What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

It's hard to believe a fifth rounder has the type of talent that people are raving about. I'm excited that he could be an out-of-nowhere guy like Chad Johnson but also apprehensive given the offense he is in and that teams have yet to adjust.

Curious to see the next couple games with some tape out on him now and how the target distribution shakes out.

It's hard to believe a fifth rounder has the type of talent that people are raving about. I'm excited that he could be an out-of-nowhere guy like Chad Johnson but also apprehensive given the offense he is in and that teams have yet to adjust.

Curious to see the next couple games with some tape out on him now and how the target distribution shakes out.
Not that it really matters much, but Chad Johnson was an early 2nd round pick and was projected as a likely 1st rounder before he bombed at the combine.

Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder. This #### happens all the time. Not sure why is hard to believe

He was pretty highly touted coming out of high school. He was right there next to DGB as one of the top WR recruits in the country that year. He's not really an out of nowhere guy; just finally staying healthy and putting it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a subscriber to FBGs, read Waldman's Gut Check article from this week. Some serious catnip for anyone that's rostered Diggs.
Waldman offered me a 1st RD pick in a 16 team dynasty league we are in together for Diggs.

(I stole Diggs for a 3rd RD compensation week 1 from a different owner who drafted him in the 4th RD of our rookie draft)

I declined the offer

If you are a subscriber to FBGs, read Waldman's Gut Check article from this week. Some serious catnip for anyone that's rostered Diggs.
Waldman offered me a 1st RD pick in a 16 team dynasty league we are in together for Diggs.

(I stole Diggs for a 3rd RD compensation week 1 from a different owner who drafted him in the 4th RD of our rookie draft)

I declined the offer
Wow thank you for that! I love hearing about player values, and especially when its people who I follow and articles I read.

Would you mind explaining the compensation/scenario?

I declined the offer
Wow thank you for that! I love hearing about player values, and especially when its people who I follow and articles I read.

This league has a TAXI squad for rookies only. You can allocate 3 rookies each year to the taxi squad.

Any rookie you place on TAXI squad before the season starts, stays there. You are unable to start them unless you roster them.

While they are on the TAXI squad any owner can make a claim to "steal" them from you.

When the claim is made the owner decides to either roster the player or take the compensation and a "trade" is made.

The compensation is basically 1 RD higher then you drafted said player.

Diggs was taken in the 4th so I had to pay a 2016 3rd.

If you put an undrafted player on the taxi, he is worth a 2016 5th and if you took Kevin White in the 1st and placed him on TAXI, his compensation would be a 2016 1st AND 2nd.

I am in 2 leagues like this.

16 team IDP dynasty leagues.

Coincidentally, I stole Diggs in both leagues after week 1 for a 3rd. Figured I'd take a chance on him.

Waldman has never been afraid to pay a higher price for something he wants but even I was a bit surprised to see his offer.

I was very close to accepting and basically flipping a 3rd RD pick to a 1st in a few weeks....but Diggs looks to be the real deal.

We'll see....

Just wanted to throw out the offer I received to give an idea of his going value.

I've been getting offers in multiple leagues for him. On a rebuild, I could take profit off the table for a 1st plus. But he will be 22 next month and has flashed already (plus a little down on 2016 rookies). That is the type of player I like to build with.

If contending, I wouldn't count on him more than a WR3. Maybe package to get a proven veteran from a rebuilder.

Ymmv

I declined the offer

This league has a TAXI squad for rookies only. You can allocate 3 rookies each year to the taxi squad.

Any rookie you place on TAXI squad before the season starts, stays there. You are unable to start them unless you roster them.

While they are on the TAXI squad any owner can make a claim to "steal" them from you.

When the claim is made the owner decides to either roster the player or take the compensation and a "trade" is made.

The compensation is basically 1 RD higher then you drafted said player.

Diggs was taken in the 4th so I had to pay a 2016 3rd.

If you put an undrafted player on the taxi, he is worth a 2016 5th and if you took Kevin White in the 1st and placed him on TAXI, his compensation would be a 2016 1st AND 2nd.

I am in 2 leagues like this.

16 team IDP dynasty leagues.

Coincidentally, I stole Diggs in both leagues after week 1 for a 3rd. Figured I'd take a chance on him.

Waldman has never been afraid to pay a higher price for something he wants but even I was a bit surprised to see his offer.

I was very close to accepting and basically flipping a 3rd RD pick to a 1st in a few weeks....but Diggs looks to be the real deal.

We'll see....

Just wanted to throw out the offer I received to give an idea of his going value.
Thanks for sharing!

How long before teams starting treating him like a #1 and rolling coverage? Too soon?

Also start 2:

Cobb, Moncrief, Snead, Diggs

My WR's :yucky:

How long before teams starting treating him like a #1 and rolling coverage? Too soon?

Also start 2:

Cobb, Moncrief, Snead, Diggs

My WR's :yucky:
1) This isn't even thinly veiled start/sit advice. Take that ish to AC

2) Your WRs aren't going to win a league on their own, but a pretty good group.

Here's an interesting read

"Diggs has been impressive since he got here," Turner said. "I'm going to slow that down, he's got a lot of work to do. We went in and played a man [coverage] team and put in a couple routes they'd never seen us run and he did a good job running them. I think he caught four balls in the first quarter. He's going to be a real good player. He just has a lot of work to do."

"The good thing about him is, he understands that. And that's the way he approaches it and he comes in here every day with a mindset he's going to get better."

"There's a reason he was a fifth-round pick," Turner said. "He had injuries in college his last year, he had some inconsistencies. one of the things when we got him here was we made it clear to him he needs to overcome those inconsistencies if he's going to make it. And he's worked hard to do it."

"He's played in two games," Turner said when asked what Diggs needs to improve. "Everything. He needs to work on his route running, recognition of defense, continue to emphasize ball security. There's a lot of things he can get better at. Obviously we're excited about having him here, and we like the upside he has.

"He had an opportunity because of injury, he came in and made the most of it."

"Diggs has been impressive since he got here," Turner said. "I'm going to slow that down, he's got a lot of work to do. We went in and played a man [coverage] team and put in a couple routes they'd never seen us run and he did a good job running them. I think he caught four balls in the first quarter. He's going to be a real good player. He just has a lot of work to do."

"The good thing about him is, he understands that. And that's the way he approaches it and he comes in here every day with a mindset he's going to get better."

"There's a reason he was a fifth-round pick," Turner said. "He had injuries in college his last year, he had some inconsistencies. one of the things when we got him here was we made it clear to him he needs to overcome those inconsistencies if he's going to make it. And he's worked hard to do it."

"He's played in two games," Turner said when asked what Diggs needs to improve. "Everything. He needs to work on his route running, recognition of defense, continue to emphasize ball security. There's a lot of things he can get better at. Obviously we're excited about having him here, and we like the upside he has.

It would not surprise me if Norv screws this up. He makes it sound like his scheming has been the prime reason for Diggs' success. Where's Mike Wallace and Charles Johnson been at all year? What about Diggs' game against the one of the league's best secondaries in the Broncos? :shrug:

Minny homer here, and disappointed I didn't pick him up as a free agent in my league before last week's game. Thought about it but thought I'd wait a week. After last week's blow up, he wasn't available.

My opinion, he will be the top guy to own on the Vikes rest of season. Tempering that, the Vikes just don't throw that much and Bridgewater spreads it around. Probably WR 3/flex guy going forward, with chance to be a WR 2 if he and Teddy really click.

Guessing 50-75 rec yds/game, with a few big games and TD's sprinkled in rest of way. Wish I had him as a WR3/4 with upside if the Vikes passing game progresses.

This is either a) coachspeak in an attempt to keep Diggs hungry/keep the opposition on their toes or b) Norv is a ####### moron.

The only reasonable thing he said is that Diggs needs to work on ball security.

I am done defending coaches from comments by people in the SP for this season. I will just say this. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really think you know these players or the game of football better than these coaches do.

Now for some more cold water: Diggs could still be the next Patterson
I agree to an extent that coaches their stuff more than us for obvious reason but some coaches have also proven to us as viewers that they don't gameplan well, or they don't put their players in an ideal situation. Norv didn't play Mathews in SD to his ability for example. Some coaches just don't do well at adjusting to their players, and the good ones do. Norv has been in the league a long time, but he's never shown that ability to me. He's had great players in LT, Gates and never needed to "adjust" and scheme his way to wins and I think Diggs fits into what Norv wants more Norv is scheming his way to get Diggs more involved. Diggs fits in with the shorter passing game than the other WR's which fits into a good run game overall scheme of things. It's not a fact of "oh we have this guy whose good in the short area so let's play him more" thing IMO.

ran as WR4 in practice

Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was running as the No. 4 receiver in practice with WR Charles Johnson (ribs) back Thursday, Oct. 22. 'There's a reason he was a fifth-round pick,' head coach Norv Turner said. 'He had injuries in college his last year, he had some inconsistencies. one of the things when we got him here was we made it clear to him he needs to overcome those inconsistencies if he's going to make it. And he's worked hard to do it.'

ran as WR4 in practice

Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was running as the No. 4 receiver in practice with WR Charles Johnson (ribs) back Thursday, Oct. 22. 'There's a reason he was a fifth-round pick,' head coach Norv Turner said. 'He had injuries in college his last year, he had some inconsistencies. one of the things when we got him here was we made it clear to him he needs to overcome those inconsistencies if he's going to make it. And he's worked hard to do it.'
This has to be the dumbest crap ever! They gonna kill his spirit.

Only a matter of time IMO... Johnson has done nothing all year long. Wright is nothing special.

That said, I'd avoid Diggs this week unless more positive news comes out by Sunday.

This isn't a smoke screen. I think Charles Johnson retains starting role and they rotate diggs in. Tap the brakes on the breakout potential until Norv gets his head out of his ####.

I expect no more than 5-6 targets, around 60 yards and no tds.

Still play Diggs norv can try to hold him back but his talent won't be denied. Aqib Talib couldn't cover him I know those dime and nickel backs won't be able to

Jesus ##### Norv..... Who the EFF am i supposed to play at flex now?? Jordan Reed??
huh? Id play Reed at flex regardless
why would you play Reed over diggs?
cuz one is a proven stud te and the other is an unproven rookie who may or may not have a starting role. I'm starting reed at flex. My wr2 I'm debating snead and diggs
:loco:
Reed is a stud when he's on the field. His problem is injuries. But check his numbers on a per game basis. Probably a top 3 or 4 TE, numbers-wise.

Reed is a stud when he's on the field. His problem is injuries. But check his numbers on a per game basis. Probably a top 3 or 4 TE, numbers-wise.
Probably....except he's not. Finished # 9 in PPG in 2013, 18th in 2014, and is currently 7th this year.

I am done defending coaches from comments by people in the SP for this season. I will just say this. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really think you know these players or the game of football better than these coaches do.

The reason I know that article has to be crap before reading it is because Diggs can actually run routes and catch a football.

The reason I know that article has to be crap before reading it is because Diggs can actually run routes and catch a football.
Yeah, there's a pretty significant disparity between the way Patterson and Diggs created a buzz. While Patterson showcased his exceptional speed early on, getting open and learning the route tree were always a concern. That's obviously not an issue with Diggs in the early going.

Users who are viewing this thread