What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR N'Keal Harry - CHI (2 Viewers)

Yeah. Anything in the 4.5s was a win for him. That’s the weakest part of his game.
Just based on what I saw, I suspected he was a good athlete. Nice to see that confirmed. He’s not a freak athlete like Fant but he comfortably can project to the best NFL WRs.

I'll be surprised if Baltimore passes on him.  He's kind of perfect for what they are looking for. Size and catch radius helps Lamar, his YAC ability is great and will allow for a lot of easier throws for Lamar and he prides himself on being the best blocking WR in the draft which is considerable plus for this Raven offense is going to look.

I'll be surprised if Baltimore passes on him.  He's kind of perfect for what they are looking for. Size and catch radius helps Lamar, his YAC ability is great and will allow for a lot of easier throws for Lamar and he prides himself on being the best blocking WR in the draft which is considerable plus for this Raven offense is going to look.
I’m sure you are correct but I hope this doesn’t happen as someone who might want to draft him

I'd be pretty surprised if the Ravens went WR in round 1. They have a lot of holes to fill, with so many FA's.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Ravens went WR in round 1. They have a lot of holes to fill, with so many FA's.
Willie Snead is the only viable WR they have under contract and I'm not even sure he won't get cut. Yes they need to fill holes, WR is probably the biggest one they have. Don't really understand your take that suggest they'd ignore their biggest need because of other needs?

Willie Snead is the only viable WR they have under contract and I'm not even sure he won't get cut. Yes they need to fill holes, WR is probably the biggest one they have. Don't really understand your take that suggest they'd ignore their biggest need because of other needs?
Never said they'd ignore it. Just don't see it as round 1. Both starting DE's are FA's, so is the starting MLB, and those have always been bigger priorities under Harbaugh.

Harry is my 1.01 after today. Best combo of athleticism and production. Now. Just don’t land in Baltimore!

Gandalf said:
so are we down to Harry vs Metcalf for 1.01? If so landing spot is going to be huge. 
I think that is where the "community" should be

Harry is my 1.01 after today. Best combo of athleticism and production. Now. Just don’t land in Baltimore!
Yeah, same here. He was 1.01 coming in and I just wanted proof he's an NFL WR1 level athlete and we got it. He is plenty athletic enough for the NFL. There are a lot of corners that aren't going to want anything to do with N'Keal. He has a Dez Bryant/AR15  ceiling. 

Not for me.  Harry is probably 8 or 9 on my board unless he goes to a really plum spot.  Maybe 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? He was so good in college. 
He strikes me as the David Montgomery of the receivers in this class.  A stat compiler without special traits.  I think he'll need a very good system/QB to be a legit wr2.  He's safer than some guys I have ahead of him but I'd rather swing harder.  And even then, I don't think he's all that safe to be honest.

He strikes me as the David Montgomery of the receivers in this class.  A stat compiler without special traits.  I think he'll need a very good system/QB to be a legit wr2.  He's safer than some guys I have ahead of him but I'd rather swing harder.  And even then, I don't think he's all that safe to be honest.
That is what is crazy about film analysis. Two people can watch the same player and come to total opposite opinions. I get it though and if you don't like a player then don't draft them.

Not for me.  Harry is probably 8 or 9 on my board unless he goes to a really plum spot.  Maybe 10.
Huh? Why? He’s big, fast enough and had awesome college production. What don’t you like about him that makes him so low on your list?

A couple of us mentioned earlier that he looked like he was just jogging through the gauntlet. And by not running the 3cone or shuttle I wonder if the thing was he wanted to singularly focus on his 40 and not risk himself on the other events. I don't know. I'm not a combine guy at all but was underwhelmed watching his gauntlet. Seems you would want to put your best foot forward. Always. Maybe nobody in the NFL gives a rip about the gauntlet and he knew it and was just glad to have been done with his 40, which was good enough to secure what he needed to secure. Maybe at that point he just didn't want to do anything stupid. I'm totally spitballing here. But I'm not falling in love with this guy yet. 

I see Harry as a guy who has Alshon Jeffery ceiling. Which isn't awful but when you have a guy who could have Calvin Johnson ceiling it makes the decision, for me, a little more clear. 

You make a statement and then outsource the work for it, but it's a fact? Funny
@Bri is a Titans expert and very detailed. he made this comment a while ago in Davis'thread. I could link you to it but I imagine you can find that thread on your own. I dont have to research these claims because I trust Bri very much, just as I trust several.other posters in here I have come to respect and realize they have their #### together. If that's funny, then I guess many of us in here are hilarious. I call it being resourceful, which is the point of the shark pool IMO

Show me film of his route running mistakes in year 1 and the same thing in year 2....i'll wait.
(Davis)It was a while ago. I forget who wrote the article but the guy used game tape, paragraph, game tape...it was extremely well presented and factual.  The article was a slam and I did state that too. I think he's talented but I try my best to be open-minded and you can't really argue with the 10-15 second play on the screen.

You should know that Vrabel was asked about this at the combine recently and didn't deny it or shy away. He stated that the NFL has far more routes in it's tree than college does. Then he complimented Davis' blocking and determination to improve in that area.  There's absolutely some truth to it.

Greg Cosell said something I completely totally agree with and can't stand about LaFleur's brief time- if you know what a player does well, why not utilize that? Davis runs a few routes very well and it's ridiculous that you're trying to build up a rhythm and confidence in a WR and NOT call plays with those routes. This is a very common sentiment by Titans fans as Davis could go a full quarter and even a half without a target. Arthur Smith mentioned tailoring things to players strengths and tried his best not to insult LaFleur or Robiske but it seems like he knows exactly what writers and fans have been barking about. He was asked about a screen pass to Henry and said something like he would definitely call it because don't forget the D is not ready for it, but it would not be a staple, no.  

Back to Davis, the guy has a great head on his shoulders and a good work ethic. That could be exactly what he needed to hear before the offseason and then he puts work in on the routes he doesn't do well. 

You can't ignore that they are going hard after AB(Schefter) and spent a 5th pick on Davis. If Davis was as awesome as advertised predraft, there'd be no need for AB or it would be a luxury teams don't spend 13 mil on. 

Both Mike Williams and Davis have the same prob of looking somewhat meh, then making a nice catch, and looking like they have all the talent in the world. There's a confidence issue or pride in their craft or something to that. As they mature, they've gotta learn to be their best on every play. I hope this is cured, for Davis, by the OC being gone and actually treating him like a #1 and not ignoring him for a quarter. Maybe he needs to go to Fitz' camp? I don't know but there are definitely parts to his game that becoming a savvy veteran would improve

Are we talking about the right guy here?

I disagree with this. A David Montgomery comparison for WR may be Harmon... a guy who plays his position really well. 

If Metcalf wasnt such a beast in the measurables this decision at 1.1 would probably be easy for me (Harry). I am a huge sucker for size and speed, I can admit that. 

Trying to talk myself into Harry 

Like some mentioned he jogged through the gauntlet, but it wasn't just the gauntlet that he didn't look as good.  He had a highlight reel catch during the QB's throwing, but the drills on WR's he dropped a few and couldn't get out in breaks quick enough for some of the QB's.  Call it chemistry or whatever you want but his combine was middle of the pack for me and the only thing he proved is he does actually have speed.  But the routes are still very much in question for me.  

Like some mentioned he jogged through the gauntlet, but it wasn't just the gauntlet that he didn't look as good.  He had a highlight reel catch during the QB's throwing, but the drills on WR's he dropped a few and couldn't get out in breaks quick enough for some of the QB's.  Call it chemistry or whatever you want but his combine was middle of the pack for me and the only thing he proved is he does actually have speed.  But the routes are still very much in question for me.  
Didn’t he run a full route tree? He was 1,000 yard WR each year for the past two years. How if he runs questionable routes?

Didn’t he run a full route tree? He was 1,000 yard WR each year for the past two years. How if he runs questionable routes?
I'm pretty sure he did run the full tree.  I mean questionable in terms of speed/quickness/separation in that route.  Seemed a bit late (maybe it was the QB's throw) in getting to the ball or making his cut.  He didn't pass that test without a CB even draped on him during the drills.  

@Bri is a Titans expert and very detailed. he made this comment a while ago in Davis'thread. I could link you to it but I imagine you can find that thread on your own. I dont have to research these claims because I trust Bri very much, just as I trust several.other posters in here I have come to respect and realize they have their #### together. If that's funny, then I guess many of us in here are hilarious. I call it being resourceful, which is the point of the shark pool IMO
(makes a statement as a fact) "Talk to this person" "You can find that thread on your own" ...Then you talk about being resourceful and it's the point of the Shark Pool? Remember this started with me responding to an opinion with a statistical fact...which is resourceful.

Yes, I find it funny to state a film observation as a fact...when you didn't see it with your own eyes. And the guy you quote didn't see with his own eyes... we're multiple degrees of separation on something that is very subjective and carries lots of bias. Over the last 20 years,  I've found more people who say they're good at watching film, than people who are good at watching film.

While you value one person's opinion in here, your not valuing another.

Are we talking about the right guy here?
Um, yes?  He had two 1,000 seasons.

Sorry, just not that impressed with him.  Unless he goes somewhere like Indy (which is a perfect fit imo) he probably won't end up on any of my teams.  Just offering a different voice for folks still forming their opinions.

I disagree with this. A David Montgomery comparison for WR may be Harmon... a guy who plays his position really well. 

If Metcalf wasnt such a beast in the measurables this decision at 1.1 would probably be easy for me (Harry). I am a huge sucker for size and speed, I can admit that. 

Trying to talk myself into Harry 
Take your time no need to rush.

Tex

Sorry, just not that impressed with him.  Unless he goes somewhere like Indy (which is a perfect fit imo) he probably won't end up on any of my teams.  Just offering a different voice for folks still forming their opinions.
I can get not liking him as much as others.. but this guy is the opposite of a compiler.

He excels at contested catches and adjusting to the ball, his route running and separation (compiling traits) are his weakest traits imo.

eta - I suppose he caught a fair amount of bubbles.

But other than being contrarian, why do you think this? 

(Davis)It was a while ago. I forget who wrote the article but the guy used game tape, paragraph, game tape...it was extremely well presented and factual.  The article was a slam and I did state that too. I think he's talented but I try my best to be open-minded and you can't really argue with the 10-15 second play on the screen.

You should know that Vrabel was asked about this at the combine recently and didn't deny it or shy away. He stated that the NFL has far more routes in it's tree than college does. Then he complimented Davis' blocking and determination to improve in that area.  There's absolutely some truth to it.

Greg Cosell said something I completely totally agree with and can't stand about LaFleur's brief time- if you know what a player does well, why not utilize that? Davis runs a few routes very well and it's ridiculous that you're trying to build up a rhythm and confidence in a WR and NOT call plays with those routes. This is a very common sentiment by Titans fans as Davis could go a full quarter and even a half without a target. Arthur Smith mentioned tailoring things to players strengths and tried his best not to insult LaFleur or Robiske but it seems like he knows exactly what writers and fans have been barking about. He was asked about a screen pass to Henry and said something like he would definitely call it because don't forget the D is not ready for it, but it would not be a staple, no.  

Back to Davis, the guy has a great head on his shoulders and a good work ethic. That could be exactly what he needed to hear before the offseason and then he puts work in on the routes he doesn't do well. 

You can't ignore that they are going hard after AB(Schefter) and spent a 5th pick on Davis. If Davis was as awesome as advertised predraft, there'd be no need for AB or it would be a luxury teams don't spend 13 mil on. 

Both Mike Williams and Davis have the same prob of looking somewhat meh, then making a nice catch, and looking like they have all the talent in the world. There's a confidence issue or pride in their craft or something to that. As they mature, they've gotta learn to be their best on every play. I hope this is cured, for Davis, by the OC being gone and actually treating him like a #1 and not ignoring him for a quarter. Maybe he needs to go to Fitz' camp? I don't know but there are definitely parts to his game that becoming a savvy veteran would improve

Given the misuse of players in Tennessee, I thought the LaFleuer hire was a stretch. But then again, being a HC is different than being an OC...so maybe he will succeed. But I digress. I believe Mike Williams and Corey Davis have two different problems. Two common traits: 1) High 1st round draft picks 2) Both have suffered injuries early in their careers. How much have the injuries had an impact? We don't know. But it has had some degree of an impact on learning the offense, developing rapport with other players, reps, etc.

Mike Williams suffers from having many other players around him who absorb targets. Allen was down this year with 136, Gordon/RBs combined for 138, Tyrell 65 and we know Rivers loves his TE's. This left 66 for Williams(tied for 2nd on the team) and that's without Hunter Henry. Now I know Tyrell may leave and I think Henry is overrated....besides the point of LAC have lots of talented players who will command targets. 

Davis suffers from an inept offense. Mariota finished the season being 22nd in QB rating and was sacked 42 times(8th most in the NFL, despite only starting 13 games). Gabbert threw the football almost 1 out of every 4 passes Tennessee had in 2018. His QB rating(had he qualified) would've placed him 32nd. As a team Tennessee was 29th in yards, 28th in TDs, and 31st in pass attempts. As a total offense, 25th in yards, 27th in points, 26th in 1st downs, 15th in 3rd down percentage. Meanwhile, Davis led the team in targets, receptions, yards, TDs and yards per reception in his 2nd year. Does he likely have room to improve? Sure...he's a 2nd year guy that's missed time. Is his route running/play concerns the cause for the Titans inept offense? No. Davis was the best route running WR i've ever seen come out of college, which he was the all time leader in receiving yards.

What team wouldn't want a sane Antonio Brown? Especially one that struggled on offense last year. I've also heard the Packers and Colts on the list too. The NFL is about winning and adding one of the best WRs in the NFL helps coaches/execs keep their jobs. 

he broke out as a freshman... he has dominated the college scene each season.

Hard to find something not to like. He has the complete package. 

There isn't much not to like. I can see liking another wr better (brown, metcalf), but you wont find many people agreeing that he is just a stat compiler like Montgomery. 

Yes, I find it funny to state a film observation as a fact...when you didn't see it with your own eyes. And the guy you quote didn't see with his own eyes... we're multiple degrees of separation on something that is very subjective and carries lots of bias. 
This would be an accurate description.

value of opinion is earned
And you’re kind of coming across as toolish with this response.  My .02, which likely hasn’t been earned...so more like .01.

This would be an accurate description.

And you’re kind of coming across as toolish with this response.  My .02, which likely hasn’t been earned...so more like .01.
that's fine. I wont apologize for valuing the opinion of posters I see a lot in here, know their knowledge base, and trust they've done their due diligence over someone I might see 12 times a season/off season. 

Users who are viewing this thread