What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mecole Hardman, KC (1 Viewer)

Mecole Hardman reached 21.74 MPH on his 83-yard receiving TD, the fastest speed reached by a ball carrier on a scoring play this season.

Tex
Yeah that was insane from the throw to the run after catch. Quickest strike I can recall. 

Mecole Hardman caught 2-of-5 targets for 97 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 3 win over the Ravens.

Hardman got out-targeted 8-5 by Sammy Watkins but led the Chiefs in yards thanks to his uncovered 83-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Hardman ran a go route and the Ravens simply lost him. Hardman has a low floor but has hit his ceiling in each of Tyreek Hill's two absences. He will remain an intriguing WR3 for Week 4 against the Lions.

Sep 22, 2019, 6:18 PM ET

After watching this guy the past 2 weeks I am really impressed. Not just by the obvious things like his route running and speed. But also by some of the smaller things. Last week he recovered a fumble and the week before he stayed inbounds late after making a first down catch on the sidelines even though it meant he'd take a hit and the game was pretty much out of reach. It seems like he is a very smart player on top of being a talented one and those little things are going to make the coaches trust him quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to start him but I’d have to bench one of Mark Ingram, James Connor, Keenan Allen, Tyler Boyd. Just don’t have the guts to bench any of those guys though I think Hardman may  have a big game.

I'm starting Robinson and if I had Mecole would start him too. The pie in KC is so big that any of their top 3 WRs are pretty safe bets. As long as Tyreek is out both Robinson and Mecole are solid starters.  

I'm starting Robinson and if I had Mecole would start him too. The pie in KC is so big that any of their top 3 WRs are pretty safe bets. As long as Tyreek is out both Robinson and Mecole are solid starters.  
Don’t disagree but the passing pie is split at least 4 ways with Hill out.  Don’t forget about Kelce. 

I want to start him but I’d have to bench one of Mark Ingram, James Connor, Keenan Allen, Tyler Boyd. Just don’t have the guts to bench any of those guys though I think Hardman may  have a big game.
I see two easy bench plays there in favor of Hardman.

I see two easy bench plays there in favor of Hardman.
Connor and Boyd were my thoughts but I don’t know they’re “easy calls”. Hardman is significantly below all in so called “expert rankings” FWIW. They likely don’t have the ceilings but I think they have safer floors. I’m terrible with starting lineups though. I also have Golladay on my bench. But, not trying to turn thread into a WDIS, I’m still keeping him on my bench and have to live with it (or more likely die with it). It gives me something to self flagellate over, what would FF be without that? 😄

Im starting Mecole over Conner in one of my leagues.

dont trust conner yet, even in what “seems” to be a good spot.

Knew I would be chasing points. Not sure why I didn’t listen to my gut and start Darrell Williams in my flex instead. Cost me a W, barring a miracle Kupp or O.J. Howard TD in the closing minutes of Rams-Bucs.

Kevrunner said:
He fumbled on a kickoff return, not a good game for the rookie.
Glad you reported this. I got -2 from him and we don’t count special teams plays. CBS does this all the time.

Mecole Hardman caught 2-of-3 targets for 28 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Hardman's touchdown was a 21-yard strike on a 3rd-and-2 late in the first quarter. Hardman could have notched another 21-yarder minutes later, but Patrick Mahomes' throw was off the mark. The real story was Mahomes' departure with a knee injury late in the second quarter. Even were Sammy Watkins (hamstring) to remain sidelined, Hardman would be off the WR3 radar if Matt Moore started against the Packers.

You sure that was him?  I thought I remembered #84 or #85 or something.
Hardman fumbled a kickoff return in the Detroit Lions game, that was week 4.  You do realize you are quoting my post from Sept. 29th?

Mecole Hardman caught two passes for 55 yards and a touchdown in Week 8 against the Packers.

Hardman showcased his speed on a 30-yard touchdown in the second quarter. He split time with Demarcus Robinson in three-wide sets, with both finishing with two targets. Hardman has touchdowns in consecutive weeks and should remain involved even with Sammy Watkins back, but his going-forward targets are going to be hard to predict.

Oct 28, 2019, 12:08 AM ET

Just not sure what to do with this guy.  Seems to score every week with no targets.  Just imagine if he was a full timer.  I've got him and Watkins, don't want to play or drop either.  Ungh.

He’s gonna be really good next year after a full offseason and Watkins is cut.
Sammy was signed for three years.

I see no reason why the Chiefs don't solidify their starting corps of Hill, Watkins, and Hardman. All 3 have really excelled this year. Along with Kelce, and with a healthy Mahomes, it remains the most deadly passing attack in today's NFL (and may even develop to be an all time great).

It's Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson who are more expendable, IMO. I guess there is a case that Pringle might be kept as he's young and developing.

Sammy was signed for three years.

I see no reason why the Chiefs don't solidify their starting corps of Hill, Watkins, and Hardman. All 3 have really excelled this year. Along with Kelce, and with a healthy Mahomes, it remains the most deadly passing attack in today's NFL (and may even develop to be an all time great).

It's Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson who are more expendable, IMO. I guess there is a case that Pringle might be kept as he's young and developing.
Can’t stay healthy. They save 14 million off the cap by cutting him after this season. He’s as good as gone imo.

They save 14 million off the cap by cutting him after this season. He’s as good as gone imo.
Fair point. Chiefs move from Top 10 in salary cap space this year to bottom 10 next, and Watkins' salary is a big contributor.

That said, Chiefs are in win-now mode, and arguably are better with Sammy than without him -- they may look for other options to free up space (Colquitt who they would need to resign for ~ $2M, Damien Williams, Daniel Sorensen, and Austin Reiter) that frees up about $10.5M in cap space without affecting the "win-now" approach.

We'll see.

Mecole Hardman caught 2-of-4 targets for 13 yards in the Chiefs' Week 11 win over the Chargers.

The rookie has two-or-fewer catches in each of the last five games and is well off the fantasy map as a starter. His only value is being in an offense led by Patrick Mahomes. Tyreek Hill suffered a hamstring injury in the first quarter of this one but has the Week 12 bye to get right for Week 13 against the Raiders.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:22 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread