What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (7 Viewers)

I gotta think (especially if the prognosis on Mahomes is bad) that they'll change things up and scheme easier ways to get their biggest playmaker more touches. More jet sweeps, more slants and screens, etc.
I concur.  

'Reek is the Chiefs' most explosive player, and Andy Reid is going to have to manufacture ways to get him the ball.   

I concur.  

'Reek is the Chiefs' most explosive player, and Andy Reid is going to have to manufacture ways to get him the ball.   
Which has never been one of Andy's deficiencies during his coaching tenure. He always finds a way to get the ball heavily into his best players hands. Prior to the injury, the lead dog was Mahomes. I'd think Kelce gets a slight boost to his currently uninspiring season (still a beast, just not as dominant weekly as we all thought) and hill's floor becomes a bit lower, but should sustain value in the top 15 WR, as long as Moore can be serviceable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Last night was actually a pretty good case study of what to expect. A lot of empty drives, but always the potential of a big play. Some games, you'll get it. Maybe once or twice, you'll get more than one and a monster score. But there will also be some weeks where he'll put up close to zero. 

The ceiling is still high but the floor just caved in.
Nope.  Andy knows how to get his best players touches, period.  He was great at getting Westbrook the ball in space when the oline was run-blocking deficient and he’ll design plays to get the ball in Hills hands now.

Yep. Last night was actually a pretty good case study of what to expect. A lot of empty drives, but always the potential of a big play. Some games, you'll get it. Maybe once or twice, you'll get more than one and a monster score. But there will also be some weeks where he'll put up close to zero. 

The ceiling is still high but the floor just caved in.
The pessimism on this forum is overwhelming sometimes. 

Matt Moore is one of the more capable backups in the nfl. 

coming into that game cold, he still managed to help Hill to a 3/76/1 line. And it’s not like Reid is going to quit taking shots downfield.

a week of practicing with the firsts will help timing a lot. Chiefs still aren’t great at running the football, and they will scheme to get the all into the hands of their best weapons.

last night the Broncos basically said “we’re not going to let THAT guy beat us, and they rolled a safety over to double him on almost every play (including, hilariously, once in the end zone when the DB & safety ran into each other covering Hill). That’s why Hardman & others were busting loose. 

and even with that extra attention Hill still got the 57 yard score. Reid isn’t going to stop taking shots downfield. 

I don’t see a whole lot of drop-off for Hill. 

Lol, no drop off for hill? 

this whole offense is going to drop off a cliff 

their schedule doesn’t get easier 

Lol, no drop off for hill? 

this whole offense is going to drop off a cliff 

their schedule doesn’t get easier 
True enough, but if everything from 2016 forward hasn't shown you that all it takes is one play for Hill to turn in a decent fantasy outing, then last night should have.

As long as the QB has an arm, there will be life in Hill.

Not sure I can say the same for the rest of the offense, and I think I've said that without Mahomes, we need to expect a drop-off in Hill.

This won't, however, IMHO, be a drastic change for Hill's ability to generate fantasy WR1 numbers. 

We'll see.

Split the difference between the doomsday preppers and the heads in the sand crew. Volatility way up, ceiling reduced. Floor became a trap door.

still an every week start and Mahomes will be back for the FF stretch run. Thems the breaks

Split the difference between the doomsday preppers and the heads in the sand crew. Volatility way up, ceiling reduced. Floor became a trap door.

still an every week start and Mahomes will be back for the FF stretch run. Thems the breaks
Fair. 

worth keeping in mind that Moore is a capable QB though.

i just read that he did what he did last night not only coming in cold, but having *never* practiced with the 1’s. 

so perhaps not “head in the sand” to suggest the offense might not be as hindered as say,  NYJ with their backups. 

I'm in a redraft league.  So trading Hill is not a real option.  Thankfully I don't share the doom and gloom of some here.  Yes, losing Mahomes is a downer and could reduce Hill's performance going forward.  But he is still an elite receiver in a team format and coaching system that will get him the ball.  He won't become Juju IMO.  

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-9 targets for 76 yards in Week 8 against the Packers.

Hill led the Chiefs in yards and targets. The deep shots weren’t there with Patrick Mahomes out, but he managed to get open for a 21-yard catch. With Mahomes potentially only missing one game, the big plays could be back for Hill next week. Hill has at least 70 yards or a touchdown since returning from his shoulder injury. He gets a matchup with Xavier Rhodes and the Vikings in Week 9.

Oct 28, 2019, 12:02 AM ET

didn't pop the big one last night but they certainly are trying to get him the ball.  and he looked fully healed.  should be money again when Mahomes returns.

Wasn't watching the game with high scrutiny on target share, but was surprised to read he led in targets as it seemed the ball was spread around a lot, and that Moore seemed to look to Sammy Watkins first.

Turns out he did lead targets with 9, but Kelce and Watkins both had 8.

Not sure I have a point other than I look forward to Mahomes coming back, as he seems to look for Hill and Kelce first, especially on those big play/PA roll-outs home runs that truly leverages Hill's best attribute - his speed. That isn't part of Moore's game in the same way.

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-8 targets for 140 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 26-23, Week 9 win over the Vikings.

Matt Moore said he needed to get the ball out quicker to Hill and allow him to use his speed and get out underneath some deep balls. That's exactly what happened on a 40-yard score in the first half; the ball looked overthrown at first, but Hill caught up to it after beating CB Trae Waynes. Hill made a ton of big plays in this one and gets Patrick Mahomes back next week on the road against a Titans defense that lost top CB Malcolm Butler to a Week 9 wrist injury.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

depending on the other owner's depth at WR and need at QB that could be doable.
In a typical 1-qb league I would guess this is not going to be enough.  Howard is really bottoming out in value and Jones is good for a rookie but doesn't seem to be a difference maker.  One of the many QB's typically available in 1 QB leagues. 

I would doubt the Hill owner bites unless he is really risk averse and thinks the off field stuff will bite him.

Gotta be the #1 WR ROS, right?  I mean, on a ppg basis that is as i know he has an upcoming bye.  Can you make a case for a WR you'd rather have?

Schedule really doesn’t matter with this guy. It really doesn’t man. 

On top of that, the best WR got 15 targets yesterday. 

dblock05 said:

On top of that, the best WR got 15 targets yesterday. 
I agree that the schedule doesn't matter with him.  They WILL find ways to get him the ball, that D and Reid will keep them throwing the ball, and Mahomes is playing fantastic.

Also, he had TWO ez drops yesterday, plus another opp that could have been a spectacular TD.  I know it's probably blasphemous to say it, but he/they left alot of points on the board yesterday.

BassNBrew said:
What is the point of this kind of post?  It's childish and irrelevant and this forum needs less of this.  His post was made 3 weeks ago, when Mahomes was hurt.  And now that Mahomes is back you're here thumping your chest over what exactly?  You're actually more making his point than one-upping him, as this offense did indeed "slump" for the two games Mahomes missed.

What is the point of this kind of post?  It's childish and irrelevant and this forum needs less of this.  His post was made 3 weeks ago, when Mahomes was hurt.  And now that Mahomes is back you're here thumping your chest over what exactly?  You're actually more making his point than one-upping him, as this offense did indeed "slump" for the two games Mahomes missed.
Yeah...slumped from 28 ppg to 25 ppg.  Of course he said they would fall off a cliff, not "slump".  Hill had 13.6 and 26 ppr pts during Mahommes absence.  The doom and gloom was overhyped by many in here and following the suggestions to trade Hill would have been crippling.

dude is really good at football....

never really thought all the "gadget guy" descriptions were warranted in the beginning to begin with....but he has put that to rest.....he is a complete NFL WR....

dblock05 said:
it took a perfect throw for him to avoid a clunker against denver the first time around. bellicheck shut him down in playoffs last year. im not saying you bench him ever, but i DO think schedule limits his ceiling

it took a perfect throw for him to avoid a clunker against denver the first time around. bellicheck shut him down in playoffs last year. im not saying you bench him ever, but i DO think schedule limits his ceiling
Last year against the Patriots, Tyreek was playing on a bad heel and had some injury to his thigh, not making any excuses, but I would have to think that the injury to his heel really hampered him, can’t imagine his route running was anywhere close to normal. 

Tyreek Hill exited Monday night's Week 11 game against the Chargers with a first-quarter hamstring injury.

Hill came up lame at the end of the Chiefs' first possession, grabbing the back of his leg and limping to the sideline. He failed to catch either of his two targets before going to the locker room. The altitude and uncharacteristic heat players aren't used to this time of year down in Mexico City can lead to cramps, muscle strains, and dehydration.

They said hamstring, questionable to return.
Was listening to this on the radio and they were pretty explicit about the trainers working specifically on his hamstring, and using the "massage gun" on it -- had never heard of that device before. WOrked on it for a bit then headed back to the locker room.

Could be good news that it's only a strained hamstring -- altitude, hydration, being far on the road might be contributors and this could be a thing he heals up from for next game.

Could also be a really bad thing that it's a hamstring, as they are really tricky, especially for speedsters, and really prone to re-twinging.

This season has been such a damned tease as far as Hill has been concerned. 

They showed him getting the massage, including a deep one using the drill.  You don't want to do that if it's a strain because it can make it even worse....?

Users who are viewing this thread