What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (3 Viewers)

I'm shocked some of you are worried. He just went against two of the best corners in football.

Diggs is a sit it and forget it player. Don't over think fantasy football.

Any concerns here? Did Snead get the best of him? I want to think he will show up big against his brothers team this weekend to prove what team is top dog in the Diggs family (even though his brother isn't playing). When I watch Buffalo games, it seems like he either isn't open or the pass just isn't there of late when he does get a target, almost like they aren't running plays for him, but using him as a release valve. 22 targets total the last 2 games with only 10 catches. Only 159 yards total the last 4 weeks.

Any concerns here? Did Snead get the best of him? I want to think he will show up big against his brothers team this weekend to prove what team is top dog in the Diggs family (even though his brother isn't playing). When I watch Buffalo games, it seems like he either isn't open or the pass just isn't there of late when he does get a target, almost like they aren't running plays for him, but using him as a release valve. 22 targets total the last 2 games with only 10 catches. Only 159 yards total the last 4 weeks.
Totally concerned. Guy does not look interested in my opinion. And when his head was in the game it seemed Josh was not getting him the ball enough. I do believe the noise outside the organization earlier this year he wants out. Time will tell here.

Very concerned but at this point there's nothing you can do. It's the playoffs. We're starting him. Just have to hope they get him involved.

Season started so well. Then he just disappeared. Even when Buffalo got their offense going again. He's an after thought now in the offense. Ultimately going to be why I lose this week.

Season started so well. Then he just disappeared. Even when Buffalo got their offense going again. He's an after thought now in the offense. Ultimately going to be why I lose this week.
It’s one of the bigger mysteries to me…I have to assume that teams are double/triple teaming him and Josh is being conservative and not trying to force it to him. But from being peppered with 10+ targets every week for a couple years to a 5 target 4-48 wr just doesn’t really make sense to me.

The Bills attempted 15 passes this week. Diggs got 5 targets, or 33% target share. That target share is elite.

Doesn't help if you got knocked out this week due to the low scoring output, but it's a good reason to be optimistic going forward.

The Bills attempted 15 passes this week. Diggs got 5 targets, or 33% target share. That target share is elite.

Doesn't help if you got knocked out this week due to the low scoring output, but it's a good reason to be optimistic going forward.
Since week 6, he has not had a 100 yard game where he had 5 in the first 6 weeks. Since week 9, he has only score more than 10 points in PPR once. If we all had a crystal ball, we should have sold high on his name value but we could not forsee a situation where he would not be relevant again this year.

Now that most of his owners are eliminated, watch him go for 11-160-3 next week.

Knew I should’ve benched him for waddle. League losing decision right there. He’s been so bad it’s unbelievable. And he is off the field like crazy now- makes me wonder if indeed he just doesn’t have the juice and needs rest now.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a trade candidate and Buffalo drafts a wr due to salary and team fit reasons

Since week 6, he has not had a 100 yard game where he had 5 in the first 6 weeks. Since week 9, he has only score more than 10 points in PPR once. If we all had a crystal ball, we should have sold high on his name value but we could not forsee a situation where he would not be relevant again this year.

Now that most of his owners are eliminated, watch him go for 11-160-3 next week.
As an owner that barely eeked out a win and needs him desperately for the championship matchup.... from your lips to god's ears.

BUF offense is so much different once they changed offensive coordinators. Also the emergence of Dalton Kincaid (even though he goose egged yesterday) has had a negative impact on Diggs performance.

Diggs is gone after this season. BUF is probably better when they run a balanced offense and Allen spreads it around instead of forcing it to Diggs 10-15 times a game.

Arguably the most drastic and rapid decrease in fantasy value of all time.

Last few years and 1st half of this season, an elite must-start top 5 WR. As of week 16, a roster liability that can’t be dropped or traded, but can no longer be trusted in starting lineups despite seemingly perfect scenarios.

