What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

jobarules said:
He hurt his ankle during the game but came back in. Then he punched someone in the helmet and got ejected. Hopefully it's nothing.
https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1447658592417505282?s=20

Giants rookie WR Kadarius Toney appeared to hurt his foot/ankle in the game and Joe Judge said he saw a doctor today. "I don't think it's anything significant, in terms of season-ending," Judge said. But it does sound like his status is in doubt for this week.
Not sure of the context of Judge's remarks. But if a coach is asked about a player's injury and he says, "It's not season-ending" that would imply there is at least some level of significance to it.

That guy had me scared for a moment. 
I said in my original post that I wanted to see the context, because it just sounded so weird to immediately go to "not season ending". It would be like if you apologized to your wife for leaving the toilet seat up and she was like, "Well, I don't necessarily see this as grounds for divorce."

Good lesson for all of us (myself definitely included) not to freak out over every snippet of news we hear on Twitter.

Wide receiver Kadarius Toney made the most of his game by breaking out against the Cowboys in just 37 snaps.   Giants had 68 snaps on offense.

link

He's a superstar and only thing that can stop him is probably him.
Not wishing it on him but his style of play is going to get him hurt.  Hopefully his shiftiness will help prevent him from taking too many hard shots, but he's not a big man and it is easy to see him being stood up by one defender and then slammed hard by another.

ffmail4me said:
Yeah even the announcers said he was pushed earlier, this was a retaliation of some sort...not saying that makes it right, but seems less concerning than if he just ran over and threw a punch out of the blue 
Toney's history suggests that he has a very short fuse.  Defenses will definitely be trying to get under his skin so they can rack up some 15 yarders or get an ejection.  He's got to learn to control that.

ffmail4me said:
Yeah even the announcers said he was pushed earlier, this was a retaliation of some sort...not saying that makes it right, but seems less concerning than if he just ran over and threw a punch out of the blue 
Toney's history suggests that he has a very short fuse.  Defenses will definitely be trying to get under his skin so they can rack up some 15 yarders or get an ejection.  He's got to learn to control that.

Toney's history suggests that he has a very short fuse.  Defenses will definitely be trying to get under his skin so they can rack up some 15 yarders or get an ejection.  He's got to learn to control that.T

Kadarius Toney leads the NFL with 141 yards after the catch over the past two weeks. 

The next closest receivers is Deebo Samuel with 106 yards after the catch. Soaking up 35 percent of the targets in the Giants' offense over this two games as a starter, Toney has made a strong case as New York's alpha receiver going forward. His yards after the catch have come on explosive runs in which he eliminated defenders' angles with his quickness and agility. Jason Garrett now has no choice but to shape his game plans around the rookie. Assuming he avoided a serious ankle injury last week, Toney is a locked-in starter in 12-team formats. 

Oct 12, 2021, 12:30 PM ET

Goolday has been a massive disapointment. I was down on Toney during dynasty rookie draft season because he seemed that he might cause some issues. The ability is there but so are the head problems. Its probably easier to control the latter rather than coach the former.

Snagged Toney for free off the FA list prior to this week. Obviously a win for me.

I'm in a NJ/NY league so we've got some giants fans. Looking to take advantage and flip toney for a running back. I belive in his talent but I just need a rb more. 

What trade offers has everyone made/seen? Just trying to see what I can maybe expect.  If people think he could do something like jefferson did last year,  I gotta think I could get someone decent.

This kid sucks. Nobody should spend more than a $1 on him. And don't cue him up in waivers, complete waste of time.

Daniel Jones' throwing arm was ripped off in a farming accident this morning.

Pass...hard pass...don't waste your time.

(ohhhh please let this work)

What trade offers has everyone made/seen? Just trying to see what I can maybe expect.  If people think he could do something like jefferson did last year,  I gotta think I could get someone decent.
If you can convince your league mates of the bold then you are a magician.

Gally said:
If you can convince your league mates of the bold then you are a magician.

Not suggesting he's that good. Just making the loose comparison based on each one's relatively slow start and then big breakout (i got jefferson for free around this time last year as well, although I think it was a week or 2 earlier)

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean... he was drafted around the same draft slot as Jefferson...and starting showing flashes in a few games before the major breakout game. Jefferson had 170 yards while Toney had 180-190 in the nuclear game...everyone perceived the veterans and target competition in front of Toney the same way they did for Jefferson.

Looks like this year's Jefferson to me (in terms of similar parallel to fantasy season) Chase doesn't count because his fantasy ADP was way higher and he was good right from the start (Jefferson 2.0) 

Scooby1974 said:
This kid sucks. Nobody should spend more than a $1 on him. And don't cue him up in waivers, complete waste of time.

Daniel Jones' throwing arm was ripped off in a farming accident this morning.

Pass...hard pass...don't waste your time.

(ohhhh please let this work)
I'd suggest posting this in your league forum rather than the FBG forum.  Unless you've already invited all your league mates over here.

Got him for $39. $300 budget. Had about $200. Took a swing as he could be a breakout player. Watched every catch from last week and he looks special. Ultra quick with RAC

I didn't like Toney coming out as a potential #1 WR, but he is a prime example why some people were saying trust the draft capital.

You start drafting 4th round RB over 1st round WR in rookie drafts, you better be lucky. 
Sermon and Michael carter for sure went over him. He was 2.9 in our 10 teamer lol. Reminded me of when I took Metcalf and aj brown in mid 2nd because "No one wanted them" and "situation"

to the sidelines limping, after a few catches on the opening drive.

edit: went to the locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread