What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your opinion on the Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Coverage? (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion of the Travis Kelce - Taylor Swift dating coverage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait'll the Swifties find this thread. Some of ya'll are hooped!
I think they might be pleasantly surprised. Lots of smart, well thought out posts supporting her in here.

It seems like those that voted they dislike it (More people voted dislike than like), aren't saying much.
What's impressive in this thread is how many people supporting her are talking about family members with whom they talk about her, family members who like her, and the family discussions and behavior that ensue.

Can’t think of a single one but what do I know about me? 🤷🏻
Try this exercise;
• is there a particular brand of gas you prefer? Are you a chevron with Techron customer, or do you think that’s dumb so you’re flying J all the way?

• Do you prefer Nike or Rebok? Or other?

• coke or Pepsi? Why? Both have changed formulas so many times over the last few decades that they’re barely recognizable to the original, yet people still prefer one to the other and are fiercely loyal.

• if I gave you a list of electronics brands, could you put them in an order of quality? Have you actually owned every brand on the that list, or is it just something you know, like Sony is the best but Panasonic is the worst?

• do you have an Apple phone or an android? Does it matter to you? Do you know why you chose one over the other?

Marketing is everywhere and all the time.

Why are we here posting at FBG? There are a ton of FF products out there. I can answer it easily - I was looking for information, and FBG was one of the links that came up. That’s not free for companies - that’s advertising on a search engine for visibility. FBG came up because FBG pays Google to make sure FBG comes up.

Then while on the site I saw ads for their premium content, and became a premium subscriber. Again, ad placement on something I searched for led to a purchase. @Joe Bryant (or someone on his team). understands advertising in a way I really need to learn better, because it’s super effective.

I’m just saying, you’re absolutely making decisions based on some form of marketing.

All way off topic, but an interesting subject.

Not buying what you're selling. If this worked KMART would be huge (My Link)

Just make good products. ;)

Yep.

Or in the case of clothing and footwear products, stylish products. Nike shoes aren't even that well made anymore. Wear out much faster with less wear and tear on them than when I played a lot of basketball and tennis. But I like the looks, so still buy them. If I was still raising kids and didn't have the disposable income, I probably would look at switching brands,

Also, using a search engine to find a good source for a product is really off topic. My questioning advertising effectiveness was aimed at television advertising specifically.

Try this exercise;
• is there a particular brand of gas you prefer? Are you a chevron with Techron customer, or do you think that’s dumb so you’re flying J all the way?

• coke or Pepsi? Why? Both have changed formulas so many times over the last few decades that they’re barely recognizable to the original, yet people still prefer one to the other and are fiercely loyal.

• if I gave you a list of electronics brands, could you put them in an order of quality? Have you actually owned every brand on the that list, or is it just something you know, like Sony is the best but Panasonic is the worst?

• do you have an Apple phone or an android? Does it matter to you? Do you know why you chose one over the other?

Why are we here posting at FBG? There are a ton of FF products out there. I can answer it easily - I was looking for information, and FBG was one of the links that came up. That’s not free for companies - that’s advertising on a search engine for visibility. FBG came up because FBG pays Google to make sure FBG comes up.

Then while on the site I saw ads for their premium content, and became a premium subscriber. Again, ad placement on something I searched for led to a purchase. @Joe Bryant (or someone on his team). understands advertising in a way I really need to learn better, because it’s super effective.

I’m just saying, you’re absolutely making decisions based on some form of marketing.

Yep.

Or in the case of clothing and footwear products, stylish products. Nike shoes aren't even that well made anymore. Wear out much faster with less wear and tear on them than when I played a lot of basketball and tennis. But I like the looks, so still buy them. If I was still raising kids and didn't have the disposable income, I probably would look at switching brands,

Also, using a search engine to find a good source for a product is really off topic. My questioning advertising effectiveness was aimed at television advertising specifically.
Lmao - KMART *is* huge.

That specific ad was promoting Kmart online which is now also huge.

I can’t believe you’re actually arguing that advertising doesn’t work.

Social media ads alone represented 57 billion dollars ad spend in 2023 alone. 57 Billion with a B.

I-

Try this exercise;

Yep.

Lmao - KMART *is* huge.

That specific ad was promoting Kmart online which is now also huge.

I can’t believe you’re actually arguing that advertising doesn’t work.

Social media ads alone represented 57 billion dollars ad spend in 2023 alone. 57 Billion with a B.

I-
Jesus dude. I didn't say advertising doesn't work. I said it doesn't work on me specifically and that I'm amazed it works to the extent it does. Stop responding to my posts if it bothers you so much. Not everyone is a follower who has to have what is perceived as the in thing. I buy plenty of well known products but because they are what I consider good products or just because I like the look of them. You seem much more impressed by the Taylor Swifts and Kylie Jenners of the world (you brought her up) than I am. I also tend to not watch commercials, so that's probably a big part of it too, as well as not doing social media because most of it's a cesspool.

Stumbled across this elsewhere.

In 2023, a recent Morning Consult survey found that a significant portion of U.S. adults are fans of Taylor Swift.

The survey revealed that 53% of American adults consider themselves fans of Taylor Swift, out of which 16% are categorized as “avid” fans also known as swifties.

Worldwide, she had (middle of last year) 519 million total followers across her social media accounts on the various platforms.

You said our lifetime, not now. Someone else mentioned JFK and I agree, but I was 4 when he was killed. However, I was 10 for the moon landing, so I remember. Marylin Monroe’s fame was also before my time. I would also argue Lady Gaga and John Legend are more famous than Swift. Again, fame is fleeting.
It's crazy to me that Americans think what's famous here is the same worldwide. JFK and Marylin Monroe were not massively talked about by people all over China, India, and other parts of the world.

To compare fame before Social Media is impossible. Social Media/The Internet has COMPLETELY changed the game in terms of worldwide reach, people recognizing what famous people look like, etc. We are at the height of that now, and Taylor is a top it all.

Lady Gaga? No chance. Yes she's big, but she doesn't even come close to the fame Taylor is seeing right now. John Legend? Dude. Just don't. There's not a single music star on the planet that could ever have sold out 5 nights in a row in Japan, and 5 nights in a row in Singapore, and many other countries across the world, in mere SECONDS. It's unprecedented and we've never seen anything like this kind of global fame before.

She is literally the FIRST Billionaire in the WORLD whose main source of income is music.

I didn't say advertising doesn't work. I said it doesn't work on me specifically
:lmao:

Ok yeah sure. We can agree to disagree.
No we can’t puppet boy
Puppet boy?

What does that even mean?

Sorry - tried to explain some marketing concepts to you. Some folks are beyond educating I guess. :shrug:
You insist EVERYONE is influenced by advertising which they aren’t, myself included. You really have issues when people disagree with you. Not everybody is a puppet to advertising. And you aren’t educating anyone because you took a marketing class or two.

I didn't say advertising doesn't work. I said it doesn't work on me specifically
:lmao:

Ok yeah sure. We can agree to disagree.
No we can’t puppet boy
Puppet boy?

What does that even mean?

Sorry - tried to explain some marketing concepts to you. Some folks are beyond educating I guess. :shrug:
You insist EVERYONE is influenced by advertising which they aren’t, myself included. You really have issues when people disagree with you. Not everybody is a puppet to advertising. And you aren’t educating anyone because you took a marketing class or two.
I’m just telling you basic principals of advertising.

There’s a reason advertisers spent 57B on social media alone. It works.

I was very kind in my responses to you. I didn’t insult you once. I attempted to engage in thoughtful dialogue.

You take everything personally the lash out with name-calling like a child.

Enjoy your evening. Putting you on ignore now.

Marketing is interesting to me, even when the tactics annoy me. I vaguely remembered Liberty Mutual having commercials until they started using a stupid jingle. Then I noticed that insurance companies are not only all on the “comedy” bandwagon, but now they resort to earworm tactics, adding a jingle (or sound effect) to the beginning of their ad and at the end of it. They’re conditioning and manipulating your mind with sound. Not just insurance either. Burger King with their little opening guitar riff, tells me to quickly reach for the remote and hit the mute button before their guy sings another off-key jingle. Just the fact that I was able to name a few companies, even if it’s from annoyance, shows that they won, because the goal is to be memorized and synonymous with the product they’re selling. If I know the name of the company but not what they sell, only then have they failed.

What does this have to do with Taylor Swift or Travis Kelce? Not sure but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people recognized Kelce from commercials before they knew what team he played for! Case in point: first time I ever heard of Thierry Henry was in a Gillette commercial. Had no idea at the time that he was a world-class French soccer player. Eventually found out he was a pretty big deal at Arsenal. This was all years before I got into professional soccer.

Marketing is interesting to me, even when the tactics annoy me. I vaguely remembered Liberty Mutual having commercials until they started using a stupid jingle. Then I noticed that insurance companies are not only all on the “comedy” bandwagon, but now they resort to earworm tactics, adding a jingle (or sound effect) to the beginning of their ad and at the end of it. They’re conditioning and manipulating your mind with sound. Not just insurance either. Burger King with their little opening guitar riff, tells me to quickly reach for the remote and hit the mute button before their guy sings another off-key jingle. Just the fact that I was able to name a few companies, even if it’s from annoyance, shows that they won, because the goal is to be memorized and synonymous with the product they’re selling. If I know the name of the company but not what they sell, only then have they failed.

What does this have to do with Taylor Swift or Travis Kelce? Not sure but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people recognized Kelce from commercials before they knew what team he played for!
I agree that’s their intent and jingles work as a recognition point for companies, but it doesn’t make me bye their products, which is the ultimate goal. It obviously works or they wouldn’t do it but to insist that it works on every single person like HSG is doing is just idiotic.

Other than sports, most everything I watch is recorded so I skip the commercials. When watching sports, I rarely stay on the couch during commercials so most of it is white noise to me. I honestly can’t remember ever seeing a commercial and buying the product because of the advertising.

I kind of like it…but only because it is getting people bent out of shape for nothing imo.

Sports broadcasts get shots of celebrities at games all the time. If that celebrity is an attractive woman, the camera stays on her longer and they cut to her multiple times. This is normal and expected.

So why are folks more trigger when this celebrity is Taylor Swift than, say, Jack Nicholson at a Lakers game?

As a non US American „your“ politics are confusing anyways.
As is your use of the double comma in lieu of an opening quotation mark, yet here we are.
:shrug:
Too lazy to switch my tablet’s keyboard to an English layout.

You'd make a fine American! ;)

Where is home, out of curiosity?
Hamburg, Germany
Never updated that. :o I‘ve been living in Berlin for a while but am currently in the midst of moving to Spain.

Game coverage? Its so very minimal that its not really an issue. She has been on screen, on average, around 30 seconds during a 3 hour broadcast.
Non-game coverage by news outlets trying to dissect everything and tear him or her down and create some conspiracy theory about it...that part is pretty terrible.

Really don't mind. Hopeful for more Jason Kelce content though, he just seems like an awesome dude.

Their podcast is pretty good...and after the Buffalo game stuff...they joked about going around to different tailgates in retirement. Id definitely watch that...those two goofy large dudes going from city to city tailgating with the fans.

Looking at some of the deleted posts, the main takeaway is once again realizing how shutting down the political forum was a good idea. This had tons of the same uncool / all knowing / infallible / condescending / general uncool to other posters posts that had to be deleted and just made it not worth it.

I should have known better I guess. But to the folks who posted good discussion, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread