What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

Projections for tonight?

Other than back to back weeks of Maclin and Steve Smith over 100 yards, the Cinci defense seems to be limiting most of the WRs they've gone up against.

Need a big one from Hopkins and hoping he can snag a TD and some yardage tonight.

Projections for tonight?

Other than back to back weeks of Maclin and Steve Smith over 100 yards, the Cinci defense seems to be limiting most of the WRs they've gone up against.

Need a big one from Hopkins and hoping he can snag a TD and some yardage tonight.
Gonna need a big one from him tonight. I don't like my chances.

Hopkins cannot be stopped by the opposing defense. Only his quarterback play. If hoyer can stay upright and okay even decent at qb Hopkins is gonna eat tonight in prime time. That's my .02

I have Hopkins in one and Hoyer in another going against Gio and down. I need DHop to go off tonight.

Projections for tonight?

Gonna need a big one from him tonight. I don't like my chances.
yes Me to I need 55 points in a ppr bonus league bet Hopkins/Gio/Nugent/Cinci D. 8-100-1 td would be wonderful. A 18 target day is what Im hoping for.

I need 17 points in a 0.5ppr....I like my chances, but don't LOVE my chances. My concern is less about Hopkins as an individual and more concern with the rest of the Texans offense sucking so bad that Cincy just focuses on shutting him down.

Hoyer is actually #7 of all QB's with at least 55 passing attempts this season in touchdown percentage. #8 of all QB's in QB rating.

Hopkins should have a good game. He is match-up proof and they should throw a lot. Texans offensive line has been doing an adequate job of giving Hoyer time to throw. 130 yards and a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only wr in the NFL better than him is Antonio brown. And they might be same level or Hopkins better. Put Hopkins on Pittsburgh and brown is the #2.

Look at the garbage this guy has at qb since his career started 3 years ago. And all he does is produce.

And next week vs revis too ugh. At least the week after that is New Orleans
Revis got burned aplenty facing Watkins, he is not the same lockdown corner we used to know. Still very good but Hopkins will be fine. Try to not overreact, overanalyze and whine.

Also remember there are 4 quarters in football.

Fat Nick said:
I need 17 points in a 0.5ppr....I like my chances, but don't LOVE my chances. My concern is less about Hopkins as an individual and more concern with the rest of the Texans offense sucking so bad that Cincy just focuses on shutting him down.
:kicksrock:

Needed 3 more points. I turned the game off after the 1st half as I figured he wasn't going to even get close. I'm 7-2 in that league, and have lost both of my games by a combined total of less than 4 points. Both weeks I would've beaten every team except the one I played that week.

any other WR, and that week would've been a "good" week, but considering Hopkins has only had 2 weeks lower than this one this year, it was a disappointing outing. Guy is still a complete stud though.

Fat Nick said:
:kicksrock:

Needed 3 more points. I turned the game off after the 1st half as I figured he wasn't going to even get close. I'm 7-2 in that league, and have lost both of my games by a combined total of less than 4 points. Both weeks I would've beaten every team except the one I played that week.

any other WR, and that week would've been a "good" week, but considering Hopkins has only had 2 weeks lower than this one this year, it was a disappointing outing. Guy is still a complete stud though.
The problem with Hopkins is the lack of anything else on the Texans offense. Yates at QB, Blue/Polk/Grimes at RB, Fiedorowicz/Griffin at TE, Washington/Shorts at WR? Can you think of any other team that has less talent on offense after their star player? The opposing defenses should double and triple him all night.

And yet he still can make the plays like he made last night.

And next week vs revis too ugh. At least the week after that is New Orleans
Revis got burned aplenty facing Watkins, he is not the same lockdown corner we used to know. Still very good but Hopkins will be fine. Try to not overreact, overanalyze and whine.

Also remember there are 4 quarters in football.
3 catches for 14 yards is burned aplenty?
Go watch the game
Exactly. You just knew he'd reply with that though. Too funny.

Sorry I dont get points for drawing pass interference. Maybe you do in your league.
Sorry you miss the point (the one you brought up). Again.
You really do have to watch the game to understand shady. Watkins TOASTED revis all afternoon. His qb play, game script, and a few dropped passes screwed him. Not Revis.

I have total faith that Hopkins, who is every bit as good as Watkins and maybe better at route running and definitely has better hands, will be ok vs Revis.

I hope that the jets make the fatal flaw of thinking Revis can handle Hopkins 1 on 1. That would be awesome.

