What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Watson, GB (2 Viewers)

He must have strained an eye lash on the last drive. Just can't start him going forward, so soft
Are you privy to an injury tonight, or just venting. Most reports indicated a snap count.
Why play him at all then. He was in when they were getting blown out, now game is within reach and he's not. Makes zero sense
I get it, but owners who took the risk starting him tonight, knowing that a snap count or reaggravation was possible, should be quite content with the production.....and the game ain't nearly over yet.

Learned my lesson tonight, someone in my league will be dumb enough to take him in a trade. I will never start him any way.

Well.... my over hit at least lol. It's just the majority of the scoring went to Montgomery unfortunately. Not a terrible game for Reed, but wasn't the targets I was hoping to see either. And Jones... woof.

Is it an American thing that guys celebrate even when they are losing?

I'm from the UK and watching him start dancing when his team are still about 20 points down late in the game is quite perplexing to me.

I appreciate he isn't the only player to do this and that this comment is not fantasy related at all, but looking for some way of understanding this quite odd behaviour.

I'm from the UK and watching him start dancing when his team are still about 20 points down late in the game is quite perplexing to me.

I appreciate he isn't the only player to do this and that this comment is not fantasy related at all, but looking for some way of understanding this quite odd behaviour.

It’s easy to understand. Players like to celebrate TDs. Full stop. That’s it.

You simply don’t agree that it should be done when a team is losing. Sure okay.

Did you know I like pizza?

They get bored standing around waiting for commercial breaks to end so they are looking for anything to get excited about.

Trying to motivate his team

That was awesome how he got loose, than scored to make it a 2 possession game

Than, with 11 days off before next game, the training staff felt like he needed to rest the remainder of the game HAHAHA
No he still played some but when it was clear it was out of reach they removed him and Jones. Will probably get full snaps next week as long as he doesn't tweak it in practice.

Took Love FOREVER to throw him that TD pass. He was wide open on that rub. I could have thrown that TD pass and maybe even got it out faster. It would have arrived later though 🤣

Jayden Reed had 3/65
Doubs 9/95 and most of his receptions were pretty boring or seemed to have little impact on the game
It feels like defenses will let him catch the ball vs the other weapons
Reed is a decent looking rookie but he is not the same type of WR that Doubs is.

What all that means for Watson I'm not totally sure but once he starts getting more targets and catches, someone has to see less of them
I think it would be Doubs but he did see extensive work in a blowout last night
That's another thing, empty calories galore right now for Green Bay

Took Love FOREVER to throw him that TD pass. He was wide open on that rub. I could have thrown that TD pass and maybe even got it out faster. It would have arrived later though 🤣

Did you see how the ball actually bounced out of his hands and then he quickly reached out to grab it back?

Than, with 11 days off before next game, the training staff felt like he needed to rest the remainder of the game HAHAHA
No he still played some but when it was clear it was out of reach they removed him and Jones. Will probably get full snaps next week as long as he doesn't tweak it in practice.
Not true... He didn't play a snap after he scored the TD. Referenced post game he was upset and wanted to be in but appreciated the training staff looking after him

Not true... He didn't play a snap after he scored the TD. Referenced post game he was upset and wanted to be in but appreciated the training staff looking after him
Did he hurt himself when he was celebrating when they were down 3 scores?

Sell high. Looks like Doubs and Reed have more chemistry. I think Aaron was forcing him the ball last year.

Not that he's not talented, I just don't think he's going to command the lion's share of targets each week and there are people who still think he's their WR1 of the future.

I think he's a quality player, but he's going to be TD dependent whereas the other guys will catch more passes.

Sure. Laugh at my post. Life does seem silly when you actually try to predict it.

I like the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted this year more than the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted last year. It's probably going against the grain, but on the scale of "unexpected outcomes" it would be on the lower magnitude of outcomes.

You have to go on a limb to find some fruit. Essentially, I think Reed is Antonio Brown.

Last edited:
Sure. Laugh at my post. Life does seem silly when you actually try to predict it.

I like the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted more than the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted last year. It's probably going against the grain, but on the scale of "unexpected outcomes" it would be on the lower magnitude of outcomes.

You have to go on a limb to find some fruit. Essentially, I think Reed is Antonio Brown.
Linky no worky. And I don't want somebody quitting on the team.

I like the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted more than the 2nd Round WR Green Bay drafted last year. It's probably going against the grain, but on the scale of "unexpected outcomes" it would be on the lower magnitude of outcomes.

Linky no worky. And I don't want somebody quitting on the team.
Thank you! Sorry about that, I don't internet too good sometimes. It was just a link to my post in the Jayden Reed thread.

Post in thread 'WR Jayden Reed, GB' https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/wr-jayden-reed-gb.808295/post-24591150

Come on! Are you telling me British players don't celebrate regardless of score when they score goals, or tricks, googlies or snitches or whatever???

Is there any chance he’s a scratch?
Haven't heard but you are rolling the dice if you put him in your lineup. This guy is stealing money from GB
Because of his rookie year performance or because he is currently injured? Is every injured player stealing money from their team? Just curious what your standpoint is on the subject.

Right back to the bench he goes for me. Not risking a Monday night doughnut on a late scratch. Will keep monitoring for improved status, but I've seen this movie before and did not like the ending.

Right back to the bench he goes for me. Not risking a Monday night doughnut on a late scratch. Will keep monitoring for improved status, but I've seen this movie before and did not like the ending.
What is the concern? He sat until this point and has logged limited practice all week.

My concern is another snap count and that they’re not confident in him being fully unleashed. This was one hell of a hamstring pull- dude needs yoga and Pilates this offseason. Talk to cmc on what he did

I feel I have no choice to start him but have jeudy waiting at the flex for the afternoon game. Jeudy just doesn’t have the upside Watson has. But upside is capped if he’s not playing much

I traded for him in the offseason, time to cut him loose can't wait forever here. this guy is a colossal bust this season. just not working out for him.

Situations like this, I keep guy on the bench until he makes me regret it. I'm just looking for one blow-up game, and into my lineup he'll go.

I have Jordan Love, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs and Jayden Reed, all on my bench, but I do like them all and feel they are quality players to roster at least and to start if/when needed. Would love to see Watson fully healthy and getting 80% plus snap counts, Doubs is probably the best start of the three again week 5.

3 catches for 91 yards on 7 targets wasnt great BUT he was certainly the most productive wr tonight in a game where Love was HORRIBLE. Watson would have had a long probably game winning TD had Love thrown the ball earlier or father. Instead he threw it late and short getting one last interception in the record book before turning the lights out. He certainly built on his first week and if Love can shake off this start Watson can become wr#1 for GB like I drafted him to be.

3 catches for 91 yards on 7 targets wasnt great BUT he was certainly the most productive wr tonight in a game where Love was HORRIBLE. Watson would have had a long probably game winning TD had Love thrown the ball earlier or father. Instead he threw it late and short getting one last interception in the record book before turning the lights out. He certainly built on his first week and if Love can shake off this start Watson can become wr#1 for GB like I drafted him to be.
Loved seeing the down field shots. Also the Doubs/Watson pecking order put to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread