What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (2 Viewers)

I get it... TBF, he had 1000+ yds from scrimmage last season, while missing 2 games.

His rookie season was good as well. I'd personally say 2 good seasons, 2 major MEHs... But again, he finds new pastures, I'm 100% buying (but i already have acquired him)

I get it... TBF, he had 1000+ yds from scrimmage last season, while missing 2 games.

His rookie season was good as well. I'd personally say 2 good seasons, 2 major MEHs... But again, he finds new pastures, I'm 100% buying (but i already have acquired him)
What's the most you would give (pick wise in dynasty) for Jeudy if you're buying?

Hard to argue, I know. But the glimpses he's shown give me faith. His college tape is sublime. And it just seems he never settled into, and grew into not wanting to be in Denver.

Why they kept him past the deadline, I'll never know... But I'm looking forward to seeing him in new colors.
Agree and I've yet to hear anyone be able to say what in his game regressed so much from last season when he was highly productive for most of the second half of the year.

I think it was in this thread but when people got excited about what Sean Payton could do for him I was saying I did not think it was a good fit, he's not the kind of WR that has had success in Payton led offenses. It sounds like excuses, because it is, I just think it's valid excuses that his nagging injuries, new system and being a young player dealing with constant trade rumors that go back to the 2022 off-season have been issues that I think have had a big impact on his performance.

Hard not to think considerably less of him then I once did, but I think better times are ahead for him.

What's the most you would give (pick wise in dynasty) for Jeudy if you're buying?

Right now? A 2nd rounder. He's gonna be moved, so you have to think you're gonna cash in on that 2nd round pick

Right now? A 2nd rounder. He's gonna be moved, so you have to think you're gonna cash in on that 2nd round pick
That’s the problem. You won’t get a 2nd rd rookie pick and you probably won’t take a 3rd. I’m tempted to take an early 3rd, or a late 2nd if I can get it, but probably can’t get it.

I think Denver is taking so much heat from the sport talking heads and on social media, that they are going to do all they can to take deeps shots to make their "decision" look right. I can see them trying to force the ball to Jeudy, especially with Sutton out. If Denver loses this game to a team in bigger disarray then them, heads are going to roll and no one should be safe.

Jeudy, the fourth-year wide receiver, has a locker situated directly across from Stidham and said they have a strong relationship.

“Jarrett’s my dog, man,” he said. “We always be jumping around, clowning with each other and stuff like that. He’s a great quarterback, great competitor and a very smart dude. I’m very excited to see what he does this weekend.”

“He’s a great passer. He throws a pretty ball,” Jeudy told reporters on Wednesday. “Great at anticipating routes.** You know, he do it all as a quarterback—what you need from a quarterback, he does it all.”

** Definitely a point of differentiation vs. Russ

This seems like a pretty big dig at Wilson.

That’s the problem. You won’t get a 2nd rd rookie pick and you probably won’t take a 3rd. I’m tempted to take an early 3rd, or a late 2nd if I can get it, but probably can’t get it.

I would absolutely toss a 2nd round pick for him. easily. if you really wanna sell, put him out there and see what u get

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Sources: The #Broncos are in the process of trading star WR Jerry Jeudy to the #Browns, as Denver tries to stockpile draft picks & Cleveland adds a weapon.

Jeudy’s agent
@ChrisCabott
of
@EquitySports
worked behind the scenes to make this happen, landing Jeudy in a great place.

Good deal for the Browns, reminds me of the Cooper trade where the contract makes him so cheap.

As for Juedy's fantasy value I'd consider this meh, not good or bad. Felt to me like Watson was looking a little better last year before the injuries and before this trade but the weather and target comp are not great even if Watson turns it around. Best thing Juedy can likely do is play well and improve his prospect for 2025.

Winner-Watson and the Browns

No losers to me.

Good deal for the Browns, reminds me of the Cooper trade where the contract makes him so cheap.

As for Juedy's fantasy value I'd consider this meh, not good or bad. Felt to me like Watson was looking a little better last year before the injuries and before this trade but the weather and target comp are not great even if Watson turns it around. Best thing Juedy can likely do is play well and improve his prospect for 2025.

No losers to me.
Tim Patrick just got re-signed for a pittance so we have to assume he is fully healthy again. He and Jeudy would have been redundant and this frees up an additional $13m cap space for Denver on top of the draft pick. Win-win IMO.

No losers to me.
Tim Patrick just got re-signed for a pittance so we have to assume he is fully healthy again. He and Jeudy would have been redundant and this frees up an additional $13m cap space for Denver on top of the draft pick. Win-win IMO.
Denver may be looking to draft a wr from this deep class. Patrick is meh. Wishing I hadn’t traded Mims for peanuts now.

No losers to me.
Denver may be looking to draft a wr from this deep class. Patrick is meh. Wishing I hadn’t traded Mims for peanuts now.
I did not list any winners for Denver because I have just assumed Jeudy was gone based on reports I've been reading, mainly by Allbright who has been saying for weeks now he was as good as gone.

But if I was going to place winners for Denver I'd put Mims atop that list, his role is the one that will increase.

Patrick I am not assuming is totally healthy, just made sense to bring him back for near the league minimum.

If Patrick had been healthy last year I think he would have been one of the biggest steals in redrafts. Yes I said that. If he is actually healthy now, and again I'm dubious, I will maintain that position. Denver had huge plans for him, not sure he's up to it from a health angle, but if he is I expect that plan to continue.

Evidently DEN receives CLE 2024 5th and 6th.

Wow that is pretty much free. The Broncos couldn’t find a better offer?
I don't know what his contract is like, but of course the contract matters a lot in any trade. You're not trading assets for the player. You're trading assets for a contract, which can even have negative value.
$12M guaranteed.

Like I said earlier this is like the Cooper trade. Money making both of them close to free.

I don't know what his contract is like, but of course the contract matters a lot in any trade. You're not trading assets for the player. You're trading assets for a contract, which can even have negative value.
$12M guaranteed.

Like I said earlier this is like the Cooper trade. Money making both of them close to free.
I get he is expensive but no body would give even a 4th? Sometimes I feel like these NFL teams take the first offer.

For Jeudy's fantasy value, this feels lateral-to-small-upgrade. Would like to have Mims, now, though!
Kinda depends on what Denver does at QB, but I think its more likely a downgrade, as target competition is tougher in Cleveland. I also think Wilson is better than what Cleveland has at QB, for as much crap as the Wilson trade has gotten, its still been a better move than Watson was, because at least they could get out of it.

I think this is probably getting close to dynasty waivers for Elijah Moore. Right now the pecking order is likely:
1. Cooper
2. Njoku
3. Jeudy
4. Tillman
5. Moore

Not that its all Denver should/will do, but I think Michael Thomas to Denver is a pretty easy/cheap dot to connect.

For Jeudy's fantasy value, this feels lateral-to-small-upgrade. Would like to have Mims, now, though!
Kinda depends on what Denver does at QB, but I think its more likely a downgrade, as target competition is tougher in Cleveland. I also think Wilson is better than what Cleveland has at QB, for as much crap as the Wilson trade has gotten, its still been a better move than Watson was, because at least they could get out of it.

I think this is probably getting close to dynasty waivers for Elijah Moore. Right now the pecking order is likely:
1. Cooper
2. Njoku
3. Jeudy
4. Tillman
5. Moore

Not that its all Denver should/will do, but I think Michael Thomas to Denver is a pretty easy/cheap dot to connect.
I thought the Elijah Moore ship already left Southhampton.

Teams know the Broncos are over a barrel and need the cap relief. Plus Jeudy is only a one year rental and a bonehead. Text book case of million dollar talent and ten cent head. He was still making rookie type mental errors like not getting both feet inbounds or getting ripped by multiple commentators for lack of concentration and hustle, drops, you name it, on a regular basis in his fourth season.

Maybe a change of scenery and the Cleveland coaches can finally unlock his talent but I wouldn’t bet on it. As for fantasy, Watson has yet to pass for 300 yards in a game after 12 games with the Browns and under 200 multiple times. For some reason he just has not looked like the same guy at all as he was for the Texans. And now Jeudy has to compete with Cooper and Njoku for targets. :sad trombone:

Users who are viewing this thread