What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

We're still talking about a guy who hasn't done anything yet in the NFL, outside of a fantastic pre-season game. On upside, I'll go sixth at the earliest.
67-740-6 is "not doing anything"? No, it's not studly, but it shows that he has potential, and he is now in a much more-efficient, pass-happy offense, and with a better QB. I think 70 catches, 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns is more than reasonable to project.
So we don't argue over semantics, allow me to reword my statement:

We're still talking about a guy who has done nothing in the NFL for our purposes. He hasn't performed thus far in his career to warrant his recent ADP. Taking Sanders in the fourth round is an exercise in making a bold forecast.

Again, I'm a Sanders backer. I've liked his talent since he's come in the NFL, and I still believe he's pretty good. His popularity during free agency reinforces that notion. So I don't think you make an outlandish projection; but at the same time, Sanders also has a high risk of not achieving up to those expectations. Do you not accept the possibility he can't play to that level, considering he hasn't shown such ability in 4 years in the league?

We're still talking about a guy who hasn't done anything yet in the NFL, outside of a fantastic pre-season game. On upside, I'll go sixth at the earliest.
67-740-6 is "not doing anything"? No, it's not studly, but it shows that he has potential, and he is now in a much more-efficient, pass-happy offense, and with a better QB. I think 70 catches, 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns is more than reasonable to project.

We're still talking about a guy who has done nothing in the NFL for our purposes. He hasn't performed thus far in his career to warrant his recent ADP. Taking Sanders in the fourth round is an exercise in making a bold forecast.

Again, I'm a Sanders backer. I've liked his talent since he's come in the NFL, and I still believe he's pretty good. His popularity during free agency reinforces that notion. So I don't think you make an outlandish projection; but at the same time, Sanders also has a high risk of not achieving up to those expectations. Do you not accept the possibility he can't play to that level, considering he hasn't shown such ability in 4 years in the league?
if fantasy football was based on last years stats, it wouldn't be very much fun.

if fantasy football was based on last years stats, it wouldn't be very much fun.
:yawn:

Production arises from talent + opportunity. Sanders certainly has a great opportunity in Denver, nobody would question that. But in terms of talent, Sanders has not proved himself as much as other players with a fourth round ADP, which would thus make a reasonable person question whether he's worthy of such selection. I will always take a guy I know has talent over the guy I think has talent.

Example: he just got taken ahead of Percy Harvin in my draft yesterday. That's crazy town.

Last edited by a moderator:
:yawn:

Production arises from talent + opportunity. Sanders certainly has a great opportunity in Denver, nobody would question that. But in terms of talent, Sanders has not proved himself as much as other players with a fourth round ADP, which would thus make a reasonable person question whether he's worthy of such selection. I will always take a guy I know has talent over the guy I think has talent.

Example: he just got taken ahead of Percy Harvin in my draft yesterday. That's crazy town.
you are basing your assessment of talent on past production, which, of course, was a function of past opportunity.

Certainly his opportunity has vastly improved - he's going from a team who has never (in my memory, anyways) been a top 10 passing attempt team to a team led by Peyton Manning. This isn't a talent play anyways - this is purely an opportunity play. Sanders is moving into the position of a guy who was WR12 last year. That's got to be worth something.

You are comparing him to Harvin - does it not bother you that Harvin has started more than 8 games twice in 5 years? Or what about the fact that the Seahawks had the 31st most passing attempts in the league last year?

*note: this post is for re-draft purposes only. I would agree to draft talent and not opportunity for dynasty purposes, so no way would I advocate Sanders in the 4th for dynasty.

I traded for Sanders last year because I like his talent in deep leagues. (If you care it was Witten for Kelce and Sanders) Even had he stayed in Pittsburgh I think he could have come close to 1,000 yards this year. Sure there's risk, even with Peyton. The 4th seems really high to me, though in best ball it's somewhat reasonable.

Sanders owners should be fleecing Welker owners in trades the next few weeks. Go for a good RB like Morris or Ellington.

So what is Sanders' value right now? Is he a sell high or a hold? What can one expect in to return for him in a trade?

I threw him on the block before the season. I got some decent offers but nothing wowed me so I kept him and am perfectly content with trotting him out every week...

What happens with Sanders when Welker comes back? May be as soon as this week if the NFLPA vote on a new drug testing policy.