Sorry I dont get points for drawing pass interference. Maybe you do in your league.
You really do have to watch the game to understand shady. Watkins TOASTED revis all afternoon. His qb play, game script, and a few dropped passes screwed him. Not Revis.

I have total faith that Hopkins, who is every bit as good as Watkins and maybe better at route running and definitely has better hands, will be ok vs Revis.

I hope that the jets make the fatal flaw of thinking Revis can handle Hopkins 1 on 1. That would be awesome.
Idk. Hopkins is not as quick or fast as Sammy. Revis had to give Watkins a big cushion due to his speed. I don't think it is as concerning w Hopkins, though I still think Hopkins has about a 50% shot at a TD.

rickyg said:
kOOk said:
shadyridr said:
Cian actually wrote up Watkins vs. Revis for his Pushing the Pocket article this week. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=ptpadjauiosgbj

Misses practice today with a knee injury and now hit with Questionable tag.

My season couldn't get much worse at this point. Sorry guys for drafting all these players.

Editing to add the actual link. Yahoo changed him to Questionable. I don't know if they go by NFL tags or there own tags. Just saw it pop up on my phone notification which is why I said "Questionable".

DeAndre Hopkins (knee) did not practice Wednesday.

Advice: This comes as a surprise after Hopkins played all 63 offensive snaps in Monday night's win over the Bengals. It's very possible it's nothing, as ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli said Hopkins was present for the portion of practice open to the media. We'll be sure to update Hopkins' status Thursday.

More: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruh roh. I'm hanging on by a thread and Hopkins is my best player left. I'm in the last playoff spot and play the guy just out right this week. Dear god let him be OK.

Although I'm sure his knee is injured to some extent I don't think it's wise to read too much into a player missing practice on a Wednesday coming off a short week.

Ruh roh. I'm hanging on by a thread and Hopkins is my best player left. I'm in the last playoff spot and play the guy just out right this week. Dear god let him be OK.
I'm 8-2 (should be 9-1 if I wasn't an idiot 2 weeks ago), but I feel like my team is hanging on by a thread as well. If Hopkins is out while Odell is on a bye, I am in bad shape. With Luck, Foster and Smith Sr already gone, last thing I can do is afford one more issue. I just need to get through this week and somehow find another gem or I'm likely one and done in the playoffs after feeling like my team was the best a few injuries ago.

My season couldn't get much worse at this point. Sorry guys for drafting all these players.

Editing to add the actual link. Yahoo changed him to Questionable. I don't know if they go by NFL tags or there own tags. Just saw it pop up on my phone notification which is why I said "Questionable".

Advice: This comes as a surprise after Hopkins played all 63 offensive snaps in Monday night's win over the Bengals. It's very possible it's nothing, as ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli said Hopkins was present for the portion of practice open to the media. We'll be sure to update Hopkins' status Thursday.

(Rotoworld.com)
like the previous poster stated, a missed practice 36 hours or so after a game means little.

A Questionable tag by Yahoo on Wednesday should be taken with a grain of salt.

Check back in a few days.

(Rotoworld.com)
like the previous poster stated, a missed practice 36 hours or so after a game means little.

A Questionable tag by Yahoo on Wednesday should be taken with a grain of salt.

Check back in a few days.
yes, I probably jumped the gun. I saw the questionable tag and was thinking it was an official NFL tag for some reason.

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans
DeAndre Hopkins (knee) remained sidelined Thursday.
For now, it appears the Texans are just being cautious, but Hopkins needs to get in at least a limited session on Friday. Owners can leave Hopkins penciled into lineups, but his status cannot be taken for granted.

Don't panic, Don't panic, Don't panic

Worst week for him to be banged up with Beckham on a bye. Have no choice but to roll him out there, unless I go Moncrief. Worried he may just be a decoy, especially with Revis on him.

Part of me hopes he sits just one week. Yates, Revis, knee, everything is pointing to a down week for him. Not saying you bench him if he starts but I think his stats are replaceable this week.

Part of me hopes he sits just one week. Yates, Revis, knee, everything is pointing to a down week for him. Not saying you bench him if he starts but I think his stats are replaceable this week.
Definitely a week to sit him if you have better options. Most don't at this point though. If Luck was playing, I'd feel better about Moncrief over him, but I just can't convince myself that's the right play.

Uh oh ... Definitely not good news. Fingers crossed for full practice Friday and this all just being a smoke screen.

Users who are viewing this thread