What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (1 Viewer)

i’m always amazed at the people that watch shows they aren’t impressed by or simply don’t like, says more about the viewer than it does about the show. 

Agree that this season was underwhelming compared to the other 3..

Well.. Daddy-o is no longer, and like Beth didn't already own Jamie before, he is 100% OWNED now..  I agree with Beth, he would have been better off with option 1 or 2. :eek:  

Season 5 looks like it will go back to corporate warfare as Beth is in deep dodo with Market Equities. Guessing they'll jump ahead a bit for season 5 so they can keep the Summer storyline going and probably get John into the governorship.

Oh, and seems Kayce choose the path that doesn't include his wife and kids. Guessing back to Yellowstone to take over for his Dad.

The Kayce storyline is boring unless he is back at Yellowstone. Less Monica and Tate. 

We need more Rip and less Beth moving forward. While I like Beth, it seemed like the entire season was based off her character. She did look good in that gold dress, that inmate is going to be choking his chicken to that image for some time. 

It really pissed me off when Beth was called momma and she reacted the way she did. Poor kid, maybe John will take him under his wing like Tate when he first got to the ranch. 

Edit: I thought Tate's name was Chase for some reason ha, irrelevant character. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually came around on how they finished the Jimmy storyline.  Drug addict to Cowboy and now lives by the Cowboy code.  I'm fine with it and hope he's gone off to Texas and we never hear from him again.  

Episode 9 was a puker for Beth.  They could have just skipped right over her falling out and back in with daddy, unnecessary

The show is what it is, dumb plots like the judge not listening to John and sentencing hippy chick to 14 year min, then John talking to him again right after changing his mind.  It can't be top notch tv with really bad acting characters like Jamie, but, a lot of people really like this show.  Nighttime soap opera.  

I'm not your mom!

I actually came around on how they finished the Jimmy storyline.  Drug addict to Cowboy and now lives by the Cowboy code.  I'm fine with it and hope he's gone off to Texas and we never hear from him again.  

Episode 9 was a puker for Beth.  They could have just skipped right over her falling out and back in with daddy, unnecessary

The show is what it is, dumb plots like the judge not listening to John and sentencing hippy chick to 14 year min, then John talking to him again right after changing his mind.  It can't be top notch tv with really bad acting characters like Jamie, but, a lot of people really like this show.  Nighttime soap opera.  

I'm not your mom!
As soon as John wins the Governor’s race, he can pardon hippie chick, right?  Not sure why that wasn’t brought up. Heck, he could just ask the current Governor to pardon her. Sure, it would be a bit awkward since he’s slept with both, but it’s not like John Dutton has any shame. 

I'm not your mom!
I'd say 99% chance you see him again.. Lots of rumors of 6666 being the next spin-off.

I like where Jimmy ended.. Just hated they wasted so much time on his story line to get there. There were parts that took 15 to 20 minutes of an episode that could have been wrapped up in 2.

Time to sign up for Paramount+ so I can continue watching 1883 :popcorn:

I'd say 99% chance you see him again.. Lots of rumors of 6666 being the next spin-off.

I like where Jimmy ended.. Just hated they wasted so much time on his story line to get there. There were parts that took 15 to 20 minutes of an episode that could have been wrapped up in 2.

Time to sign up for Paramount+ so I can continue watching 1883 :popcorn:
Yeah, I'm all in on 1883 too.  Still soap opera, but not too bad so far, lots of red shirts dyeing.  The most irritable part is James Daulton looking exactly like Rip.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
How does Jamie not shoot Beth and toss her over the cliff at the "Train Station"?  
He is driving his dead dad, that he shot, to the train station.. you think he'd bring the incriminating weapon with him :confused:

He is driving his dead dad, that he shot, to the train station.. you think he'd bring the incriminating weapon with him :confused:
I think when you have a dead body in your custody and control and you are an attorney who ought to know that you don't go taking corpses out for Sunday joyrides past body disposal sites that possession of the murder weapon adds very little to the case.  On the other hand it might aid him in getting away were he stopped. It certainly would have come in handy, as it turned out, if he could have marshalled his manhood to have killed her.  Besides, I would have liked to see Jaime on the lamb and a homicidal Rip hunting him down.

I still want some unsuspecting trail rider to stumble upon the bottom of the train station and count how many bodies are found out there.  Might even bring back Temperance Brennan and Agent Booth to investigate....

I think when you have a dead body in your custody and control and you are an attorney who ought to know that you don't go taking corpses out for Sunday joyrides past body disposal sites that possession of the murder weapon adds very little to the case.  On the other hand it might aid him in getting away were he stopped. It certainly would have come in handy, as it turned out, if he could have marshalled his manhood to have killed her.  Besides, I would have liked to see Jaime on the lamb and a homicidal Rip hunting him down.
There is your mistake.. thinking Jamie has any Manhood ;)

bigbottom said:
As soon as John wins the Governor’s race, he can pardon hippie chick, right?  Not sure why that wasn’t brought up. Heck, he could just ask the current Governor to pardon her. Sure, it would be a bit awkward since he’s slept with both, but it’s not like John Dutton has any shame. 
She's getting 8 months.   She'll be out by the time he gets sworn in.

I’m talking about when John went all apoplectic because it was 14 years.
Right, but he'd already determined that he was going to call in his favor with the judge.   The judge was making a statement and knew that it was going to be reduced.   

I must have missed why Beth hates Jamie so much.  Even before the "hit" was done on the family.   Didn't Jamie take her to get an abortion because Beth wanted it?     Why doesn't Jamie just tell Beth that if you don't want RIP to know about your abortion leave me the #### alone!?   

The only way I can stand to see Beth anymore on this show if she wears that Gold dress all the time no matter what the scene is ... riding horses, getting in and out of a horse trough,  throwing food at the dinner table.     

I must have missed why Beth hates Jamie so much.  Even before the "hit" was done on the family.   Didn't Jamie take her to get an abortion because Beth wanted it?     Why doesn't Jamie just tell Beth that if you don't want RIP to know about your abortion leave me the #### alone!?   

The only way I can stand to see Beth anymore on this show if she wears that Gold dress all the time no matter what the scene is ... riding horses, getting in and out of a horse trough,  throwing food at the dinner table.     

Jamie took her to an abortion clinic on the res that gave her a hysterectomy.   Jamie didn't tell her that that's what they were going to do.  She can never have kids because of him.

Is this season worth catching up on?   Looks like I have 5 Unwatched
I actually liked this season. It seemed like they took a bit of a breath from all the explosions and kidnappings and full on machine gun shootouts between rival squads and focused a bit more on political gamesmanship and personal relationships. Don’t get me wrong, elements of the plot were still ridiculous and over the top but it wasn’t as bombastic as past seasons. 

This shown is at it's been when Tate is doing his thing.  I hate cowboys and country music also.  Carry on.

Beth Dutton is the embodiment of the saying - "Bitterness is drinking the poison yourself and hoping the other person dies"

Jamie Dutton's intent is simply ignored. He was also a kid and made a big mistake. He was trying to do the best he could given the situation, which looked impossible at the time. Jamie was never trying to hurt Beth, there was no malice involved.

The interesting thing about this episode is Beth threatens to tell Rip Wheeler about what happened during the abortion. And the unique angle here is, if Rip is handled consistently as he's been developed, he would forgive Jamie. Rip's job is to protect the ranch at all costs. Jamie, while young and misguided, was trying to protect the Dutton name and protect the ranch as well. I believe Rip would see that. Also to kill Jamie would be to betray John Dutton.

This show is very much a lengthy discussion of what would have happened if Fredo Corleone got his hands on power. John Dutton inherited the ranch. Jamie, Beth and Lee had to do the heavy lifting to keep the ranch safe and running. 1883 is to show how John Dutton's legacy before him did the brutal blood work to fight for and keep the land.

Michael earned his power. He had to kill two men and run from the country under the belief he might never come back. One of those kills was a police captain. Sonny was a young capo during Don Vito's first assassination attempt where had to take over the Family and run his own brand of open street warfare. Sonny too earned his position. But Fredo earned nothing. He was protected and gifted some power because of his last name and his family, just like John Dutton.

This is really a commentary on the legacy of inherited power.

All of the sons, Lee then Jamie then Kayce all have some Fredo in them. That ugly weakness that makes them incapable of being a true successor to Yellowstone. But why is that surprising? John Dutton himself is incapable of being a true successor of Yellowstone that can actually protect the land.

"Fredo" Dutton pretends he's a moral man but his "kingdom" is held on the backs of everyone else around him that he resents and marginalizes. Rip is very much a mix of Sonny and Tom Hagen, the outsider who actually is the backbone of the ranch.

The last episode discusses the price of change. But no one wants to discuss that forward progress means you can't have an archaic incompetent John Dutton be protected by previous legacy anymore. He fails not because the world around him changes, he fails because the world around him won't tolerate his incompetence anymore.

Every episode is a middle finger from Taylor Sheridan to the immortal John "Fredo" Dutton.

Cowboysfan8 said:
Who the hell was the first guy in line to say goodbye to Jimmy the day he left ?

Jake

Actual safety handler for the horses. Easier to make him part of the cast than to try to edit him out of the vast number of panoramic scenes the show uses. Same thing for Gator, the actual caterer for the show.

There's a reason the three main women in the bunkhouse all have different hair color. They don't get many scenes and it's a way to help the audience separate them.

If Sheridan wanted Jake distinctive, he would have "color coded" him, meaning he would have given him a clothing item that was colored in a way to consistently make him distinctive from the rest. Like Teeter's purple hair.

It was weird Jamie didn't pull the truck in closer.  Ergonomics and such.  That was weird to me.

I still want some unsuspecting trail rider to stumble upon the bottom of the train station and count how many bodies are found out there.  Might even bring back Temperance Brennan and Agent Booth to investigate....
The cops from Gravity Falls?  

i’m always amazed at the people that watch shows they aren’t impressed by or simply don’t like, says more about the viewer than it does about the show. 

That they can power through and be polite with the company they keep while watching the terrible shows?

I'm not your mom!
Worst part of the Jimmy storyline was how he was warned for half a season about how much the 6666 ranch was going to kick his ### and make his life miserable.

Then he shows up, meets a few cool cowboys, a hot chick throws herself at him, he rides horses for a few hours, and, boom, he's a cowboy!

Season 4 overall grade - C

It was pretty meh by the standard that was set with seasons 1-3. 

Still.....I am entertained and enjoy the show. Totally far fetched night time soap with incredible scenery. 

I think next season will be a lot better. This felt like a transition season into a much bigger political web coming in season 5. 

Worst part of the Jimmy storyline was how he was warned for half a season about how much the 6666 ranch was going to kick his ### and make his life miserable.

Then he shows up, meets a few cool cowboys, a hot chick throws herself at him, he rides horses for a few hours, and, boom, he's a cowboy!

Ben Shapiro Reviews the 'Yellowstone' Season 4 Finale! Jan 5, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3nuhxEEo4

Shapiro breaks down the writing. Or lack of writing.

There's a reason the three main women in the bunkhouse all have different hair color. They don't get many scenes and it's a way to help the audience separate them.
I don't need hair colour to know which one is Laramie.  :wub:

The season was not very good save for a couple of episodes. I thought the final episode was one of the best - after Ep1 and maybe #7 .

Next season should hopefully be good with the ME battle to begin.  Beth haters may not like it much since a lot of that story will have to revolve around her. Less Tate and Monica may be a good thing. Hopefully losing the Jimmy saga as well is a positive.

Just hope we don't have to wait 2 years. 

Also, the Jamie blackmail was pretty weak. Massive shootouts with 30 dead bodies at the end? No problem, the AG will just cover it up.

An ex-con organizes a series of attempted murders and "might" try to claim that the AG was involved with no evidence in order to send his son to jail? Jamie's going to jail for life, for sure. 

Also, the Jamie blackmail was pretty weak. Massive shootouts with 30 dead bodies at the end? No problem, the AG will just cover it up.

An ex-con organizes a series of attempted murders and "might" try to claim that the AG was involved with no evidence in order to send his son to jail? Jamie's going to jail for life, for sure. 
Ever watch Dallas or Dynasty back in the day? If not......then I understand. 

Season 4 overall grade - C

It was pretty meh by the standard that was set with seasons 1-3. 

Still.....I am entertained and enjoy the show. Totally far fetched night time soap with incredible scenery. 

I think season 4 will be a lot better. This felt like a transition season into a much bigger political web coming in season 5. 
Agree.  the writing was laughably bad in season 4.  I still watch because it is so magnificent to look at.

I don't need hair colour to know which one is Laramie.  :wub:

The season was not very good save for a couple of episodes. I thought the final episode was one of the best - after Ep1 and maybe #7 .

Next season should hopefully be good with the ME battle to begin.  Beth haters may not like it much since a lot of that story will have to revolve around her. Less Tate and Monica may be a good thing. Hopefully losing the Jimmy saga as well is a positive.

Just hope we don't have to wait 2 years. 
Read an article yesterday where they stated they plan to start shooting the next season in June of this year, with a probably Season 5 Premiere in November of this year. :popcorn:  

They showed scenes of him sleeping on a cot, scarfing down a fellow cowboys food (as he presumably didn't have much of his own and/or can't cook), was sore from riding. 

Some people complain that too much scene time was given to him, yet others complain he turned himself around too quick.

They showed scenes of him sleeping on a cot, scarfing down a fellow cowboys food (as he presumably didn't have much of his own and/or can't cook), was sore from riding. 

Some people complain that too much scene time was given to him, yet others complain he turned himself around too quick.
It might have worked better if they had just shipped him off to Texas, ignored him for 4 episodes, and have him show back up with his fiancee at the end of the season

Part of the reasoning for the Jimmy storyline was to contrast the large focus on Beth this season.

Beth has personal tragedy and refuses to let it go. She refuses to accept her own part in her pain and suffering. No one made her get pregnant. No one made her refuse to go to her father ( to be fair, John Dutton is a psychotic ##### bag so you can't totally blame her there) once she found out. No one made her not tell Rip in order to get him to help her or talk her out of it.

Jimmy had all kinds of personal tragedy ( we don't know the full extent of his life before Yellowstone but it obviously wasn't good)  but learned to move on. He changed his environment to change as a person. When you go somewhere else and are open to change, then you are surrounded by people who have a chance to see you in a totally different light. He couldn't have that at Yellowstone.

It's fair to say Rip and Lloyd helped him and wanted to help him, but John Dutton literally did nothing for him. He was a close to free ranch hand. The idea that Jimmy needs Dutton's approval is sort of pathetic honestly in terms of how it portrays John Dutton. CSI Miami had the same problem with David Caruso. Horatio Caine was awesome just because the script said so. And for no other reason.

In order to really heal, Beth needed to truly leave everything about Yellowstone and her family behind. The entire situation is toxic. While Lee Dutton only had one episode, how his father kept yelling at him for not giving more when he gave all he had was very tragic. What did John Dutton do to earn that ranch? He inherited it from his families blood and toil generations before him.

Jimmy was never accepted. He was only praised at the end because he became what John Dutton wanted him to be. That's not acceptance. Acceptance would have been recognizing his actual needs without the benefit of the cheap labor and someone to yell at in play. This is part of why there is an Emily Vs Mia storyline. The girl who accepts him and the one who doesn't. In the same way, Jamie, Lee, Kayce and especially Beth are never accepted. No matter what they do, it's not good enough for John "Fredo" Dutton.  Beth is secretly resented for not being born a son. She knows it and John Dutton knows it.

It's an interesting storyline, Jimmy's change as a foil to Beth's stagnation. However you can't have a narrative with depth when every plotline requires Kevin Costner to end up the omnipotent hero at all costs.

Taylor Sheridan writes this show like he can't wait to be rid of Kevin Costner on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread