What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your top 5 favorite/hated draft prospects for 2006 (1 Viewer)

M

MLBrandow

Saw this on nfldraftcountdown.com forums, thought it would make for better conversation here.

Who are your top 5 favorite and hated draft prospects for 2006 (and why)?

me:

Favorite

1) DeAngelo Williams - can't wait to see this guy run in the NFL.

2) Vernon Davis - freak of nature, want to see him outrun a CB with that 4.3

3) LenDale White- Jim Brown #2 with the right coaching. I don't by the knocks on him.

4) Marcus Vick - I hope he's a Mike Vick #2 (good or bad).... he's just fun to watch

5) Maurice Stovall - ... I want to see every Charlie Damer bring it to the NFL.

Hated

1) Laurence Maroney - terribly overrated system runner. Doubt it translates at all.

2) Max Jean-Gilles - fat sack of crap that is going to get a QB killed when he takes the wrong play off.

3) Marcus McNeill - Quite frankly I'm just sick of seeing people predict him to the Bucs.

4) Vince Young - I won't deny what he did in the Rose bowl was nothing short of amazing, but he won't fly in the NFL.

5) LenDale White - I'm going to be mad if I'm wrong.

Saw this on nfldraftcountdown.com forums, thought it would make for better conversation here.

me:

Favorite

1) DeAngelo Williams - can't wait to see this guy run in the NFL. Agree

2) Vernon Davis - freak of nature, want to see him outrun a CB with that 4.3 Agree

3) LenDale White- Jim Brown #2 with the right coaching. I don't by the knocks on him. I don't believe you said this.

4) Marcus Vick - I hope he's a Mike Vick #2 (good or bad).... he's just fun to watch He stinks X 200.

5) Maurice Stovall - ... I want to see every Charlie Damer bring it to the NFL. Interesting

Hated

1) Laurence Maroney - terribly overrated system runner. Doubt it translates at all. Maybe

2) Max Jean-Gilles - fat sack of crap that is going to get a QB killed when he takes the wrong play off. Disagree

3) Marcus McNeill - Quite frankly I'm just sick of seeing people predict him to the Bucs. meh

4) Vince Young - I won't deny what he did in the Rose bowl was nothing short of amazing, but he won't fly in the NFL. Probably right

5) LenDale White - I'm going to be mad if I'm wrong. Get ready to really hate him for saying he is Jim Brown #2 under any circumstances.
Some bold predictions as always. A few I agree, few I don't. I don't care for anything Marcus Vick. He's a bum. I like Kelly Jenkins, Deangelo, Bunkley, Leinhart, and Huff. Davis could be real special so I guess i like him as well. Can't say I really hate anyone given I have no reason to but Vick will flop and mop quickly.

4) Marcus Vick - I hope he's a Mike Vick #2 (good or bad).... he's just fun to watch He stinks X 200.

Some bold predictions as always. A few I agree, few I don't.

I don't care for anything Marcus Vick. He's a bum. I like Kelly Jenkins, Deangelo, Bunkley, Leinhart, and Huff. Davis could be real special so I guess i like him as well. Can't say I really hate anyone given I have no reason to but Vick will flop and mop quickly.
As someone who has watched a lot of VT games I don't understand how you can think that he'll flop in the NFL. He's not his brother, but his passing is much better and if he can get his personal life in order he has a good future in the NFL.

Some bold predictions as always.  A few I agree, few I don't. 

I don't care for anything Marcus Vick.  He's a bum.  I like Kelly Jenkins, Deangelo, Bunkley, Leinhart, and Huff.  Davis could be real special so I guess i like him as well. Can't say I really hate anyone given I have no reason to but Vick will flop and mop quickly.
As someone who has watched a lot of VT games I don't understand how you can think that he'll flop in the NFL. He's not his brother, but his passing is much better and if he can get his personal life in order he has a good future in the NFL.
You could be correct. But I was never impressed with him in college outside of one game against...dammit....it was like 33-0. I can't remember. I just think he will flop for sure given all the information I have and from what I've seen. But I'm not getting paid to sit here and talk about it so there is at least a 30 percent chance (quick calculus) I'm wrong.

Favorite...

Bush-He is that good.

V. Davis-About to set the new standard at the TE position.

A. J. Hawk-Please, football gods, let the Lions trade up to get him. The kid is a monster.

D. Thomas-He is a smart football player with amazing hands. Someone is going to get a steal.

T. Wilson-Will fall. Present great value and have an NFL career that outperforms his draft position.

Some bold predictions as always. A few I agree, few I don't.

I don't care for anything Marcus Vick. He's a bum. I like Kelly Jenkins, Deangelo, Bunkley, Leinhart, and Huff. Davis could be real special so I guess i like him as well. Can't say I really hate anyone given I have no reason to but Vick will flop and mop quickly.
You could be correct. But I was never impressed with him in college outside of one game against...dammit....it was like 33-0. I can't remember. I just think he will flop for sure given all the information I have and from what I've seen. But I'm not getting paid to sit here and talk about it so there is at least a 30 percent chance (quick calculus) I'm wrong.
I think you forgot to carry the one...

Some bold predictions as always.  A few I agree, few I don't. 

I don't care for anything Marcus Vick.  He's a bum.  I like Kelly Jenkins, Deangelo, Bunkley, Leinhart, and Huff.  Davis could be real special so I guess i like him as well. Can't say I really hate anyone given I have no reason to but Vick will flop and mop quickly.
I wasn't really trying to predict anything. I'm just curious who's on who's bandwagon and who hopes to TO that such and such doesn't end up on their team.Let's see some more Top 5's

Last edited:
Favs Offense:

QB: V. Young

RB: R. Bush

WR: S. Moss

TE: V. Davis

OL: W. Justice

Favs Defense:

DT: B. Bunkley

DL: M. Williams

LB: AJ. Hawk

CB: K. Jennings

S: M. Huff

Hated Offense:

QB: J. Cutler

RB: B. Calhoun

WR: S. Holmes

TE: L. Pope

OL: McNeill

Hated Defense:

DT: G. Watson

DL: M. Kiwanuka

LB: D'Qwell Jackson

CB: A. Youboty

S: K. Simpson

Favorite:

Vernon Davis. I think Magaw hit it on this guy--Gates on crack.

LenDale White. I know I'm in the minority, but he'll be a big time player.

D'Qwell Jackson. Heat seaking missile in the middle.

Vince Young. I don't think the NFL has seen a guy like him yet.

Manny Lawson. I think he's this years DeMarcus Ware.

Least Favorite:

Jay Cutler. I'm not buying the hype, the few times I saw him he was good. Not great. Plus that 2 week period around the senior bowl of nothing but news on him got old real quick.

Ashton Youbouty. I don't think he's that good a football player.

Sinorice Moss. Overrated. College production should mean something.

Marcus McNeill. Seems to me he's both soft and lazy.

Gabe Watson. Reggie McGrew meets William Joseph.

Favorite:

Least Favorite:

Jay Cutler. I'm not buying the hype, the few times I saw him he was good. Not great. Plus that 2 week period around the senior bowl of nothing but news on him got old real quick.

Switch Cutler with White and you got it right.

Favorite:

Least Favorite:

Switch Cutler with White and you got it right.
I think White is a far better football player than Cutler. 20 years ago when we didn't have the media following and fan resources, Cutler being a "good guy" and White being an "immature turd" wouldn't have mattered to the extent some think it does now. :D I certainly see your point, though......which is why I said I'm in the minority on LD.

me:

Favorite

1) DeAngelo Williams - can't wait to see this guy run in the NFL.

2) Vernon Davis - freak of nature, want to see him outrun a CB with that 4.3

3) LenDale White- Jim Brown #2 with the right coaching. I don't by the knocks on him.

4) Marcus Vick - I hope he's a Mike Vick #2 (good or bad).... he's just fun to watch

5) Maurice Stovall - ... I want to see every Charlie Damer bring it to the NFL.

Hated

1) Laurence Maroney - terribly overrated system runner. Doubt it translates at all.

2) Max Jean-Gilles - fat sack of crap that is going to get a QB killed when he takes the wrong play off.

3) Marcus McNeill - Quite frankly I'm just sick of seeing people predict him to the Bucs.

4) Vince Young - I won't deny what he did in the Rose bowl was nothing short of amazing, but he won't fly in the NFL.

5) LenDale White - I'm going to be mad if I'm wrong.
Blasphemy!

I don't get the hate. They're a bunch of college kids. I wish them all the best. But I have more than five favorites.

RB Maurice Drew - If it translates it will be very fun to watch.

RB Jerome Harrison - Similar feeling to Drew, and I just don't get the disrespect.

RB Jerious Norwood - Mostly an ego thing since I've hyped him. :pray:

QB Vince Young - Again, if it translates, it will be great to watch.

HB Garrett Mills - He's a secret weapon, I say.

OT Marcus McNeill - Great guy, great sense of humor. It'd be nice to see him succeed.

DT Dusty Dvoracek - Something about the rowdy boy trying to make things right by working very very hard appeals to me.

DE Elvis Dumervil - I hope he's Freeney all over again and a steal in the draft. Nice kid, great athlete. Be a shame if he failed.

OLB Moses Osemwegie - He caught my eye while scouting Cutler. He was to Vandy's D what Jay was to the O. Pretty much did it all by himself in the SEC. A real warrior, and a pretty good football player. I saw three straight series go three and out and he made nine tackles. He was everywhere.

ILB Kevin Simon - Watched him play with Mo Drew in high school and been a fan ever since. He was on his way to being a star but injuries set him back. Another great kid, hard worker, awesome player at full strength.

CB Devin Hester - Just a shame his coach couldn't figure out how to use him. He's an exciting player.

WR Michael Robinson - Switching to QB brought PSU back to prominence and destroyed his NFL prospects. Great individual. Hope he makes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favs, Skill guys on O only:

1. Reggie Bush, the guy is that good and the hype is killing me already... Can't wait to see him playing at the next level!

2. Brian Calhoun, man talk about an exciting runner. He may not have all the tangible attributes that lots of people are looking for, but from a guy who watches a good amount of Big 10 football I thought he was the best RB in the conference. Really just curious to see how well he transitions to the NFL and a guy I am rooting for to make it.

3. Chad Jackson, best WR in the draft IMO and love the phsyical tools the guy brings to the table. Lets hope he can capture the mental part of the game in the NFL.

4. Leonard Pope, This is my favorite TE in the draft, yes even ahead of Davis. He will create scary mismatches for DC.

5. Jonathan Orr, This guys was ignored it seemed by his own coaching staff and QB at Wisconsin. I guess that will happen when your team emphasizes running the ball so much though and you play in the Big 10. Either way, I can't wait to see how he does in a pro O that better exploits his talents. He is scary fast and has the size to go with it.

Really can't say there are 5 that I hate from the 2006 draft class.

Favs, Skill guys on O only:

2. Brian Calhoun, man talk about an exciting runner. He may not have all the tangible attributes that lots of people are looking for, but from a guy who watches a good amount of Big 10 football I thought he was the best RB in the conference. Really just curious to see how well he transitions to the NFL and a guy I am rooting for to make it.

4. Leonard Pope, This is my favorite TE in the draft, yes even ahead of Davis. He will create scary mismatches for DC.
If my list was to keep growing, I would add these two without question. They've both really impressed me in interviews. I don't know how anyone could root against them.

CB Devin Hester - Just a shame his coach couldn't figure out how to use him. He's an exciting player.
Forgot about Hester but I do love this guys ability. He has explosivness on the level of Bush's. I know his coaching staff kinda missed the boat on how to use him the 1st few years there in Mia, but I also think he greatly missed the boat by not returning to Mia for 2006. They had the blueprint in place to use him like a combo of Reggie Bush and Teddy Ginn! Why in the world would you walk away from that? He cost himself a LOT of money in the draft IMO.

:thumbup: Jerious Norwood
Interesting what Rob said last night though, which I've heard other places: He doesn't have much wiggle. That could prevent him from being a true #1 RB.
Yeah, Rang isn't encouraging, but this thread is about "favorites" not projections. I like this kid. He gave this speech at the Bulldogs awards banquet that touched me okay. He even cried. I'm a softy. What can I say?BUT!

I disagree with Rang. Tom Casale is someone I like to follow this time of year. I think he's one of the better "film" watchers out there, and I like that he forms his opinions based on what he sees.

This is his take on Norwood.

Norwood isn’t getting as much publicity as some of the other backs in this draft class but after breaking down film, I think he’s one of the few every-down running backs coming out this year. Like Hall, Norwood could be another draft-day steal at the running back position.

Norwood played on one of college footballs worst passing offenses during his career at Mississippi State but still managed to post over 1,000 yards rushing in back-to-back seasons. He could be a real sleeper because he’s been productive against top competition in the SEC, despite not playing with a strong supporting cast. As Mississippi State’s lone offensive star, Norwood proved over his four years with the Bulldogs that he can carry the load and be the focal point of an offense.

Norwood was one of the stars at this year’s Combine. Coming in, NFL scouts had some questions about his speed but he answered critics by running an impressive 4.40 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. Norwood’s overall performance at the Combine greatly enhanced his draft stock. Watching him on tape, Norwood gets through holes quickly, has an extra burst once he gets into the open field and breaks a lot of tackles. With more talent around him, Norwood has the potential to put up big numbers on the ground.

(bold mine)
Those are some interesting comments, no? Rang said he doesn't break a lot of tackles. Casale went to the film and says the opposite. I've gone to the film and been much more impressed with his tackle breaking and wiggle than Addai against the same teams. If Addai is so good why did Norwood gain a yard more per carry with a lesser supporting cast? One article I read was from an opponent who confessed when you play MSU you plan everything around stopping Norwood and still can't do it. Addai never was the focus of opposing defenses, but was less impressive. I take issue with Rang's comments last night. I can support it. Go Jerious go!

I don't hate anyone but I am tired of all the Cutler talk and am glad to see him in as the 3rd QB where he belongs.

Fav.

Bush- with all the hype how can you not be excited to watch him play

V. Davis- with these physical tools again you have to want to see what he can do

A.J. Hawk- a beast in the making

M. Drew- Big Pac 10 fan, went to a UC and I am from the North Bay, Total homer but I love his work ethic and his speed, this kid wants to play and I hope he gets a chance.

favorites

1) reggie bush

2) matt leinart

3) vernon davis

4) mercedes lewis

5) maurice drew

leasts

1) vince young

just a little over vince already, didnt we already have an akli smith?

:thumbup: Jerious Norwood
Interesting what Rob said last night though, which I've heard other places: He doesn't have much wiggle. That could prevent him from being a true #1 RB.
Yeah, Rang isn't encouraging, but this thread is about "favorites" not projections. I like this kid. He gave this speech at the Bulldogs awards banquet that touched me okay. He even cried. I'm a softy. What can I say?BUT!

I disagree with Rang. Tom Casale is someone I like to follow this time of year. I think he's one of the better "film" watchers out there, and I like that he forms his opinions based on what he sees.

This is his take on Norwood.

Norwood isn’t getting as much publicity as some of the other backs in this draft class but after breaking down film, I think he’s one of the few every-down running backs coming out this year. Like Hall, Norwood could be another draft-day steal at the running back position.

Norwood played on one of college footballs worst passing offenses during his career at Mississippi State but still managed to post over 1,000 yards rushing in back-to-back seasons. He could be a real sleeper because he’s been productive against top competition in the SEC, despite not playing with a strong supporting cast. As Mississippi State’s lone offensive star, Norwood proved over his four years with the Bulldogs that he can carry the load and be the focal point of an offense.

Norwood was one of the stars at this year’s Combine. Coming in, NFL scouts had some questions about his speed but he answered critics by running an impressive 4.40 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. Norwood’s overall performance at the Combine greatly enhanced his draft stock. Watching him on tape, Norwood gets through holes quickly, has an extra burst once he gets into the open field and breaks a lot of tackles. With more talent around him, Norwood has the potential to put up big numbers on the ground.

(bold mine)
Those are some interesting comments, no? Rang said he doesn't break a lot of tackles. Casale went to the film and says the opposite. I've gone to the film and been much more impressed with his tackle breaking and wiggle than Addai against the same teams. If Addai is so good why did Norwood gain a yard more per carry with a lesser supporting cast? One article I read was from an opponent who confessed when you play MSU you plan everything around stopping Norwood and still can't do it. Addai never was the focus of opposing defenses, but was less impressive. I take issue with Rang's comments last night. I can support it. Go Jerious go!
I thought that Marshall was your weakness this year? :D I have to admit that I have not see much film of Norwood. I didn't notice too much either way about tackle-breaking at the Senior Bowl week, but what I did notice is that he has an explosive first couple of steps. Really impressed me.

So....for those of waiting patiently.............when are you going to come out with your RB Rankings on the blog? :P

Chris Cooley 2.0
DT Dusty Dvoracek - Something about the rowdy boy trying to make things right by working very very hard appeals to me.
My favorite guy in the draft. He's going to make some D-Line coach very happy.

I thought that Marshall was your weakness this year? :D

I have to admit that I have not see much film of Norwood. I didn't notice too much either way about tackle-breaking at the Senior Bowl week, but what I did notice is that he has an explosive first couple of steps. Really impressed me.

So....for those of waiting patiently.............when are you going to come out with your RB Rankings on the blog? :P
Marshall is a different discussion. I know nothing of him personally. I just think he's a great bargain and a possible stud in the making. When asked for favorites, I go to the guys I know a little about personally.RB Rankings?

Scale of 1-100

1. Bush 100

2. DWilliams 90

3. White 85

4. Norwood 84

5. Drew 82

5. Harrison 82

7. Maroney 80

7. Calhoun 80

9. Addai 75

10. Hall 74

11. Washington 70

11. Henderson 70

13. Whitehead 65

14. Howard 64

15. Riggs 63

Subject to change. Maroney is growing on me, but not Addai.

The only guy who stands out to me as grossly overrated is Vince Young. He was great in college, but I don't think his game translates well to the NFL level. If he's going to make it as a pro, then he's going to have to develop a lot of skills that he wasn't forced to rely on in college.

I thought that Marshall was your weakness this year? :D

I have to admit that I have not see much film of Norwood. I didn't notice too much either way about tackle-breaking at the Senior Bowl week, but what I did notice is that he has an explosive first couple of steps. Really impressed me.

Marshall is a different discussion. I know nothing of him personally. I just think he's a great bargain and a possible stud in the making. When asked for favorites, I go to the guys I know a little about personally.RB Rankings?

Scale of 1-100

1. Bush 100

2. DWilliams 90

3. White 85

4. Norwood 84

5. Drew 82

5. Harrison 82

7. Maroney 80

7. Calhoun 80

9. Addai 75

10. Hall 74

11. Washington 70

11. Henderson 70

13. Whitehead 65

14. Howard 64

15. Riggs 63

Subject to change. Maroney is growing on me, but not Addai.
Interesting, thanks. I'm beginning to share your positive thoughts on Drew, and I really like Casale's RB list there. Those are all guys I like better than the average guide I've seen.

Without looking through the other posts:

FAVORITE:

1. DeAngelo Williams

2. Vince Young - I have my doubts, but like the guy

3. Charles Gordon - KU!

4. Michael Huff

5. Omar Jacobs

DISLIKED:

1. Lawrence Maroney

2. LenDale White - lost respect for his pro day

3. Dusty Dvoracek

Favorites

DeAngelo Williams - great attitude and work ethic, an Arkansan who I still wish went to Arkansas, but continue to cheer him on

Jerious Norwood - from Brandon, MS where I live. All of the locals praise his attitude and he is known as a good guy and very hard worker. Agree with others as I saw more from him than Addai and LSU >>> Mississippi State

Leonard Pope - dominated the two or three times I got to watch him, another SEC guy

Not favored

Vince Young - similar style of taking off and dominating by running to Matt Jones of Arkansas last year. Not sure that I think he can be a better NFL QB than Matt could have been.

Rose BowlSDont forget him tearing up Michigan's Defense and Singlehandly winning that game also. As a Maize and Blue-Blood, I never will.

He will do well in the NFL.

I don't get the hate. They're a bunch of college kids. I wish them all the best. But I have more than five favorites.

RB Maurice Drew - If it translates it will be very fun to watch.

RB Jerome Harrison - Similar feeling to Drew, and I just don't get the disrespect.

RB Jerious Norwood - Mostly an ego thing since I've hyped him. :pray:

QB Vince Young - Again, if it translates, it will be great to watch.

OT Marcus McNeill - Great guy, great sense of humor. It'd be nice to see him succeed.

DE Elvis Dumervil - I hope he's Freeney all over again and a steal in the draft. Nice kid, great athlete. Be a shame if he failed.

OLB Moses Osemwegie - He caught my eye while scouting Cutler. He was to Vandy's D what Jay was to the O. Pretty much did it all by himself in the SEC. A real warrior, and a pretty good football player. I saw three straight series go three and out and he made nine tackles. He was everywhere.

ILB Kevin Simon - Watched him play with Mo Drew in high school and been a fan ever since. He was on his way to being a star but injuries set him back. Another great kid, hard worker, awesome player at full strength.

WR Michael Robinson - Switching to QB brought PSU back to prominence and destroyed his NFL prospects. Great individual. Hope he makes it.
*cough* Chris Cooley */cough*

Favorites - mostly guys I have followed over the past couple of years and am excited to see where they land.

1) Deangelo Williams

2) Laurence Maroney

3) Matt Leinart

4) AJ Hawk

5) Eric Winston

No hated players here either.

DISLIKED:

1. Lawrence Maroney

3. Dusty Dvoracek
How can you not like Dusty? He's the anti-LenDale White. He's undersized, not the most talented, but after making a mistake a few years ago he's busted his butt to make the most of the opportunities that were given to him.

like -

1) VY... one of a kind athlete... scouts polarized on his ability to grasp intricacies of NFL passing game & defenses... i think concerns about release are misplaced... pluses... poise under pressure, ability to throw under control with touch & off-the charts leadership intangibles... billick said it best, in that he is almost an intractable problem in finding a comp player as he seems to be a unique, one-of-a-kind athlete and physical specimen... he embodies the old saw about scouting being as much art as science...

2) cutler... mayock only scout i know that has him at #1 QB... could be a sleeper, & he may go to a better team than leinart & VY by virtue of dropping to team with better record with not as many holes, where he can probably be groomed for 1-2 years... where would leinart & cutler's respective draft fortunes be if situations reversed... leinart at vandy & cutler at USC?

3) deangelo williams... pass protection worries me... but he seems to have the whole package... i like caddy a ton & i think deangelo compares favorably & while a little shorter, is more compact & looks like he has a stouter lower body... might have better short area burst, open field cutting ability & long speed than caddy...

4) maroney... was graded #4 by a lot of scouts, probably #3 now on many with white slipping... mayock has at #2... he thinks he will fill out to about 220-225 which would be bigger than edge, he already is as fast (4.4)... some of his attributes that are strengths correlate to success as an NFL RB... patience, vision, instincts & cutting ability... extremely dangerous, explosive speed once he gets in the clear... has the frame to be an assett once he is coached up in pass protection technique...

5) lendale white... i have moved maroney ahead... could be a monster in power running attack like CAR & PIT... 40 shmorty... cue up the game film for past three seasons...

6) vernon davis... has the raw physical ability & natural talent to revolutionize & redefine the position... not just a workout warrior... competitive receiving personailty who has an "its my ball" attitude when the ball is in the air... looking to score once he turns upfield... should be a load for one DB to bring down once he gets up to speed & squares his shoulders... in terms of pure ability, some scouts are saying he should be graded as the #3 overall prospect in draft (after bush & mario)... SF would be dream destination for fantasy ballers, as it would fit profile of stud TEs coming from teams with weak WRs (see gates & t-gon)... he would IMMEDIATELY become the most dangerous weapon in their passing attack...

IDP...

1) mario williams - compared to julius peppers a lot (he does have comparable rush instincts) but has a body type more reminiscent of reggie white (for my money he was greatest DE to ever play the game)...

2) broderick bunkley... great blend of power & explosiveness... looks like the rare DT who can be stout in run game & a force as a pass rusher...

3) ernie sims... will be cheaper than hawk, but could have similar impact (definition of value)... great pedigree & bloodlines (former #1 overall prospect in nation at LB/RB is DJ williams-like resume, & his mother was all-american sprinter)... instinctive, can get off blocks, has the sense of angles to get through traffic & always be around the ball... sideline-to-sideline playmaker... could be combination of jonathan vilma & derrick brooks...

4) d'qwell jackson - has also been compared to vilma by kiper... kind of a tweener in that there is debate about whether he is a more natural MLB or WLB in the NFL (some scouts had exact same concern & question about vilma), but he will be a playmaker wherever he lines up... not as fast as sims, but outstanding instincts, ability to get off blocks & find the ballcarrier... very reliable open field tackler once he gets in range, he breaks down & wraps up solidly... like sims, could be a star immediately in right system & situation...

5) manny lawson... voted MVP on same team that had mario williams! had best time of frontline DE/LB prospects & his agility drill times were among best at position/s... unclear if he is a robert mathis-like speed/edge rusher, or a smaller, faster & more explosive peter boulware-type rush-backer... a playmaker who could have the athleticism & talent to resist & transcend positional pigeonholing...

6) darnell bing - health is the only question... so talented he is probably worth risk... some of other top safeties like huff, whitner & allen with CB-like skills have more FS size & attributes... bing is more of a pure SS, he could be a blow up tackler & weapon against the run game if he holds up, & rack up most tackles among DBs for dynasty IDP leagues...

DISLIKED:

1. Lawrence Maroney

3. Dusty Dvoracek
How can you not like Dusty? He's the anti-LenDale White. He's undersized, not the most talented, but after making a mistake a few years ago he's busted his butt to make the most of the opportunities that were given to him.
Anger management issues, substance abuse, he looks like a thug, he played for Oklahoma...

HB  Garrett Mills - He's a secret weapon, I say.
:yes: He'll be drafted as a FB, but once they see what this kid can do in minicamp, they will carve out a cooley role for him. He's got one of the 3 or 5 best sets of hands in the whole draft. Big ups to Wannabee for bringing him to my attention months ago.

:( At the combine he looked like someone who probably won't even stick on a roster. Too bad injuries did him in before we saw what he could do on Sunday.

:yes: He'll be drafted as a FB, but once they see what this kid can do in minicamp, they will carve out a cooley role for him. He's got one of the 3 or 5 best sets of hands in the whole draft. Big ups to Wannabee for bringing him to my attention months ago.
I traded a couple tapes to get tape on him and some others. Mills is a very good runner. He's got some wheels, football speed, and he runs with nice vision. Then he can truck about any DB. The idea of moving him to FB had to have as much to do with his running ability as his size. I was way more impressed than I expected to be. He can play H-Back like Cooley. He can play fullback and be heavily used in the passing game. I can even see him getting lighter and faster and playing in the slot. I'd sure like to see him in Dallas. He reminds me of Larry Centers as much as Cooley.

favs-

reggie Bush- i really wish the jets were in a position to take him. He's so fun to watch

Mario williams- Huge and fast. Hope he ends up a jet

Greg Eslinger- id rather have him in the 3rd than mangold in the late first.

AJ Hawk

guys i really dont like(hate is too strong a word)

Cutler- So sick of hearing about him. I realize his college team sucked and that he has solid phsyical abilities. But i just cant shake the suspicion that he is Kyle boller 2.0

Maroney- never impressed me. Every time i watched a Minnesota game, Corner backs were bringing him down in the backfield. His backup outplayed him every time i watched

Matt Leinert- His college career was unreal, but i think he is a tad whiney and very spoiled. If im running a team, i want a QB that spent his college career practicing in the cold and watching game tape, not chilling on the beach and clubbing with Nick Lachey. Add in the less than stellar arm, and i think you have the recipe for disaster. If the jets trade up to # 2 and take him, i think im done.

Vince Young- I dont hate him, and i loved watching him in college. I just dont think it translates. I dont think he can make the reads in a pro-style offense.

Users who are viewing this thread