What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Pittman, IND (2 Viewers)

Dropped in my dynasty league this morning and I scooped him up. Anything going on here?. Wondering if it was a mistake.

JohnnyU said:
Guys / Girls like that should only play redraft.  No one in their right mind would drop Pittman in a dynasty league before his first season starts, especially one with a 10 man taxi squad.  
yeah, Pittman is a late 1st, early 2nd rookie draft pick. Who is giving up on him already. Sounds like a noob mistake.

Sounds like a mis-click, anyone on his roster in the N-P last name range that made sense for them to drop?

Pittman was dropped in my 12 team dynasty this week. Is it crazy to unload most of my FAAB budget to pick him up? 
Yes it would be crazy to use all or next to all of your resources to pick up Pittman.

I do think you should pick him up but I would make a modest bid for him. No more than 5% its not like Pittman is going to start going off any time soon. The Colts have 3 experienced WR all playing more than him right now. Pittman owners should just be happy he is on the field. Maybe by mid season Pittman earns more playing time and starts doing stuff.

Then again the Vikings defense couldn't stop anyone last week so a plus match up for any Colt to thrive.

Pittman was dropped in my 12 team dynasty this week. Is it crazy to unload most of my FAAB budget to pick him up? 
Not crazy, though it depends on how deep the rosters are in your league. In any of my dynasty leagues I'd be happy to get Pittman in exchange for my entire waiver budget. But in my keep-10 league with only 7 bench spots, I would not give that much for him.

Yes it would be crazy to use all or next to all of your resources to pick up Pittman.

I do think you should pick him up but I would make a modest bid for him. No more than 5% its not like Pittman is going to start going off any time soon. The Colts have 3 experienced WR all playing more than him right now. Pittman owners should just be happy he is on the field. Maybe by mid season Pittman earns more playing time and starts doing stuff.

Then again the Vikings defense couldn't stop anyone last week so a plus match up for any Colt to thrive.
Umm 5% isn't coming remotely close assuming dynasty. 5% gets you Quintez Cephus or Lamichal Perine. He was like an early 2nd or even late 1st (behind 5 RBs, Jeudy/Lamb and Reagor/Jefferson/Ruggs, he had a solid case for 1.11 or 1.12) in rookie drafts and has no business being on waivers

I would bid on him but I wouldn’t sell the family farm. Half your budget +$1 should do it? 
Yeah this seems about right

Not crazy, though it depends on how deep the rosters are in your league. In any of my dynasty leagues I'd be happy to get Pittman in exchange for my entire waiver budget. But in my keep-10 league with only 7 bench spots, I would not give that much for him.
We have 12 bench spots plus 5 taxi. 

Maybe I am selling Pittman short. It really depends on the league and what other players you have as far as how much of a priority you should make adding Pittman to your roster.

Since he was dropped, I was assuming very short benches like FFPC where you should be playing things more like redraft. He really shouldn't be dropped in other deeper leagues.

I guess I would go as high as 20% on Pittman. He was a high draft pick. I have always been a bit lower on him as a prospect then where he was drafted and I am likely wrong about his overall talent level.

From the long term view I do not really like it because Pittman seems like a WR in similar mold as Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams, Malcolm Floyd,  Vincent Jackson who have paired with Rivers in the past. I am not sure how much Rivers has left so maybe Pittman falls out of favor if.when Rivers is replaced.

Umm 5% isn't coming remotely close assuming dynasty. 5% gets you Quintez Cephus or Lamichal Perine. He was like an early 2nd or even late 1st (behind 5 RBs, Jeudy/Lamb and Reagor/Jefferson/Ruggs, he had a solid case for 1.11 or 1.12) in rookie drafts and has no business being on waivers

Yeah this seems about right
Yeah I just added some more to my thoughts on Pittman above.

I have never been very high on Pittman to begin with but I would pay more than 5% after thinking about it some more. I am not particularly unhappy if some one else bids more but I likely would pay 20% I guess.

With 5 taxi spots no way he should be on waivers. 60% is like buying a first round draft pick. Plus, if he does get to start you can trade away another WR for some value or maybe some waiver $$$. (Disclaimer - I am a multiple Pittman  owner).

With 5 taxi spots no way he should be on waivers. 60% is like buying a first round draft pick. Plus, if he does get to start you can trade away another WR for some value or maybe some waiver $$$. (Disclaimer - I am a multiple Pittman  owner).
Thank you all for the valuable information. I was able to get him off waivers for 50% of my FAAB. 

Pitman will be there WR1 at some point.

It might not be this year, but it's coming (with or without Rivers).
Hard to believe someone would drop him in dynasty, yet people are hanging onto Antonio Brown with a vise grip in dynasty leagues.  Go figure....

their*

Also, that would be after TY hilton leaves.  I am not doubting he turns into a WR1 just caution to those thinking this is soon.
From dynasty perspective, Hilton is 31, and last year of deal. I think it's a coin flip if they bring him back, depends on QB situation, if they think they can contend next year, what happens to salary cap, etc.

Not knowing who Pittman's long term QB will be is the main snag, even with Campbell there.  

From dynasty perspective, Hilton is 31, and last year of deal. I think it's a coin flip if they bring him back, depends on QB situation, if they think they can contend next year, what happens to salary cap, etc.

Not knowing who Pittman's long term QB will be is the main snag, even with Campbell there.  
Let's not forget 2021 is a very good WR draft with Chase, Bateman, Waddle, Moore, and others.  This definitely could have a long term impact on Pittman and Campbell long term whether Hilton is there or not.

Let's not forget 2021 is a very good WR draft with Chase, Bateman, Waddle, Moore, and others.  This definitely could have a long term impact on Pittman and Campbell long term whether Hilton is there or not.
That's always a possibility, but the capital spent on those two players, if both show well this year, we have to assume no top WR picks. 

their*

Also, that would be after TY hilton leaves.  I am not doubting he turns into a WR1 just caution to those thinking this is soon.
Damnit! You got me. I’m anal about spelling & grammar. I’ll blame it on no coffee haha.

BTW, I kinda doubt Hilton is the X factor for Pittman. 

Damnit! You got me. I’m anal about spelling & grammar. I’ll blame it on no coffee haha.

BTW, I kinda doubt Hilton is the X factor for Pittman. 
Time will tell. You said possibly this year, but maybe not.  I think he is decent this year, but he will be WR3 all year behind Hilton and Campbell.

I think Colts bring Hilton back and also love Campbell.  Pittman will hopefully and should grow into a role.  It could be THE WR1, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think Colts bring Hilton back and also love Campbell.  Pittman will hopefully and should grow into a role.  It could be THE WR1, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I agree.  People on this  board have too high of expectations from rookie WRs, especially those ranked lower than some of the same class.  No one here wants Pittman to succeed more than me, but I believe he's the type of WR that will take several years to be a WR1, if at all.  I believe I posted some time back that I thought Pittman would supplant Hilton as their WR1 and I hope that comes into fruition, but I'm afraid that may take at least 3 years if he does it at all.

Time will tell. You said possibly this year, but maybe not.  I think he is decent this year, but he will be WR3 all year behind Hilton and Campbell.
Well, I said it might not be this year. I don’t suspect it’ll happen in 2020, but I don’t believe Hilton will hinder Pittman much long-term, even if he stays.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pittman doesn’t do a whole lot this season, but he’s the clear WR to bet on in Indy, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I said it might not be this year. I don’t suspect it’ll happen in 2020, but I don’t believe Hilton will hinder Pittman much long-term, even if he stays.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pittman doesn’t do a whole lot this season, but he’s the clear WR to bet on in Indy, IMO.
yep, right up to the point of them drafting either Bateman or Waddle.

I guess. Seems like they would likely be quite happy with Pittman and Campbell long term. Their needs are elsewhere, such as qb and defense.
If they lose Hilton they would jump at the chance to get Bateman, Waddle, or Moore in the 2nd round.

yep, right up to the point of them drafting either Bateman or Waddle.
Highly doubt a 2nd round WR where they'll be drafting will overtake Pittman.

Pittman was the 34th pick in a strong class. He's very likely going to be their #1 WR in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Pittman was added to the Colts' Thursday injury report with a toe issue, getting in a limited session. 

Mid-week additions are never good news. A toe, meanwhile, is something that can linger. Pittman's Friday status will be key. Another limited session would have him tentatively on track for his A+ matchup in the Vikings. Even with that good setup, Pittman can't be trusted as a WR4 regardless of his health. 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:40 PM ET

Highly doubt a 2nd round WR where they'll be drafting will overtake Pittman.

Pittman was the 34th pick in a strong class. He's very likely going to be their #1 WR in time.
The colts drafted Dorsett in 2015 in the 1st round and he didn't turn out to be their #1.

They drafted Campbell last year in the 2nd round.  We will see what he becomes, but he looked electric out there.

Pittman was drafted in the 2nd this year.  I would say it is more likely he busts or isn't a #1/someone else is #1/Hilton remains #1 than Pittman is very likely to be their #1 in time.

The colts drafted Dorsett in 2015 in the 1st round and he didn't turn out to be their #1.

They drafted Campbell last year in the 2nd round.  We will see what he becomes, but he looked electric out there.

Pittman was drafted in the 2nd this year.  I would say it is more likely he busts or isn't a #1/someone else is #1/Hilton remains #1 than Pittman is very likely to be their #1 in time.
Yep, players bust all the time.

I like Pittman to be their #1 in time. I don't expect Campbell to be a #1 (at least long-term).

Colts coach Frank Reich said WR Michael Pittman had an "incident" with his toe in practice and will be evaluated over the next 48 hours.

Pittman worked behind Zach Pascal as the team's No. 3 wideout in Week 1, but this news is significant since the Colts are expected to stay in 11 personnel without Jack Doyle (ankle, out). Pittman being unable to go would essentially keep T.Y. Hilton and Parris Campbell glued to the field as locked-in fantasy assets with both Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines running as strong fringe RB1s. Pascal is expected to see an uptick in snaps if Pittman is ultimately ruled out.

SOURCE: Andrew Walker on Twitter

Sep 18, 2020, 1:59 PM ET

Colts WR Michael Pittman (toe) is active for Week 2 against the Vikings. 

Pittman was a game-time decision but passed the necessary tests in pre-game workouts. Even with Jack Doyle on the shelf, Pittman won't see enough targets behind T.Y. Hilton, Nyheim Hines and Parris Campbell to provide re-draft relevance. Joining Doyle on the shelf are QB Jacob Eason, CB Rock Ya-Sin, LB E.J. Speed, DT Eli Ankou and WR Dezmon Patton. 

Sep 20, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Michael Pittman caught 4-of-6 targets for 37 yards in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Vikings. 

It was an improvement on Pittman's 2/10 Week 1 debut, and could be his floor moving forward with Parris Campbell suffering a potentially serious knee injury. Running backs will be the featured waiver wire play following this week's injury carnage, but Pittman should not get lost in the shuffle. He is well worth a flier. 

Sep 20, 2020, 5:59 PM ET

Anybody adding Pittman in waivers? Seems like it will be Pascal or him in the slot. 
I don't think when you lose a player like Parris – an explosive guy like Parris – it's never just a, 'This guy goes in for him,'" Sirianni said. "Yes, Zach (Pascal) is playing the 'F', but it's who does what well? Can Nyheim (Hines) do some stuff in the slot? Yes. Can our tight ends do some things in the slot? Yes. Can T.Y. (Hilton) do some things in the slot? Absolutely. Can Michael Pittman do some things in the slot? Absolutely."

Sirianni said for now, Pascal will be labeled as the Colts' primary slot receiver, but he's counting on a group effort to make plays out of that spot.

"Zach might get his letter as far as, 'Hey, he's the slot receiver.' We call it the 'F.' He gets the 'F' tag, but it's a by-committee thing," Sirianni said. "Zach will do a great job and everyone just has to do their share to pick up the slack when we lost Parris."

Users who are viewing this thread