What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (1 Viewer)

^^ OBJ himself tweeted, and he didnt say the video was fake, he said the video was old... that we are now in "2018"

So, no... the hoax route ain't gonna work.

The first thing to consider is the source of the video and if it's even a legit video. Reports coming out that the video has been spliced as far as the coke scene and the age of the video itself. I have read that OBJ is missing some of his tats on his arm in the video which dates earlier if not pre-NFL. Think this has potential to be a hoax. Could end up to be something in itself. The major media has not run with it at this time so either people are investigating whether the video has merit or has been determined to not have legs, either way, I would not be shocked but I'm willing to allow OBJ the courtesy of innocence. Might want to run this past the OBJ owner and see if you can get a deal done though. Especially if you think this will result in a suspension. Due to his injury, a 4 game suspension would not move me in any way. The being in the protocol would be the real concern.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/odell-beckhams-mystery-lady-from-video-identified/

@OBJ_3 

Old news still makes a good story....I guess. #CatchUpWereIn18’

That is his response...

And you guys think the video is "fake"? 

I thought nothing of this story until reading that article. If true it would now appear Odell is caught in a lie saying this was old. 

I found nothing about that video incriminating and it looks spliced but if this happened a few days ago Odell just made it a bigger story and cast all kinds of suspicion on himself by saying it was old.
I thought his tattoos dated the video pre-NFL or 2015?

I thought his tattoos dated the video pre-NFL or 2015?
I don't know about the tatoos and I don't know what is true or not, which is why I had wrote "if true".  But  that article states they met in a Paris club on March 8t and placed Odell in Paris at the time.

That article is sure not gospel, the source would likely do and say anything to get paid/famous but if she is really is a French instragram model and he is in Paris it seems to have some merit.

I don't know about the tatoos and I don't know what is true or not, which is why I had wrote "if true".  But  that article states they met in a Paris club on March 8t and placed Odell in Paris at the time.

That article is sure not gospel, the source would likely do and say anything to get paid/famous but if she is really is a French instragram model and he is in Paris it seems to have some merit.
What's true is that he has more tattoos today than he does in the video. Old news or doctored video. Either way, he's good.

What's true is that he has more tattoos today than he does in the video. Old news or doctored video. Either way, he's good.
I don't think Goodell cares if it's old.  There is not a statute of limitations on league punishment as far as I know. Zeke Elliot's stuff was fairly old and Goodell threw the book a him.   

I think it matters how bad it looks,  not how old it is.  Things with a video seem to always be worse PR than things without... 

I don't think Goodell cares if it's old.  There is not a statute of limitations on league punishment as far as I know. Zeke Elliot's stuff was fairly old and Goodell threw the book a him.   

I think it matters how bad it looks,  not how old it is.  Things with a video seem to always be worse PR than things without... 
There does seem to be a split from Goodell on "before entering the NFL" and "once in the NFL," as evidenced by Mixon's sliding by without discipline.

So it boils down to just how "old" this "old video" is...

OBJ had a blunt (maybe) in his hand. Zeke (maybe) hit a woman. Big difference. 

There does seem to be a split from Goodell on "before entering the NFL" and "once in the NFL," as evidenced by Mixon's sliding by without discipline.

So it boils down to just how "old" this "old video" is...
Mixon was suspended in college for his crime, so the NFL was never going to do anything. That's the only difference here. Plus the fact Beckham didn't hit anyone. 

His sleeve tattoos in that video are about 2 inches off his wrist. His tattoos now are to his wrist (if not more). Definitely old video. How old? :Shrug:. And that's a straw in his hand. Not a blunt

While his behavior is certainly alarming - you just dont trade guys with his talent.....LT was more than a handful but HOF talent just doesnt come around often....you dont get rid of those guys 

Kiddnets said:
While his behavior is certainly alarming - you just dont trade guys with his talent.....LT was more than a handful but HOF talent just doesnt come around often....you dont get rid of those guys 
I would never pay this guy the type of $ he is asking. For nearly 20 years the Patriots have dominated the NFL and very rarely (The Randy Moss years, and they acquired him for nothing + traded him when he became a problem) have they had that type of a wr.

No doubt Beckham is a very talented player, but he is a head case off the field and a drama queen in the locker room. He is going to cost a ton against the cap. I simply wouldn’t pay it as wr’s just aren’t worth it.

deal him now, get a boat load of picks, you're not winning this year or next, giants are in full rebuild mode need players.this would be a mini herschell walker thing if they could trade him for draft picks - they'd get a lot in return.

You certainly don't get rid of a player like Beckham, but if the market will bear a windfall to a player with significant maturity concerns, you have to at least listen. To compound matters, he wants an extension that will make him the highest paid WR in the game prior to setting foot on the field. The Giants would be foolish not to have fleshed out all the possible options.