What happens with Sanders when Welker comes back? May be as soon as this week if the NFLPA vote on a new drug testing policy.
In week 1, he was split pretty evenly between the slot and the outside WR positions, with Denver spending about half of its time in 11 personnel groupings (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs) and the other half in 12 (1 RB, 2 TEs, 2 WRs). When Welker returns, Sanders will return to the outside most of the time, and Denver will spend a lot more of its time in 3WR sets. Welker's return probably doesn't have a very big impact on the number of snaps Sanders plays or the number of routes he runs. It might eat into his target total, but it probably improves the average quality of each target. I'm not expecting Welker's arrival to have too much impact on Sanders' numbers.

Right, I see Sanders playing the outside most of the time and less Caldwell in the game except when they need a breather. DT, Welker, Sanders, and JT on the field makes for some serious weapons. The only fear I have is sort of like last week - one guy eating up all the TDs. That, and other teams not making the game competitive enough to keep Manning throwing the ball around.

Right, I see Sanders playing the outside most of the time and less Caldwell in the game except when they need a breather. DT, Welker, Sanders, and JT on the field makes for some serious weapons. The only fear I have is sort of like last week - one guy eating up all the TDs. That, and other teams not making the game competitive enough to keep Manning throwing the ball around.
leftcoastguy7 said:
Welker is back :yucky:

Sanders has had a decent two weeks. Are we still rolling with him with Welker in the lineup? Playing in Seattle?
It seems like Sanders kicking to the outside in the old Decker role would be a good thing. Total guesswork there on my part, but I hope it increases his red zone looks.

I drafted Welker and Sanders. I traded Welker on the basis of the game at SEA and the upcoming schedule, again I have no idea if I did right there, but the injury risk is a problem.

Purely wishful thinking but you have to take a shot.

leftcoastguy7 said:

Sanders has had a decent two weeks. Are we still rolling with him with Welker in the lineup? Playing in Seattle?
Sanders has the most snaps played of anyone on the team other than Peyton and the OL. So far he's spent 50% of his snaps in the slot and 50% outside. I suspect that with Welker's return he'll kick outside full-time. He and Demaryius will be the guys in 2-WR sets, and Welker will come on the field 50-70% of the time to play in 3-WR sets.

Love what I've seen so far, but going against Seattle this week and Welker back, I am considering benching him for Bradshaw (yes, crazy, but have a gut feeling).

leftcoastguy7 said:

6-77 and 8-108 is just decent? That is pretty great in PPR, which is why he is the 15th ranked WR despite having not scored yet. The Seattle match-up is tough, but he is an every week starter regardless.

Why do you assume he'll be the 4th option? He is tied with Demaryius Thomas for most targets on the Broncos through two weeks (18), and with all of the talk about how smaller, quicker receivers are better suited to have some success against the Seattle defense, I think Sanders will see plenty of targets this Sunday.

Where are we on starting him this week? He'll be, what, the 4th option? Against Seattle, no less.
4th option? He will most likely be in on all two wide sets and welker will be in on 3 wide. Starting with confidence this week.
DT, JT, Welker, Sanders. I felt like ES's value was in the slot. Him lining up on the outside increases his chances of getting erased by Sherman. Right?

Wrong. I suspect the Broncos will be moving their WRs around the whole game, so no one guy will get the Decker treatment (being stuck on Sherman the whole game, like he was in the SB).

Not worried about Welker coming back but considering the matchup I might sit Sanders for Jeremy Hill (who has a great matchup)

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders caught 11 passes for 149 yards in Sunday's Week 3 loss at Seattle.

Wes Welker returned from suspension, but Sanders still racked up 15 targets as the featured player in this offense. He repeatedly got open against the vaunted Legion of Boom, separating in man coverage and finding holes in zones. Sanders' target count is bound to take a hit as Demaryius Thomas picks it up and Welker gets more involved, but the ex-Steeler is here to stay as a WR2. He's earned the trust of Peyton Manning.

Sep 21 - 8:10 PM

Why do you assume he'll be the 4th option? He is tied with Demaryius Thomas for most targets on the Broncos through two weeks (18), and with all of the talk about how smaller, quicker receivers are better suited to have some success against the Seattle defense, I think Sanders will see plenty of targets this Sunday.
:popcorn:

pretty nice having this guy on some teams. wish he could find the end zone, but he gets open at will and manning loves him.

He'll start finding the end zone soon. 7 of Peyton's 8 touchdowns thus far has gone to a tight end, and that won't continue. The WRs will start getting theirs.

I'm tempted to sell Sanders high now, as the disparity between he and Demaryius won't continue - depending on what I can get of course. Has Sanders reached 2nd/3rd round value?

I'm tempted to sell Sanders high now, as the disparity between he and Demaryius won't continue - depending on what I can get of course. Has Sanders reached 2nd/3rd round value?
Forget that. Big offense. Manning loves him. Enough for me
There are enough balls to go around for Thomas and Sanders.

Also, Thomas has a bit of a foot injury and to be honest is not playing well. He is dropping balls and not making plays he should be making. Thomas has caught 25 of the 33 balls thrown his way for 141 yards while Sanders has caught 25 of the 33 balls thrown his way for 334 yards. Sanders is playing extremely well.

I had been using Sanders as trade bait but am beginning to take pause. Got Dez, Jordy and Cordarrelle as my WRs and issues at QB and RB.

Tried to get Matt Ryan for him from an owner that also has Kaepernick and I failed.

Agreed a deal for Newton but will most likely pull out now.

This week has caused his value to increase nicely. A game in the next 2-3 games where he grabs a couple of TDs would surely see his value absolutely explode.

Why sell now, as he will continue to be solid imo in terms of receptions and yardage and the law of averages/history with Decker last year kind of dictates that he will most likely have an even bigger score in the not too distant future that will make him even more valuable ?

I had been using Sanders as trade bait but am beginning to take pause. Got Dez, Jordy and Cordarrelle as my WRs and issues at QB and RB.

Tried to get Matt Ryan for him from an owner that also has Kaepernick and I failed.

Agreed a deal for Newton but will most likely pull out now.

This week has caused his value to increase nicely. A game in the next 2-3 games where he grabs a couple of TDs would surely see his value absolutely explode.

Why sell now, as he will continue to be solid imo in terms of receptions and yardage and the law of averages/history with Decker last year kind if dictates that he will most likely have an even bigger score in the not too distant future ?
You agreed to a trade but are now going to pull out of it and back out?

Well after the game vs SEA Emmanual has proven himself to pretty much be unbenchable. I might even put him in my lineup this week over Davante Adams.

There's not a lot of respect for Sanders in my leagues. Everyone tells me he's a sell high now that Welker is back.

I disagree.

There's not a lot of respect for Sanders in my leagues. Everyone tells me he's a sell high now that Welker is back.

I disagree.
Right, I think we need to see another game or 2 in order to determine the target distribution. I'm not sure what you would do if you own both (like me).

if i didnt own him damn near everywhere, i would be targetting him in trades. hes gonna start scoring tds and have a massive year. nearly top 10 rest of season.

julio

jordy

brown

dez

green

demaryius

jeffery

calvin

marshall

kelvin

sanders

I see this week as a down week. Manning will be looking to get Thomas back on track after the bye week and Arizona is a great D. I actually see Denver slightly struggling as an offense this week. 230 yards passing for Manning with Sanders getting 60. If he does not score a td this week it will be a sub par week.

Hanging onto Sanders. I think he's a better fit (and harder to defense) than Decker was. He's impossible to press at the line (unlike Decker). I think that's a huge reason why Seattle really struggled to defend him at all.

PPR: Perhaps he slows some, but I expect him to finish in Top 15 at worst. He's an every snap player. Not going to change whether Welker's playing or not.

I see this week as a down week. Manning will be looking to get Thomas back on track after the bye week and Arizona is a great D. I actually see Denver slightly struggling as an offense this week. 230 yards passing for Manning with Sanders getting 60. If he does not score a td this week it will be a sub par week.
Wrong!

I don't want to, but I agree with this.

really?

Manning put up 303 against a better defense a couple of weeks ago. On the road, where they couldn't audible. Sanders had 11 for 149.

really?

Manning put up 303 against a better defense a couple of weeks ago. On the road, where they couldn't audible. Sanders had 11 for 149.
Call it a gut feeling. I love me some Sanders and targeted him in my drafts and own him in dynasty, but even the great ones have off weeks. Manning is capable of feeding multiple mouths as we have seen throughout his career, but I think there will be some force feeding to Bay Bay this week. Now this may change if Peterson is locked onto Thomas which could be the case and therefore we could see another big game from Sanders.

Either way Sanders is a plug and play all season barring injury and I will have him in my line up.

I offered Vereen and McKinnon this week to the Sanders owner (PPR league), who is in rebuild and looking to sell. I figured with including McKinnon after last week's breakout he'd jump at this (especially since he's weak at RB), but it was a flat reject. So now I'm not sure what his value is....

Just traded Gronk to get him in PPR redraft. Part of the move was to divest from Gronk, who was on 3 of 4 teams, but I feel okay about it in a vacuum. I definitely didn't feel amazing about it, and I know there will be some market correction with Demaryius, but I still feel good about Sanders finishing top 12-15. Decker was #9 last year while Demaryius was #1, and Sanders doing what he's doing with no TD's makes me think at the very least, he will be a consistent, high-floor flex with good weekly upside.

Users who are viewing this thread