What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 1 Comments Thread (1 Viewer)

QB – 1.05 Aaron Rodgers GB

My plan going in to this draft was to get a top QB. I wasn’t primarily focused on Rodgers in the first round, but after Foster and Rice went one and two I began considering him. I have never gone solo with QBs in a survivor and have never seen anyone go solo on QBs and this will make or more likely break this team. All my eggs are in Rodgers’ basket so an injury to him, slow production from my team in his bye, or even the possibility of resting in week 16 could bring this roster down. My greatest regret is taking Arrelious Benn early in the 11th round when Jake Locker was still available. I again reconsidered adding a QB late and considered T. Jackson and Colt McCoy in the 19th round when I took Housler, but I can see both of those guys settling into back-up roles and abstained.

RB – 6.12 Shonn Greene NYJ

7.05 Mike Tolbert SD

8.12 Felix Jones DAL

9.05 Doug Martin Rookie

18.12 Vick Ballard Rookie

My second focused strategy was to wait till late on RBs and go with a committee once Foster and Rice were taken at one and two. I like the value of my first four and think that they will allow me to compete. I imagine that they will also be ranked near the league bottom, but not drafting one until the sixth round will bring that result. I also regret drafting Ballard after his combine performance, but had family obligations and was not able to watch any of the combine activities.

WR – 2.12 Greg Jennings GB

3.05 Vincent Jackson SD

4.12 Miles Austin DAL

10.12 Jacoby Ford OAK

11.05 Arrelious Benn TB

14.12 Alshon Jeffrey Rookie

15.05 Devery Henderson NO

I really like my WRs and will put them up against any group from any team in the WSLs. I think that 7 players are required here to insure consistency as WR scoring is much more variable week to week than any other position. I love my top three and think that the others have the ability to provide a few random high weeks that will boost the team. I do believe in the skill set of Jeffrey that I watched over his career at South Carolina, but realize he is on the risky side. I also like Henderson’s ability to get deep and provide a few big games, particularly if Colston is not retained. Jacoby Ford has displayed rare ability, but has not been able to stay on the field. I like his opportunity in Oakland with Carson Palmer getting established.

TE – 5.05 Dustin Keller NYJ

19.05 Robert Housler ARZ

20.12 Coby Fleener Rookie

Waited late to get a TE, but was happy to get Keller in the fifth round. I kept an eye open here for value throughout the draft, but never really spotted a guy that I wanted. I really like the potential of Housler and Fleener taken with my last two picks so I am not displeased with the overall outcome here, but again the position is on the risky side.

PK – L. Tynes 16.12 and J. Scobee 17.05 – middle of the road here

DST – Baltimore 12.12 and Green Bay 13.05 – two really nice DSTs that should be looking at drafting defense this year and have had turnover success recently already.

Lots of trouble spots with this team beginning with my solo QB. The RB position is also weak, especially if the two rookies land in a certified back-up role at best. TE is also a potential trouble spot, but WR and DST are two strengths and QB could be a strength even with only one rostered.

Please critique my team providing comments as you can.

'Captain Hook said:
'BassNBrew said:
QB - Vick, PonderRB - McCoy, Helu, Thomas, Hightower, LewisWR - Cruz, Thomas, Lloyd, Knox, Roberts, AlexanderTE - Winslow, OlsenD - Chicago, Detriot, IndyK - Barth, VintieriQB - If Vick stays injury free I have QB that will score with the guys drafted in the first for 3rd rd value. Ponder will be playing and can cover the weeks Vick misses.RB - Really wanted Foster or Rice here as I knew I'd be targeting Vick. That bye week could hurt. Helu and Thomas will be in the mix as starters, both will get reps. Hightower is a crap shoot and Lewis insurance against McCoy getting dinged.WR - A whole bunch of big play guys. The top three can produce with anyone in the league but will be MIA some weeks. Felt like Knox and Roberts were steals where I got them. People have soured on Alexander but he showed promise at times.TE - Winslow is always overlooked. He was right behind the big boys this year minus the TDs which can easily come back. Olsen should improve as Newton matures and rumors in town say Shockey might retire.D - Got three which I like to do in a 20 rd format. Each have a solid pass rush.K - Got two
Wouldn't Vick's backup have been a much better use of your last pick than McCoy's?
Wasn't 100% sure who that would be and figured Ponder would post enough points that Vick's backup would be a huge upgrade. I really shouldn't have said Lewis was taken for insurance purposes. I considered two other guys who went undrafted but figured Lewis had more upside. I would have taken him regardless. I like 5 at RB scoring each week at two spots over 3 at QB (one not scoring) to fill one spot.

