What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your view of the political leanings of the PSF (1 Viewer)

% of PSF members that are right wing radicals

• 0%

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • 10%

Votes: 70 53.4%
  • 20%

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • 30%

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • 40%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 50%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70%

• 80%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 90%

• 100%

• Total voters
It's not even debatable.  In the abortion poll, twice as many people thought abortion should be allowed up until the moment of birth than those who oppose abortion in all instances.  Think about that.  10% of this forum wants abortion on demand up until the moment of delivery.  That's barbaric, crazy ####.  ####### own it already.  
I haven’t seen the poll, but if that’s a radical left position and 10% of the poll respondents answered that way, that would seem to support the view that 10% of the PSF are radical liberals. 

Priviledges more important.

1.  Being rich

2.  Having two-parents

3.  Having big family

4.  Being healthy

5.  Being tall

6.  Being intelligent

7.  Being athletic

8.  Being good looking

I am so done with giving the left a pass on the racist divide and hatred that they sow towards whites.   Institutionalize racism no longer exists towards blacks, but it does towards whites.  Racism towards blacks is on an individual level and not an institutional level and when it pops up it is universally condemned.  Dividing up people by races and classify them as priviledged and oppressors is a despicable form of racism that has no place in modern society.   Singling out race is ugly and bigoted.  
I'm all 8 things on your list and white. I think you ranked being good looking too low BTW. Being white, in terms of privilege and social advantage is probably the 3rd most beneficial, behind being rich and being intelligent.

It's not even debatable.  In the abortion poll, twice as many people thought abortion should be allowed up until the moment of birth than those who oppose abortion in all instances.  Think about that.  10% of this forum wants abortion on demand up until the moment of delivery.  That's barbaric, crazy ####.  ####### own it already.  
I agree its not debatable but the  other way. This place is not radical at all.  Not even close.

Very few are that much for abortion beyond for the health of the mother…that isn’t barbaric or crazy no.   There is nothing to  own as it just isn’t reality of the board

I haven’t seen the poll, but if that’s a radical left position and 10% of the poll respondents answered that way, that would seem to support the view that 10% of the PSF are radical liberals. 
What's up BB?  The poll is here.  https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/804817-what-is-your-position-on-abortion-a-confidential-poll/#comment-24083145

That poll actually gave me hope, because most people seem to have a reasonable, moderate view on when abortion should be allowed and not allowed.   I just can't get my arms around even 1 person advocating for abortion at 9 months, never mind 10%

What are your thoughts?  Do you think there are more radicals on the Right than the Left in here?

This is true but the pendulum has definitely swung too far the other way. Whites males are sometimes disadvantaged because forced diversity rather than selecting the best candidate. 
If I could be trans racial and reap those forced diversity benefits you're taking about...

I'd stay white. Sorry, I just don't think what you're describing is that common and I like getting out of traffic tickets instead of fearing for my life.

What's up BB?  The poll is here.  https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/804817-what-is-your-position-on-abortion-a-confidential-poll/#comment-24083145

That poll actually gave me hope, because most people seem to have a reasonable, moderate view on when abortion should be allowed and not allowed.   I just can't get my arms around even 1 person advocating for abortion at 9 months, never mind 10%

What are your thoughts?  Do you think there are more radicals on the Right than the Left in here?
Honestly, I have no idea. That’s actually why I didn’t answer the poll questions.

And good to see you posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree its not debatable but the  other way. This place is not radical at all.  Not even close.

Very few are that much for abortion beyond for the health of the mother…that isn’t barbaric or crazy no.   There is nothing to  own as it just isn’t reality of the board
Sorry Sho, but I think this place has a significant number of hard-core Liberals.  I don't see too many hard-core Conservatives.  

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined not to to want to debate this.  Only because it's all in how one defines radical.  The lines have blurred over the years.

I have seen terms like white priviledge far too often in a derogatory dismissive manor far top often to accept the usage.   You either abhor all forms of racism or you don't. 
White privilege isn't racist. It's reality. Describing reality is necessary to have real discussions.

I will say I don't actually like the term. Much like "defund the police" whoever coined the term did the concept a serious disservice.

White privilege is what should be the baseline for how all people are treated. It shouldn't be a privilege, but rather what we expect for how we treat everyone, regardless of race, gender, creed, orientation, etc. And say what you want, the fact is that the only people walking around getting the baseline common decency and respect we all deserve are white dudes. 