BUF offense is so much different once they changed offensive coordinators. Also the emergence of Dalton Kincaid (even though he goose egged yesterday) has had a negative impact on Diggs performance.

Diggs is gone after this season. BUF is probably better when they run a balanced offense and Allen spreads it around instead of forcing it to Diggs 10-15 times a game.
To be fair, I don't think Diggs antics did much positive for him also..Buffalo has a lot of professionals on the team and the way he gets sour seemed to be a nail in the coffin.

But you are right, with having two good TE in Kincaid and Knox. Gabe Davis being very capable of being a #1, and now establishing a run game with a pass catching back, Diggs may be done in Buffalo.

They started playing better when they stopped only passing to him. They also take him out on obvious running downs. I wouldn't be shocked if they move on from him this offseason.

Definitely saw his production fall off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season. Don’t feel good about owning him in 2024.

People here are saying he is gone after this season. Does that mean Buffalo will cut or trade him? Isn't he signed for the next 4 years in Buffalo? Not sure what team can trade for a contract that size and for a player who arguably "lost a step". He still gets the targets each week, he just doesn't produce, his first 8-9 games this season were great, top 3 WR type numbers, the last 8-9 games have been WR3 type numbers. He is still the 11th ranked WR in my league based on the first half dominance. People who watch Bills games, are teams shutting him down/taking him out of the game? There hasn't been a lot of talk nationally about this decline imo maybe because of his numbers from the first half.

Diggs has not been playable in December the last number of years. And that is poison for FF.
He used to be injured quite a bit and missed games. It feels like he just plays through injury now and never seems to talk about his injuries.
It may veery well come out that he's been dealing with a foot issue, ankle issue, knee issue and playing through it.

But once a dude hits 30+, there's enough of a scare factor that I'm going to lean away from him. Especially if his ADP doesn't take a significant hit.

People here are saying he is gone after this season. Does that mean Buffalo will cut or trade him? Isn't he signed for the next 4 years in Buffalo? Not sure what team can trade for a contract that size and for a player who arguably "lost a step". He still gets the targets each week, he just doesn't produce, his first 8-9 games this season were great, top 3 WR type numbers, the last 8-9 games have been WR3 type numbers. He is still the 11th ranked WR in my league based on the first half dominance. People who watch Bills games, are teams shutting him down/taking him out of the game? There hasn't been a lot of talk nationally about this decline imo maybe because of his numbers from the first half.
Watch a lot of Bills games because they are generally a fun team to watch. The fact that Allen is really inaccurate on even intermediate throws seems a bigger issue IMO than Diggs going into decline. The throws that are caught in stride are few. He is just off. Plus don’t get me started on his refusal to dump the ball off to Cook. Watching the game last week, I thought for sure Allen had a prop bet on himself (kidding) for rushing yards and rushing TD. He just seems off. Fortunately they have been winning so whatever works I guess. But certainly not all on Diggs.

As I said before, the offense is much different now than in the early part of the season. BUF is throwing less, running more and using Davis or Shakir as the deep ball and Diggs mostly gets underneath passes (and is competing with Kincaid, Cook and Knox for those targets). Teams focused on him in the early part of the season and Diggs was great, so I don't think teams are all of sudden now trying to shut him down. Hard to be a WR1 (or even a WR2) when all your targets are within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and Allen likes to run the ball near the goalline. It's also hard to continue to be a WR1 when your target share goes down. 1st half of the year Diggs had a 31% target share. 2nd half of the year DIggs' target share is 24% while BUF has 11% less pass attempts (the reduction is more if you take out Allen's 52 attempts in week 12). Allen is spreading the ball around more.

They should just trade him and get what they can. But they will probably have to eat some of the contract to do a deal, not sure how it's structured. With Diggs petulant behavior, I think BUF is going to want to move on. They can be successful centering their offense around the run and playing good defense.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't come back - the cap hit on releasing / trading him is too high. Especially if the Bills part ways with Von Miller. If they drop Miller and Diggs then they are simply tanking in 2024 and hoping it's a one year bump in the road.

Allen's accuracy was terrible in the NE game - probably his worst game of the season. Diggs snap count is also down. Joe Brady said they have made a concerted effort to reduce his snap count to keep him fresher. I also think he has some kind of injury - against the Chargers he took himself out after every catch where he took a hit, and most of his hits are normal football tackles - he very rarely gets drilled.

I think his attitude problem is overblown - it was certainly a big issue in the off season, but I don't see any indication of him not giving 100% during games. At times this season he was really the only Bills player trying to have a positive attitude and pump up the team (back when Josh Allen was trying to do his "low positive" approach).

Diggs is the kind of guy that if the team is losing and he doesn't get the ball, he will complain - a lot. When the team is winning, he doesn't mind not getting the ball (although of course he still wants it, he's just happy to have teammates share the glory). I get the feeling he is blaming himself more for his lack of production than anybody else, at least this season. Last season he clearly thought the problem was elsewhere.

As I said before, the offense is much different now than in the early part of the season. BUF is throwing less, running more and using Davis or Shakir as the deep ball and Diggs mostly gets underneath passes (and is competing with Kincaid, Cook and Knox for those targets). Teams focused on him in the early part of the season and Diggs was great, so I don't think teams are all of sudden now trying to shut him down. Hard to be a WR1 (or even a WR2) when all your targets are within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and Allen likes to run the ball near the goalline. It's also hard to continue to be a WR1 when your target share goes down. 1st half of the year Diggs had a 31% target share. 2nd half of the year DIggs' target share is 24% while BUF has 11% less pass attempts (the reduction is more if you take out Allen's 52 attempts in week 12). Allen is spreading the ball around more.

They should just trade him and get what they can. But they will probably have to eat some of the contract to do a deal, not sure how it's structured. With Diggs petulant behavior, I think BUF is going to want to move on. They can be successful centering their offense around the run and playing good defense.
These two replies are my thoughts as well on Diggs performance. Watching him actually play, he doesn't look to me to have lost a step at all really. He's continually running tight routes and generating separation, even against top flight corners. But they changed the offensive scheme, and unfortunately for Diggs' fantasy owners, it's helping the offense. Allen bombing it to him 10 times a game was not good for the goal of making the playoffs and competing for a SB. As a self-interested fantasy owner, I do hope they let him walk, because it's clear the direction the offense is heading will cap his usage/scoring and it's also working for them.

I honestly think his prima donna thing is overblown quite a bit. I could very well have missed or be overlooking some report along the way, but I haven't read or heard about anything he's actually done this entire season. His brother made an offhand comment on social media, whom he does not control. And he shows emotion on the sidelines. That is always who he's been, and honestly, I'd rather have someone who gives a crap than someone who puts on Eli Manning face every time they hit the sidelines, but this is admittedly just personal preference. Either way, looking at it objectively (as well as listening to what Diggs/coaches/players say about it) it almost always seems to be about losing. When the team wins, I've seen nothing of the sort. To me, that's a oceans length away from someone like E Moore last year who was crying because of his usage despite the team winning games, and/or someone who makes negative/distracting comments directly to the media in post game interviews or through social media. I get it, most people want every football player to be a Larry Fitz and carry themselves similarly. They aren't. And regardless, it feels like it carries a heavy personal bias. Buff fans don't care when the team is winning, and fantasy managers don't care when he's putting up 25+ pts every week; they only seem to gripe he's a diva when the reverse of those things are true. IMO, that's a "you" problem, not a Diggs problem.

I've come around on Diggs, but I get how his constant chirping could be annoying to a veteran QB. Yeah, I get it, you're open on every play. You don't need to tell me every single time we're on the sideline. He's a passionate guy, seems like an incredible teammate, and is one of the best clutch players in the league. If the season is on the line and it's third and 8, if you call a play for him to go up and get it, he'll go up and get it.

It would be interesting to see if he would help or hurt a young QB (B Young?) if he got dealt.

I've come around on Diggs, but I get how his constant chirping could be annoying to a veteran QB. Yeah, I get it, you're open on every play. You don't need to tell me every single time we're on the sideline. He's a passionate guy, seems like an incredible teammate, and is one of the best clutch players in the league. If the season is on the line and it's third and 8, if you call a play for him to go up and get it, he'll go up and get it.

It would be interesting to see if he would help or hurt a young QB (B Young?) if he got dealt.
I don't have any doubt that Diggs helps whatever QB is playing with him. Look at Josh Allen's completion % before he got Diggs and after. Allen efficiency took a huge leap. Allen deserves credit for improving himself independant of Diggs, but I think Diggs had a lot to do with Allen's improvement.

Diggs helped every QB he played with prior to this look better than they are without him as well. Case Keenum big pay day in no small part because of Diggs.

That said Diggs does want the ball and if he isn't getting the ball he isn't happy about it because he is winning his assignments too often. He forced his way out of the Vikings because coaching philosophy was not going to throw the ball enough.

This is good and bad. You want your WR to always want the ball and if they are open as much as Diggs is its justifiable for them to demand the ball more. The bad part is that Diggs is arrogant and his attitude does create rifts between him and coaches and team mates. I remember listening to one of the Vikings WR coaches being mic'd up in practice and the coach is sarcastically calling Diggs a super star before Diggs runs his rep. Diggs is so good the coach wasn't just praising Diggs here but I got the sense that the WR coach kind of resented Diggs based on his comment. Like he felt Diggs wasn't open to his coaching or something. That Diggs was so good the coach had nothing to offer Diggs. I forget the coaches name at the moment but this coach also worked with Jerry Rice. The attitude of the coaches comment definitely struck a chord with me.

So I do think there is something to Diggs attitude and relationships with coaches and players, justifiable or not, Diggs could be more humble.

George Stewart is the WR coach I am referring to here.

Last edited:
So, what happened here ?

New OC didn't like him? Undisclosed injury? Father Time ?
All fair questions. Have to wonder if he’s going to make some noise about wanting to leave as he seemed to do not too long ago. Something isn’t right there.

So, what happened here ?

I think Diggs is just one of those guys that needs the situation to be right for him or his play suffers.

I believe if he went to a new team and was the unquestioned alpha receiver, with an average or better qb he would be the Diggs of last year for a couple years before he would wear out his welcome again.

So, what happened here ?

I think Diggs is just one of those guys that needs the situation to be right for him or his play suffers.

I believe if he went to a new team and was the unquestioned alpha receiver, with an average or better qb he would be the Diggs of last year for a couple years before he would wear out his welcome again.
But isn’t that the exact situation he’s in now? Haha

He had 8 targets. Which isn't awful. But for a guy that's routinely gotten 10+ during his tenure in Buffalo...it's significant.

I do think the offense changed to force feed him the ball less. Whether that's the new OC or the team being fed up with him. I do wonder if news will come out that he's been dealing with an injury that's affected his play.

From a fantasy standpoint, he scares the hell out of me going into next season. He's already 30. Will turn 31 during the next season. He has this HUGE drop off in the 2nd half of this year. I would be terrified he burns me.

Doing rough re-draft rankings: I've got him at WR21, and that feels too high. I'll probably avoid him unless his ADP is like the 7th or 8th round.

So, what happened here ?

But isn’t that the exact situation he’s in now? Haha

Yeah, but after a while it is like he gets sick of the same situation with the same people. Think of Terrell Owen's, but not nearly as verbal about it.

Watching him run routes, I don’t see any physical drop off. Still seems quick out of breaks and his speed is fine. Something is just off with his connection with Allen. The entire passing game really. Virtually nothing down the field to anyone.

Looks like his contract will keep him in Buffalo next year. Early mocks I’ve seen have him late 2nd next year. Doubt Davis is back next year as someone will overpay for him as happens with WRs. Think Shakir is better anyway.

He is a good candidate to draft, take two months of top numbers then trade. He drops off big time in the back half of the year.

Hoping we get news he is injured. It costs the Bills too much to move him in 2024 and they are already over the cap.

Watching him run routes, I don’t see any physical drop off. Still seems quick out of breaks and his speed is fine. Something is just off with his connection with Allen. The entire passing game really. Virtually nothing down the field to anyone.

Looks like his contract will keep him in Buffalo next year. Early mocks I’ve seen have him late 2nd next year. Doubt Davis is back next year as someone will overpay for him as happens with WRs. Think Shakir is better anyway.
Lotta drops in the 2nd half of the season, and none more costly than the bomb last night. I do wonder if that back injury he suffered against the Bengals lingered a bit and he played through it, but if not I'd say he may have lost a little.

Still think he's a #1 WR, but more in the lower end at this point.

Lotta drops in the 2nd half of the season, and none more costly than the bomb last night. I do wonder if that back injury he suffered against the Bengals lingered a bit and he played through it, but if not I'd say he may have lost a little.

Still think he's a #1 WR, but more in the lower end at this point.
As posted on another thread, he was way out in front of the defense for an easy 60 yards plus TD last week and Allen airmailed it over his head. Works both way. Something is just off between them. Diggs has been open a lot and Allen targets his other receivers. Part of Diggs frustration.

He had 8 drops in the regular season this year which is the same as 2022 and 2020. Had 5 in 2021. Drop rate pretty similar to the rest of his career. My guess is more drops the 2nd half of season is pretty common as weather worsens but didn’t take the time to confirm that.

I'm sure he'll go in 3rd or 4th rounds of fantasy drafts next year but I'm not touching him with a ten foot pole. With his 2nd half drop-off plus the emergence of Cook and Kincaid I just don't see the upside anymore.

I think the Bills would be wise to move off of Diggs. I think the last two months showed that the Bills offense is more efficient when running the ball more and spreading it around in the passing game. Just like Mahomes the last two seasons and Lamar now, Josh Allen is great enough to where he doesn't need a stud WR to be great. Surround him with a bunch of good WRs who are good buys when it comes to contracts and the offense will be better for it.

And then Diggs can go elsewhere and be happy getting his 100 catches on a 7-10 team.

2020 was exceptional with 127 catches on 166 targets. Last 3 years have been in 105 catch range on the same amount of targets. Everything has been consistent which is why I am surprised people are talking about a physical drop off. I know age 30 is always a red flag, but don’t see it here. Just like I don’t see it with Keenon Allen.

2020 was exceptional with 127 catches on 166 targets. Last 3 years have been in 105 catch range on the same amount of targets. Everything has been consistent which is why I am surprised people are talking about a physical drop off. I know age 30 is always a red flag, but don’t see it here. Just like I don’t see it with Keenon Allen.
Tale of 2 halves of the season:

1st 9 games: 70 catches(7.78/game), 834 yards (92.67 yards per game), 7 TD's (0.78/game)

The next 8 games: 37 catches(4.63/game), 349 yards (43.63/game), 1 TD (0.13/game).

That fall off midway through the season is the red flag.

Tale of 2 halves of the season:

1st 9 games: 70 catches(7.78/game), 834 yards (92.67 yards per game), 7 TD's (0.78/game)

The next 8 games: 37 catches(4.63/game), 349 yards (43.63/game), 1 TD (0.13/game).

That fall off midway through the season is the red flag.
Wasn't that about the time they switched offensive coordinators?

Also, It was similar last season. A significant drop off after week 9. So I guess it should have been a red flag then too.

Users who are viewing this thread