QB Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning

Here is a risky proposition and even more than Holloway as his stud is better than mine. Peyton can help someone win this thing as Rivers did for me a few years ago when I got him in round 8. They make one of the best combos if Peyton plays this year. Thought real hard about Moore or Skelton in last round but you cant win without rolling the dice

RB: Foster, Wells, Ingram, James, Powell

I like this group overall. Probably did not need Powell in the end but he stuck out to me in the last round over the other names. Really think he could be the breakout year 2 player. James was for PPR and hopefully Foster stays healthy and than Wells or Ingram has good weeks each and every one. Really wish I did not take Wells in round 5 and went WR instead looking at the value of RB later in draft

WR: Wallace, Maclin, Baldwin, Lafell, Royal, Doucet. Nice 1-2 punch and than got to hope for the 3rd guy still. I like Baldwin and Lafell to both step up some this year and improve on numbers. Royal as FA hopefully catches on somewhere and Doucet is a guy I probably use 2 or 3 times as he is known to have a good game or 2 and has some talent

TE: Cook, Rudolph, Z. Miller. I was really hoping Gresham fell to me but took Cook instead. Big theme on this team is not rookies but the 2ndé3rd year player who has a year under his belt and was drafted fairly high to break out. Cook and Rudolph fit the bill. Miller a year ago was top 10 material and I think Seattle might end up improving on Jackson before start of the year and he will become more of the focus again. Really good TE and nice insurance. Going 3 here might hurt though in the end. Not sure this will be a good strategy but 2 PPR made my decision

PK: Carpenter, Hartley. Someone is going to get hurt at PK with Kasay also being drafted. But the guys I where looking at were just drafted and than Succop got hard look but KC to NO goes with rolling the dice again. Hartley is a not bad PK and I think he gets the job. Can he stay healthy is the only question. Ahead of last year where I had Hartley and a rookie and no PK by week 2.

D: Houston, SL. Houston is a heavy sack team and that is what I looked at. I think SL is going to get a ton for the 2 and will really improve there D after they get an OL and a WR. Alot of D after that and Quinn-Long will make a nice start for any team to improve.

Overall not in love with this team and Peyton will have a big say how far I go. I hated picking 1st in the end and would rather have been in the middle somewhere and gone RBBC approach more

'Stephen Holloway said:
QB – 1.05 Aaron Rodgers GBMy plan going in to this draft was to get a top QB. I wasn’t primarily focused on Rodgers in the first round, but after Foster and Rice went one and two I began considering him. I have never gone solo with QBs in a survivor and have never seen anyone go solo on QBs and this will make or more likely break this team. All my eggs are in Rodgers’ basket so an injury to him, slow production from my team in his bye, or even the possibility of resting in week 16 could bring this roster down. My greatest regret is taking Arrelious Benn early in the 11th round when Jake Locker was still available. I again reconsidered adding a QB late and considered T. Jackson and Colt McCoy in the 19th round when I took Housler, but I can see both of those guys settling into back-up roles and abstained.RB – 6.12 Shonn Greene NYJ 7.05 Mike Tolbert SD 8.12 Felix Jones DAL 9.05 Doug Martin Rookie 18.12 Vick Ballard RookieMy second focused strategy was to wait till late on RBs and go with a committee once Foster and Rice were taken at one and two. I like the value of my first four and think that they will allow me to compete. I imagine that they will also be ranked near the league bottom, but not drafting one until the sixth round will bring that result. I also regret drafting Ballard after his combine performance, but had family obligations and was not able to watch any of the combine activities. WR – 2.12 Greg Jennings GB 3.05 Vincent Jackson SD 4.12 Miles Austin DAL 10.12 Jacoby Ford OAK 11.05 Arrelious Benn TB 14.12 Alshon Jeffrey Rookie 15.05 Devery Henderson NOI really like my WRs and will put them up against any group from any team in the WSLs. I think that 7 players are required here to insure consistency as WR scoring is much more variable week to week than any other position. I love my top three and think that the others have the ability to provide a few random high weeks that will boost the team. I do believe in the skill set of Jeffrey that I watched over his career at South Carolina, but realize he is on the risky side. I also like Henderson’s ability to get deep and provide a few big games, particularly if Colston is not retained. Jacoby Ford has displayed rare ability, but has not been able to stay on the field. I like his opportunity in Oakland with Carson Palmer getting established. TE – 5.05 Dustin Keller NYJ 19.05 Robert Housler ARZ 20.12 Coby Fleener RookieWaited late to get a TE, but was happy to get Keller in the fifth round. I kept an eye open here for value throughout the draft, but never really spotted a guy that I wanted. I really like the potential of Housler and Fleener taken with my last two picks so I am not displeased with the overall outcome here, but again the position is on the risky side. PK – L. Tynes 16.12 and J. Scobee 17.05 – middle of the road hereDST – Baltimore 12.12 and Green Bay 13.05 – two really nice DSTs that should be looking at drafting defense this year and have had turnover success recently already.Lots of trouble spots with this team beginning with my solo QB. The RB position is also weak, especially if the two rookies land in a certified back-up role at best. TE is also a potential trouble spot, but WR and DST are two strengths and QB could be a strength even with only one rostered.Please critique my team providing comments as you can.
I sorry but I'm not a fan. I'm fine with riding Rodgers solo. Where you could get hurt here the most is in week 17. You could be in huge trouble at RB, especially if Greene doesn't step up his game. I think where you went wrong was the Austin pick. With two top end WRs you could have filled the 3rd spot by committee and been much better off at RB or TE. I think you provided a good assessment of you team.On a similiar note, I've tried waiting on TEs in other drafts and it seems to get harder and harder. It always seems like there are 3 guys of equal value when you pick so you wait and they all get gone by your next pick. The league I won last year I went solo with Rodgers (drafted Manning in the 4th) and had Gates/Hernadez at TE. I think that was roughly from the 12th spot. Rodgers built a big enough lead in wk16 and Flynn threw enough to Nelson in wk17 to cover it.

i'll bite....just my :2cents: ...nothing more

'Stephen Holloway said:
QB – 1.05 Aaron Rodgers GBnot a fan of going solo....one of the nice things about having Rodgers in this format is that he can carry you most weeks and keep you in the hunt...a definate advantage....however there will be occasions besides the bye weeks where he could throw up a dud....not having another option to possibly help on those occasions limits the advantage you just gained at QB by securing Rodgers in the first round....all those weeks where he would then continue to help you advance become wasted because you are out...while it's nice to sit back and load up at other positions while the rest of the league is securing QB2' and 3's...flying solo at a high scoring position is a huge risk....maybe something more appropriate for PK or DST...not backing him up is almost criminal...if you really think the players you took in the later part of the draft will give you that much more of an advantage and prevent you from being eliminated more than the weekly risk of flying solo, then so be it....a definate loose cannon approach...ballsy...and all those other words....but the shock value could wear off at some point and leave you watching him have those huge weeks all for not....RB – 6.12 Shonn Greene NYJ 7.05 Mike Tolbert SD 8.12 Felix Jones DAL 9.05 Doug Martin Rookie 18.12 Vick Ballard RookieDon't know enough about the rooks at this point to comment....Greene could be looking at a reduced role and who knows where Tolbert ends up.....actually think Felix could bounce back more than people think should things fall his way....might struggle for consistent production here... WR – 2.12 Greg Jennings GB 3.05 Vincent Jackson SD 4.12 Miles Austin DAL 10.12 Jacoby Ford OAK 11.05 Arrelious Benn TB 14.12 Alshon Jeffrey Rookie 15.05 Devery Henderson NOlove your top 5....strength here...agreed that one of the last 3 could have been a QB of some sort...TE – 5.05 Dustin Keller NYJ 19.05 Robert Housler ARZ 20.12 Coby Fleener RookieI haven't jumped on the Housler train but maybe I am missing something....Keller may have to carry this group which is kind of scary....PK – L. Tynes 16.12 and J. Scobee 17.05 – middle of the road hereDST – Baltimore 12.12 and Green Bay 13.05 – two really nice DSTs that should be looking at drafting defense this year and have had turnover success recently already.agree that WR and DST (love em) are strengths and really the QB spot obviously is.....but the strength is minimized by flying solo...not saying it because I snagged him in round 20....but Orton may have been a solid addition to this team somewhere in the first 19 rounds and ended up making that position a huge strength when the dust settles should he become a starter somewhere....Please critique my team providing comments as you can.best of luck Maverick.....never leave your wingman.... :banned:

players I wanted but didn't quite fall to me...

Hillis at 7.07 (really wanted this one)

McGahee at 9.07

Plaxico or Jacobs at 12.10

Royal at 19.07 (think he gets picked up elsewhere and is used more like he was as a rook)

I would have really thought about Turner over S. Johnson in the 5th had Hell not taken him...

liked being able to add Branch in the 15th during that little lull in DST/PK run area...

guys I thought went a little earlier than expected...

Stafford

Charles

Peterson

Bowe

Fred Davis

Demar Thomas

Flacco (before some QB's still there)

Mendenhall

Pitta

Last edited by a moderator:

QB - Brady, RG3

Love this duo. Brady averages 27.5 PPG. That should be enough to hold serve at the QB area each week and make up for some of the deficiencies of the other positions. RG3 is a good play in this format too with his running stats.

RB - McFadden, T. Richardson(rookie), K.Hunter, Hardesty,

Getting McFadden in the 2nd was a surprise. I never thought he would still be there. He's been injured almost every season. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season. The top rookie RB almost always exceeds his draft spot in these. Hunter will see more usage this year in order to keep Gore strong throughout the season and Hardesty may be the only man standing in CLEV after free agency opens.

WR - Crabtree, Blackman(rookie), L.Moore, D.Baldwin, S.Breaston, J.Morgan, S.Hill (rookie), A.Arrignton

Not a lot of substance here. That is why I drafted 8 players. Hopefully I can get three decent scores a week here.

TE - Pettigrew, Pitta

If Pettigrew can repeat last years numbers i will be happy. I see no reason why he can't. Pitta was showing signs of reliability towards the end of the season. I think he could sneak in for a useful score a couple of weeks.

K - Crosby, Nugent

Two top 10 Kickers last year with no job question marks.

D/ST - NE, CAR

Average Defenses.

Overall

B+

I followed my draft plan to perfection. Try to get a strong QB with no risk. A better than average TE, Serviceable RB's and a whole lot of WR's. As with any team in this league, your first first week could be your last. But, I have been following a successful blue print for years and its paid off, so I see no reason why it should change.

QB

Cutler, Cassel

Not thrilled with my QBs. Hoping that Cutler gets his act together with a new OC & Cassell & his new OC do as well together as they did in NE.

RB

Rice, F. Jackson, Hillis, D. Carter, B. Batch

This group is growing on me. Rice is a stud. Jackson has a gritty side which makes me think he'll work hard to get back to hos 2011 form. Hillis is a big question mark. He might bust, but I couldn't pass him up in the 7th. Someone has to run the ball in Indy. Might as well be Carter. Batch looked great in camp last year until he blew out his knee & his rehab has gone well.

WR

J. Nelson, Julio Jones, E. Decker, J. Gaffney, M. Thomas, D. Bess

I didn't buy into the Jordy Nelson hype coming into this past season, but that was a mistake (& probably lingering resentment over him torching the Steelers in the SB). I'm all aboard the Julio train next year. I think Atlanta is morphing into a passing offense & he has Roddy drawing the double coverage. Not sure what I'll get from Decker. Wish Denver had a better passing QB, but I think he'll get some long scores on broken plays when Tebow is scrambling. Gaffney, Thomas & Bess make up solid depth.

TE

Celek, H. Miller, A. Fasano

No studs, but Vick finally noticed he had a capable TE toward the end of last season. Miller will have an occasional big game & hopefully Fasano will fill in any gaps.

Gould, Cundiff

NY Giants, Cleveland

All in all, not too bad IMO.

Manning NYG

Palmer Oak

2 Quality starters

Jackson Phi

Collie Ind

Cobb GB

Brown SD

Sanders Pitt

Kerley NYJ

Hartline Mia

Really not sure what i have here. Just about every player has question marks or was a player im gambling on breaking out in year 2 or 3.

Lynch Sea

Bush Mia

Thomas NO

Reece Oak

Clay Mia

Lynch and bush are strong starters and thomas when healthy is a beast. Added the 2 fullbacks who catch the most passes. Both have new head coaches who I am hoping will utilize them more.

Gronk NE

Dreessen FA

After grabbing Gronk in the 1st I waited till the 19th to back him up with dressen who is a FA and could help alot of teams as their main catching TE.

Gostkowski NE

Hanson Det

solid kickers on top 5 offenses

SF

Cinci

solid

overall this team will perform as the WR squad performs. feel like im strong enough everywhere else to contend.

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO 12.10 Blaine Gabbert QB31 JAC20.10 Kyle Orton QB34 KCHopefully Brees continues to justify first round status. His weekly above average points may be needed to cover other weaknesses on this team. No idea what to really expect from Gabbert and JAC's attitude about him. Didn't really research it much but what I have seen seems to indicate they are not ready to give up on him. Orton will be starting somewhere, heck it might even be JAC if they bring him in. 6.10 Michael Bush RB25 OAK7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU8.10 Isaac Redman RB35 PIT11.07 BenJarvis Green Ellis RB50 NE18.10 Joseph Addai RB64 INDAnticipating that Bush will be an RB1 somewhere so with that in mind I feel he is a good base for this RB group. After the big 3 (Rice, Foster, McCoy)there are some question marks at the RB position so most of us will be dumpster diving for points. Shelf life for RB's is low, Bush will want to cash in now, and there are many teams who could use a boost to their running game. If Bush is given the keys somewhere, I think he could be a top 10 back that was purchased in the 6th round. Looking back, not sure how much I like the Tate pick, but he could still produce some weekly scores as a backup to Foster, let alone if something happens and he becomes the starter. Redman could also be a starter with Mendy on PUP and looking to have lost a little of his game anyway. BJGE can have some multi TD games and he doesn't fumble. Teams will be interested in him as well. Addai is a crap shoot. This group appears to be the weakest link on this team, as it should be with none taken prior to round 6, however there is some potential for that to improve as things shake down. 2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL4.10 Marcus Colston WR20 NO5.07 Steve Johnson WR26 BUF9.07 Mario Manningham WR47 NYG15.07 Deion Branch WR79 NE19.07 Kevin Walter WR96 HOUReally can't complain about the top 3 and Johnson and Manningham's landing spots will be important. If bye weeks don't cause any problems I sould be able to get 3 decent scores here each week. Heard that Jacoby Jones may not be back in HOU which would seem to be good news for Walter. Having Walter be a strong WR2 in HOU would help this group tremendously. 3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE10.10 Tony Moeaki TE25 KCEven in a year where he played 3rd fiddle to Welker and Gronk, Hernandez put up monster numbers in this format. If that is the floor and he could actually get more of the pie, this becomes even more of a 3rd round steal. I expect Moeaki to come back strong as his injury was in preseason. Look for him to drastically outperform his draft position of a TE25 and 10th rounder. 16.10 Matt Prater PK10 DEN17.07 Olindo Mare PK23 CAR 13.07 Denver DST1114.10 Washington DST28 Two of each.Overall: Pretty pleased. Stayed away from rookies. Quite a few free agents on this team so things could change. Bush and Redman may be the keys to the success or failure of this team. If I can ham and egg some decent scores each week at RB I should be okay. had fun....good luck... :banned:
Orton 3 years to DAL....uh oh..... :wall:

wow ref you have almost all of the FAs

most are still unsettled but i wouldnt be surprised to see gabbert lose his job to henne. with brees its not gonna sink you either way.

wow ref you have almost all of the FAsmost are still unsettled but i wouldnt be surprised to see gabbert lose his job to henne. with brees its not gonna sink you either way.
yeah....qb could bite me...price I pay for waiting....really thought orton would go somewhere where he could start...gabbert could hold off henne....we'll seerb's could fall into place...Bush/Cincy...Redman no competition?...Foster injury...BJGE and Adaii get good gigs...like seeing colston and johnson stay put....

Crippler with a bug UPS in the QB value since the draft, but looking at several other teams there has been some significant value loss. Helltoupee also looking better with Flynn in Seatlle teamed with Cam Newton.

Duckboy has Schaub and Sanchez - potential lower for Sanchez with Tebow there

Stinkin Ref - Brees (will he maintain efficiency without Coach Payton), Gabbert must fend off Henne, and Orton Dallas back-up

Norseman - Sam Bradford (holding but no WRs added yet), Tebow (decrease at NYJ) and Joe Webb

BSS - Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick (both should be OK), but Tarvaris Jackson much lower

Captain Hook - Dalton and Kolb (can Kolb keep his job)

'Stephen Holloway said:
Crippler with a bug UPS in the QB value since the draft, but looking at several other teams there has been some significant value loss. Helltoupee also looking better with Flynn in Seatlle teamed with Cam Newton.Duckboy has Schaub and Sanchez - potential lower for Sanchez with Tebow thereStinkin Ref - Brees (will he maintain efficiency without Coach Payton), Gabbert must fend off Henne, and Orton Dallas back-upNorseman - Sam Bradford (holding but no WRs added yet), Tebow (decrease at NYJ) and Joe WebbBSS - Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick (both should be OK), but Tarvaris Jackson much lowerCaptain Hook - Dalton and Kolb (can Kolb keep his job)
norseman may have locked down the rams starter between bradford and tebowdillo lookin better with bjge the new bengals starter (probably)

'Stephen Holloway said:
Crippler with a bug UPS in the QB value since the draft, but looking at several other teams there has been some significant value loss. Helltoupee also looking better with Flynn in Seatlle teamed with Cam Newton.

Duckboy has Schaub and Sanchez - potential lower for Sanchez with Tebow there

Stinkin Ref - Brees (will he maintain efficiency without Coach Payton), Gabbert must fend off Henne, and Orton Dallas back-up

Norseman - Sam Bradford (holding but no WRs added yet), Tebow (decrease at NYJ) and Joe Webb

BSS - Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick (both should be OK), but Tarvaris Jackson much lower

Captain Hook - Dalton and Kolb (can Kolb keep his job)
norseman may have locked down the rams starter between bradford and tebowdillo lookin better with bjge the new bengals starter (probably)
think that Stinkin Ref guy has BJGE....... :banned:

After Further Review..... :penalty: (red flag not yellow)...

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO

12.10 Blaine Gabbert QB31 JAC

20.10 Kyle Orton QB34 DAL

Brees is the man baby....!

dang...really thought Orton would start/compete to start somewhere...hopefully Henne sucks donkey balls this summer.....

6.10 Michael Bush RB25 CHI

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

8.10 Isaac Redman RB35 PIT

11.07 BenJarvis Green Ellis RB50 CIN

18.10 Joseph Addai RB64 IND

well not exactly what I had in mind...Bush situation way worse than I thought, really thought he'd land somewhere with potential to be a RB1...so that hurts this unit a bunch....but with BJGE in the 11th and at RB50, I guess I can't complain about how it looks for him right now....just need to see what CIN decides to do in the draft....in my mind I saw Bush to Cincy and BJGE returning to NE...still believe Redman could be thr RB1 in PIT and Addai finding a home would be nice, reports are maybe DEN and that wouldn't be terrible...

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL

4.10 Marcus Colston WR20 NO

5.07 Steve Johnson WR26 BUF

9.07 Mario Manningham WR47 SF

15.07 Deion Branch WR79 NE

19.07 Kevin Walter WR96 HOU

loved seeing Colston and Johnson stay put....chemistry with same QB is nice here as I am sometimes worried about even very good receivers having a solid transition stat wise if they go to new teams....Manningham I guess has to be a downgrade because of the QB change even though his role as a WR3 (depending on Moss progress) seems to be about the same right now...although increased TE targets also decrease his perceived value right now...Branch just resigned with NE today, but I have no idea how the WR situation will shake out there with the new guys coming in, so this is also a downgrade at the moment...

13.07 Denver DST11

14.10 Washington DST28

gotta think maybe actually playing with a lead every once in awhile could be good for the Denver D....right...?

Manning NYGPalmer Oak2 Quality startersJackson PhiCollie IndCobb GBBrown SDSanders PittKerley NYJHartline MiaReally not sure what i have here. Just about every player has question marks or was a player im gambling on breaking out in year 2 or 3.Lynch SeaBush MiaThomas NOReece OakClay MiaLynch and bush are strong starters and thomas when healthy is a beast. Added the 2 fullbacks who catch the most passes. Both have new head coaches who I am hoping will utilize them more.Gronk NEDreessen FAAfter grabbing Gronk in the 1st I waited till the 19th to back him up with dressen who is a FA and could help alot of teams as their main catching TE.Gostkowski NEHanson Detsolid kickers on top 5 offensesSF Cincisolidoverall this team will perform as the WR squad performs. feel like im strong enough everywhere else to contend.
djax stays in philly :thumbup: vjax leaves SD. brown looking up :thumbup: dreesen to sign in denver today. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: bush leaves raiders. reece looking up. :thumbup:

QB - Vick, Ponder

RB - McCoy, Helu, Thomas, Hightower, Lewis

WR - Cruz, Thomas, Lloyd, Knox, Roberts, Alexander

TE - Winslow, Olsen

D - Chicago, Detriot, Indy

K - Barth, Vintieri

Screwed the pooch with the KInox selection, but made out great with Thomas and Lloyd since this draft went down.

top two qb's out week 6...brees and gabbert...have orton...but in trouble

rest of schedule is cake....

need week 5 immunity...

QB - Brady 9, RG3 10

Love this duo. Brady averages 27.5 PPG. That should be enough to hold serve at the QB area each week and make up for some of the deficiencies of the other positions. RG3 is a good play in this format too with his running stats.

RB - McFadden 5 , T. Richardson(rookie), K.Hunter 9, Hardesty 11,

Getting McFadden in the 2nd was a surprise. I never thought he would still be there. He's been injured almost every season. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season. The top rookie RB almost always exceeds his draft spot in these. Hunter will see more usage this year in order to keep Gore strong throughout the season and Hardesty may be the only man standing in CLEV after free agency opens.

WR - Crabtree 9, Blackman(rookie), L.Moore 6, D.Baldwin 11, S.Breaston 7, J.Morgan 10, S.Hill (rookie), A.Arrignton 6

Not a lot of substance here. That is why I drafted 8 players. Hopefully I can get three decent scores a week here.

TE - Pettigrew 5, Pitta 8

If Pettigrew can repeat last years numbers i will be happy. I see no reason why he can't. Pitta was showing signs of reliability towards the end of the season. I think he could sneak in for a useful score a couple of weeks.

K - Crosby 10, Nugent 8

Two top 10 Kickers last year with no job question marks.

D/ST - NE 9, CAR 6

Average Defenses.

Overall

B+

I followed my draft plan to perfection. Try to get a strong QB with no risk. A better than average TE, Serviceable RB's and a whole lot of WR's. As with any team in this league, your first first week could be your last. But, I have been following a successful blue print for years and its paid off, so I see no reason why it should change.

Review of bye weeks and the first three rounds of the NFL Draft

QB – 1.05 Aaron Rodgers (10) GB

Aaron Rodgers is on bye in week 10, which is not nearly as early as I was hoping for. Bad news on the bye week.

RB – 6.12 Shonn Greene (9) NYJ

7.05 Mike Tolbert (6) Car

8.12 Felix Jones (5) DAL

9.05 Doug Martin (5) Bucs

18.12 Vick Ballard Rookie

Shaky situation at RB with Tolbert going to Carolina and being the third guy there. Good news with Martin being drafted ny the Bucs. Ballard disappointed at the Combine and is still waiting to be drafted.

WR – 2.12 Greg Jennings (10) GB

3.05 Vincent Jackson (5) TB

4.12 Miles Austin (5) DAL

10.12 Jacoby Ford (5) OAK

11.05 Arrelious Benn (5) TB

14.12 Alshon Jeffrey (6) Bears

15.05 Devery Henderson (6) NO

The strength that I saw here in January has been impacted by free agency and the bye weeks. Jackson going to Tampa Bay should reduce Benn's opportunities AND four of my WRs are off in week 5. I really like Jeffrey'a landing spot in Chicago so that was a valuepick in the 14th. Sine this position was the early focus and most of the rcent news has provided negativve impact, this team overall is not as strong as I thought in January.

TE – 5.05 Dustin Keller (9) NYJ

19.05 Robert Housler 10) ARZ

20.12 Coby Fleener (4) Colts

Better news here with bye weeks and Fleener going to Indianapolis to join his college teammate Andrew Luck. That 20th round pick will pay dividends.

PK – L. Tynes (11) NYG 16.12 and J. Scobee(6) 17.05 no bye week toubles

DST – Baltimore (8) 12.12 and Green Bay (10) 13.05 no bye week toubles

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO

couple new additions for Gabbert to chuck it to....bye week issues big time

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

Bush landing spot was not ideal....BJGE in 11th looks solid....draft was kind to Redman...and now Addai to NE...overall small bump to this group

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL

small bump to Walter possibly evens out Branch downgrade

3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE

10.10 Tony Moeaki TE25 KC

16.10 Matt Prater PK10 DEN

17.07 Olindo Mare PK23 CAR

13.07 Denver DST11

14.10 Washington DST28

offensive side of ball on these units improve so could help the DST...Prater gets a bump....Mare could be trouble...

