What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Top 3-5 Favorite Films (1 Viewer)

Pulp Fiction

Godfather

Swingers

Royal Tennenbaums

Big Lebowski

--

just missed - Matrix, Kill Bill 1/2, Heat, My Cousin Vinny

Not much of a movie watcher, so my opinions are a bit limited, but...

1. Field of Dreams

2. Forrest Gump

3. Boyz n the Hood

4. Good Will Hunting

5. Hoop Dreams

The Godfathers

North By Northwest

Casablanca

Chinatown

LA Confidential

HM: Pulp Fiction ,Oldboy,Lebowski,Notorious,Goodfellas

Christ, forgot My Cousin Vinny.  What a great movie.  
It's probably the one movie my wife and I can always agree to watch.  When Tomei tells the story about the "little baby deer drinking water with his little deer lips and BAM bullet rips your f'ing head off" cracks me up every single time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to narrow down, but it wouldn't get many responses if we had to name 50 each. 

Easy top 3 would be:

Back to the Future

Full Metal Jacket

Boogie Nights

Hard to decide on the last two, but I would think it would be Empire Strikes Back and Aliens.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 

Goodfellas

Blazing Saddles

A Few Good Men

Kelly's Heroes

Man, this is tough.  There are so many titles that I keep thinking "how can I leave this off the list?"

Wouldn't say it's a top 5 level movie but "Being There" is a real gem. I'm also a huge fan of the following movies that I rarely seem to find anyone that has seen:

It Happened One Night

His Girl Friday

Rififi 

Elevator to the Gallows

McCabe and Mrs Miller 

Wouldn't say it's a top 5 level movie but "Being There" is a real gem. I'm also a huge fan of the following movies that I rarely seem to find anyone that has seen:

It Happened One Night

His Girl Friday

Rififi 

Elevator to the Gallows

McCabe and Mrs Miller 
I cannot get through Rififi for the life of me.

Goodfellas

Snatch

Big Lebowski 

Evil Dead 2

Major League

Honorable mentions. . . Austin powers 1, Bull Durham,  Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, Jaws, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Good the Bad and the Ugly...and Tombstone.

Crap almost forgot Predator and Aliens. Those are up there too for me.  Hard exercise for sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to narrow down, but it wouldn't get many responses if we had to name 50 each. 

Easy top 3 would be:

Back to the Future

Full Metal Jacket

Boogie Nights

Hard to decide on the last two, but I would think it would be Empire Strikes Back and Aliens.
Back to the future is up there.  Empire also.

Network - Best screenplay of all time

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Best comedy of all time

Aliens or Mad Max Fury Road - can't decide for best action film of all time

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - best spaghetti western of all time

28 Days Later - Best Horror Movie of All Time

Honorable Mentions:  Evil Dead II (Most Awesome Splatterfest, and stoners delight), Saving Private Ryan (best war movie of all time, although this is debatable), A Clockwork Orange (best adaptation of a book)

Eephus said:
Have you tried Topkapi?  Same director (American expat Jules Dassin), similar heist story but lighter, in Color and in English.
No, i haven't. 

I have no problem with slow plays, heist films, French New Wave, expats, etc., Rififi just has never clicked with me, and I've tried at least five or six times.  

This is tough because it is always evolving

Would look something like:

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Apocolypse Now

Rounders

Pulp Fiction

The Shining

Honorable mentions to: Shawshank, Star Wars Ep4, Good Will Hunting, True Romance, Cool Hand Luke

Braveheart, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Boogie Nights, Shawshank, Forest Hump, Saving Private Ryan, Apocolypto, Godfather

alright brocharinos i thunk about this one a little more and here are some serious answers i would include these ones in no particular order magnificent seven the original with steve mcqueen who was the man bar none and dances with wolves because i like westerns then a river runs through it and legends of the fall because brad pitt is fn dreamy just kidding those are because i like montana a lot and then american grafiti because wolfman jack thats why and then last but not least shawshank redemption cause hey man most days i look like i crawled through a mile of you know what so bam take that to the siskel and swc bank bromigos 

Schindler's List

Saving Private Ryan

Platoon

Apocalypse Now

Follow That Bird

The Great Escape

Lebowski & The Good, Bad & Ugly seem to make a lot of lists.

quick comment:

Music score for Good, Bad    &  28 days later are pretty awesome

These aren't my absolute Top 5, but they are probably my Top 5 that haven't been listed already (I don't think):

Layer Cake

Zero Dark Thirty

Dazed & Confused

Tropic Thunder

Ronin

El Floppo said:
Wings of Desire

The Third Man

Seven Samurai

Dr Strangelove

Bladerunner
next 5 (and I'm sure I'm forgetting 20 or so that I'll probably edit in here later):

Lives of Others

City of God

Spinal Tap

Raising Arizona

Godfather 2

Off the top of my head, I could be content with this list for myself:

• The Third Man
  • Days of Heaven
  • Raising Arizona
  • Blade Runner
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Ilov80s said:

It Happened One Night

His Girl Friday

Rififi 

Elevator to the Gallows

McCabe and Mrs Miller 

Good list. Only one I haven't seen is "Elevator..." but the others are sort of examples of best in breed. 

Off the top of my head, I could be content with this list for myself:

• The Third Man
  • Days of Heaven
  • Raising Arizona
  • Blade Runner
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
of course. I could watch that one with sound off and it would still make my top 20

Users who are viewing this thread