What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (2 Viewers)

Getting hyped about a 5th year breakout isn't the way to play this game.
Feels like Jeudy is nearing the end of his disappointing career.

He's averaged 54yds/game as what most would consider a serious disappointment.

The NFL has plenty of need for those types of receivers, as is. The thing is, he's much better than that type of receiver, and hope he finally shows it.

Winner-Watson and the Browns

No losers to me.
I would think losers would include Elijah Moore & David Njoku as Jeudy takes targets from both.
Good call.

Njoku was really critical last year to the Browns success but he's done way better without Watson, who has never been one to use his TE much. I was already concerned his success without Watson would carry over, this leaves me less optimistic.

Moore I'm not so sure about but only say that in the context of he can't fall much farther. Fantasy he's a dud, not worth having on a 20 man roster, had not been getting drafted in leagues I've been doing this off-=season that are 20 rounds but this kills off what has to be the last bit of hope. In real life he was sort of miscast, poor job of scouting by Cleveland which seemed to think they were buying a mini-version of Deebo, they tried hard to turn him into some weapon/YAC guy. As a #3, likely pure slot, it's actually a role I think he can at least help the Browns more then he did last year.

SleeperNFL
BREAKING: Broncos are trading WR Jerry Jeudy to the Browns for a 5th & 6th round pick, per @RapSheet

Kurt Benkert
That’s a steal for the Browns imo.

Can fit in the slot & @ Z, isn’t going to be WR1.

Monster run game, great defense. Amari Cooper will pull coverage away. Deshaun Watson has no choice but to be better than he was last year.

Jeudy’s fantasy value 📈

They’re going to restructure his 13M contract to bonus pay so it’s a worth risk taking if he can get his career back on track .. They’ll still have his salary money for cap space in free agency this year
And now they will have Jeudy on their cap one way or another. If he plays well, and leaves in free agency, they are probably gonna have 8-9 mill in dead cap.

Sending a late pick for Jeudy is great, but they immediately are going to add him to their cap next year, without extending him.

The Browns are a very smart organization.
They certainly have been in recent years (outside of Watson) which makes this move surprising. But maybe they see something that we don’t in Jeudy and can harness the talent.

Last edited:
Interesting extension.

I think he's had a mountain of excuses, some more valid then others, for why his production and performance have been a disappointment. Some sloppy play and health on his side have for sure been a part of it.

But he's been in incredibly unstable situations. I believe in 4 years he's had 3 full time head coaches and one interim HC. 3 full time OC's and one interim, at least 4 different play callers. Has seen a turnover at both HC and OC every season since his rookie year. He's been under constant trade speculation for 2 years now. That's some incredible instabilty for a young guy who is still just a few months older then Tank Dell.

On top of that the best QB's he caught passes from is a debate between Wilson or Drew Lock and I still contend despite all of that he had a full on breakout a few weeks into the 2022 season after he got used to a new HC/OC/QB, then regressed last year under a new staff. Look forward to him being ina stable situation were he feels wanted.

Ideal buy low, though maybe the finiancial commitement will make him treasured in the eyes of fantasy people

@JohnnyU I'd be glad no one in your league wanted him.

It's like signing Watson to a super huge dumb deal. Now everyone needs to sign their WRs for a billion dollars.
Shrewd move Browns, shrewd move

Impressive work by the agent, very questionable move by the Brown’s. Their strategy is to seemingly to drive up the market pricing at positions. The remaining wide receivers due for a contract have to be licking their chops. The fact that Jeudy got guaranteed money in the same ballpark as Michael Pittman’s extension is mind boggling to me.

Impressive work by the agent, very questionable move by the Brown’s. Their strategy is to seemingly to drive up the market pricing at positions. The remaining wide receivers due for a contract have to be licking their chops. The fact that Jeudy got guaranteed money in the same ballpark as Michael Pittman’s extension is mind boggling to me.

Plus, it is coming on the heels of acquiring him for "only" a 5th and a 6th round pick...very odd dynamic for sure as Jeudy had zero hand to get a contract like this...his Agent is definitely the front-runner for Agent-of-the-Year right now.

In a roster number crunch move because of excessive draft picks, I just traded Jeudy for a 2025 3rd round rookie pick and I actually feel good about it. I have other players I'd rather keep on my roster in this dynasty league. I'm trying to do the same thing with Gabe Davis.

Pg 25.

Gonna be a wonderful page to look back on
I'm not able to rise to your level of optimism that the deal makes sense for Cleveland , that's a lot, but I've liked some other WR contracts this off-season less and will reserve judgement on Jeudy's contract until see details but would guess it's something I'd not have done.

But I absolutely think it might work and feel a decent amount of confidence the final narrative on Jeudy has not been wrote yet.

Users who are viewing this thread