I can't believe one of the Giants owners is remotely considering a very possibility of Beckham being available for trade.  You simply dont trade away once-a-generation talented WRs like Beckham.  Oh, wait... Vikings did it with Randy Moss.  

IMO, I think Giants will take one of the QBs with knowledge of cheap contract ($25-$30M for 5 years) for top-three rookie QB.  Plus the inevitability of paying $18M+ to Beckham for next 3-5 years (starting 2019).  This strategy would allow them to rebuild their shoddy OL and reload their defensive team. 

John Dorsey just now @nflnetwork - "Jarvis Landry was his teammate and Adam Henry was his coach, but I can't talk about the player (OBJ)."

Leroy Hoard said:
To keeper & dynasty owners: Who would we like him to be traded to?
I think that the 49ers would be a great spot for OBJ.

Lack a true #1. They've got the 9th pick that they can use as part of the trade. Tons of cap space to sign him to a long term deal and pair him w/ Jimmy GQ. 

Here’s the question that needs to be considered: If ODB, prior to getting tens of millions in guaranteed money, has bouts of poor judgement and immature behavior, what will happen when he gets 25-40 Million in guaranteed money? 

Is that a chance a team is going to take in addition to parting with draft capital and year’s of cost certainty?

@KimJonesSports

#NYG are not shopping Odell Beckham Jr. They know they are better with a healthy OBJ. A trade “probably won’t happen,” per source.

Smoke.

Called it

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants
@AdamSchefter

Former Dolphins’ DT Ndamukong Suh reached agreement with Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, per source. Suh took less to go to LA. Suh and Aaron Donald now manning LA’s front.

Cap space = gone.

@AdamSchefter

Former Dolphins’ DT Ndamukong Suh reached agreement with Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, per source. Suh took less to go to LA. Suh and Aaron Donald now manning LA’s front.

Cap space = gone.
Not if they trade a player or two back to the Giants, but I hope you are right

Here’s the question that needs to be considered: If ODB, prior to getting tens of millions in guaranteed money, has bouts of poor judgement and immature behavior, what will happen when he gets 25-40 Million in guaranteed money? 

Is that a chance a team is going to take in addition to parting with draft capital and year’s of cost certainty?
His off field antics are minor, and completely overblown. When you're as popular as Beckham, you're bound to have someone trying to get money from you by releasing a bogus 7 second video, and now he's being sued by a guy who says he beat him up. He is innocent. From what I hear he's quite the nice/charitable guy. The Giants trade him they are nuts.

Let's stick to the facts....wait, who am I talking to  :wall: .  Okay, I will stick to the facts and you can just be whatever you are.  The Rams had $28MM plus in cap space before the Suh signing.  With a couple of additional moves they could easily have enough room to sign OBJ.  For example, cutting T Austin gives them 3MM more in cap space

Cap space = gone = Typical Soulfly fake news
Rumor I heard was Rams 1st (23), a mid round and Tavon.  That move alone would clear up 8mil.   

Let's stick to the facts....wait, who am I talking to  :wall: .  Okay, I will stick to the facts and you can just be whatever you are.  The Rams had $28MM plus in cap space before the Suh signing.  With a couple of additional moves they could easily have enough room to sign OBJ.  For example, cutting T Austin gives them 3MM more in cap space

Cap space = gone = Typical Soulfly fake news
Sooooooo, 28m cap space.

14m goes to SUh, leaving 14m....

OBJ asking for nearly 20m a season, and then you have to sign your drafted rookies et al. 

sounds simple enough.

Didn't you say "cap room gone"? And OBJ is looking for 18MM.  How about stick to the facts

Sounds simple enough
So 14m in cap space left, and OBJ wants 18m, plus they need to sign all their rookies et all. 

Better?

You decided to post that over a 2 million dollar difference?

I doubt any team will give up what they would have to for OBJ without him agreeing beforehand to a contract extension, and if you are OBJ, why would you sign an extension with Cleveland?  

I guess it's fun to dream...

I doubt any team will give up what they would have to for OBJ without him agreeing beforehand to a contract extension, and if you are OBJ, why would you sign an extension with Cleveland?  

I guess it's fun to dream...
Why wouldn't he? If a team is willing to pay him, what reason wouldnthe have to extend?

It's not like the Browns aren't on the upswing

Beckham wants to get paid. I dont even really want him in CLE, but I do at the same time

Why wouldn't he? If a team is willing to pay him, what reason wouldnthe have to extend?

It's not like the Browns aren't on the upswing

Beckham wants to get paid. I dont even really want him in CLE, but I do at the same time
There's nowhere to go but up from 0-16. :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread