What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (1 Viewer)

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy said via Twitter that he plans on playing in the Crimson Tide's New Year's Day matchup with Michigan in the Citrus Bowl.

With the Crimson Tide not in the College Football Playoff for the first time since its inception, some of the team's top players are faced with a dilemma that they haven't had to deal with in the past. Jeudy (6'1/192), who's projected by many analysts to go high in the first round of this coming spring's draft, has decided that he will be playing in the Citrus Bowl. The junior wide receiver won the Biletnikoff Award in 2018, and this season he's caught 71 passes for 959 yards and nine touchdowns. The decision to play gives Jeudy the chance to surpass 1,000 receiving yards for the second consecutive season. After the Citrus Bowl he'll have a decision to make regarding the NFL Draft.

SOURCE: Jerry Jeudy on Twitter

Dec 13, 2019, 10:46 PM ET

I recall people having reservations drafting Marquise Brown because of major concerns that he wouldn't hold up due to being so small, and that he would "snap in half." Browns BMI was 25.1 at the combine.

Based on information I have, Jeudy's BMI is 25.3... 🤔 I'm curious if those same people who had concerns about Marquise Brown's size will completely blow off Jeudy's size. IMO, tall, skinny, average speed is worse than short, skinny, and lightning fast speed... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall people having reservations drafting Marquise Brown because of major concerns that he wouldn't hold up due to being so small, and that he would "snap in half." Browns BMI was 25.1 at the combine.

Based on information I have, Jeudy's BMI is 25.3... 🤔 I'm curious if those same people who had concerns about Marquise Brown's size will completely blow off Jeudy's size. IMO, tall, skinny, average speed is worse than short, skinny, and lightning fast speed... 
Jeudy is going to run in the high 4.3s or low 4.4s.  I don't think he will run an average 40 time, maybe if you factor in his low BMI in terms of speed score. 

Jeudy is going to run in the high 4.3s or low 4.4s.  I don't think he will run an average 40 time, maybe if you factor in his low BMI in terms of speed score. 
If he runs a 4.3 he should move up a lot. 

I was going off a previously recorded 4.47, which 4.50 is about average imo. But I see last year he ran a 4.40

If he runs a 4.3 he should move up a lot. 

I was going off a previously recorded 4.47, which 4.50 is about average imo. But I see last year he ran a 4.40
Yeah, I think he is faster than most think.  Maybe Ruggs on the outside makes him look slower than he is.   He just pops off the screen to me - so does Lamb - but in a different way.  Lamb is more of a high pointer and Jeudy is more of a separator but they are both really good YAC guys with well rounded skill sets.  Can't go wrong. 

Yeah, I think he is faster than most think.  Maybe Ruggs on the outside makes him look slower than he is.   He just pops off the screen to me - so does Lamb - but in a different way.  Lamb is more of a high pointer and Jeudy is more of a separator but they are both really good YAC guys with well rounded skill sets.  Can't go wrong. 
Both are very good prospects, I'm not saying I dislike them, just saying that they do have their warts and arent as complete as people would want to think, or were hyping a year ago. This class is good, but everyone has a risk associated. 

Its nice to see the hype turn a little more realistic, but still a lot to be excited about 

Both are very good prospects, I'm not saying I dislike them, just saying that they do have their warts and arent as complete as people would want to think, or were hyping a year ago. This class is good, but everyone has a risk associated. 

Its nice to see the hype turn a little more realistic, but still a lot to be excited about 
Agreed.  There aren't any Julios or Megatrons or Saquon, but there might be some Chubbs, McCaffreys, Steven Jacksons, MJDs, Marvin Harrison, Djaxs, what we thought Watkins would be, etc. 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG

Mmmkay...

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy caught six passes for 204 yards and a touchdown in Wednesday's 35-16 win over Michigan in the VRBO Citrus Bowl.

Jeudy (6'1/192) could have sat this one out as so many other draft-eligible players do in their respective bowl games, but the junior wideout (who has not technically declared yet) opted to play on New Year's Day. And played beautifully from the word "go," hauling in an 85-yard touchdown pass with just a minute gone in the first quarter to get his afternoon started. He would finish things out having logged a career-best 204 receiving yards. The star wideout ends his 2019 campaign having caught 77 passes for 1,163 yards and 10 touchdowns across 13 games played. If Jeudy does declare as expected, he has the upside to land as a top-10 selection in the spring.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:23 PM ET

Is there a team picking in the top 10 that also has a very accurate quarterback, and would realistically be looking at a wr? 
Lions if they trade down from 3. Oakland, NYJ or Indy 11-13 are good spots. Maybe AZ if Fitz retired. 

Lions if they trade down from 3. Oakland, NYJ or Indy 11-13 are good spots. Maybe AZ if Fitz retired. 
Is Stafford a "very accurate qb?" Jets I'm not sure Darnold is considered a very accurate qb, but they would be in the wr market. Indy- do they have a qb next year? 

AZ... Murray is very accurate but they just spent 4 draft picks on wrs the last 2 seasons

He specifically said a "very accurate qb" could make the most of him. He seems to likely be set to go top 10. I'm not sure there is a "very accurate qb" in the top 10 and in the wr market... 

I see him going to the Jets. Darnold doesnt seem like a qb who would get the most out of him. I'd still like that destination but I wouldnt be vaulting him past any of the top 4 rbs as a result of it 

Yeah that’s fair. I think I tend to agree but talent > situation needs to be kept in mind as per AJ Brown. 

Yeah that’s fair. I think I tend to agree but talent > situation needs to be kept in mind as per AJ Brown. 
I wouldnt drop him very far, if at all, based on his destination. AJB is a great lesson in not doing so. I'd say Marquise Brown is a possible second example. 

People keep taking about AJ Brown falling in rookie drafts because he landed in Tennessee.  Let’s not forget that he also fell to the bottom half of the 2nd round of the NFL draft.  There was a legitimate combo of factors as to why he landed where he did in rookie drafts.  I don’t see the same scenario playing out with Jeudy.

People keep taking about AJ Brown falling in rookie drafts because he landed in Tennessee.  Let’s not forget that he also fell to the bottom half of the 2nd round of the NFL draft.  There was a legitimate combo of factors as to why he landed where he did in rookie drafts.  I don’t see the same scenario playing out with Jeudy.
Yeah, for sure that’s a factor, but it’s also why we try to evaluate the talent before the drafts. 

Marquise Brown perhaps makes a better example.

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Fresh off a jaw-dropping 204-yard performance against Michigan, Jeudy (6'1/192) confirmed what was long assumed and announced his draft declaration. A fitting successor to former elite Alabama wide receivers Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, he finished his 2019 campaign with 77 receptions, 1,163 yards and ten touchdowns. Jeudy is considered to be a complete route runner with impressive ball skills that stand out even in the loaded 2020 wide receiver class. He has the talent to contribute right out of the gates, as Pro Football Network has Jeudy being selected ninth overall by the offense-starved Jacksonville Jaguars.

SOURCE: Jerry Jeudy on Twitter

Jan 4, 2020, 5:46 PM ET

I never would have guessed Jeudy's dominator rating was going to be so low... 

Depending which formula used, he could be a projected miss... 
It’s not surprising Doc, he has two other NFL caliber WRs catching passes with him both who could go round one or round two in their draft classes.

Tex

dominator rating is the percent of team receiving production. Below 25% is a red flag
Is that over his college career or just 2019?
In 2019 he had 26.1% of the recyds and 20.4% of the rectds, so 23.3% on average.

In 2018 he had 27.1% of the recyds and 26.9% of the rectds, so 27.0% on average.

If you average those together you get 25.1%, so they must be counting his 2018-19 average as his dominator rating.

But also:

* having elite teammates at WR hurts your market share
* the more a team passes the ball, the more they tend to spread it around (which hurts the market share of their top receiver)
* other stats like yards per target are also predictive of NFL success

When I look at similarity scores for Jeudy's 2018 production, the top 20 most similar WR seasons are:

2019    DeVonta Smith    Alabama
2017    Tre'Quan Smith    UCF
2018    CeeDee Lamb    Oklahoma
2019    Tee Higgins    Clemson
2013    Antwan Goodley    Baylor
2018    Marquise Brown    Oklahoma
2013    Josh Huff    Oregon
2013    Sammy Watkins    Clemson
2015    Darren Carrington    Oregon (pro-rated from 7 games)
2013    Tevin Reese    Baylor
2012    Tavarres King    Georgia
2019    Rashod Bateman    Minnesota
2018    D.K. Metcalf    Miss (pro-rated from 7 games)
2012    Amari Cooper    Alabama
2017    Keke Coutee    Texas Tech
2016    Josh Malone    Tennessee
2016    Cody Thompson    Toledo
2019    Devin Duvernay    Texas
2017    A.J. Brown    Miss
2011    Stedman Bailey    WVU

Not bad.

I am not worrying about that until they officialy weigh in. That said, I have some concerns that Juedy needs an accurate on time thrower to hit his potential in the NFL.

I never would have guessed Jeudy's dominator rating was going to be so low... 

Depending which formula used, he could be a projected miss... 
With Alabama you have to throw metrics like that out. They are so stacked with talent at WR, TE and RB it’s much harder for one player to dominate touches. If they favored one player at the expense of all others it would be tougher for them to add so much talent during recruitment periods.

With Alabama you have to throw metrics like that out. They are so stacked with talent at WR, TE and RB it’s much harder for one player to dominate touches. If they favored one player at the expense of all others it would be tougher for them to add so much talent during recruitment periods.
I'm not a believer in these types of metrics and would venture to guess that even those who do don't draft by it in their dynasty rookie drafts.  I believe in basic (hands, speed, route running, ability to separate at the LOS, winning contested balls, YPC,  etc) metrics of their ability,  what I see in games,  character, and do a lot of reading on a player, and not get caught up in some of these systems.  While I have a lot of respect for ZWK and what he puts into his metrics, I don't use them personally.

those metrics have a 90% accuracy at predicting misses since 2010...
Any system that prioritizes small sample sizes when determining ranking over someone else, isn't a system I would use.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't his system do that?  Also, do you really believe he would choose one those lessor known WRs over guys like Jeudy or Lamb?

I'm talking about the "miss detector" I compiled a little less than a year ago. FWIW Jeudy isnt a projected miss, depending which threshold you use, however detecting misses is identical at slightly more than 90% whether its 25% or 30% dominator rating. But it is a very useful tool for skimming likely misses off the top. 

I am far more concerned about weight and where he is drafted. He is very destination dependant for me.
You could say that about most prospects.

I agree in this case. I look at his breakout age and it's 82%. As a true sophomore, he has 68/1315/14 in the SEC. That speaks for itself. 

You were one of the posters in the Hillywood thread who had expressed concerns about his height and weight. Do you have any concerns about Jeudy's weight? Hes basically a larger Brown. 
We have to see him weigh in first but I don’t think he’s going to weigh anywhere closer to 170 pounds like Brown. I get the idea of BMI but pure mass also is significant.

We have to see him weigh in first but I don’t think he’s going to weigh anywhere closer to 170 pounds like Brown. I get the idea of BMI but pure mass also is significant.
At 6'1" 192 I wouldn't be worrying about Jeudy's size.  Hell, he could add 10 lbs on that frame if he wanted to without any loss of football physical ability. 

Rivals ranked Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy first on their list of top-five WR prospects for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Jeudy (6'1/192) and CeeDee Lamb are the most common No.1 ranked WR in this class, and Rivals have opted to favor the former. Rivals' Mike Farrell points to Jeudy's speed and phenomenal route running as to why he is the top WR available in this draft. Assuming Jeudy crushes the Combine like many expect him to, he may very well end up a top-10 pick.

SOURCE: Rivals

Feb 16, 2020, 4:27 PM ET

Saw a Nelson Agholor comparison on Twitter and thought "hey that isn't half bad" 

Problem is I loved Agholor coming out.  

Users who are viewing this thread