What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (1 Viewer)

It might have worked better if they had just shipped him off to Texas, ignored him for 4 episodes, and have him show back up with his fiancee at the end of the season
Possibly, though that would mean all of his screen time would be taken up by some more panoramic shots of cowboys herding cattle, or horse dancing.

Coin flip for some people I'm sure.

I actually liked this season. It seemed like they took a bit of a breath from all the explosions and kidnappings and full on machine gun shootouts between rival squads and focused a bit more on political gamesmanship and personal relationships. Don’t get me wrong, elements of the plot were still ridiculous and over the top but it wasn’t as bombastic as past seasons. 
Ditto.    Watchable season.   Even if at times I started to think may be they jumped the shark. they would come back with a great scene and suck me back in.  And I thought the finale was on point.  Liked it a lot.

consider yourself lucky, we have one in our family and it is painful. I also work with a lot of Beth’s, i think the military is where they tend to thrive as it embraces alphas no matter what sex. 
Dude, me too. My youngest will rule this world or destroy it. She hasn’t decided yet. You’ll know before I do. 

Who the hell was the first guy in line to say goodbye to Jimmy the day he left ?

Lol. I thought the same thing.  Makes no sense to squeeze someone in like that unless it’s Taylor Sheridan’s bother or something.  

:lol:  dude's been in the show the whole time.  

Known as “ranch hand #3”. 
Naw man. The first dude lined up has never been in the show. He didn’t even say his name or anything. Musta won a contest or something.

(Not Jake. Jake has glasses and dark hair. This dude has a longer light brown beard) 

Naw man. The first dude lined up has never been in the show. He didn’t even say his name or anything. Musta won a contest or something.

(Not Jake. Jake has glasses and dark hair. This dude has a longer light brown beard) 
Yeah, I knew he was never on the show. Wasn’t worth arguing about 

Having just finished season 4 of Ozark, it made me realize Yellowstone is above average TV at best. 

I still enjoy it, but there are some shows that are just on a whole different level. 

Having just finished season 4 of Ozark, it made me realize Yellowstone is above average TV at best. 

I still enjoy it, but there are some shows that are just on a whole different level. 

I think Yellowstone gets a little leeway because it scratches the western-ish and horses itch that really isnt available with any other show (outside of 1883 now). 

Doesn't really matter but I probably like 1883 a bit better
I definitely like 1883 better right now. Then again I really liked S1 of Yellowstone so if I were to compare both S1's not sure if I'd feel the same.  S4 of Yellowstone is by far the worst of the series, IMO so not really a good comparison between S1 of 1883 and S4 of Yellowstone.  Generally after a few seasons the story goes haywire. Hopefully 1883 can maintain it's high level for a while.

If anyone hasn't watched Yellowstone yet, like me. There's a marathon starting Saturday morning. I set my DVR so I can watch them all soon.

I definitely like 1883 better right now. Then again I really liked S1 of Yellowstone so if I were to compare both S1's not sure if I'd feel the same. S4 of Yellowstone is by far the worst of the series, IMO so not really a good comparison between S1 of 1883 and S4 of Yellowstone. Generally after a few seasons the story goes haywire. Hopefully 1883 can maintain it's high level for a while.
1883 is a one and done. It won’t be coming back. The next one and done is 1923 which will focus on the next generation of the Dutton family.

I'm a huge Kelly Reilly fan and this show was, for me, insufferable. Slow, ponderous, making it clear bad guys would punish good guys, glorifying Kevin Costner, slow, ponderous, slow, ponderous. I bailed during season 1 and don't want back in. Still like Kelly Reilly.

I definitely like 1883 better right now. Then again I really liked S1 of Yellowstone so if I were to compare both S1's not sure if I'd feel the same. S4 of Yellowstone is by far the worst of the series, IMO so not really a good comparison between S1 of 1883 and S4 of Yellowstone. Generally after a few seasons the story goes haywire. Hopefully 1883 can maintain it's high level for a while.
1883 is a one and done. It won’t be coming back. The next one and done is 1923 which will focus on the next generation of the Dutton family.
With Harrison Ford. Assume he’s Dutton?

1883 is dead? Never watched it. Was it any good?

It was only meant to be one season

It was always meant to be a 1 and done and yes, it was very good. Very different than Yellowstone. It's a drama, not a ton of action but a lot of heartbreak. I thought it was excellent.

I'm a huge Kelly Reilly fan and this show was, for me, insufferable. Slow, ponderous, making it clear bad guys would punish good guys, glorifying Kevin Costner, slow, ponderous, slow, ponderous. I bailed during season 1 and don't want back in. Still like Kelly Reilly.
She was one of the reasons I hated the show. Got about 5 episodes in season 1 and had seen enough.

I haven’t heard the Harrison Ford thing. Is that real?

I haven’t heard the Harrison Ford thing. Is that real?

Yup /stonerharrisonfordresponse

It was always meant to be a 1 and done and yes, it was very good. Very different than Yellowstone. It's a drama, not a ton of action but a lot of heartbreak. I thought it was excellent.
"A lot of heartbreak" seriously undersells how depressing the show becomes. But it was very well done.

"A lot of heartbreak" seriously undersells how depressing the show becomes. But it was very well done.
Yeah, I think it shows how hard life on the American frontier really was well

God, tonight was a tough watch. This show is awful half the time, yet I keep watching.

Is this your cooler?

God, tonight was a tough watch. This show is awful half the time, yet I keep watching.

Is this your cooler?
I agree. Not really feeling this show anymore. I thought I read somewhere there was no expectations for this show to go more than a season or two and it feels like it.

Is this your cooler?
I agree. Not really feeling this show anymore. I thought I read somewhere there was no expectations for this show to go more than a season or two and it feels like it.
Still enjoy it but the predictable nature of every single episode having a major tragedy happen is getting tiresome. How many more bad things can happen to Monica (aka Mrs Happy- that’s what my wife and I call her as she’s not a Debbie Downer at all. 🙄).

Is this your cooler?
Still enjoy it but the predictable nature of every single episode having a major tragedy happen is getting tiresome. How many more bad things can happen to Monica (aka Mrs Happy- that’s what my wife and I call her as she’s not a Debbie Downer at all. 🙄).
Don't forget Tate! Off the top of my head he....fell in a river, lost his uncles, got attacked by a rattle snake, watched mom take a hit to head resulting in brain surgery, got kidnapped and head shaved, killed a guy, got into a car wreck, and lost his unborn brother. Did he fall off of a horse yet? He will.

Most of this happened by the age of ten lol.

I had to do some googling to see if the was the same kid actor who plays Carter, he sure has changed since the last time we saw him.

Just starting out ,on episode 7 season 1

Makes me think of Bonanza and the Ponderosa but rated R

I like it

Loved seeing one of my fave bands Shane Smith & The Saints get a ton of love at the Dutton party scene. Sheridan is clearly a fan.

Had just seen them blow the roof off the place in a small club show a week prior. Fantastic band if you ever get a chance to see them. On tour now.

Why didn't they just send the wolves to the train station? The guys would have have never found them there.

Why didn't they just send the wolves to the train station? The guys would have have never found them there.
The wolves are probably riding the train the north.. But had to get the collars to go on a very long ride in the opposite direction.. Unfortunately one of the collars didn't follow the plan as laid out, thus the tracking.. As with the train to nowhere, I believe the collar storyline will join it. 🚋

Because they had to make it look like the wolves were following their normal wolf patterns, then accidentally disappear. A gps driving to the train station would have been a complete giveaway

Users who are viewing this thread