What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 1 Comments Thread (2 Viewers)

Manning NYG/Palmer Oak

Jackson Phi/Collie Ind/Cobb GB/Brown SD

Lynch Sea/Bush Mia/Thomas NO

Gronk NE

Well rounded team that at this point hinges on what happens with Jackson. Wish I had a stronger WR1 to go with the other question marks but thats what happens when you don't address WR until the 5th round. Still plenty of work to be done here but really like the QB/RB/TE talent and the upside of my WRs.

now through 8 rounds

QB - Dalton & Kolb

RB - MJD & Forte

WR - SSmith, A. Brown, L. Robinson, Meachem

TE - Gresham & Dickson

now through 8 roundsQB - Dalton & KolbRB - MJD & ForteWR - SSmith, A. Brown, L. Robinson, MeachemTE - Gresham & Dickson
That QB spot looks like a tough spot to be in. ANd through 10 rounds!
Curious why you say that - no not a stud there but Dalton was very good in his first year and I think will improve. Kolb never really had a chance to learn the Cardinals system last year but will have a full training camp and off season this year and has good receivers

QB - Vick, Ponder

RB - McCoy, Helu, Thomas

WR - Cruz, Thomas, Lloyd, Roberts

TE - Winslow, Clark

Liking this better. Felt like I got good value with Helu, Thomas, Winslow, Olsen. Winslow had 75 recpt last year, his TDs being down has plummeted down the charts. Olsen should progress with Newton. Roberts feels like a strong WR4 in this league. I don't see any glaring holes.

now through 8 roundsQB - Dalton & KolbRB - MJD & ForteWR - SSmith, A. Brown, L. Robinson, MeachemTE - Gresham & Dickson
That QB spot looks like a tough spot to be in. ANd through 10 rounds!
Curious why you say that - no not a stud there but Dalton was very good in his first year and I think will improve. Kolb never really had a chance to learn the Cardinals system last year but will have a full training camp and off season this year and has good receivers
Your QBs look bad on paper. When you step back and think about it, they aren't going to hurt you one bit. Kolb is likely to be the steal at the QB position. Dalton seems blah but you'll get consistant production.

So ADP tore his ACL&MCL and had surgery on new years eve.Toby gerhart filled in very nicely at the end of the year when ADP hurt his ankle. Im thinking good points early in season for him and maybe work in ADP after week 7??He went much earlier in other WSlsI could be totally over thinking it.
I think the rest of us were under thinking it. I was torn between him and Ponder. Fragile Vick ultimately won out, but Gerhart shouldn't have been there. That late week he and ADP played he was a huge vulture. Heck, Minny may be out of contention by the time ADP is back so they aren't likely to run him into the ground.

So ADP tore his ACL&MCL and had surgery on new years eve.Toby gerhart filled in very nicely at the end of the year when ADP hurt his ankle. Im thinking good points early in season for him and maybe work in ADP after week 7??He went much earlier in other WSlsI could be totally over thinking it.
I think the rest of us were under thinking it. I was torn between him and Ponder. Fragile Vick ultimately won out, but Gerhart shouldn't have been there. That late week he and ADP played he was a huge vulture. Heck, Minny may be out of contention by the time ADP is back so they aren't likely to run him into the ground.
Good pick on D.Thomas Bass.I was debating between Toby and him. With a new coaching staff in there who knows how the splits in Miami goes.

Eight of the last ten picks have gone DST. Will the run continue? Only one team selecting below the fifth position has selected a defense to this point and this group of drafters have been known to take three in a 20 round draft.

What will be the position of choice the remainder of the 13th round?

'Stephen Holloway said:
Eight of the last ten picks have gone DST. Will the run continue? Only one team selecting below the fifth position has selected a defense to this point and this group of drafters have been known to take three in a 20 round draft.What will be the position of choice the remainder of the 13th round?
Looks like D and I am glad I took D on the turn. Tough position to be in for these runs. Better to start it than get left behind.

'Stephen Holloway said:
Eight of the last ten picks have gone DST. Will the run continue? Only one team selecting below the fifth position has selected a defense to this point and this group of drafters have been known to take three in a 20 round draft.What will be the position of choice the remainder of the 13th round?
Looks like D and I am glad I took D on the turn. Tough position to be in for these runs. Better to start it than get left behind.
Yeah I really thought about taking one with my last pick - not that I wanted to pick one early but if the run started right after I picked there might be a ton drafted before the end of round thirteen....

these get kind of boring....so move along if you don't like the content...but like the Bachelor or Bachelorette I enjoy the "journey" of the draft as much as anything.....so I discuss my thoughts/feelings/opinions/strategies along the path of my draft hoping to find true love or that late round steal, whichever comes first...

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO:

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL:

3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE:

4.10 Marcus Colston WR20 NO/FA

5.07 Steve Johnson WR26 BUF/FA

6.10 Michael Bush RB25 OAK/FA

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

8.10 Isaac Redman RB35 PIT

I almost took Willis McGahee at 7.07 but decided to go for a younger back in Tate who I thought could be huge if Foster went down and offered a little more upside. And now here is Willis still there at 8.10. (starting to think maybe most in this draft thought he was already gone) Sent a list to Helltoupee for this pick as I didn't think I would be around when it was my turn. Before I sent that list I looked at some stuff about Mendy and his injury. The more I read, the more it loooks like he could start the season on the PUP list. Redman could be the man next year in PIT. Played well when given the chance and the only thing to really worry about is if they bring someone else in. Even when/if Mendy comes back, I am not sure the job is just given back to him as he was somewhat disappointing anyway. Does PIT draft an impact back early? (don't think so as it seems they have other needs) Do they bring in a FA? (maybe) I'm gambling they don't and the PIT starting RB job could be Redman's so at RB35 I'll take the gamble. My list to Helltoupee which it turns out I didn't need to send read (Redman, McGahee, and then I think Flynn)

so then it is on to round 9...and guess who is still falling as it gets closer to my pick...but ends up going at 9.06 to Helltoupee.....yep that McGahee fella...I am not a big McGahee guy, but he went in the 5th round and 7th round in the other WSL's....had a nice year for DEN but who knows....anyway, obviously I probably would have taken Willis had Helltoupee not taken him with the pick before me....but I am curious if people in this draft just aren't that high on McGahee or did most people honestly think he was gone....including you HellsniperJr...before I sent you the list...?....

9.07 Mario Manningham WR47 FA

Would have taken whats his name here but he went the pick before me. So went a different direction. Nothing fancy here, we'll see where he lands, but think he can produce and have some big weeks on occassion which you need sometimes in this format. Decent WR4.

10.10 Tony Moeaki TE25 KC

Talented big target that made one of the best catches by a TE I have seen. Think he had almost 50 receptions his rookie year and am looking for him to have a breakout comeback year. KC fan and watched most of the games, they will look to involve the TE in their offense. Some of the slugs they had last year (Pope, etc) got involved every once in awhile. I think he comes back healthy and he outperforms his TE25 draft slot.

11.07 BenJarvis Green Ellis RB50 FA

Has never fumbled since becoming a pro. I think BB likes him. I think he likes his role in NE. I think he resigns with NE and still gets some love, especially at the goaline. Obviously, Ridley and Vereen with a full offseason pose a threat to his workload. We'll see. Have heard of some other possible landing spots as part of a RBBC thing which might be interesting, but he was drafted here for his nose for the end zone and he does run hard.

12.10 Blaine Gabbert QB31 JAC

Hate this pick and I'm a MIZZOU guy. He may not even be the starter come opening day, but he is right now baby! Nothing left at QB as I kept passing, but as mentioned earlier with Brees on board I can maybe take that chance more than most others. He has a job right now...hope he keeps it. Has to improve as it can't get much worse.

13.07 Denver DST

They can get to the QB with Dummervil and Miller. Thats about all I was looking at here, sacks. The rest of the defense stats usually seem like a wash to me in the long run, and it's usually the DST returns for TD's that make the difference/help you advance week to week, but I am probably wrong. Being in the middle of the draft, I may be able to gamble on when I take my next one, but there are a few smart guys in here that think they get some kind of ribbon for being one of the ones to take 3 DST's and "screw" somebody so probably won't wait more than a round or two...or I may just take another one with my next pick and call it good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy the thoughts and agree that with a 20 rounder it can be a "smart" pick to add a third DST and keep a team handicapped at the position.

Enjoy the thoughts and agree that with a 20 rounder it can be a "smart" pick to add a third DST and keep a team handicapped at the position.
I personally have never believed in drafting 3 D/ST in the survivor leagues. I find that I would much rather spend that pick on an extra WR or RB spot myself. Last year in the two survivor leagues that I won I waited on D/ST and had no problems. I'm in the school of thought that 2 D/ST's is more than enough and really I don't need to take one early either.

through 14 rounds

QB - Dalton & Kolb

RB - MJD & Forte + B. Jacobs

WR - SSmith, A. Brown, L. Robinson, Meachem

TE - Gresham, Ed Dickson, & Ballard

DST - AZ Cardinals & ATL Falcons

these get kind of boring....so move along if you don't like the content...but like the Bachelor or Bachelorette I enjoy the "journey" of the draft as much as anything.....so I discuss my thoughts/feelings/opinions/strategies along the path of my draft hoping to find true love or that late round steal, whichever comes first...8.10 Isaac Redman RB35 PITI almost took Willis McGahee at 7.07 but decided to go for a younger back in Tate who I thought could be huge if Foster went down and offered a little more upside. And now here is Willis still there at 8.10. (starting to think maybe most in this draft thought he was already gone) Sent a list to Helltoupee for this pick as I didn't think I would be around when it was my turn. Before I sent that list I looked at some stuff about Mendy and his injury. The more I read, the more it loooks like he could start the season on the PUP list. Redman could be the man next year in PIT. Played well when given the chance and the only thing to really worry about is if they bring someone else in. Even when/if Mendy comes back, I am not sure the job is just given back to him as he was somewhat disappointing anyway. Does PIT draft an impact back early? (don't think so as it seems they have other needs) Do they bring in a FA? (maybe) I'm gambling they don't and the PIT starting RB job could be Redman's so at RB35 I'll take the gamble. My list to Helltoupee which it turns out I didn't need to send read (Redman, McGahee, and then I think Flynn)so then it is on to round 9...and guess who is still falling as it gets closer to my pick...but ends up going at 9.06 to Helltoupee.....yep that McGahee fella...I am not a big McGahee guy, but he went in the 5th round and 7th round in the other WSL's....had a nice year for DEN but who knows....anyway, obviously I probably would have taken Willis had Helltoupee not taken him with the pick before me....but I am curious if people in this draft just aren't that high on McGahee or did most people honestly think he was gone....including you HellsniperJr...before I sent you the list...?....
The Redman pick killed me. I went into the draft with a loose strategy of waiting at RB & use a Steeler(Mendy & Red) & Falcon(Turner & Quiz) combo backs. 7th round rolls around I take Mendy and was looking to grab Redman in the 8th . When I received the pm with your picks I couldn't believe it. :sadbanana: . *******!

agree generally with krsone that two DSTs are enough and that the scoring is randon year to year. However, with only 32 DSTs and in a 16 team league, for every team that adds a third DST there is one team that only has one.

Week to week scoring for DSTs is extremely ramdon so having the third one really helps out avoiding the really low week scores.

Several positions need to have additional depth, but it is difficult to acquire quality depth at all positions. Therefore, it is sometimes easier to get quality depth at DST than at say RB or TE.

It really is a pick your poison type choice where you add quality depth and where you attempt to go short on depth.

What are you thinking there with Braylon pimpin? I wrote him off for dead.
I tool Braylon in the 13th in wsl2. I've always been a fan of Braylon and feel the peanut gallery gives him way too much flack about drops from years ago... he's never really had a consistent QB to work with.Ask Jets fans and most I read on the Jet boards hope he comes back. Sanchez looked a lot better when he had Braylon to throw the deep ball to.I'm following his twitter and the knee rehab is going well according to him and he feels great... Obviously he needs the right situation but, he put up decent numbers even with Sanchez.I think some NFL team is going to get a bargain, seasoned WR here.

I agree with BSS regarding the position determination by MFL. I personally think that he will wind up as a WR, but have heard that some teams may see him as a TE.

I agree with BSS regarding the position determination by MFL. I personally think that he will wind up as a WR, but have heard that some teams may see him as a TE.
so I guess you are kinda just taking your chances with those guys....in this format it would kind of suck to be counting on a guy playing TE for you and then he ends up getting lumped in with your WR's...

agree generally with krsone that two DSTs are enough and that the scoring is randon year to year. However, with only 32 DSTs and in a 16 team league, for every team that adds a third DST there is one team that only has one.Week to week scoring for DSTs is extremely ramdon so having the third one really helps out avoiding the really low week scores.Several positions need to have additional depth, but it is difficult to acquire quality depth at all positions. Therefore, it is sometimes easier to get quality depth at DST than at say RB or TE.It really is a pick your poison type choice where you add quality depth and where you attempt to go short on depth.
Went for 3 defenses. Would have drafted Kevin Smith instead but things got hectic here and I forgot he was on my short list. I like having three bullets at a spot that doesn't get injured. With Vick and McCoy sharing the same bye, I didn't want to risk having both defense of that week. I won a league a couple of years ago where I averaged 18 ppg at the defense spot. With the 2 extra roster spots in these early leagues I don't mind using one extra on D, especially when I feel like I'm set at my other positions. Usually many of the rosters end up riddled with busts, retirements, or guys that don't see the field.

QB - Brady, RG3

RB - McFadden, Richardson, K.Hunter

WR - Crabtree, Blackman, L.Moore, D.Baldwin, S.Breaston

TE - Pettigrew, Pitta

D/ST - NE, CAR

K - Crosby,

through 18 rounds

QB - Dalton & Kolb

RB - MJD & Forte + B. Jacobs, & Saine

WR - SSmith, A. Brown, L. Robinson, Meachem, Avant

K - Dan Bailey & Nick Folk

2 PK's this time. Went Hartley and a rookie last year(Forbath) and the zero points I got cost me dearly. Took some risk with Hartley and than Carpenter as guy who I think will have his job still. Alot of guys wont and a reason I did not take a few of them at this point.

2 PK's this time. Went Hartley and a rookie last year(Forbath) and the zero points I got cost me dearly. Took some risk with Hartley and than Carpenter as guy who I think will have his job still. Alot of guys wont and a reason I did not take a few of them at this point.
I think we had to go 2 Ks at the turn if we wanted to have a shot at a decent 2nd K. Didn't want to get stuck on the tail of a long run like what happened with the Ds. But at least with Ds, you know you have a starter. Not so with the Ks.

I'm off the grid this weekend and back on Monday. If for some reason you get to my pick before 10 pm Sunday you can skip me. If it gets to me after 10 pm Sunday then I'll make my pick Monday before noon.

Two sleepers left to go:

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB - Ryan Mathews, CJ Spiller, Toby Gerhart, Ryan Williams

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Earl Bennett, Rueben Randle, Mohammed Sanu

TE - Jason Witten, Lance Kendricks

K - SeaBass, Longwell

D - Bolts, Saints

Two sleepers left to go:QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan FitzpatrickRB - Ryan Mathews, CJ Spiller, Toby Gerhart, Ryan Williams WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Earl Bennett, Rueben Randle, Mohammed SanuTE - Jason Witten, Lance KendricksK - SeaBass, LongwellD - Bolts, Saints
You will either be RYAN or Dieing

Really like the Housler pick in the 19th. Like with Beanie in the 5th where I wish I took a WR, I wish I had waited on Housler and not taken Zach Millar at the time.

Cutler, Cassel

Rice, F. Jackson, Hillis, D. Carter

J. Nelson, Julio Jones, E. Decker, J. Gaffney, M. Thomas, D. Bess

Celek, H. Miller, A. Fasano

Gould, Cundiff

NY Giants, Cleveland

Nothing tremendously exciting, but nothing overly risky either. I'm betting big that Cutler & Cassel can come back from their injuries. I like Cassel this yr because his new OC knows how to get production out of him. Biggest issue IMO is RB. If Jackson can come back @ 80% of his pace last year I think I'll be set there. Not sure what to expect from Hillis.

Rivers, Manning

Foster, Wells, Ingram, James

Wallace, Maclin, Baldwin, Lafell, Royal, Doucet

Cook, Rudolph, Z. Miller

Carpenter, Hartley

Houston, SL

Some risk with Peyton. Not sure what to do with pick 20 because of it. RB is solid but only 4. WR has nice 1-2 punch but than a lot of uncertainty. But young guys who might step up. TE is deep and with some nice young talent names. Hartley is risky also but NO is a good spot if he can get healthy.

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tarvaris Jackson

Matt Ryan while his playoff success isn’t anything to write home about, I certainly think his FF performance will be very good this coming season, Julio Jones will have a full camp and a new hopefulyl less conservative OC should loosen the regins. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a capable backup that has big game potential. Tarvaris was a 20th round pick just grabbed him because of value he went in the 14th and 17th rounds in the other SSLs.

Ryan Mathews finished #6 in most PPR leagues last year while splitting with Tolbert and having several nagging injuries. CJ Spiller is my personal man crush, love his upside and big play ability. I think Toby Gerhart starts week 1-6 at least and then ADP gets eased in. Ryan Williams is a shot in the dark, the Cards took him early last year because Beanie isn’t the total package, maybe just a 3rd down COP type back this season, coming back from patella tendon injury so who knows

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Earl Bennett, Rueben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Jacoby Jones

Larry Fitz anchors and odd group for me, Torrey Smith is a deep threat and Greg Little should improve with a camp and a better QB. Earl Bennett was starting to catch fire before Cutler got hurt, but I’m guessing Chicago improves the position. Rueben & Sanu are rookies who could do something or nothing grabbed 2 of the rookies hoping 1 would hit. JacobyJones is,well Jacoby jones. Not the best group in the league Im sure, but enuff pieces and parts to scrap together 3 good scores a week I’m hoping.

Witten is as solid as it gets at TE, even with all the WR options the guy still threw up a 70+ catch season, and Kendricks gets a new coaching staff and I think is still a good young TE prospect.

K - SeaBass, Longwell

D - Bolts, Saints

Got 2 of each K & D. Whatev.

Final team and thoughts

QB - Dalton & Kolb

I think with an off season and camp to fully learn the playbook and get healthy Kolb will be what the Cardinals hoped to get last year. While that still doesn't make him a QB1 for most teams he will pair well with Dalton who had an excellent rookie season and should have more weapons in 2013

RB - MJD, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Brandon Saine, and Joe McKnight

Certainly one of the strongest group of running backs in this league

WR - Steve Smith S., Antonio Brown, Laurent Robinson, Robert Meachem, Jason Avant, and Preston Parker

Smith returned to fantasy prominence with Cam Newton getting him the ball while Antonio Brown broke out with the Steelers and likely won't have Ward competing for receptions and maybe not Wallace. Robinson was huge for the Cowboys last year and should find a good home next season. Not sure where Meachem will either land or stay but a good boom or bust receivers. Jason Avant could move up to starter if the Eagles move DJax and hopefully Parker takes the next step up in Tampa. Very solid group

I think Gresham and Dickson will improve next year and Ballard was huge for the Giants last year. Looking for one solid score per week

Two improving defenses and two decent kickers

Final team and thoughts

QB - Dalton & Kolb

I think with an off season and camp to fully learn the playbook and get healthy Kolb will be what the Cardinals hoped to get last year. While that still doesn't make him a QB1 for most teams he will pair well with Dalton who had an excellent rookie season and should have more weapons in 2013

RB - MJD, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Brandon Saine, and Joe McKnight

Certainly one of the strongest group of running backs in this league

WR - Steve Smith S.,

I think Gresham and Dickson will improve next year and Ballard was huge for the Giants last year. Looking for one solid score per week

Two improving defenses and two decent kickers
Steve Smith is a stud and all, but I'm thinking your a little light at the position.

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tarvaris Jackson

Matt Ryan while his playoff success isn’t anything to write home about, I certainly think his FF performance will be very good this coming season, Julio Jones will have a full camp and a new hopefulyl less conservative OC should loosen the regins. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a capable backup that has big game potential. Tarvaris was a 20th round pick just grabbed him because of value he went in the 14th and 17th rounds in the other SSLs.

Ryan Mathews finished #6 in most PPR leagues last year while splitting with Tolbert and having several nagging injuries. CJ Spiller is my personal man crush, love his upside and big play ability. I think Toby Gerhart starts week 1-6 at least and then ADP gets eased in. Ryan Williams is a shot in the dark, the Cards took him early last year because Beanie isn’t the total package, maybe just a 3rd down COP type back this season, coming back from patella tendon injury so who knows

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Earl Bennett, Rueben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Jacoby Jones

Larry Fitz anchors and odd group for me, Torrey Smith is a deep threat and Greg Little should improve with a camp and a better QB. Earl Bennett was starting to catch fire before Cutler got hurt, but I’m guessing Chicago improves the position. Rueben & Sanu are rookies who could do something or nothing grabbed 2 of the rookies hoping 1 would hit. JacobyJones is,well Jacoby jones. Not the best group in the league Im sure, but enuff pieces and parts to scrap together 3 good scores a week I’m hoping.

Witten is as solid as it gets at TE, even with all the WR options the guy still threw up a 70+ catch season, and Kendricks gets a new coaching staff and I think is still a good young TE prospect.

K - SeaBass, Longwell

D - Bolts, Saints

Got 2 of each K & D. Whatev.
Well done BSS. Usually you see some holes in a 16 team league, I don't see any on your squad.

pulling in the driveway.......

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO:

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL:

3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE:

4.10 Marcus Colston WR20 NO/FA

5.07 Steve Johnson WR26 BUF/FA

6.10 Michael Bush RB25 OAK/FA

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

9.07 Mario Manningham WR47 FA

11.07 BenJarvis Green Ellis RB50 FA

13.07 Denver DST11

14.10 Washington DST28

Got two.

15.07 Deion Branch WR79 NE:

WR5. The consensus seems to think NE brings in a WR and that Branch’s role decreases. Branch is now kind of a system guy and I think he hangs around and resigns for cheap. Reliable target that can have some nice games. If he stays and NE doesn’t bring in an impact WR I have a nice piece of the NE passing game each week with Hernandez and Branch. Branch finished in the WR40 range in most of the statistical categories so getting him as WR79 might be some value should things look similar in NE next year. Had 90 targets. He is the WR2 in NE as of this writing. I’ll take the current WR2 on one of the best passing offenses in the league. His value hinges on what transpires in NE, I’m banking on BB liking his reliable veterans.

16.10 Matt Prater PK10 DEN:

17.07 Olindo Mare PK23 CAR:

Chance Prater could get franchised and one of DEN priorities heading into the off season is securing their kicking game with Prater and Colquitt. Job security is really all I care about when drafting a PK. Prater will be kicking in the NFL somewhere, so while he finished pretty low in scoring and there were lots of other choices still around at PK, he will have a job. Mare seemed the best option left with 22 guys gone, hopefully he has another year in him.

18.10 Joseph Addai RB64 IND:

Really have no clue what to make of this pick. No clue.

19.07 Kevin Walter WR96 HOU:

WR6. Jones was supposed to have replaced him for a few years now… right?

20.10 Kyle Orton QB32 FA:

With only 6 WR’s on board, conventional drafting probably dictates that I take a WR7 here. If the object is to win these things cause nobody really cares/remembers who finishes 2-16, then this is the way to go. I figure it this way, in order to win, my top WR’s are probably going to have to stay healthy and produce. I feel pretty good about my WR group. So really what is going to help advance each week, some WR7 who may not score for me all year, or a guy that could keep me afloat should something crazy happen to Brees and/or coverage for his down/bye weeks. Hopefully Gabbert keeps his job but even so he isn’t a point machine. I almost took Orton a few rounds ago but thought I could pass.

Here is my thinking on Orton. I think he is starting for someone next September. There are a few teams out there who are going to be on the outside looking in at QB when the dust settles after the draft and Peyton Manning is either signed or not playing. I think Orton could be picked up and have chance to start for any one of these teams: CLE, JAC, KC, MIA, NYJ, AZ, MIN, SF, SEA, WAS. Worst case scenario may be that he is brought in to “compete”. If so, I could see him winning the job on any of those teams. As a KC fan, I honestly hope he resigns in KC as I think he is better than Cassel. Hopefully this gives me 3 options each week at a high scoring position. This gamble could cost me if the stars don’t align right with bye weeks/injuries at WR. Price I needed to pay and gamble I felt I needed to take with Gabbert as my QB2.

Folk and Mare are 2 guys that could be out of jobs. One thing about going early is the PK dilemma as jobs will be lost for sure. These 2 could both be in line. Even though Folk could catch on elsewhere.

Folk and Mare are 2 guys that could be out of jobs. One thing about going early is the PK dilemma as jobs will be lost for sure. These 2 could both be in line. Even though Folk could catch on elsewhere.
I have Mare...not sure who has Folk

QB - Vick, Ponder

RB - McCoy, Helu, Thomas, Hightower, Lewis

WR - Cruz, Thomas, Lloyd, Knox, Roberts, Alexander

TE - Winslow, Olsen

D - Chicago, Detriot, Indy

K - Barth, Vintieri

QB - If Vick stays injury free I have QB that will score with the guys drafted in the first for 3rd rd value. Ponder will be playing and can cover the weeks Vick misses.

RB - Really wanted Foster or Rice here as I knew I'd be targeting Vick. That bye week could hurt. Helu and Thomas will be in the mix as starters, both will get reps. Hightower is a crap shoot and Lewis insurance against McCoy getting dinged.

WR - A whole bunch of big play guys. The top three can produce with anyone in the league but will be MIA some weeks. Felt like Knox and Roberts were steals where I got them. People have soured on Alexander but he showed promise at times.

TE - Winslow is always overlooked. He was right behind the big boys this year minus the TDs which can easily come back. Olsen should improve as Newton matures and rumors in town say Shockey might retire.

D - Got three which I like to do in a 20 rd format. Each have a solid pass rush.

K - Got two

QB - Vick, PonderRB - McCoy, Helu, Thomas, Hightower, LewisWR - Cruz, Thomas, Lloyd, Knox, Roberts, AlexanderTE - Winslow, OlsenD - Chicago, Detriot, IndyK - Barth, VintieriQB - If Vick stays injury free I have QB that will score with the guys drafted in the first for 3rd rd value. Ponder will be playing and can cover the weeks Vick misses.RB - Really wanted Foster or Rice here as I knew I'd be targeting Vick. That bye week could hurt. Helu and Thomas will be in the mix as starters, both will get reps. Hightower is a crap shoot and Lewis insurance against McCoy getting dinged.WR - A whole bunch of big play guys. The top three can produce with anyone in the league but will be MIA some weeks. Felt like Knox and Roberts were steals where I got them. People have soured on Alexander but he showed promise at times.TE - Winslow is always overlooked. He was right behind the big boys this year minus the TDs which can easily come back. Olsen should improve as Newton matures and rumors in town say Shockey might retire.D - Got three which I like to do in a 20 rd format. Each have a solid pass rush.K - Got two
Wouldn't Vick's backup have been a much better use of your last pick than McCoy's?

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO

20.10 Kyle Orton QB34 KC

Hopefully Brees continues to justify first round status. His weekly above average points may be needed to cover other weaknesses on this team. No idea what to really expect from Gabbert and JAC's attitude about him. Didn't really research it much but what I have seen seems to indicate they are not ready to give up on him. Orton will be starting somewhere, heck it might even be JAC if they bring him in.

6.10 Michael Bush RB25 OAK

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

11.07 BenJarvis Green Ellis RB50 NE

18.10 Joseph Addai RB64 IND

Anticipating that Bush will be an RB1 somewhere so with that in mind I feel he is a good base for this RB group. After the big 3 (Rice, Foster, McCoy)there are some question marks at the RB position so most of us will be dumpster diving for points. Shelf life for RB's is low, Bush will want to cash in now, and there are many teams who could use a boost to their running game. If Bush is given the keys somewhere, I think he could be a top 10 back that was purchased in the 6th round. Looking back, not sure how much I like the Tate pick, but he could still produce some weekly scores as a backup to Foster, let alone if something happens and he becomes the starter. Redman could also be a starter with Mendy on PUP and looking to have lost a little of his game anyway. BJGE can have some multi TD games and he doesn't fumble. Teams will be interested in him as well. Addai is a crap shoot. This group appears to be the weakest link on this team, as it should be with none taken prior to round 6, however there is some potential for that to improve as things shake down.

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL

4.10 Marcus Colston WR20 NO

5.07 Steve Johnson WR26 BUF

9.07 Mario Manningham WR47 NYG

15.07 Deion Branch WR79 NE

19.07 Kevin Walter WR96 HOU

Really can't complain about the top 3 and Johnson and Manningham's landing spots will be important. If bye weeks don't cause any problems I sould be able to get 3 decent scores here each week. Heard that Jacoby Jones may not be back in HOU which would seem to be good news for Walter. Having Walter be a strong WR2 in HOU would help this group tremendously.

3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE

Even in a year where he played 3rd fiddle to Welker and Gronk, Hernandez put up monster numbers in this format. If that is the floor and he could actually get more of the pie, this becomes even more of a 3rd round steal. I expect Moeaki to come back strong as his injury was in preseason. Look for him to drastically outperform his draft position of a TE25 and 10th rounder.

16.10 Matt Prater PK10 DEN

17.07 Olindo Mare PK23 CAR

13.07 Denver DST11

14.10 Washington DST28

Two of each.

Overall: Pretty pleased. Stayed away from rookies. Quite a few free agents on this team so things could change. Bush and Redman may be the keys to the success or failure of this team. If I can ham and egg some decent scores each week at RB I should be okay.

had fun....good luck...

:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread