What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Whats the price check on Waddle now?   Was going to try to get him, but now maybe for a little less?   Was going to combo 1.09 this year and 1st next year.   But now not so sure.  I am looking to win this year, need Upper tier WR.  
maybe a 1st next year????
no that isn't enough - that is the bare minimum IMO

Talk about sour grapes and the jealousy just oozes.

Maybe you should book a visit and see what all the fuss is about

🤷‍♂️
I think it is actually a valid point. Teams in states with no income taxes absolutely do have an advantage in luring players. With their salaries, 5-10% is a lot of money.

no that isn't enough - that is the bare minimum IMO
so i got a counter offer:  I get  Waddle, 4.04 and next year 3rd rd and I give up Toney, 1.09 and next years 1st.

Seems a little high for me(to get Waddle after Hill trade).    I would think with those 3 trade pieces I can get more.   Maybe I am wrong????

I am not good at trades.

Tbf to cheatah, it's not like Mahomes is specifically known for his pinpoint accuracy. It's realistic that Tua might be more accurate.

Although, Treek might not care so much about accuracy when he's open but not getting the ball because Tua was sacked or already dumped it off.

.@cheetah also added he wants people to know how much easier he made on Patrick Mahomes to play QB: "He know that without the Cheetah on the field, he know that, ‘Hey, Pat you’re gonna have a long day today.'”

https://t.co/T9SsK9ptIc

Noice. You speak your truth, Tyreek. 

Hill is puffing his feathers now and running his mouth....eventually it will settle in that he went from a QB situation that is about as solid as it can get for the foreseeable .... to a franchise who's QB they have thought about trying to replace since basically day one.. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be on speed dial...

I ALWAYS worry about receivers switching teams.  I think this one is going to be ok.  I'd rather have Hill be catching passes from Mahommes.  And I'm not in any means saying he's better off in Miami.

BUT

I think Mike McDaniel is a really smart guy.  He's going to figure out how to get the ball to the 120 million dollar man.  Tua may not be the best deep ball guy in the league, but they'll figure out a way to get the ball into Hill's hands somewhere on the field.  

And while Miami's 2022 offense probably won't be as good as KC's recent offenses--I think it can be pretty good with Hill and Waddle.  

Hill did pretty good catching passes from Alex Smith, who also isn't a thrower of bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ALWAYS worry about receivers switching teams.  I think this one is going to be ok.  I'd rather have Hill be catching passes from Mahommes.  And I'm not in any means saying he's better off in Miami.

BUT

I think Mike McDaniel is a really smart guy.  He's going to figure out how to get the ball to the 120 million dollar man.  Tua may not be the best deep ball guy in the league, but they'll figure out a way to get the ball into Hill's hands somewhere on the field.  

And while Miami's 2022 offense probably won't be as good as KC's recent offenses--I think it can be pretty good with Hill and Waddle.  

Hill did pretty good catching passes from Alex Smith, who also isn't a thrower of bombs.

as a bitter KC fan....not a huge fan of all the bravado and some of the comments he has made....but its nothing too extreme compared to the things we see/hear each year in the NFL so I can get past that....TBH I think they are going to line him up in the backfield, give him carries, pitch outs, RB type screens, etc a ton.....in addition to his "traditional" receiver work load....when KC did this with him it was actually pretty successful/scary and TBH surprised Reid didn't dial more of it up....he probably should have....if MIA is going to pay that kind of cash, they are going to want to get their money's worth and I expect them to wear him out with touches....and why not..?...there isn't a scarier guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands, you would be kind of stupid to make that trade, pay that kind of money, and then not give him the ball a ton....fully expect him to kind of reset the way teams look at guys like him.....I could easily see what they do make what SF did with Deebo look like child's play...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting analysis from Warren Sharp on MIA.  Long and the short of it.

- MIA WR's (with the exception of Waddle) awful at creating separation last 2 years.  Devante Parker historically bad.

- caused overaggressiveness in Tua's reads.

- Mike McDaniel (SF Offense) very good at creating separation.

- addition of Hill & Cedrick Wilson specific to fixing this issue.

Don't know if Tua can make it happen...but he had excuses before.  Won't now.

I often avoid WR's that switch teams, but I've been getting more and more comfortable taking him.

While I appreciate Tua is a downgrade at QB. The Miami Dolphins are a downgrade on offense. Those are facts. But the gap that we've seen is at least partly driven by the fact that KC and Mahommes have had one of the best WR's in the game. Hill going to Miami alone narrows the gap to an extent.

One of the big off-season narratives is Tua can't throw it deep. But truthfully, he doesn't have to throw it long. Teams played a ton of cover-2 last year. And rather than that taking him out of the game, Tyreke's usage/game evolved. He had a career high in targets and receptions. He had his lowest yards per reception (11.2) in 5 years. I think Tua can throw the ball 11.2 yards. And sure, there's a lot of short passes mixed in with some home runs. But again, Tua can do the lot of short passes part. I feel comfortable with the idea that Tua can hit the occasional deep pass.

McDaneils just ran an offense in which they got Deebo a ton of touches. Short passes, long passes, hand offs out of the backfield, you name it. I don't believe Miami trades away a lot, gives a massive contract, and then fails to do the same. Is he going to get you 1400 yards and 17 touchdowns again? Probably not. Can he finish as a Top 5 WR? Probably. I'm not telling you to take him top 5. But if he can succeed with Alex Smith, I think he can remain a WR1 with Tua

McDaneils just ran an offense in which they got Deebo a ton of touches. Short passes, long passes, hand offs out of the backfield, you name it. I don't believe Miami trades away a lot, gives a massive contract, and then fails to do the same.
This is the part that I can't get away from either. Garappolo somehow knows how to do just enough to win a lot more than he loses but, as a passer he's far more Jay Fiedler than Dan Marino.

Tyreek's price is currently around WR8 (behind Deebo, ahead of Evans) so he, unfortunately, isn't coming at a huge discount. But I would draft him ahead of Deebo who I think is going to have a significant regression, particularly in TD output.

Tyreek Hill caught 8-of-12 targets for 94 yards in the Dolphins' Week 1 win over the Patriots.

The 12 targets easily led the team and was good for a juicy 36.4% target share. Hill, however, didn't find the end zone in his Dolphins debut, as Tua Tagovailoa tossed just one score, a 42-yarder to Jaylen Waddle at the end of the first half. Hill is going to be funneled targets in coach Mike McDaniel's offense, but the explosive over-the-top plays are going to be lacking away from Patrick Mahomes. Hill is still a rock-solid WR1/2 every week and gets a road date with the Ravens in Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

(fantasypros) Miami Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill returned in the fourth quarter of the team's game against the Baltimore Ravens after going to the locker room with cramping and quickly caught 48- and 60-yard touchdown passes from QB Tua Tagovailoa.
Analysis: Hill was not in the locker room long, and has returned in dominant fashion. Fantasy owners can breathe a sigh of relief.

Tyreek Hill caught 11-of-13 targets for 189 yards and two touchdowns in the Dolphins' Week 2 win against the Ravens.

Hill, who appeared frustrated in the first half as the Dolphins featured Jaylen Waddle, fought through second half cramps and caught two lengthy scores -- including a 60-yarder late in the game -- in Miami's thrilling comeback against a hapless Ravens secondary. Both of Hill's long scores were underthrown by Tua Tagovailoa, though it didn't matter after Hill had dusted everyone in the Baltimore secondary. Hill, who drew a target on 32.5 percent of his routes in Week 2, is as unstoppable as a deep threat as he was during his time in Kansas City. With the Dolphins committing to the pass, Hill and Waddle should be considered top-12 fantasy options in Week 3 against Buffalo.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyreek Hill caught 2-of-4 targets for 33 yards in the Dolphins' Week 3 win over the Bills.

The Bills play to stamp out chunk gains while the Dolphins were limited to just 39 total plays. Volume and big-play opportunities simply were not there even as Miami pulled off the stirring victory. Hill did lose the yardage battle 102-33 to Jaylen Waddle as the sophomore managed to break free for the Dolphins' longest play of the day, a 45-yard reception in the fourth quarter. It was possible in part due to Hill occupying defensive attention over the middle. The Bengals are on deck for Week 4.
- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyreek Hill caught 10-of-14 targets for 160 yards in the Dolphins' Week 4 loss to the Bengals.​

Held to 33 yards in Week 3 against the Bills, Hill rebounded for his second 160-yard effort in four games with the Dolphins. He's had two of the eight biggest games of his career in just one month in Miami. Hill's biggest play Thursday evening was a 64-yard grab in the third quarter amidst hand fighting with Chidobe Awuzie. Coach Mike McDaniel has a weapon and knows what to do with it, though that will be tested if Tua Tagovailoa (head) is sidelined for Week 5 against the Jets. Teddy Bridgewater did continue to look Hill's way after Tagovailoa departed.
Sep 29, 2022, 11:33 PM ET

So what is everyone's thought of his production with Bridgewater vs Tua? I Honestly feel like he will get more targets with Bridgewater as QB and Waddle may get less. Gesicki may even get more now if Bridgewater takes over for the near future.

So what is everyone's thought of his production with Bridgewater vs Tua? I Honestly feel like he will get more targets with Bridgewater as QB and Waddle may get less. Gesicki may even get more now if Bridgewater takes over for the near future.
Small sample size but last night Bridgewater heavily favored Hill.

Bridgewater on a one year deal, playing for that next contract. Waddle is great but Hill is elite. He's going to feed the guy that makes him look best, not to mention helps him achieve those incentives. That's a cynical take but seems the most likely.

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said he's hopeful Tyreek Hill (quad) can play in Week 5 against the Jets.​

McDaniel's comment should have Hill drafters ready to find a replacement for their guy in Week 5 fantasy lineups after he popped up on the team's injury report Thursday. Hill could shape up as a game-time decision this Sunday. If he sits, Jaylen Waddle's target upside will be otherworldly, while Trent Sherfield will have some deep-league fantasy appeal.
SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
Oct 7, 2022, 11:40 AM ET

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said he's hopeful Tyreek Hill (quad) can play in Week 5 against the Jets.​

McDaniel's comment should have Hill drafters ready to find a replacement for their guy in Week 5 fantasy lineups after he popped up on the team's injury report Thursday. Hill could shape up as a game-time decision this Sunday. If he sits, Jaylen Waddle's target upside will be otherworldly, while Trent Sherfield will have some deep-league fantasy appeal.
The tweet that blurb references McDaniel actually said "very hopeful" which somehow is a lot more encouraging to me then simply "hopeful"

Tyreek Hill (quad) is questionable for Week 5 against the Jets.​

Hill got in back-to-back limited practices after popping up on the injury report on Thursday. Mike McDaniel said he's "hopeful" that Hill can play earlier on Friday, but wasn't exactly forthcoming with the media on what would happen, saying "I can say with 100% conviction that Tyreek Hill will play or he won’t play — that’s all Saleh is getting.” Well, that makes life easy for fantasy mangers! Hill's managers should be prepared to pivot on Sunday morning.
Oct 7, 2022, 3:54 PM ET

The tweet that blurb references McDaniel actually said "very hopeful" which somehow is a lot more encouraging to me then simply "hopeful"
It’s pretty odd they’re slanting that so negatively even if he didn’t say “very”.

Tyreek Hill (foot/quad) was a full participant in Wednesday's practice.​

Hill suffered the foot injury in Week 5. He was spotted in a walking boot after the game. The quad injury is also new. It sounds like a lot of bad news for the speedy receiver, but the fact that he got in a full practice is what matters most. ESPN's Adam Schefter also reported the team was optimistic he will be able to play. For now, it looks like he's a go. Recently out-pacing Jaylen Waddle for targets, Hill is a clear WR1 this week.
Oct 12, 2022, 5:40 PM ET

Tyreek Hill (foot/quad) was removed from the Week 6 injury report and will play against the Vikings.​

Hill was spotted in a walking boot after suffering the foot injury in Week 5, causing some concern that he would be out this week. However, a trio of limited practices put any fears to bed. He should be fine for his Week 6 matchup with the Vikings. Hill caught all seven of his targets from Skylar Thompson last week. Though the quarterback situation is less than ideal, Hill remains on the WR1/2 border.
Oct 14, 2022, 4:41 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 12-of-15 targets for 177 yards in the Dolphins' Week 6 loss to the Vikings.

Playing through foot and quad issues, Hill also missed some brief moments in this one when he had to go to the locker room for an IV to combat the heat and cramps. Hill paced the team with his 15 looks, seeing five more than Jaylen Waddle, who also went over 100 yards with a scoreless 6/129 line. Hill has now posted three 150-yard games in six weeks and will be a top-five WR1 next week against the Steelers with Tua Tagovailoa due back under center. Hill hasn't found the end zone since his two-TD Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyreek Hill caught 7-of-13 targets for 72 yards in the Dolphins' Week 7 win over the Steelers.​

Hill continued to be the favorite target of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, seeing double-digit looks for the third time in four fully healthy Tua starts. The return of Tua brought the return of deep targets with it, as the two narrowly missed connecting on two deep balls - both of which were also nearly intercepted. Look for the chemistry and efficiency to grow as the two regain comfort moving forward. Next up is a Lions defense surrendering the most points per game to opposing teams this season.
Oct 23, 2022, 11:59 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 7-of-8 targets for 143 yards and a touchdown in Miami's Week 9 win over Chicago.

Hill was finally targeted in the red zone, even, scoring his lone touchdown on a quick out that left the Bears defenders on that side stuck in the mud. Hill and Stefon Diggs are having a heavyweight fight over WR1 overall this year, and this will keep the heat on Diggs. Oh yeah, and Hill cracked 1,000 receiving yards for the season. It's Week 9. Hill will remain an every-week WR1 against the Browns next weekend.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Users who are viewing this thread