What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (2 Viewers)

Will Fuller caught 6-of-11 targets for 123 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Week 6 loss to the Titans. 

Fuller has now scored in four straight games since his infamous Week 2 goose egg, stacking up 28/455/4 through six contests. He's had a 100-yard day three times out of six in 2020. Today's touchdown was an uncovered 53-yarder where Malcolm Butler was under the impression he would have safety help. He did not. Fuller's hot streak will be tested by Jaire Alexander and the Packers in Week 7, but he will remain glued to the WR1/2 borderline in fantasy.  

Oct 18, 2020, 5:02 PM ET

Will Fuller caught 3-of-6 targets for 35 yards and one score in Houston's Week 7 loss to the Packers.

Fuller hauled in a 24-yard catch in the first half but, much like Houston's offense as a whole, failed to make an impact for the next 30 minutes. He was fortunately able to fall backwards into the end zone after recording a catch at the one-yard line to salvage what was otherwise a pedestrian afternoon. Fuller has now scored a touchdown in five consecutive games since getting injured in Week 2 against the Ravens. He'll remain a high-end WR2 when the Texans return from their Week 8 bye against the Jaguars.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Fuller locked up with Alexander all day? 

He bailed out owners with that garbage time TD that's for sure, but he just doesn't seem like a guy that can overcome a tough CB matchup. Either that or Watson just doesn't look at him. Seemed like Cobb and Cooks were peppered with targets.

Was Fuller locked up with Alexander all day? 

He bailed out owners with that garbage time TD that's for sure, but he just doesn't seem like a guy that can overcome a tough CB matchup. Either that or Watson just doesn't look at him. Seemed like Cobb and Cooks were peppered with targets.
My question then is, I haven't looked at the schedule, how many of those tough CB matchups does he have left?

Romeo Crennel said this morning he had been informed of some trade possibilities, not imminent yet but sound like some things are cooking and Fuller along with Stills, Duke and Watt are the players most likely to be involved in trade talks.

Romeo Crennel said this morning he had been informed of some trade possibilities, not imminent yet but sound like some things are cooking and Fuller along with Stills, Duke and Watt are the players most likely to be involved in trade talks.
I just read the Browns are a possibility... which would absolutely suck. On the other hand, I'd love it if he went to the Pats.

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss reports the Packers are "among the teams to inquire about" the availability of Will Fuller.

Reiss adds that "no deal is imminent," and the Texans aren't interested in a fire sale and "won't trade just to trade." Fuller is in the final year of his rookie deal and obviously needs a new contract after this season. Houston may not be willing to pay him the kind of money he's seeking, so trading him ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline could be their best move to get compensation back in return. Fuller is a top-20 NFL wideout when healthy. Pairing him with Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers would be really fun.

RELATED: 

Green Bay Packers

SOURCE: Aaron Reiss on Twitter

Oct 28, 2020, 1:28 PM ET

Don't like it.

Rodgers locks onto Adams and just sprays to the remaining. 

He'd be a more efficient MVS in GB, but would still be serious boom/bust. Fuller's production has been damn consistent this year and I think we lose that.
I’d love for him to stay in Houston for the reasons you mention,  but I’m not sure I agree with your assessment. 

It’s a chicken & the egg thing. Rodgers locks onto Adams because MVS & other options aren’t consistent or reliable. Fuller would give the Packers a legit WR2, something they seem to have been searching for for a couple seasons. 

I don’t see his floor as “bust” in GB any more than it’s been in HOU, like last week where he did virtually nothing outside of that late game TD. 

I also don’t see GB making efforts to acquire Fuller if they don’t intent on using him. That would be a little bit silly, IMO.

A move of Fuller to GB would probably have the most impact on Adams workload, to the dismay of Adams owners. 

Dynasty-wise I’m more concerned long-term than 2020, as Watson is a relatively young, dynamic QB and I don’t know what the future holds post-Rodgers. 

I’d love for him to stay in Houston for the reasons you mention,  but I’m not sure I agree with your assessment. 

It’s a chicken & the egg thing. Rodgers locks onto Adams because MVS & other options aren’t consistent or reliable. Fuller would give the Packers a legit WR2, something they seem to have been searching for for a couple seasons. 

I don’t see his floor as “bust” in GB any more than it’s been in HOU, like last week where he did virtually nothing outside of that late game TD. 

I also don’t see GB making efforts to acquire Fuller if they don’t intent on using him. That would be a little bit silly, IMO.

A move of Fuller to GB would probably have the most impact on Adams workload, to the dismay of Adams owners. 

Dynasty-wise I’m more concerned long-term than 2020, as Watson is a relatively young, dynamic QB and I don’t know what the future holds post-Rodgers. 
Given Green Bay's needs, and the compensation it would take to acquire, I would think a Cobb reunion would make more sense. I don't recall him burning any bridges, and if he did, they were likely with McCarthy. He and Rodgers already have a rapport, and a slot WR might help more than an outside WR anyway, especially once Lazard is back.

Unless the Texans got a 1st rounder, I can't see them trading Fuller, though I do feel like Brandin Cooks has perhaps passed him as the WR1 since O'Brien left, as Cooks has more targets, catches, and yards in those 3 games.

That said, if I were a Fuller owner, I'd be hoping he stays in Houston. A move to Green Bay would likely mean lesser targets, and a lesser QB, considering how great a rapport Watson and Fuller have.

I have both Adams and Fuller in re-draft, and I don't think I would like Fuller going to Green Bay. But, I WOULD like to see Cobb get traded from the Texans.

Would it? Watson is more than capable of supporting 2 WR's, and the list of better QBs to be tied to going forward can be counted on 1 hand.
Yes, something about starting two WRs from the same team every week. You usually won't do it. So you're stuck picking the "right" one each week and most of the time you're getting burned. :)

Black and Gold said:
Yes, something about starting two WRs from the same team every week. You usually won't do it. So you're stuck picking the "right" one each week and most of the time you're getting burned. :)
One year when I won my league I started both Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders every week. Worked out great. 

It hasn't hurt you with Cooks and Fuller the past 3 weeks. 

I recall several times facing teams with Jeffery/Marshall or DThomas/Sanders.  

One year I had Cobb/Nelson & they were both productive. Cobb fell off the next year though. 

I agree it’s sustainable. 

I can't see how Fuller going to GB to pick up Adams' scraps is anything but a huge downgrade. Like sure, it could be much worse, like he gets traded to Cleveland, but anywhere outside of his current setup would be a massive downgrade.

He's in the perfect scenario right now. Most trusted target with years worth of chemistry with a great QB. On a team that struggles to run the ball and is terrible on D, resulting in perfect game scripts. 

And Houston would be foolish to let him go. The already made the mistake of trading DHop. You would think they would want to keep some talent around their newly minted franchise QB. And for all the grief that Fuller gets due to his injury reputation, Cooks is no picture of health himself. Dude might be one or two concussions away from hanging up the cleats. Hardly the type of guy you want to depend on to anchor your WR corps going forward.

I can't see how Fuller going to GB to pick up Adams' scraps is anything but a huge downgrade. Like sure, it could be much worse, like he gets traded to Cleveland, but anywhere outside of his current setup would be a massive downgrade.

He's in the perfect scenario right now. Most trusted target with years worth of chemistry with a great QB. On a team that struggles to run the ball and is terrible on D, resulting in perfect game scripts. 

And Houston would be foolish to let him go. The already made the mistake of trading DHop. You would think they would want to keep some talent around their newly minted franchise QB. And for all the grief that Fuller gets due to his injury reputation, Cooks is no picture of health himself. Dude might be one or two concussions away from hanging up the cleats. Hardly the type of guy you want to depend on to anchor your WR corps going forward.
I pretty much agree with this.

The only WR that I want to see moving teams is Julio, because I feel like another QB would feed him red zone targets.

I pretty much agree with this.

The only WR that I want to see moving teams is Julio, because I feel like another QB would feed him red zone targets.
To be fair to Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley seems like he's a better WR in the redzone than Julio. 

I'd like to see AJ Green get traded. I can certainly see him and the Bengals both being better apart. On a smaller scale, maybe Curtis Samuel. Maybe one of Tate/Engram in NY?

One year when I won my league I started both Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders every week. Worked out great. 

Way back in 2006, I won a league starting Harrison/Wayne/Addai on a weekly basis. Did it again in 2015, with DeAngelo/Brown/Bryant. 

I've never really understood the aversion to having multiple guys from the same team.

To be fair to Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley seems like he's a better WR in the redzone than Julio. 

I'd like to see AJ Green get traded. I can certainly see him and the Bengals both being better apart. On a smaller scale, maybe Curtis Samuel. Maybe one of Tate/Engram in NY?

Way back in 2006, I won a league starting Harrison/Wayne/Addai on a weekly basis. Did it again in 2015, with DeAngelo/Brown/Bryant. 

I've never really understood the aversion to having multiple guys from the same team.
Depends on the guys. I used to have Tyreek and Kelce on my dynasty team which was awesome until I panicked and gave away Tyreek thinking he was done in the NFL.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers have maintained their interest in trading for Texans WR Will Fuller.

The Packers chose not to select a receiver in the draft this year but are now in the market with their 2021 draft picks. Fuller is on pace for 1,120 yards and 11 touchdowns this year. He has taken a major step forward with DeAndre Hopkins out of the picture and it's hard to imagine Houston parting ways with him for less than a first-round pick. Houston doesn't have their own first next year so a trade to acquire someone else's could make sense for them. Fuller would likely see fewer targets while playing alongside Davante Adams but pairing his downfield speed with Aaron Rodgers' arm is a terrifying thought for opposing defenses. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 9:32 AM ET

ESPN's Dianna Russini confirms the Packers have considered trading for Will Fuller, but that there is "disagreement at the highest levels of the organization" if the move would be "worth the spend."

Since the Packers lack a formal owner, this likely means the front office is debating the coaching staff. Contract-year Fuller would be expensive for a rental, but he would fill arguably the biggest need for the Super Bowl-or-bust Packers. Marquez Valdes-Scantling simply is not getting the job done as the team's deep threat. Fuller would maintain high-end WR2 value in Green Bay.

RELATED: 

Green Bay Packers

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter 

Nov 3, 2020, 1:35 PM ET

Ugh...I wonder what they are looking for him...but damn...yes, its worth it.  A 1st and maybe you question it...anything lower than that should be a no-brainer even if its short term given how they have struggled to find consistent production outside of Davante.

I have both Adams and Fuller in re-draft. From a fantasy perspective, I don't think I want this to happen. What I would love is for Cobb to get traded, though. Cobb to the Packers actually makes a lot of sense.

Ugh...I wonder what they are looking for him...but damn...yes, its worth it.  A 1st and maybe you question it...anything lower than that should be a no-brainer even if its short term given how they have struggled to find consistent production outside of Davante.
I just saw an article that they want a 2nd round and Packers don’t like the offer 

I have both Adams and Fuller in re-draft. From a fantasy perspective, I don't think I want this to happen. What I would love is for Cobb to get traded, though. Cobb to the Packers actually makes a lot of sense.
Agreed. Can't see going from Watson to Rodgers as an upgrade for Fuller. His rapport with Watson is a big part of what makes him a WR2. Also, Adams is the clear #1 in GB, where in Houston, its either Fuller or a 1A/1B situation with Cooks.

I'd think it also likely costs at least a 2nd rounder, as the Texans can certainly(and should want to) keep Fuller as a 25 year old WR.

I would think Kenny Stills is highly available for like a 6 or something, if Cobb burned that bridge.

The Packers need a field stretcher, not another pass-catcher that keeps the chains moving.  Between Adams, Tonyan, and the running backs the short and intermediate routes are covered.  MVS just isn't getting the job done and defenses can play two deep and "contain" the Packers offense at times.

Will Fuller could change that.  Could.  I do question the combination of Fuller's penchant for minor injuries and the Packers medical staff, which is notoriously conservative with getting nicked players back on the field.

I just saw an article that they want a 2nd round and Packers don’t like the offer 
If Gute is the one balking on a 2nd rounder...and given his drafts and how the team looks and missing the pieces they have ignored in the drafts...Id be fine if they canned him after the season if it keeps falling apart against good teams.

The Packers need a field stretcher, not another pass-catcher that keeps the chains moving.  Between Adams, Tonyan, and the running backs the short and intermediate routes are covered.  MVS just isn't getting the job done and defenses can play two deep and "contain" the Packers offense at times.

Will Fuller could change that.  Could.  I do question the combination of Fuller's penchant for minor injuries and the Packers medical staff, which is notoriously conservative with getting nicked players back on the field.
Lazard is coming back too. He's looked good at times. 

The Packers bigger need to me is in run defense. 49ers, Bucs, and Vikings, have all run all over the Packers and that problem isn't going away.

I get not wanting to invest heavily in another WR, who is likely a rental. I could see adding a deep threat cheaper, maybe Kenny Stills, maybe John Ross, maybe Breshad Perriman(if the Jets keep going full fire sale) 

Houston trading Fuller would be extremely dumb. They just shipped Nuk out of town and then now this? I'm sure their newly paid franchise QB is going to love that. Let's take more weapons away from him. Where do they suppose they are going to get a WR to replace Fuller? They are going to have to burn whatever high pick they get back to replace him, and the bust potential will be high. 

Why don't the Packers just trade for Cooks? He's already signed (and will cost less than a resigned Fuller) and will come cheaper in trade compensation. If they just need a moderately used  field stretcher to take some heat off Adams (ie. an MVS that can actually catch), Cooks fits the bill. 

Of course this is the Texans, so trusting them to do the competent thing is asking too much.

Houston trading Fuller would be extremely dumb. They just shipped Nuk out of town and then now this? I'm sure their newly paid franchise QB is going to love that. Let's take more weapons away from him. Where do they suppose they are going to get a WR to replace Fuller? They are going to have to burn whatever high pick they get back to replace him, and the bust potential will be high. 

Why don't the Packers just trade for Cooks? He's already signed (and will cost less than a resigned Fuller) and will come cheaper in trade compensation. If they just need a moderately used  field stretcher to take some heat off Adams (ie. an MVS that can actually catch), Cooks fits the bill. 

Of course this is the Texans, so trusting them to do the competent thing is asking too much.
He's a free agent after the season. So trade him for a 2nd, then re-sign him next offseason 😀

Also, the packers have an estimated $1m in cap space next offseason. They would be cutting Cooks and his $12m salary if they traded for him. May as well trade for Fuller so they get the comp pick back. And I think they will use either guy pretty heavily if they get one. 

Of course, Kenny Stills will come even cheaper... :lol:

If Gute is the one balking on a 2nd rounder...and given his drafts and how the team looks and missing the pieces they have ignored in the drafts...Id be fine if they canned him after the season if it keeps falling apart against good teams.
Yeah I don't think Fuller is worth a 2nd rounder.  Of course neither was AJ Dillon.  Too many holes on defense for a solid WR 2 to put them over the top. 

Are we in the clear here? Hope so. Fuller to GB would have been a huge hit to his value.

Not surprised. NFL trade deadlines are always a dud.

GB would have been better off going after something actually attainable instead of low ball offers for Fuller. They could have had a guy like Ross for peanuts.

See Andre Rison, 1996-97.

I'm pretty surprised he didn't get moved for something like a 3rd and 5th. GB was the best case if he got moved (there were some truly scary places he could have gone, like Baltimore or Cleveland), but his best spot this year is in Houston by far. 

Users who are viewing this thread