So, if you want the term to die, then you've got the same goal I do. Thing is, it doesn't die from us not saying it, but from all of us treating each other as well as we already treat white dudes.

Same here buddy.  Just curious - what do you consider yourself?  And what do you consider me? 
I consider myself a left leaning moderate. I honestly don’t know enough about your positions on a variety of topics to have what I would consider an informed guess. But if I were forced to speculate, I would say moderate conservative (just slightly more right than a right leaning moderate).

I consider myself a left leaning moderate. I honestly don’t know enough about your positions on a variety of topics to have what I would consider an informed guess. But if I were forced to speculate, I would say moderate conservative (just slightly more right than a right leaning moderate).
Right on the money.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm not as Conservative as people think.  There's another variable at play here though, and that is strength of conviction.   I have relatively Moderate views, but I come across as being ultra-Conservative and I think it's because of the way I present my views.  In short, I can be a real ### at time.  😆

I appreciate everyone in here bearing with me.  I stray off the reservation, but good people like yourself and @ShoNuff, @KarmaPolice, @dkp993 wrangle me back in.  👍 I appreciate you all.

I'm all 8 things on your list and white. I think you ranked being good looking too low BTW. Being white, in terms of privilege and social advantage is probably the 3rd most beneficial, behind being rich and being intelligent.

Athletes are easily fat more privileged than being white. 

Right on the money.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm not as Conservative as people think.  There's another variable at play here though, and that is strength of conviction.   I have relatively Moderate views, but I come across as being ultra-Conservative and I think it's because of the way I present my views.  In short, I can be a real ### at time.  😆

I appreciate everyone in here bearing with me.  I stray off the reservation, but good people like yourself and @ShoNuff, @KarmaPolice, @dkp993 wrangle me back in.  👍 I appreciate you all.
I actually think most people come off as more "radical" on this forum than they are in real life. We only see a very limited portion of who a person is based on their posts and it is often when they are very passionate about the subject. It makes for a very distorted view of posters with differing views. I try to remember that when judging people, but still fail often and judge people more harshly than I should.

Doesn't this really depend on the definition of radical?  For instance, I think it's perfectly reasonable to consider those who think Jan 6 was no big deal right-wing radicals.  I think it's reasonable to consider those who would vote for Trump again, under any circumstances (i.e. even against Biden), knowing what we know now, right-wing radicals.  I think it's reasonable to consider those who advocate for no abortion exceptions for rape or health of the mother right-wing radicals.  Using that first definition, there are an awful lot of right-wing radicals here.

We should also consider whether we're counting aliases.  For instance, should I count Noonan, snogger, and gilroy as one or three?

I'd call you a right-wing moderate.  I wouldn't say it's "strength of conviction" that might tend to make others think you are further right.  Rather, I'd say it's the hatred and disdain for liberals, even moderate liberals, that your posts convey.  I mean, sure, you're not quite at unhinged, jon_mx level, but it's there.

Professional athletes? Sure.

Being athletic? Not really. I've never gotten out of a speeding ticket because I won the post volleyball championship.

At the high school level and college level football and basketball players are the big men on campus.  Now they can even profit off of it.  And yes even benefit from looking the other way on  criminal arrests and prosecutions of athletes at those levels. 

If I could be trans racial and reap those forced diversity benefits you're taking about...

I'd stay white. Sorry, I just don't think what you're describing is that common and I like getting out of traffic tickets instead of fearing for my life.
This is merely an anecdote, but looking at the overall landscape, I would imagine this is more common than you think:

My father works for an arm of NASA. His group, and I assume the entire apparatus, are actively tracking how many women and minorities that are being hired. Reports on the diversity statistics are provided to hiring managers on a semi-annual basis. During his last review meeting with his manager, he was congratulated for the progress his team had made in this regard. "Keep it up. We can do even better." The impression he's been given is that given the choice between two closely qualified people, it's better to get those numbers up. So now it's not good enough to be the best candidate as a white male, you need to clearly the best candidate or else you're at a disadvantage. 

I don’t think we really have any radical lefties, do we?

Thinking Occupiers, BLM, Antifa types…

This board is not a 50/50 split and 30% of the people here aren't white supremacists.  The vaccine polls alone would also prove you are wrong.

Fatguy has called himself an extreme leftist just to name one. 

I went 10/50/30/10

This is the correct answer.

Would you consider some who primarily watches MSNBC for their news and believes Pelosi is the greatest speaker in our history and Biden is perhaps an above average President to be a radical leftist for the purpose of this poll?  Is voting for Trump in 24 based on what we know now a radical and primarily watching Fox for news a rightist position?

Would you consider some who primarily watches MSNBC for their news and believes Pelosi is the greatest speaker in our history and Biden is perhaps an above average President to be a radical leftist for the purpose of this poll?  Is voting for Trump in 24 based on what we know now a radical and primarily watching Fox for news a rightist position?
No and yes, but only because of the Trump thing.

Supporting the end of Democracy is radical, no way around that.

Let's put it this way:

If you think that the only racism that is problematic in the US is discrimination against white males, you are a right wing radical.
.....or if you think you should be ashamed to be white you are a left wing radical.

Yes and yes. I realize that's a crude allocation, but until we hammer out better metrics, this is the kind of analysis I'm using.  

- Primarily watches MSNBC?  No.

- Considers Pelosi the greatest Speaker?  Unsure.  If "greatest" is defined as "getting the party in line", I wouldn't even know how to gather the metrics.  If "greatest" is defined as "best bills for the country", I'd say Pelosi can't possibly be close.  That said, I'd say such a belief is likely more a product of recency bias than radical thought.

- Considers Biden above average?  Really pushing it to yes here.

- Primarily watches Fox News?  No.

- Would even consider voting for Trump in 2024 under any circumstances?  Yes.

.....or if you think you should be ashamed to be white you are a left wing radical.
That seems like a fair balance. Of course, this is just one issue. I’ll bet most of us have at least one issue we’re “radical” on. I’m not sure that qualifies us as radical in totality.

My wife has friends she goes out for drinks with that include a Trump supporter and a staunch Trump hater.  An incident occurred one time when the Trump supporter made a positive comment about Trump and the Trump hater started yelling at the other one in a restaurant.  My wife was so embarrassed.  The Trump hater later apologized to the other lady, but wow, how did we ever get to this point?  People are so divided they can't even have a rational conversation on politics without making a fool of themselves.

This is merely an anecdote, but looking at the overall landscape, I would imagine this is more common than you think:

My father works for an arm of NASA. His group, and I assume the entire apparatus, are actively tracking how many women and minorities that are being hired. Reports on the diversity statistics are provided to hiring managers on a semi-annual basis. During his last review meeting with his manager, he was congratulated for the progress his team had made in this regard. "Keep it up. We can do even better." The impression he's been given is that given the choice between two closely qualified people, it's better to get those numbers up. So now it's not good enough to be the best candidate as a white male, you need to clearly the best candidate or else you're at a disadvantage. 
I don't doubt that this happens sometimes. But I know where I work we don't look at diversity numbers as a way of choosing between equally qualified candidates. Rather, we look at it as being more intentional about reaching out to diverse communities for candidates. Bringing in more diverse candidates and some of them will be the best candidate. 

When person A thinks the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, and person B disagrees, that does not constitute a difference of opinion.

Person A is simply wrong.

Now do the Dossier!!!

Can we stop playing these games?  It's just so weird to me to see people who fell for that hook line and sinker now pointing fingers about others believing things that are wrong.

There are literall recent examples of Democrats denying the validity of election results. 

When person A thinks the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, and person B disagrees, that does not constitute a difference of opinion.

Person A is simply wrong.
At best person A is willfully ignorant. At worst he has no regard for the voting rights of his fellow Americans. 

I don't doubt that this happens sometimes. But I know where I work we don't look at diversity numbers as a way of choosing between equally qualified candidates. Rather, we look at it as being more intentional about reaching out to diverse communities for candidates. Bringing in more diverse candidates and some of them will be the best candidate. 
Broadening your pool of candidates will help you hire better people.  With a broader pool, the worst case scenario is that you hire the same person you would have hired from a narrower pool.  Best case scenario is you hire somebody better.  There's literally no downside.  Having a broader pool of candidates to choose from is basically a free lunch from an optimization standpoint. 

Using race and sex as proxies for qualification will generally make it harder to hire better people.  Because race and sex aren't relevant to putting rockets into lunar orbit.  Hiring on irrelevant criteria will usually result in less-qualified hires, on average. 

Folks who engage in the kind of bean-counting described in the post you're responding to are almost always doing the second thing, not the first thing. 

Broadening your pool of candidates will help you hire better people.  With a broader pool, the worst case scenario is that you hire the same person you would have hired from a narrower pool.  Best case scenario is you hire somebody better.  There's literally no downside.  Having a broader pool of candidates to choose from is basically a free lunch from an optimization standpoint. 

Using race and sex as proxies for qualification will generally make it harder to hire better people.  Because race and sex aren't relevant to putting rockets into lunar orbit.  Hiring on irrelevant criteria will usually result in less-qualified hires, on average. 

Folks who engage in the kind of bean-counting described in the post you're responding to are almost always doing the second thing, not the first thing. 
The bolded is common sense, but a lot of folks don't want to hear it.

Would you consider some who primarily watches MSNBC for their news and believes Pelosi is the greatest speaker in our history and Biden is perhaps an above average President to be a radical leftist for the purpose of this poll? 
@timschochetis an establishment guy.  To suggest that is radical is ...

I'd call you a right-wing moderate.  I wouldn't say it's "strength of conviction" that might tend to make others think you are further right.  Rather, I'd say it's the hatred and disdain for liberals, even moderate liberals, that your posts convey.  I mean, sure, you're not quite at unhinged, jon_mx level, but it's there.
I don't hate Moderate Liberals.  I share many of the same beliefs as they do.  I'm pro-abortion prior to viability, pro gun-reform, pro LGBTQIA, I'm from a mixed race family and believe more needs to be done in the area of systemic racism...  I'm from a very Liberal state and most of my family and friends are Liberal.

I don't like dishonest and I don't like meanness.  I do clash with some of the people in here because they do tend to be confrontational and at times real nasty.  Your pot-shot at Jon_mx, for instance, was overly personal and entirely unnecessary.  But I do congratulate you on managing to insult two people with one sentence.

I don't like dishonest and I don't like meanness.  I do clash with some of the people in here because they do tend to be confrontational and at times real nasty.  Your pot-shot at Jon_mx, for instance, was overly personal and entirely unnecessary.  But I do congratulate you on managing to insult two people with one sentence.
You came in here last night and, unprompted, said that folks are "bordering on mental illness" for not voting how you wanted in a poll while describing their policy preferences as "barbaric, crazy ####". Seems like you give as good as you get on this front. :shrug:

I don’t think many of us have ever actually met anyone really radical.  I said before and still believe that 1% or less are radical on each side.

You came in here last night and, unprompted, said that folks are "bordering on mental illness" for not voting how you wanted in a poll while describing their policy preferences as "barbaric, crazy ####". Seems like you give as good as you get on this front. :shrug:
You're right.  No excuse for it and I apologize.  Been going through a real bad stretch, and should probably take some time away.  @Rich Conway - no hard feelings buddy.  I still want to have drinks with you soon.

Be well guys.

One thing on the polls. If one wants to cite the results and generate insights about the outcome of the poll, the poll absolutely has to be public. How can one say “10% here support abortion until the day before birth!” with any level of certainty? For all we know the most anti-abortion folks here voted that way to make some kind of point. I realize it may seem counterintuitive, but people are smart, and gaming the polls is too easy when they’re not public. Non-public polls have their place, but keep in mind they can easily be manipulated. 

You're right.  No excuse for it and I apologize.  Been going through a real bad stretch, and should probably take some time away.  @Rich Conway - no hard feelings buddy.  I still want to have drinks with you soon.

Be well guys.
Hope you stick around though. I find this place can be helpful in some ways when times are tough. Also we’ve all posted some stuff we may not be 100% happy with, myself included. No one is perfect. Hope things take a turn for the better man. 

Be well guys.
The character of a person is most often defined by their ability to own their own ####.  You my ifriend are brimming with character.  Hope the times get better for you and if you ever need a sounding board never fear to reach out.  I got your back. 

I think very few posters here are radical on either end of the spectrum.

but, I think there’s a huge range between moderate conservative and radical conservative. Same for the liberal side.

I think a lot of posters on both sides are a ways away from being moderate, but don’t quite meet the criteria for radical.

I don't hate Moderate Liberals.  I share many of the same beliefs as they do.  I'm pro-abortion prior to viability, pro gun-reform, pro LGBTQIA, I'm from a mixed race family and believe more needs to be done in the area of systemic racism...  I'm from a very Liberal state and most of my family and friends are Liberal.

Be well guys.
To be clear, I didn't say "you hate liberal, even moderate liberals".  I said your posts (OK, not all, but a good number of them) convey hatred and disdain for liberals, even moderate liberals.  The post Desert Power mentioned, for instance.

Hope things turn around for you soon.

As for another poster and his non-stop rants about evil liberals, if you don't think those are unhinged, I'm not sure what to say.

Users who are viewing this thread