers wr core averages 30 half ppr points. 30! Without Watson! This guys upside is definite league winner. Downside is injury prone. Remember last year when he popped off first game?

In 12 team leagues I don’t know how you don’t start him. We all need high variance options when every team is good or competitive in a league. 10 team leagues ok you may have some better options.

Im going against cmc this week so I need all hands on deck lol. CMC thrashes the cardinals usually

Coach LaFleur just said Watson still has not been medically cleared to play.
Unbelievable, the worst hamstring injury in history. You would have thought he tore his ACL. If he ever does that his career is over with his ridiculous recovery time
I remember Donte Stallworth having a hamstring issue that limited him for most of a season when I had him.

Isaac Bruce had hamstring issues early on in his career.

There are others.

Its an injury thats easy for a player to reaggrivate. Teams are smarter about rehabbing players with this issue now than they used to be.

As a Jayden Reed-stan, I'm thinking Watson playing this week helps Reed's value more than Watson's. Either way I'm betting the over and hoping both teams score a ton.

Starting CW in his debut over Quentin Johnston (Kupp/Mike Williams owner with devastated WR corps). Fortune favors the bold!

I drafted him in a ton of spots this year but I don't think I have the nerve tonight. I could probably use him in a couple of them, too, but I have no faith (as I sit here early in the morning). Maybe that will change later this afternoon but I almost hope it doesn't.

It’s between Garrett, DHop and Watson for me. Felt a lot better about that trio post draft than I do rn. Didn’t ever think Meyers and Puka would feel like easy starts over them.

As a Jayden Reed-stan, I'm thinking Watson playing this week helps Reed's value more than Watson's. Either way I'm betting the over and hoping both teams score a ton.
Both teams down 2 top OL--- I thin points will be difficult to come by-- especially for GB
Haven't they been down most of those guys for a couple weeks now? I guess you're right and it could be a defensive showcase taking that into consideration. But considering how much Jones, Reed, ARSB I own I'm hoping not. I may just be unrealistically wishing this into existence lol....

I know it's a big game, but considering they have a bye next week, it would seem crazy to not give him that extra extended healing time, unless they view him as 100%

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the team “will be cautious” with Christian Watson’s workload in Week 4 against the Lions.
This should serve as an immediate red flag to fantasy managers who were hoping to roll out Watson in his first game back. The Packers boast the eighth-highest scoring offense in the league through three weeks, and have gotten by just fine without Watson. While his return will bolster the passing game, the 2-1 Packers probably don’t feel much urgency to rush Watson back to action after he spent nearly three full weeks recovering from a hamstring injury. Unless you’re desperate for a spark, Watson may be best left on fantasy benches in Week 4.

I know it's a big game, but considering they have a bye next week, it would seem crazy to not give him that extra extended healing time, unless they view him as 100%
They already gave him extra time by holding him out Sunday vs Saints. This way he plays Thursday and gets to see how his body responds when they have a long break until facing the Raiders on MNF in 1.5 weeks.

Ive got to choose between Watson vs a decent detroit D or Mims vs a sucky chicago D. I expect both to play limited snaps. I see Watson as having a higher floor and Mims having a higher ceiling (at least for this week) Im leaning Mims for this week.

Ive got to choose between Watson vs a decent detroit D or Mims vs a sucky chicago D. I expect both to play limited snaps. I see Watson as having a higher floor and Mims having a higher ceiling (at least for this week) Im leaning Mims for this week.
Bears D is legit horrible.

In a 16 team league.….Going 4 WR‘s this week. Will definitely start Aiyuk, Evans, and Collins. Right now i have a toss up between Watson and Tutu…Might be the last week I can get decent returns on Tutu if Kupp comes back next week and not thrilled about Watson potentially being on pitch count.. Decisions, decisions……..will go right up to game time tonight to make this call!

they would not have put him out there if he can't go full speed thats like taking a speedster horse coming off an injury and trying to make a mudder out of him just because. sorry lol.
it's balls to the wall here not 'oooooh the water's too cold I'm gonna put one toe in at a time' nonsense.

you drafted him you start him zero pts be damned. you'll be kicking yourself if you sit him and he goes off for 7-138-2

they would not have put him out there if he can't go full speed thats like taking a speedster horse coming off an injury and trying to make a mudder out of him just because. sorry lol.
it's balls to the wall here not 'oooooh the water's too cold I'm gonna put one toe in at a time' nonsense.

you drafted him you start him zero pts be damned. you'll be kicking yourself if you sit him and he goes off for 7-138-2
He's sitting behind Lamb, Cooper, Puka, or maybe Lockett.

I can give him a week

I pulled Doubs from my lineup week 1 because of the limited snap count and I lost because of it after he scored 2 TD's on my bench

Easy call to start him... Packers are notorious for being extra cautious. Just takes one play for him to eat...he can still break one off this game

Is he on the field? How’s he look?

Not watching (yet).

Please advise 🙏
I saw him briefly but they had a 3rd and 3 and he wasn't on the field.
Couple targets now, all good 👍
0 points is not all good lol

Why you trying to jinx my reverse hex? 😂🤣

TD Watson!!
im happy he got some points
You and me both man, he was looking like a hen and not a rooster 🐔

Is he on the field? How’s he look?

Not watching (yet).

Please advise 🙏
I saw him briefly but they had a 3rd and 3 and he wasn't on the field.
Couple targets now, all good 👍
0 points is not all good lol

Why you trying to jinx my reverse hex? 😂🤣

TD Watson!!
im happy he got some points
You and me both man, he was looking like a hen and not a rooster 🐔
Not on the field this drive, mystifying

Users who are viewing this thread