:ptts:

Stinkin Ref

Booted: Week 8

1.07 Drew Brees QB3 NO

7.07 Ben Tate RB33 HOU

2.10 Roddy White WR6 ATL

3.07 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE

10.10 Tony Moeaki TE25 KC

16.10 Matt Prater PK10 DEN

17.07 Olindo Mare PK23 CAR

13.07 Denver DST11

14.10 Washington DST28

Can’t believe I made it through week 6 with no QB so I guess I should be happy….but

Why I was booted:

I want to blame all of my exits on Aaron Hernandez. But while he definitely did not help things and he definitely did not produce anywhere close to where I drafted him, I gotta say a big factor was my strategy to sacrifice the RB position in most of these drafts. (Moeaki actually contributed 12+ filling in for Hernandez week 8.) At the time of this draft Michael Bush was a free agent and I fully expected him to end up the starter somewhere. He was my first RB taken. Followed him up with Tate, Redman, BJGE, and Addai. Honestly felt pretty good about that group at the time. However, both Tate and BJGE had byes in week 8, and Addai is playing ping pong somewhere. My total of .50 at the RB position for the week ain’t gonna cut it. Honestly thought I would be able to have some consistent scoring here, but the perfect storm hit with bye weeks and an untimely injury to Redman. Brees and White having sub-par games didn’t help.

Best pick:

Could be Steve Johnson in the 5th (he quietly started for me almost every week) but it probably has to be BJGE in the 11th (he did start for me every week except for his bye week, which was the week I was eliminated).

Worst pick:

All of my RB’s not named BJGE, Branch, Addai, and Mare. Lloyd signing hurt Branch.

What I learned:

Honestly not much. At the time, and even now, I think this was a pretty solid draft. Injuries to Tate and Hernandez really hurt, but still doesn’t mean they were bad picks where I took them. Fully expected Tate to still have those weeks where he would post a score. But his injury and the week 8 bye hurt. I guess I could have backed Brees up a little sooner with someone who has a little more pop (he only posted 22 points in week 8). At the time of this draft I really thought my picks of the free agents would be a sneaky strategy. BGJE kinda paid off, but Bush and Orton didn’t. Is this gonna make me change my strategy and focus more on RB's when we tee these up again? Probably not, but maybe. I think if anything....if I want to make a better showing in any of these survivior drafts, I need to do a little more research on the rookies, Doug Martin went in the 9th round in this draft......he would have looked good on this team.

good luck to those remaining....(quick look at who is left I think it comes down to Fiddles or BSS with a slight lean towards BSS)....

:banned:

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tarvaris Jackson

Matt Ryan while his playoff success isn’t anything to write home about, I certainly think his FF performance will be very good this coming season, Julio Jones will have a full camp and a new hopefulyl less conservative OC should loosen the regins. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a capable backup that has big game potential. Tarvaris was a 20th round pick just grabbed him because of value he went in the 14th and 17th rounds in the other SSLs.

RB - Ryan Mathews, CJ Spiller, Toby Gerhart, Ryan Williams

Ryan Mathews finished #6 in most PPR leagues last year while splitting with Tolbert and having several nagging injuries. CJ Spiller is my personal man crush, love his upside and big play ability. I think Toby Gerhart starts week 1-6 at least and then ADP gets eased in. Ryan Williams is a shot in the dark, the Cards took him early last year because Beanie isn’t the total package, maybe just a 3rd down COP type back this season, coming back from patella tendon injury so who knows

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Earl Bennett, Rueben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Jacoby Jones

Larry Fitz anchors and odd group for me, Torrey Smith is a deep threat and Greg Little should improve with a camp and a better QB. Earl Bennett was starting to catch fire before Cutler got hurt, but I’m guessing Chicago improves the position. Rueben & Sanu are rookies who could do something or nothing grabbed 2 of the rookies hoping 1 would hit. JacobyJones is,well Jacoby jones. Not the best group in the league Im sure, but enuff pieces and parts to scrap together 3 good scores a week I’m hoping.

TE - Jason Witten, Lance Kendricks

Witten is as solid as it gets at TE, even with all the WR options the guy still threw up a 70+ catch season, and Kendricks gets a new coaching staff and I think is still a good young TE prospect.

K - SeaBass, Longwell

D - Bolts, Saints

Got 2 of each K & D. Whatev.
Well done BSS. Usually you see some holes in a 16 team league, I don't see any on your squad.
Booted week11. Boy did ryan Mathews bust, made up for that by CJ Spiller being a monster.

I will never, ever, never take Larry Fitz again until Ariz really addresses that QB position. what a joke

Good team, but not quiet good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread