What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (1 Viewer)

Just as a side not to get an idea into what other teams are thinking the Jets and Texans had interest in him, nothing was close with the Jets , was with the Texans though.

Also he is expected to sign an extension. ETA-this is just him saying he'd welcome an extension, not so much what is being offered to him.

Last edited:
I don't understand the move from the Bear's side, they aren't a 1-year rental at WR away from contending, they should be using their draft picks to build toward the future.
Who says its a 1 year rental?

Bears are a lot closer to contending than people think. Defense was top-5 down the stretch, if the QB play is better (and Allen helps that even if they somehow stuck with Fields) this could absolutely be a playoff team, especially in a weak NFC.

If Caleb is the real deal, they may definitely be closer than you think. See Texans and CJ Stroud.

Just as a side not to get an idea into what other teams are thinking the Jets and Texans had interest in him, nothing was close with the Jets , was with the Texans though.

Also he is expected to sign an extension. ETA-this is just him saying he'd welcome an extension, not so much what is being offered to him.
Would have liked to have seen him land with the Texans, could be more confident he gets fantasy #'s with Stroud. Texans could have cut Woods as their possession guy who is basically said to be a great mentor in the locker-room but is an obvious weak spot on the field after his torn ligaments.

Last edited:
I don't understand the move from the Bear's side, they aren't a 1-year rental at WR away from contending, they should be using their draft picks to build toward the future.

It doesn’t matter if they contend or not. If you draft a QB early, it’s malpractice not to do everything possible to surround him with the necessary talent that aids his development.

What does more to help acclimate Caleb to the NFL as a rookie…a 4th round pick or one of the best zone beating WRs in the league? And for the record, DJM is one of the very best man beaters, so they are being very intentional about the fit as well.

If he plays the first 6 games of Caleb’s career and nothing more, it’s a great move.
They still need offensive line help

It doesn’t matter if they contend or not. If you draft a QB early, it’s malpractice not to do everything possible to surround him with the necessary talent that aids his development.

What does more to help acclimate Caleb to the NFL as a rookie…a 4th round pick or one of the best zone beating WRs in the league? And for the record, DJM is one of the very best man beaters, so they are being very intentional about the fit as well.

If he plays the first 6 games of Caleb’s career and nothing more, it’s a great move.
Sure but trading a 4th for Keenan Allen doesn't really have much impact on their OL. There is still room the draft and FA to improve it.

Okay?

Sure but trading a 4th for Keenan Allen doesn't really have much impact on their OL. There is still room the draft and FA to improve it.
The skill guys can’t get the ball if the offensive line isn’t giving the QB time.

The skill guys can’t get the ball if the offensive line isn’t giving the QB time.
They definitely need to improve their line but thats independent of the Allen trade.

They definitely need to improve their line but thats independent of the Allen trade.
I don't really see the Bears OL as much of a problem, not sure I understand where this is coming from. I'm sure they'd like to improve, add some quality depth, but it's not something I think is viewed as a major weakness.

Users who are viewing this thread