What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tee Higgins, CIN (2 Viewers)

If the Bengals do entertain offers I could see the Pats getting involved...their #2 is the second pick in that round so that's a pretty good starting point.
As a Bengals fan who has Higgins in dynasty, please don't make me puke 😅
The good news is they have limited weapons so as long as it is PPR you will be good because he will end up with 130-750-2.

Sounds like a squeeze play. Tee just wants to be locked up long-term. Tryina force their hand.

There are a lot of ways to structure a contract - I’d ve willing to bet the bengals get it done.

Sounds like a squeeze play. Tee just wants to be locked up long-term. Tryina force their hand.

There are a lot of ways to structure a contract - I’d ve willing to bet the bengals get it done.

But according to reports, his agents have heard absolutely nothing, and seen no effort at all from CIN to try and tie him up long term. Hence the ask for the trade.

But according to reports, his agents have heard absolutely nothing, and seen no effort at all from CIN to try and tie him up long term. Hence the ask for the trade.
Yep, Bengals seem like they would rather pay him this number for a year, and see about next.

Tee is doing what he should be doing. I would expect a late training camp arrival, if not traded.

Yep, that always seemed like their preferred plan to before Burrows number goes up and they got to deal with Chase.

Tobin's comments a few weeks ago make me think they'd deal him if the right deal comes along, but Mike Brown don't budge if he don't want to do it.

I hope he's not traded just so we can get a few months of Tee Higgins at a discount while some people freak out that someone would be dumb enough to pull a Leveon Bell. Spoiler alert, he won't.

Yep, that always seemed like their preferred plan to before Burrows number goes up and they got to deal with Chase.

Tobin's comments a few weeks ago make me think they'd deal him if the right deal comes along, but Mike Brown don't budge if he don't want to do it.

I hope he's not traded just so we can get a few months of Tee Higgins at a discount while some people freak out that someone would be dumb enough to pull a Leveon Bell. Spoiler alert, he won't.
I have two people in one of my league sniffing around for Higgins right now. The sharks are smelling blood in the water. I’m not selling low, but I found that interesting.

I have two people in one of my league sniffing around for tea Higgins right now. The sharks are smelling blood in the water. I’m not selling low, but I found that interesting.

I tried to get him last summer for a 1, got turned down.
short term happy w that... but right now, I wouldnt offer a 1st, just because I dont know where he ends up. going from Burrow to who? that's a risk in my book

Bengals will let him play out the tag and get the compensatory pic when leaves most likely. With that said, the compensatory formula changed apparently and teams are not getting what they used to. Also, if free agency goes well Bengals can draft a WR and then trade Tee then. They have Chase to deal with

short term happy w that... but right now, I wouldnt offer a 1st, just because I dont know where he ends up. going from Burrow to who? that's a risk in my book
I was offered a 2024 early 2nd + 3rd and I turned it down.

I think being on another team potentially improves his stock since he’d likely be 1st in line for targets instead of 2nd behind Chase.

at worst it’s a wash - lose a little at QB, gain a little with larger target share.

I have two people in one of my league sniffing around for tea Higgins right now. The sharks are smelling blood in the water. I’m not selling low, but I found that interesting.

I'll take the anticipated volume and not worry about it.

Tyreek was better without Mahomes in fantasy. The WR who really hammered this to me was Vincent Jackson who was better in fantasy after he left Rivers and had a Glennon and that QB out of Kansas whose name I'm forgetting, Josh something I think, big guy built like Big Ben who was sorry.

I don’t think there’s a single team that he could go to where I wouldn’t happily still give a 1st for him. Even if it’s a bad team with a bad QB, he’s likely the alpha, and volume is fantastic still for FF.

I don’t think there’s a single team that he could go to where I wouldn’t happily still give a 1st for him. Even if it’s a bad team with a bad QB, he’s likely the alpha, and volume is fantastic still for FF.

I'm a big fan, hence my offering a 1 last yr... but there are a couple WR needy teams w absolute hot trash at QB, that I might prefer waiting it out...
and also because it's the 3 pick. and Im not giving that up

Personally I think there are a number of spots better than the Bengals. Give me definitive #1 status in the WR room with average QB over hanging out behind superstar WR with superstar QB.

I'm a big fan, hence my offering a 1 last yr... but there are a couple WR needy teams w absolute hot trash at QB, that I might prefer waiting it out...
and also because it's the 3 pick. and Im not giving that up
I’d pay a 1st for Higgins.

I would not accept less than a 1st for Higgins.

Bengals will let him play out the tag and get the compensatory pic when leaves most likely. With that said, the compensatory formula changed apparently and teams are not getting what they used to. Also, if free agency goes well Bengals can draft a WR and then trade Tee then. They have Chase to deal with
The formula was tweaked in 2020 but is mostly similar. The free agent contracts that got handed out in recent years have gone way up. As a refresher, there are two main components to the compensatory pick process. The first is net free agent gains and losses to the team. If the Bengals signed comparable free agents (or multiple free agents), that would cancel out the loss of Higgins and they could end up with nothing. If they didn't really sign any notable free agents, the next determining factor would be AAV of the contracts that were signed. If there are a few mega contracts that got signed (say QB, OT, edge rushers) that offseason, even a decent sized contract could only net a 4th round pick. For example, in the upcoming draft, SF only got a 4th round pick from Jimmy Garoppolo signing with LV (at $24.25M a year). There are some other secret sauce considerations like playing time and performance that sometimes get considered or could be used as tiebreakers. Teams also get third round compensatory picks for minority coaching hires by other franchises. IMO, the chatter about teams recouping a third-round compensatory pick down the round has been bandied about for a long time by fans and the media, but I don't think things usually played out that way as often as people think it did.

Bills or Falcons would be interesting.
Falcons can't possibly spend a billion dollars on QB, WR, WR, TE, RB though can they?

As a Diggs owner I would love a Buffalo destination for Higgins. Have to imagine he and Josh would like that too. It would at the very least lead me to believe their offensive scheme changes later in the season won't be permanent, which is more of a worry for me than any kind of supposed Diggs decline.

If he lands in Atl.... on paper I'd start to think they'd have one of the best offensive skill groups of all time sans the QB obviously. Up there with '04 Colts, '96 49ers, '99 Rams, etc.

As a Diggs owner I would love a Buffalo destination for Higgins. Have to imagine he and Josh would like that too. It would at the very least lead me to believe their offensive scheme changes later in the season won't be permanent, which is more of a worry for me than any kind of supposed Diggs decline.

If he lands in Atl.... on paper I'd start to think they'd have one of the best offensive skill groups of all time sans the QB obviously. Up there with '04 Colts, '96 49ers, '99 Rams, etc.
For the 5 games his hammy holds up, I agree.

I'd expect Buffalo to be very active adding WR's because while things can change it certainly looks like the Bills are trying to give themselves the option to have this be Diggs last season with them.

I'd expect Buffalo to be very active adding WR's because while things can change it certainly looks like the Bills are trying to give themselves the option to have this be Diggs last season with them.
Like KC, I have a very hard time seeing Cinci deal Higgins to an AFC rival and potential playoff opponent. To me the Chiefs & Bills are very unlikely landing spots.

Like KC, I have a very hard time seeing Cinci deal Higgins to an AFC rival and potential playoff opponent. To me the Chiefs & Bills are very unlikely landing spots.

I do not disagree and would add Higgins won't be going anywhere unless Mike Brown gets exactly what he wants in return, he's as stubborn as it gets. No discounts for unhappy players on his team.

I would be surprised if the Bengals traded Higgins at all. If the Bengals do trade Higgins it will not be a soft trade. You are not buying low because you think the Bengals have to trade an unhappy player who wants to be traded. The Bengals do not operate like that. Mike Brown has less control than years past but that influence is still there. This will change in time but I would have a heart attack Sanford and Son style. (for you all old enough) if the Bengals traded Higgins for anything less than an overpay compensation package.

The Bills and Chiefs are most definitely out. NFC teams would be the arrow to point to.

I think the Bengals want another shot at running it back one more year and tagging Higgins was for that purpose. I imagine they tried convincing Higgins he can increase his market next year by playing and showing teams he is healthy on top of being very good. I'm guessing Higgins does not want to take the injury chance and what if the Bengals do not perform well on the field or Burrow gets hurt AGAIN? Higgins is ready to stand on his current body of work and get a nice contract instead of taking those risks. I don't blame him but the Bengals I know won't do that however the Bengal's operation has changed a lot since Mike Brown has gotten much older and Katie Blackburn seems to be in much more control.

If they wanted to extend Higgins they could have done that already. I don't buy they wanted to tag and give the negotiations more time to extend Higgins. It is a one-and-done. Higgins and his people know this. Katie Blackburn is very much in control of that part of the business. Some team will need to convince the Bengals to trade Higgins. It won't be Higgins and his people doing the convincing.

no one is going to pay up for a guy they can get for "nothing" next season. you'll likely end up paying the same yearly price, minus giving up a 1/2. and the cap will increase 20-30M like it tends to do now.

Higgins, IMO, isnt the kinda guy with the leverage to sit out or hold out or whatever.
And the Bengals likely wouldnt cave.
So, I see it as he's for sure playing from week 1, in case anyone had doubts there.
Anything can happen of course, there's never a shortage of stupidity, but I see a 99% chance he's full go right away.

no one is going to pay up for a guy they can get for "nothing" next season. you'll likely end up paying the same yearly price, minus giving up a 1/2. and the cap will increase 20-30M like it tends to do now.
The Bengals window is now. They are still in Super Bowl window. I think the main goal of the Bengals is to keep Higgins for this year and I think they are okay with letting him walk and getting nothing for him as long as they can have him for this season. The Bengals would be happy with no teams wanting Higgins now and getting him for a high-dollar contract in free agency next year. The trick is convincing Higgins it is also something he should want and be willing to do. It looks like Higgins might disagree.

It looks like Higgins might disagree.
It's March. No player likes getting tagged anyway, not exactly a surprise. Obviously hed rather have a 100 million guaranteed NOW over MAYBE 115 million guaranteed next year. Who wouldnt?

It looks like Higgins might disagree.
It's March. No player likes getting tagged anyway, not exactly a surprise. Obviously hed rather have a 100 million guaranteed NOW over MAYBE 115 million guaranteed next year. Who wouldnt?
That and the idea you risk a lot more with injury and being a year further down the road in your career.

Higgins, IMO, isnt the kinda guy with the leverage to sit out or hold out or whatever.
What do you mean?

Unless he gets traded then teams are still going to throw large chunks of $$$$ @ him in FA next year. I mean, some team might say "well he didn't play in '24, he has a bad additude. I'm out." Unless he thinks that the Bengals can SB then I don't see why he'd want to play for a team that he doesn't want to be on. or is this just a bluff to try to get the Bengals to give him a long term deal?

My assumption, is that the Bengals are in win now mode and/or this is an attempt at a sign and trade deal. Personally, I thought it was rather risky to pay a guy 21 million and then try to find a trade partner.

Maybe he just goes "I'll honor my contract even though I'm unhappy." and just plays and the Bengals will do right by him* and trade him or let him explore FA next year.

I know a lot of you will say that the NFL is bussiness and thus the Bengals aren't in the wrong to try to win with him/try to get something from trading him and sure, I can get that but if this isn't a bluff from Higgins I kinda do think the Bengals are not the good guys here.

I don't really agree with this...any trade would most likely come with an extension which means you have him locked in as opposed to him hitting the open market where anything is possible.

If so, then the Bengals will look odd without Boyd, Higgins, and Mixon.
Burrow's been blessed with some excellent wideouts and ....it'll be interesting

Moving Tee vs having him on the tag for this year will take a heavier price than teams will want to pay IMO. Akin to what is called a self-rental by hockey teams at the trade deadline.

Main reason is this is a very deep WR draft pool - teams will feel less pressure to buy and Bengals won't just give him away.

Most likely time a deal would happen probably is draft day especially if a team misses on getting a coveted WR.
-QG

Moving Tee vs having him on the tag for this year will take a heavier price than teams will want to pay IMO. Akin to what is called a self-rental by hockey teams at the trade deadline.

Main reason is this is a very deep WR draft pool - teams will feel less pressure to buy and Bengals won't just give him away.

Most likely time a deal would happen probably is draft day especially if a team misses on getting a coveted WR.
-QG
If a team misses in the draft and wants to trade the Bengals will have had to already taken a WR so they have a replacement.

This is going to be the most fascinating draft of all time. On top of the individual placement of draftees and possible trading of draft positions, there are multiple receivers looking for big contracts that could possibly be moved for the right price.

LOL that's the 2nd big name today to be asked to be traded out of Cinci. Brown is a notorious cheapskate, so it makes sense.
In a deep WR draft why would anyone give anything substantial for Higgins or Aiyuk?
I think the fact that you know what you’re getting versus the unknown is certainly a factor. Deep draft or not, none of these prospects have proven anything on the NFL field and there is no guarantee they reach a Aiyuk/Higgins level of play.

Users who are viewing this thread