What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

with luck hitting his stride, i see ind making their sb push over the next few years.

i see hilton as a solid low wr1 for the next 3-5 years.

with my dyno team in the same boat im buying.  but what do i pay?
offer a single 1st and see what the other owner says.

As a Hilton dynasty owner in one ppr league, I wouldn't give him up for that since I'd rather have a "sure thing" borderline WR1/2 in Hilton, than a dart-throw 1st rounder, unless it's a very high 1st of course.

Adoree is an excellent learner. It stings to watch him take his lumps, but he should respond well here. 

Also, Byard has some history of covering slot and TEs so they could mix stuff up on Luck.

Speaking Tuesday, T.Y. Hilton said he was playing through a high-ankle sprain down the stretch last season.

This had been the rumor. Hilton also said he had a "low" sprain. His ankle first popped up as an issue heading into Week 15. He still managed to go 14/284 over the Colts' final three games, and had at least 60 yards in each of the Colts' two playoff contests. We are leery of talk of players playing through high-ankle sprains — it is extremely tough to do — but the reports have become more common in recent seasons. It is still typically an issue that costs multiple games, something that speaks to Hilton's toughness.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Apr 30, 2019, 2:13 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (ankle) will be limited during offseason workouts.

Hilton played through a high-ankle sprain down the stretch last year. He's still not 100 percent, so it makes sense for the Colts to move him slowly. Hilton should be fine for training camp.

SOURCE: 1070 The Fan

May 17, 2019, 5:10 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (ankle) was a full participant to start OTAs.

Hilton was expected to be limited during offseason workouts to give his ankle time to breathe, but The Athletic's Stephen Holder reports Hilton's ankle is all good to go. Despite playing through a high-ankle sprain last season, Hilton managed to average 90.7 receiving yards per game.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 1:48 PM ET

Pretty good chance he does, and almost no chance he holds it more than 1 more season.
Why?  Because Campbell replaces him as #1 or because Hilton is with another team?  I think Hilton is signed through 2020, but I have no idea if the Colts would look to keep him or if Campbell is good enough to surplant him.

Just based on age, I would expect Hilton to take a little step back next year where is more like mid level WR2.

The strength of Hilton's second half last year tells me he is definitely in the WR1 conversatio in 2019....particularly with only Funchess and a rookie as competition for WR targets.

Why?  Because Campbell replaces him as #1 or because Hilton is with another team?  I think Hilton is signed through 2020, but I have no idea if the Colts would look to keep him or if Campbell is good enough to surplant him.
He's aging, and he's never been particularly good at staying on the field to begin with.  Even in his WR1 seasons, he's disappeared for multiple-game stretches.  I expect those injuries to continue to pile up and cause him to miss time, and I expect those stretches of ineffectiveness to happen with greater frequency.  I love him for redraft this year, but I think you want to sell if you can in dynasty.

He's aging, and he's never been particularly good at staying on the field to begin with.  Even in his WR1 seasons, he's disappeared for multiple-game stretches.  I expect those injuries to continue to pile up and cause him to miss time, and I expect those stretches of ineffectiveness to happen with greater frequency.  I love him for redraft this year, but I think you want to sell if you can in dynasty.
He has missed 4 games in 7 years. 

Ilov80s said:
He has missed 4 games in 7 years. 
While I agree this is commendable, but there were many games he was not close to 100% out there.... more of a decoy or just going thru the motions to do what he could to help the team.  His "sub-par performance" upon return from injury might be more like 12-15 games in 7 years, but to be honest, I did not look up specific data to support this .... just going on old man memory. 

Kevin Bowen @KBowen1070 

Brissett to Hilton for a huge TD. 

Beautiful ball and somehow Hilton continues to get behind the entire defense. 

He’s looked like his normal Pro Bowl self this camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
T.Y. Hilton believes he's had the best training camp of his career.

Hilton has been a machine at Colts camp, securing all but one of his 30 targets this summer. That's mighty impressive considering he hasn't even played with first-string quarterback Andrew Luck, who remains sidelined with a nagging calf injury. Per beat writer Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star, "no one" on the Colts' offense has looked better than Hilton and "it's not close." Perennially among the top deep threats in the sport, Hilton remains in the WR1 discussion, even with lingering concerns over Luck's calf.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Aug 12, 2019, 11:11 AM ET

George Bremer @gmbremer

T.Y. Hilton has caught 29 passes in 30 targets in team drills during #Colts camp. The numbers provide tangible evidence of the high level of play the veteran WR has displayed, and they also set a standard for his young teammates to chase.

Could be a league winner as a WR2 this year.  The Colts are going to score a ton this year. 
I am always looking for "connected" players whose rankings don't seem to align. If you like Luck, you have to like someone he's throwing to. If you like a certain WR how do you hate the guy throwing the ball to him etc. Seems to be a certain amount of non sequitur stuff like that going on every year.

I'm forecasting doom and gloom for him this year. Not sure why, but my gut says stay away from this guy this year. Trading him away for Evan Engram in dynasty. Rather trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.

I'm forecasting doom and gloom for him this year. Not sure why, but my gut says stay away from this guy this year. Trading him away for Evan Engram in dynasty. Rather trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.
Whatever dude.

I like that trade for you though.

He's officially become the new Marvin Harrison.
Oh come on.

Harrison: WR1, WR3, WR1, WR1, WR5, WR5, WR9, WR1

Hilton: WR23, WR21, WR10, WR22, WR5, WR24, WR15

He’s a highly reliable WR2 and durable - has only missed 4 games in 7 years. IDK why I thought he’d been hurt more, seems like he was often on the injury list with some GTD.

Hes ranked ECR WR11 (24th) and an ADP of 27, which is somewhat optimistic given he’s only had 140+ targets once, has never exceeded 91 receptions or 7 TDS. VG player & def as safe an option as you’ll find late 2nd/early 3rd. Rare player with few negatives or possible concerns.

I don’t think he’s vastly underrated or underdrafted; in fact he seems to be going precisely where he should be drafted.

I think people look at the roster and see a rookie  WR plus a veteran WR who has murder holes where his hands should be, & think “OMG there’s no one else to throw to! He’s gonna dominate.” But that’s normal for the Colts; since Reggie Wayne retired, the WR2 has always had weak production in Indy (Dorsett, Moncrief, Rogers.)

I came in to reply about Marvin vs. TY in a different way.  They are completely different type of receivers.  

The only way I see them similar is that TY is the go to WR nowadays like Marvin used to be.  

Marvin was a chain mover and technician.  TY is speed demon.

Oh come on.

Harrison: WR1, WR3, WR1, WR1, WR5, WR5, WR9, WR1

Hilton: WR23, WR21, WR10, WR22, WR5, WR24, WR15

He’s a highly reliable WR2 and durable - has only missed 4 games in 7 years. IDK why I thought he’d been hurt more, seems like he was often on the injury list with some GTD.

Hes ranked ECR WR11 (24th) and an ADP of 27, which is somewhat optimistic given he’s only had 140+ targets once, has never exceeded 91 receptions or 7 TDS. VG player & def as safe an option as you’ll find late 2nd/early 3rd. Rare player with few negatives or possible concerns.

I don’t think he’s vastly underrated or underdrafted; in fact he seems to be going precisely where he should be drafted.

I think people look at the roster and see a rookie  WR plus a veteran WR who has murder holes where his hands should be, & think “OMG there’s no one else to throw to! He’s gonna dominate.” But that’s normal for the Colts; since Reggie Wayne retired, the WR2 has always had weak production in Indy (Dorsett, Moncrief, Rogers.)
Didn't realize I needed the sarcasm emoji.  :D

It was a tongue-in-cheek allusion to all the years Marvin Harrison was always underdrafted/ranekd because he was so safe and boring and everyone would always go on about how underrated he was. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers it that way?  :confused:

Didn't realize I needed the sarcasm emoji.  :D

It was a tongue-in-cheek allusion to all the years Marvin Harrison was always underdrafted/ranekd because he was so safe and boring and everyone would always go on about how underrated he was. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers it that way?  :confused:
I’m having a hard time remembering what I had for lunch yesterday.

I came in to reply about Marvin vs. TY in a different way.  They are completely different type of receivers.  

The only way I see them similar is that TY is the go to WR nowadays like Marvin used to be.  

Marvin was a chain mover and technician.  TY is speed demon.
Marvin Harrison had elite level speed.

I am always looking for "connected" players whose rankings don't seem to align. If you like Luck, you have to like someone he's throwing to. If you like a certain WR how do you hate the guy throwing the ball to him etc. Seems to be a certain amount of non sequitur stuff like that going on every year.
Agreed. Luck is going to support two startable TEs this year too.  

Hilton  played hurt most of last year and started to produce big time as he and Luck got healthy.  

I’m targeting him in all leagues.  He will finish top 10 if he stays healthy imo.  

Edit: by “all” leagues I mean both leagues.  Lol.  

Marvin Harrison had elite level speed.
maybe I just remember his latter years, but I never remember him for burning defenders.  I saw he was hand timed at 4.29 40 which is elite.

He caught everything and was very reliable.

Again, I am not that old and may more remember his latter years in the league.

maybe I just remember his latter years, but I never remember him for burning defenders.  I saw he was hand timed at 4.29 40 which is elite.

He caught everything and was very reliable.

Again, I am not that old and may more remember his latter years in the league.
He definitely did not have elite level speed.  He was the best route runner and had the best hands.  He also shared a brain with Peyton.  

Mad good as Harrison was, I will always have him a tier just under T.O. And Moss. Because he played his whole career with Manning (in his prime).  Which is unfair.  

But if T.O. Played 8 years with prime Manning Rice’s records would be in trouble.  Assuming he didn’t blow up the locker room. 

Not doing 20 spots but he went from the guy that could have put your team over the top to the guy that will give you about what you expect- he's probably good enough to flash frustrating glimpses of what could have ... To 17 or so instead of being a dark horse to be top 3.  

Not doing 20 spots but he went from the guy that could have put your team over the top to the guy that will give you about what you expect- he's probably good enough to flash frustrating glimpses of what could have ... To 17 or so instead of being a dark horse to be top 3.  
He was going around mid 30's spot around Diggs and Cooper, loved him there with Luck. I'm dropping him to Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley level which seems to be around mid 50's.

He was going around mid 30's spot around Diggs and Cooper, loved him there with Luck. I'm dropping him to Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley level which seems to be around mid 50's.
Loses Luck and he's getting older. If it takes them 3 years to figure out the qb spot it really destroys his value. I haven't watched Brissett much but he better be decent. 

Same.

2017 (57-966-4) is on the table. Don’t need that kind of risk in the third round.

Users who are viewing this thread