What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (2 Viewers)

My best guess is that he plays in a limited role, maybe roll him out for some red zone looks. If we are lucky he gets a six pointer thrown at him.

I have no true evidence to support this but I feel like he's overstating this injury and going to be fine. Then tomorrow we will all say 'wow what a trooper!' If he has a half decent game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Down 2.4 points, thinking about playing Perkins over Beckham even if he is active.  Too afraid of the decoy angle, or that he aggravates it.  Surely Perkins can score 2.5 pts.

Down 2.4 points, thinking about playing Perkins over Beckham even if he is active.  Too afraid of the decoy angle, or that he aggravates it.  Surely Perkins can score 2.5 pts.
Perkins is horrible. If the Giants don't start Darkwa for at least 1 game, they're nuts. I wouldn't be shocked if Perkins put up less than 2.5.

Perkins is horrible. If the Giants don't start Darkwa for at least 1 game, they're nuts. I wouldn't be shocked if Perkins put up less than 2.5.
...and Beckham stands a good chance of putting up a goose egg.  Edited to add Darkwa sucks just much, if not more, than Perkins.

Agree he is not very good but neither is Darkwa. When we say players are TD dependent it usually means to in order to have a good fantasy game. These two might be dependent on a TD to hit 2.5.

He's active, just read it.  Can't bench him.  Thought about it however.  Watch him put up a zero.

He's active, just read it.  Can't bench him.  Thought about it however.  Watch him put up a zero.
I wonder how well he is moving around.  I am going with OBJ over Vereen tonight.  Hard to justify benching Beckham if he is on the field, but I suppose it depends on how many points you need tonight.  If you only need a few points, you might choose a safer start, if you have one.  If you need a fairly significant output, I suspect Beckham gives you a better chance than just about any other alternative tonight.

Beckham fell to me as the 5th pick of Rd 2, non-PPR. Thought my league mates were crazy. After seeing how bad this O-line is, which is worse than I ever imagined, guess I was the one who needed his head checked. Going to be a long season as a Giants fan.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous. On one hand it's OBJ and they'll probably just start force feeding him the ball to save the coaching staffs butts. On the other hand this team is a dumpster fire. Will Eli even have time to throw? 

@RVacchianoSNY: How frustrated is Odell Beckham? "It’s not that frustrating. As hard as it is to take the positives, this was a step in the right direction"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20957249/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-needs-surgery-injured-ankle

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.suffered a fractured left ankle during Sunday's 27-22 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the team.

A source told ESPN that Beckham will get a second opinion before deciding on surgery to repair the injury. It is the same ankle Beckham injured during the preseason.

Beckham was carted off the field Sunday after suffering the injury with about four minutes remaining in the game. He had gone up for a catch and fell awkwardly to the ground, and Chargers players immediately called for medical help.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20957249/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-needs-surgery-injured-ankle

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.suffered a fractured left ankle during Sunday's 27-22 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the team.

A source told ESPN that Beckham will get a second opinion before deciding on surgery to repair the injury. It is the same ankle Beckham injured during the preseason.

Beckham was carted off the field Sunday after suffering the injury with about four minutes remaining in the game. He had gone up for a catch and fell awkwardly to the ground, and Chargers players immediately called for medical help.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....I hate players getting hurt,but if their was one guy that had to break his ankle,and not feel bad for it's OBJ...

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....I hate players getting hurt,but if their was one guy that had to break his ankle,and not feel bad for it's OBJ...
Looks like you couldn't carry the alphabet with a ####### skidsteer but i'll agree with you that Beckham did little to endear himself to the traditional Giants fan.

Karma is a #####.

I don't like OBJ's antics and only own him in one league, but anyone who gloats about an injury to anyone in the NFL deserves to be hit by a train.

That is all.

Pretty much.  Jets fan, not an OBJ owner in either league and I think he's a world class jerk on the field. But its not like he's getting in trouble with the law or anything and even if he was, I still wouldn't root for him to get hurt.

Antics aside, no one can deny that kid's talent and passion for the game.   

OBJ aspires for greatness like few in the NFL do.   He will be back with a vengeance.   Beckham's on a Hall of Fame trajectory.   

I believe McGarnicle was being sarcastic, guys. 

Because of a bunch of people earlier saying he was crying. 

LOL at all the tools revealing themselves in this thread.  Every NFL player you call a primadonna or "bad guy on the field" has almost certainly given more of their time and money to charities and communities than you ever will.  Is it hilarious and absurd when Odell Beckham fights a kicking net?  Yep.  Does it matter in the least?  Nooope.

Earlier in the game they showed him crying into a towel on the sideline while the punter was standing behind him and consoling him. Anyone know what that was all about? It was way before the brutal ankle break injury.

WTH does that mean?  He can be immature, a prima Donna, and a NYG so I hate him; but how is this,supposed to be karma? 
You know, the time OBJ took out the competition's CBs by hiring a hit man to come after them in the locker room with a pipe before the big game

Users who are viewing this thread