What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (5 Viewers)

a 12-week break? f that. basically that means we get 6 new episodes in the next 6 months.
Damn, the first complaint didn't even wait until the Season 4 thread.Edit to Add: I do agree with your complaint, but all the people #####ing about the reruns last year got there way and now there is a 6 episode stretch and an 16-18 epsiode stretch. The second half will be great, the 12 week stretch will suck, but oh well.

Although, if the first 6 episodes are started and wrapped up in 6 episodes, i.e. an Others centric set that take place in there camp/real bunker, then it is fine for me. If they then start episode 7 right in the same place, then it is dumb, but I give the writers credit and think that they are breaking it that way because the season 3 storyline will have 2 different themes to break it into almost two different seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Season 2 LOST DVD will be released on October 3, 2006.
This means that season 3 will start LATE. They won't start it prior to the DVD being released. Maybe a 24 style season, Jan to May straight episodes.
I thought season 3 was scheduled to start Oct 4th.Seems strange to me though. Why release the DVDs and start the season the next day? They need to give it a few weeks for people to watch the DVDs before starting with new shows. Otherwise they will lose potential new viewers who can never catch up.

I know "Dharma" has been covered here, but thought this was interesting.

I'm browsing through The Teaching of Buddha book I picked up in a Japanese hotel a few years ago. (Just like Bibles in American hotels--hardback and ~600 pages long--one side is English, the other is in Kanji).

From the section titled "The Last Taching of The Buddha:"

But the true Buddha is not a human body: -- it is Enlightenment.  A human body must die, but the Wisdom of Enlightenment will exist forever in the truth of the Dharma, and in the pracite of the Dharma.  He who sees merely my body does not truly see me.  Only he who accepts my teaching truly sees me.

After my death, the Dharma shall be your teacher.  Follow the Dharma and you will be true to me.

During the last forty-five years of my life, I have withheld nothing from my teachings.  There is no secret teaching, no hidden meaning; everything has been taught openly and clearly.  My ear disciples, this is the end.  In a moment, I shall be passing into Nirvana.  This is my instruction.
:shrug: just thought it was interesting.

i caught up with both seasons in about 2 weeks' time. this thread's a mess.
good thing your post is not.
3b) Next season has a lot of romance elements. Yuck.
junior high all done for the summer?
college is done for the summer and i don't start work for another 12 days. not sure if you're defending the romantic side of the show, but the last thing i want is to watch bernard and rose cuddle while dozens of questions go unanswered.

Can't find it in the many pages here -- what is the name of the name of that other book that has some connection to Lost?

It is called "Third (something"). Who knows the name and author?

Can't find it in the many pages here -- what is the name of the name of that other book that has some connection to Lost?

It is called "Third (something"). Who knows the name and author?
3rd Watchman, I believe.

a 12-week break? f that. basically that means we get 6 new episodes in the next 6 months.
Not bad. Assuming this is true, the season 3 could go like this :september 27 to november 1

january 31 to may 23

:popcorn:

2)...Additionally, Michael's wife is one of the women that Sawyer screwed and I remember every one of them being hot so yeah, he has a hot wife.
Did I miss something? What in the world are you talking about?
michael's real life wife appeared in 3 episodes apparently. the only one i know of is in "outlaws." the chick that sawyer's gonna screw before he sees gibbs or hibbs or whatever his name is in there.Caps Here

and here she is not looking so dolled up and kind of heinous

From Wikipedia:

Name connections: Penelope (Desmond's love) is also the name of Odysseus's wife, who waited twenty years for his return from the Trojan War. Penelope, according to Homer, staved off the advances of 108 suitors.
Interesting stuff.
108 suitors. What are the odds.

Not bad. Assuming this is true, the season 3 could go like this :september 27 to november 1

january 31 to may 23

No WAY they do this. I will be so pissed. Especially after saying they are stand-up franchise compared to the Sopranos. No effin way. :rant:

january 31 to may 23

No WAY they do this. I will be so pissed. Especially after saying they are stand-up franchise compared to the Sopranos. No effin way. :rant:
This will be better than the stupid alternating new/reruns they did last season.

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/telebuddy/ar...coopage_w.shtml

'Lost' scoopage: Where's Michael?

Just got off the phone with Harold Perrineau, who plays Michael on Lost. He tells me that last night was his swansong on the hit ABC series. Despite a lot of unanswered questions about him and his TV son, Michael is being written out of the show! Season 3's storyline has no plans to follow Michael. Perhaps, though, he will be back for Season 4 -- which won't air until 2008! (Do you know how *old* I will be then? Like, 28!)

Perrineau tells me he is no longer under contract with "Lost" and is free to look for other work. He also thinks the finale was slightly confusing to the viewer and didn't clearly spell out that Michael and Walt left the island, headed toward home.(We are supposed to assume that Michael and Walt do make it home but don't send help back for the others -- as opposed to The Others.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/25/arts/tel...ion/25lost.html

Interesting article with some good quotes from the writers.

"He was writing chapter by chapter for newspapers," Mr. Cuse said. "We often think: 'How much did ####ens know when he was writing his stories? How much of it was planned out, and how much was flying by the seat of his pants because he had to get another chapter in?' " He paused, then said with a laugh, "We can respect what he went through."
Last night's episode solved two significant "Lost" puzzles, which turned out to be related. What would happen when the button wasn't pushed? (There was a huge explosion, and if Desmond had not activated a backup system, Mr. Cuse said, "It might have led to, ultimately, sucking everything on earth into itself.") And what crashed the castaways' plane? (It was a casualty of the only other instance when the button was not pushed on time.)
Will a rescue effort be a part of Season 3? Mr. Lindelof and Mr. Cuse would not say but allowed that if this season was about the hatch, next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?"
eyond serving as a teaser, the finale's last minutes were incredibly important to the larger story, Mr. Lindelof said, particularly since this was the first time in 49 hours of the show that "Lost" went off the island in the present, rather than in a flashback. "It's time to actually blow up several theories of the show," he said. "People who believe that they're in purgatory or that they're subjects of an experiment are going to start reassessing those theories based on the fact that we are literally showing you the outside world."

Um...has anyone else read this map???This has got to be pure speculation IMO.... but just in case...I put it in spoilers quotes...

Bernard/Hanso = What means this?

Jack & Claire = siblings via Jack's Dad

The Others' Fake Henry = Aaron's Grandfather = father of Aaron's father???

- Jack = Aaron's Uncle

Bernard/Hanso "works for" The Others' Fake Henry ?

Rose = Walt's Grandmother (via his Mom?)

Real Henry Gale = Rose's brother

Desmond's girlfriend was to adopt Claire's Aaron?

Has anyone out there ever heard of the Vela incident? People on other sites feel that this is the incident that Dr. Marvin Candle refers to in the Swan film. I have never heard of this “incident” before and there is no mention of it on the History Channel website.

Will a rescue effort be a part of Season 3? Mr. Lindelof and Mr. Cuse would not say but allowed that if this season was about the hatch, next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?"
Maybe certain FBG's will enjoy some humble pie now.

Um...has anyone else read this map???This has got to be pure speculation IMO.... but just in case...I put it in spoilers quotes...

- Jack = Aaron's Uncle

IMHO, those connections are all pure speculation and highly unlikely.

Last night's episode solved two significant "Lost" puzzles, which turned out to be related. What would happen when the button wasn't pushed? (There was a huge explosion, and if Desmond had not activated a backup system, Mr. Cuse said, "It might have led to, ultimately, sucking everything on earth into itself.") And what crashed the castaways' plane? (It was a casualty of the only other instance when the button was not pushed on time.)
A singularity then?

january 31 to may 23

This will be better than the stupid alternating new/reruns they did last season.
Possibly, but the 12 week break will be rather long. I think it will be OK if the first 6 episodes are almost a mini-season, i.e. there is a good break point/cliffhanger between episode 6 and 7. The second part of the season going non-stop will be great no matter what since we will be past the long pause.

- Jack = Aaron's Uncle

I agree and I think we have heard from the writers (correct me if I'm wrong) that while they have shown run-ins between characters, the run-ins are not significant. They just do that so the viewers are entertained while watching the show.

january 31 to may 23

:goodposting: I don't know what everyone's crying about.

I don't know what everyone's crying about.
People like to complain :confused:
:goodposting: I posted this one page ago.

Thanks. I hadn't heard that. 12 week break. I predict page 50 as the Over/Under on Season 3 thread for the first complaint about having a 12 week break.
For some unknown reason, I way, way, way overestimated the patience of people. Shame on me cause it only took 17 posts for the first complaint.I will say, that there are going to be a ton of complaints around week6/7 when the rest of the herd finds out that islostarepeat.com will be YES for 12 straight weeks.

Case in point, I argued endlessly that the plane crashed sometime between 2007 and 2011.

Clearly, I was 100% wrong.

At least I don't have to dig up those links to what must've been prop errors anymore.
I was going to post a note to you on that. When I heard September, 2004, I knew somewhere out there a tear was welling up in some big green guy's eye.
Didn't LOST premier on September 22, 2004? I know it was in Sept '04, but don't recall the date.
Yes, that was the date.
Brewdude, Hulk has quoted his posts. He was off the theory that the whole thing was taking place in the future. I remember that well, so when Locke and Desmon said exactly when the plane crashed, I knew Hulk was thinking :bag: and probably a bit verklemfpt.
I realize that. I'm just pointing out that the show actually started airing on the same date that Kelvin crashed the plane.

Just an interesting tie...not much to make of it, IMO.
I'm a few pages back.How does this effect the Red Sox quote from Season 1? I can't remember it exactly, but didn't they speak like they knew the RSox won the WS?

Henry is clearly the leader based on Zeke's response to him about why he didn't have the beard on.
No shizzee.
Gotcha, you don't even watch the show do you? You just read this thread and pretend, you have been working on this shtick for 2 seasons, man that is dedication.
No call for being rude. I admit I didn't watch every epsidoe fifteen times to pick up every little nuance - or participate in this thread to follow much - that shouldn't call for this type of attitude.I have watched every episode - missed a few minutes here and there over the month of April - but I have seen every episode.

No - I don't have every friggin' comment memorized.
Chill, man, was trying to be funny not rude. I suppose I should have put a ;) in there, but I figured you would have gotten the sarcasm. Heck, I think highly of you because you have been a backer of Dominick Davis in other threads!Anyway, other people may have actually been more serious (I was trying to be funny but it was after midnight and I was tired) and I understand them being so. I can see why folks who love the show (you have to love the show to post about it) would be put off by someone who says the show jumped the shark. It's just human nature to defend your position, go start a thread about Ron Dayne not being a top 20 RB and see if SSOG gets a bit riled up.
I don't know if anyone else here is regularly in the practice of searching their user name (to see if there were any big topics they missed or posts they haven't responded to)... but I have to say, this is about the last place I expected my name to turn up. :unsure:

Season 3 Spoilers

Lost Spoilers

Lost airs on ABC on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST. The series was renewed for a 3rd season. It will return in September for 6 episodes and then go in hiatus for 12 weeks and come back for 17 straight episodes.

There are currently no Lost episodic spoilers.

General Season 3 spoilers:

*Next season, we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central issue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important. The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed. The foot statue represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there. The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it. Why did the Others take Jack, Kate and Sawyer? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes. Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology. How Locke got in the wheelchair, how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three.

*I just received some exclusive intel on the new characters joining Lost. In addition to the two female roles, the show is also adding a new hunk. Descriptions are: Female, 30s, with leadership qualities. Female, early 20s, very attractive. Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality. My guess? These are some of the "background" survivors that Carlton Cuse told me would emerge next season.

*Next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?"

*Producers of ABC's hit series Lost [...] told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romanceâand on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore." Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger. [...] "I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love is there, and... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

*I will say that the next season is a lot about the Others. There's a lot of mysteries about the Others that we'll be getting into next year. [We will see more of Alex next season.]

*ABC's Lost is on the hunt for two new actresses to join the cast for Season 3, now that the show's distaff ranks have been quickly depleted by the twin killings of Michelle Rodriguez's Ana Lucia and Cynthia Watros' Libby.

*[Chances to see Ana-Lucia in flashbacks are] slim to none, "Never say never, but we feel like we told her story," he reveals. "Her arc had a beginning, middle and an end." "You will [eventually] find out what happened to Cindy,"

*Harold Perrineau is not a regular for next season. He could be back as a guest star (Ã la Walt this season) but not as a regular cast member.

*Michael Emerson (Henry Gale) [...] is returning next season as a series regular.

*[in Season 3,] there will be new locations and new characters (one rumor has Desmond joining the cast full-time, but producers won't comment). The season's big theme sounds timely, twisty, and terrifying. Hints Lindelof: "'Us versus Them.' But who's the 'us,' and who's the 'them'?"

*Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead.

*The growth of Malcolm David Kelly (Walt) will be addressed in the 3rd season. You can expect to see more of Rousseau next year, but the story of the wrecked research vessel, it will be coming at some point but we can't guarantee it'll be in Season 3. We'll be introducing new characters in Season 3, so you'll be getting fresh flashbacks. You'll probably see fewer flashbacks of our original characters as we begin to move toward certain inevitabilities. You will learn more about some of the other survivors next year. Also, where the new characters come from in Season 3 is going be part of the fun and anticipation over the summer, and hopefully by the end of the finale you'll be getting some sense of who those characters might be. We are going to produce the next 22 hours of Lost in Season 3.

*I've heard that a few actors will no longer be contracted as series regulars [next season] -- but that doesn't mean we won't see them again.

*Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg...

*There is going to be a flashback story that fully explains the significance of all [Jack's] tattoos and puts it into the framework of what was happening in his life when he got them.

How cool would it have been if the Others asked Michael to bring back four survivors back to the Others' base camp: Sawyer, Jack, Kate and -- instead of Hugo/Hurley -- one of the no-name survivors we haven't really gotten to know yet? They could've sent the New Guy back with a message for the rest of the original survivors just as easily as they sent Hurley, and we'd all be :tinfoilhat: speculating about its his significance all summer long.

A golden opportunity, missed.

How cool would it have been if the Others asked Michael to bring back four survivors back to the Others' base camp: Sawyer, Jack, Kate and -- instead of Hugo/Hurley -- one of the no-name survivors we haven't really gotten to know yet? They could've sent the New Guy back with a message for the rest of the original survivors just as easily as they sent Hurley, and we'd all be :tinfoilhat: speculating about its his significance all summer long.

And what if New Guy was played by a guest star? Maybe someone like .... Chuck Norris. :D

And what if New Guy was played by a guest star? Maybe someone like .... Chuck Norris. :D
Then Chuck would have just round house kicked all the Others and the show would be over. And the island would have been scared into showing itself on radar and everyone would have been saved.

Henry is clearly the leader based on Zeke's response to him about why he didn't have the beard on.
No shizzee.
Gotcha, you don't even watch the show do you? You just read this thread and pretend, you have been working on this shtick for 2 seasons, man that is dedication.
No call for being rude. I admit I didn't watch every epsidoe fifteen times to pick up every little nuance - or participate in this thread to follow much - that shouldn't call for this type of attitude.I have watched every episode - missed a few minutes here and there over the month of April - but I have seen every episode.

Chill, man, was trying to be funny not rude. I suppose I should have put a ;) in there, but I figured you would have gotten the sarcasm. Heck, I think highly of you because you have been a backer of Dominick Davis in other threads!Anyway, other people may have actually been more serious (I was trying to be funny but it was after midnight and I was tired) and I understand them being so. I can see why folks who love the show (you have to love the show to post about it) would be put off by someone who says the show jumped the shark. It's just human nature to defend your position, go start a thread about Ron Dayne not being a top 20 RB and see if SSOG gets a bit riled up.
I don't know if anyone else here is regularly in the practice of searching their user name (to see if there were any big topics they missed or posts they haven't responded to)... but I have to say, this is about the last place I expected my name to turn up. :unsure:
Sorry hadn't checked this in a while. I don't remember exactly why I used you, except that you are pretty passionate about the Denver RBs so I figured people would get the reference. Wasn't trying to pull you into the thread.BTW, SSOG, SSOG, SSOG. Just so you know. ;)

Season 3 Spoilers
Interesting, but didn't like the whole "Love" thing. Maybe it will be OK, but it worries me. Also, don't like seeing "22 hours" since season 1 and 2 were both 24 hours.All in all, not much of a "spoiler" to me, a decent read, but I hope the season ends up being better than that gut feel I have after reading that.

I bought season one on DVD, because I'd heard this was a good show.

I've watched the first four episodes. It get's better, right?

- Jack = Aaron's Uncle

But, Rose IS black.

By next season, they mean the short first 8 weeks. correct?

No shizzee.

Sorry hadn't checked this in a while. I don't remember exactly why I used you, except that you are pretty passionate about the Denver RBs so I figured people would get the reference. Wasn't trying to pull you into the thread.BTW, SSOG, SSOG, SSOG. Just so you know. ;)
I am now going to post his name every chance I get. SSOG

No shizzee.

I am now going to post his name every chance I get. SSOG
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I saw that in the college thread. Since I remember you posting here, I knew exactly why you did it. Mine was unintentional, I just used the analogy since I had seen Levin in the real football discussions before.

SSOG

By next season, they mean the short first 8 weeks. correct?
I think they mean the whole season, but I think the first 6 weeks will be Jack, Sawyer and Kate with the Others and then they escape somehow in week 6 and week 7-22 are the Us vs. Them after Jack, Kate and Sawyer get back to the other survivors.I have a feeling that the escape from the Others will be with Danielle's help and she will get Alex back at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread