What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (1 Viewer)

Great game. Dude has been playing so hard this year and that TD catch about summed up where he’s at IMO.

Concern going forward for me is how consistent can he be with occasionally spotty QB play and an increasingly dysfunctional coaching staff. 

Really need him to be a solid WR2 down the stretch so we’ll see

Sounds like when I said;

I think I know better than to listen to one game by now.  He looks great for sure, but he's only a dominant guy when Stafford is doing well and the matchup is good.  
Thursday is not a good matchup. In fact, it's about as bad as could be. 

Thursday is not a good matchup. In fact, it's about as bad as could be. 
Bears D is lockdown for 3 quarters. After that, they seem to be the ultimate garbage time stat producer for WRs. See Golladay himself two weeks ago and S. Diggs last night. Diggs had two weeks of production in the last half of a quarter.

Any Lions homers want to take a swing on chances Marvin Jones suits up on Turkey Day?

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably sits....as does kerryon
Impact on KG?  He's in my lineup right now.  I figure he will see the lions-share of targets, and that's not a bad thing.  Give the guy at least 10 targets, and I think he'll produce.  But I may be overly optimistic.

Impact on KG?  He's in my lineup right now.  I figure he will see the lions-share of targets, and that's not a bad thing.  Give the guy at least 10 targets, and I think he'll produce.  But I may be overly optimistic.
Yeah i dont see how u sit him

I have to make a choice 

Ingram vs ATL

Kenny vs CHI

Josh Gordon vs NYJ

Not sure where I’m leaning yet tbh

don't  the Lions usually look pretty decent on Turkey Day regardless of their record/opponent..injuries everywhere. KG is a stud not sure how you can sit him. 

I have to make a choice 

Ingram vs ATL

Kenny vs CHI

Josh Gordon vs NYJ

Not sure where I’m leaning yet tbh
I have all three in my lineup this week in one league. Fun!

But seriously, Gordon's got a low floor unless he sees twelve or so targets again. Then you can start with confidence. 

Kenny Golladay got thirteen and fourteen targets the past two weeks, respectively.

Ingram just dropped 22 standard with over a hundred yards and two touchdowns...

So I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you have a good situation on your hands.  

Nice outing for Kenny against a good D on a day when the Lions were really bad.

Marvin Jones to IR now.

I don't like Golladay's playoff matchups at all with @Ari, @Buf, and Min..but as the only viable option at WR I will continue to start him.

I don't like Golladay's playoff matchups at all with @Ari, @Buf, and Min..but as the only viable option at WR I will continue to start him.
Yes indeedy. Pretty stout pass D match ups, but his stat line as the primary WR being keyed in on by the D this past week is encouraging.

I am starting him ROS -- both for this reason, and for the lack of other options. My 4 WRs are Golladay, Cooper, Alshon, and Baldwin, and seems clear that Golladay and Cooper will give the most dependable volume and floor. 

I agree with STC and to go further, KG should be even better from a dynasty standpoint. Current dink and dunk OC will be gone next year, we might next year see a little more of the old sling it out Stafford and guess who fits the Megatron role the best on this team.

Jones on IR is huge.  10+ targets a game is how he stays productive with this nasty WR playoff schedule.

For the record getting happy about a real person getting injured is probably the only thing I hate about fantasy football, but it is what it is and Golladays a locked in WR2 with upside now for me.

Rhoads to IR w/ hammy definetly makes that week 16 matchup look a little better.

vikings are running out of corners
He's on IR?  Are you sure?  This is the latest info I could find on him:

Coach Mike Zimmer said Monday that Xavier Rhodes escaped Sunday night's win with a "very mild" hamstring injury.

Rhodes' injury looked serious on the field, but a Monday MRI apparently showed he escaped with a day-to-day ailment. Rhodes' status for Week 13 against the Patriots remains uncertain and probably won't become clear before Friday. Nov 26 - 5:08 PM

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Jones on IR is huge.  10+ targets a game is how he stays productive with this nasty WR playoff schedule.

For the record getting happy about a real person getting injured is probably the only thing I hate about fantasy football, but it is what it is and Golladays a locked in WR2 with upside now for me.
IMO it's not great news at all. The offense, Stafford and as by product Golladay is far more effective with Jones in the lineup. How hard is it going to be to stop the Lions the last 5 weeks (4 weeks for FF purposes)? Double and triple the only threat, let #9 try to beat you throwing to Bruce Ellington and Michael Roberts.

IMO it's not great news at all. The offense, Stafford and as by product Golladay is far more effective with Jones in the lineup. How hard is it going to be to stop the Lions the last 5 weeks (4 weeks for FF purposes)? Double and triple the only threat, let #9 try to beat you throwing to Bruce Ellington and Michael Roberts.
So I agree that Golladay may be more effective with Jones, given coverage thinning, and agree with the inverse notion that with Jones out, it makes Golladay easier to bracket/double (no secondary is truly fearful of Brandon Powell, Bruce Ellington, and the other Joneses, TJ and Andy). 

But all that said -- we've just seen a game without Jones, and against one of the best Ds in terms of generating pass rush and pressuring the QB, with a functional secondary who are able to play shut down against lesser QBs (but still get torched by the likes of Rodgers, Brady, etc.).

The situation you describe was absolutely in play against a top tier D, and Golladay led the team in targets, and caught 5/90.

With the upcoming schedule being what it is (LAR, ARI, BUF, MIN), all Ds can play stout against the pass, but don't seem too different to me than what CHI brings to the table. Those are also two match ups where Stafford and Co. are going to potentially need to pass a lot to keep up.

So -- given what we just saw this past weekend, why would you think Golladay wouldn't be able to find similar success against these teams as he did against the Bears?

So I agree that Golladay may be more effective with Jones, given coverage thinning, and agree with the inverse notion that with Jones out, it makes Golladay easier to bracket/double (no secondary is truly fearful of Brandon Powell, Bruce Ellington, and the other Joneses, TJ and Andy). 

But all that said -- we've just seen a game without Jones, and against one of the best Ds in terms of generating pass rush and pressuring the QB, with a functional secondary who are able to play shut down against lesser QBs (but still get torched by the likes of Rodgers, Brady, etc.).

The situation you describe was absolutely in play against a top tier D, and Golladay led the team in targets, and caught 5/90.

With the upcoming schedule being what it is (LAR, ARI, BUF, MIN), all Ds can play stout against the pass, but don't seem too different to me than what CHI brings to the table. Those are also two match ups where Stafford and Co. are going to potentially need to pass a lot to keep up.

So -- given what we just saw this past weekend, why would you think Golladay wouldn't be able to find similar success against these teams as he did against the Bears?
What we saw last week was Stafford attempting two passes which traveled more than 15 yards. If they continue to treat their rifle arm QB and his band of misfits like a Pop Warner team that can't possibly digest an NFL game plan, then no, I don't think they will have success.

What we saw last week was Stafford attempting two passes which traveled more than 15 yards. If they continue to treat their rifle arm QB and his band of misfits like a Pop Warner team that can't possibly digest an NFL game plan, then no, I don't think they will have success.
With respect, I think we're talking at cross purposes.

Stafford had a bad game in terms of the TD:INT ratio and slightly under yardage, but his efficiency was fairly decent other than the INTs (73.7) and seemed flustered by a swarming Bears D, who have given all but the most elite QBs fits.

But that didn't necessarily even reflect badly on Golladay who had an acceptable stat line (a TD would have been great but I'll take his 12+ points in my league's scoring any week) and some great target share.

If Golladay had a decent stat line in a game where Stafford and the rest of the team played poorly, I am not sure that means Golladay can't have a similar decent floor in similar games against stout Ds if the target share is there. 

He may become more TD dependent, but in PPR, despite the very true woes DET have that you ably call out, Golladay may be a little more match-up proof based on last week. 

Futz said:
He got the targets but also received the full attention of the defense at the same time. You could tell. Lots of very contested catches and I actually felt lucky to get what we got. To be fair, he also was about 6 inches from getting  a TD with a foot out of bounds due to a great pass defense.
Thanks for the color around this.  I didn't get to see any of the game or highlights. 

Thanks for the color around this.  I didn't get to see any of the game or highlights. 
Unfortunately, I think you will end up seeing more of the same going forward. Stafford is not playing well but is forcing the ball to him almost to a fault. Hell, I would be too with the hot garbage alternatives.

He's a WR1 in the making just don't expect that production right now. Treat him like a mid tier WR2 or a great WR3 for your lineup.

He just jumps off the screen literally and figuratively.

Kenny Golladay - WR -  Lions

Kenny Golladay (quad) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Golladay looked healthy while playing 70-of-72 offensive snaps in Sunday's loss to the Rams. The Lions are likely just limiting his exposure coming off another big workload in Week 13. Golladay gets a tough draw against Cardinals All-Pro Patrick Peterson this week.

Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter 

Dec 5 - 4:52 PM

I got Boyd or him. I'm gonna see how he does this week but Boyd outscored him last week. Boyd seems like a safer play.

90% going with Sutton over Golladay.

As long as I can find WR2 performance through the playoffs elsewhere I almost like Golladay putting up bad numbers ROS to lower his stock in redraft next year.

Next year he’s a good OC away from fulfilling his WR1 potential IMO.  Unless you watched the last half of the 4th quarter last week it’s hard to understand just how bad the coaching decisions have been in Detroit on the offensive side of the ball.

Patricia’s actually doing a respectable job rebuilding the Lions D over the past month.  So it’s not a totally poisonous situation in Detroit, a smart OC Patricia respects will make a big difference moving forward

I have him in 3 out of my 4 leagues.  Starting Diggs over him in one league, Mixon over him in another, but in the 3rd I'm trying to decide between Golladay, White and maybe Zay Jones.  My main issue with starting White over him is that I'm also starting Michel and don't want to put too many eggs in 1 NFL team's basket for a playoff game.  Leaning towards starting Golladay in that league.

I have him in 3 out of my 4 leagues.  Starting Diggs over him in one league, Mixon over him in another, but in the 3rd I'm trying to decide between Golladay, White and maybe Zay Jones.  My main issue with starting White over him is that I'm also starting Michel and don't want to put too many eggs in 1 NFL team's basket for a playoff game.  Leaning towards starting Golladay in that league.
I’d start Golladay over White if I needed a higher ceiling (i.e. touchdowns).  Arizona is better at limiting WR yards than they are at limiting WR TDs.

I’m starting White over Golladay at flex this week but Im a strong favorite in the matchup so I’m just looking for a solid 0.5 PPR floor and hopefully won’t need a high ceiling at flex to win.

At the start of the week I only had 4 WR on my team (start 2 + 1 FL spot) and thought I was set - AB, OBJ, K. Golladay, and E. Sanders.  I started either Sanders or Golladay at FL every week so looks like I'm going with Golladay this week.  I picked up Z. Jones to replace Sanders but not sure I want to start him over Golladay even though the matchup is likely better against the Jets that Golladay vs Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread