What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (7 Viewers)

Did they mention if robin was back in studio. I was assuming she was waiting for new year to come back

Was only able to catch about 20 minutes of the Natalie Maines interview this morning which I thought was great. Had to leave just after she was talking about Gary and Lisa G. Wanted to hear the Mother cover with Fred. How did that come off?

Was only able to catch about 20 minutes of the Natalie Maines interview this morning which I thought was great. Had to leave just after she was talking about Gary and Lisa G. Wanted to hear the Mother cover with Fred. How did that come off?
I'm just starting the show....Gary and jon hein in studio, i can't believe how excited i am for this

It was OK. She said afterward that Fred played it too fast - she said "double speed", although it wasn't anywhere close to actually being DOUBLE speed. She sings well, but I guess I'm used to hearing a male baritone voice on that song, I thought Pearl Jam's version was vastly superior.

It was OK. She said afterward that Fred played it too fast - she said "double speed", although it wasn't anywhere close to actually being DOUBLE speed. She sings well, but I guess I'm used to hearing a male baritone voice on that song, I thought Pearl Jam's version was vastly superior.
Her cracking on Lisa G. was awesome.Maines says she's really a "rock" girl but everything sure sounds like country coming out of her mouth.

Howard spoke in a lot of detail about the lawsuit stuff. Sounds to me like he's in the wrong.

He got $$ from the merger that wasn't in the spirit of the agreement, but he also wants his subscriber bonus. He should have received 1 or the other, or some kind of adjusted bonus for both. To get both in full seems unreasonable.

'17seconds said:
Howard spoke in a lot of detail about the lawsuit stuff. Sounds to me like he's in the wrong.He got $$ from the merger that wasn't in the spirit of the agreement, but he also wants his subscriber bonus. He should have received 1 or the other, or some kind of adjusted bonus for both. To get both in full seems unreasonable.
His contention is that the merger bonus was added to protect him from XM buying Sirius. In that scenario he is only eligible for the one merger bonus. If Sirius bought out XM, i.e. winning, then Howard is eligible for both bonuses.Granted I only hear Howard's side of the argument, but I do think he played a significant role in Sirius winning the battle with XM. Howard did help them acquire XMs' subscribers. I don't think you pay someone 100mill/year if they don't have significant influence.

Also, I know we've touched on it before, but the incessant CLAPPING in the studio after EVERY comment is annoying beyond belief. It's mind-boggling that Howard ever thought that was a good idea. It's awful, terrible, stupid, horrific radio.
I can't handle it. Must have been a Jackie thing? Jackie really sucks in every possible way. His joke show is unbearable. Surprised he doesn't honk a bicycle horn every time he gives a punchline.
fwiw, the clapping was the result of some early nbc exec telling them the show needed to be more "exciting" and "zany" like the other shows of the time. In fact, the clapping existed on a number of the other popular radio shows around then. So, jackie et al just took it and went overboard. from then on for a # of years, it stuck.

'17seconds said:
Howard spoke in a lot of detail about the lawsuit stuff. Sounds to me like he's in the wrong.He got $$ from the merger that wasn't in the spirit of the agreement, but he also wants his subscriber bonus. He should have received 1 or the other, or some kind of adjusted bonus for both. To get both in full seems unreasonable.
His contention is that the merger bonus was added to protect him from XM buying Sirius. In that scenario he is only eligible for the one merger bonus. If Sirius bought out XM, i.e. winning, then Howard is eligible for both bonuses.Granted I only hear Howard's side of the argument, but I do think he played a significant role in Sirius winning the battle with XM. Howard did help them acquire XMs' subscribers. I don't think you pay someone 100mill/year if they don't have significant influence.
If the contract was written such that Sirius buying out XM gets him a bonus, then there would be no issue. But that's apparently not how it is written and wasn't the intention of the bonus, even according to Howard.Howard's entire argument about the sacrifices and risk he took going to Sirius mean nothing as far as the lawsuit goes.

Also, I know we've touched on it before, but the incessant CLAPPING in the studio after EVERY comment is annoying beyond belief. It's mind-boggling that Howard ever thought that was a good idea. It's awful, terrible, stupid, horrific radio.
I can't handle it. Must have been a Jackie thing? Jackie really sucks in every possible way. His joke show is unbearable. Surprised he doesn't honk a bicycle horn every time he gives a punchline.
fwiw, the clapping was the result of some early nbc exec telling them the show needed to be more "exciting" and "zany" like the other shows of the time. In fact, the clapping existed on a number of the other popular radio shows around then. So, jackie et al just took it and went overboard. from then on for a # of years, it stuck.
Interesting. Makes sense. Still shouldn't subject your audience to that for so long though.

'17seconds said:
If the contract was written such that Sirius buying out XM gets him a bonus, then there would be no issue. But that's apparently not how it is written and wasn't the intention of the bonus, even according to Howard.Howard's entire argument about the sacrifices and risk he took going to Sirius mean nothing as far as the lawsuit goes.
a billion $ company and a guy worth 9 figures arguing over millions. count me out. i just want him to do a few more years of decent shows and then offer something via his own personal archive after that

Interesting. Makes sense. Still shouldn't subject your audience to that for so long though.
agreed, it can get really annoying if it hits you the wrong way. like if someone has a voice that just grates on you. no matter what you do, you cant get out of earshot from the person

'17seconds said:
Howard spoke in a lot of detail about the lawsuit stuff. Sounds to me like he's in the wrong.

He got $$ from the merger that wasn't in the spirit of the agreement, but he also wants his subscriber bonus. He should have received 1 or the other, or some kind of adjusted bonus for both. To get both in full seems unreasonable.
a billion $ company and a guy worth 9 figures arguing over millions. count me out. i just want him to do a few more years of decent shows and then offer something via his own personal archive after that
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: I had to turn off the show today.

It's not tiresome AT ALL listening to Howard cry about not getting a bonus on top of his $500M contract.

Is this guy for real?

How does someone not pull him aside to explain that most of his listeners are doing jobs they hate for shit pay?

'17seconds said:

It's not tiresome AT ALL listening to Howard cry about not getting a bonus on top of his $500M contract.

Is this guy for real?

How does someone not pull him aside to explain that most of his listeners are doing jobs they hate for shit pay?
If we just saw news stories every six months about this lawsuit fans would be begging him to talk about it. Nothing worse then when someone says I can't talk about that because it's in litigation.

'17seconds said:

Is this guy for real?

If we just saw news stories every six months about this lawsuit fans would be begging him to talk about it. Nothing worse then when someone says I can't talk about that because it's in litigation.
But there is a happy medium between never bringing it up and whining about it constantly.

I'm surprised Howard gave Ronnie so much grief for washing his starfish with soap and water after taking a dump. Howard says "nobody else does that"... :rolleyes:

I have been doing it for years. I don't actually climb up ONTO the sink like an orangutan as Ronnie does. All you gotta do is put one leg up on the side of the sink and use a washcloth. You'll feel much better and having a nice clean anus also helps to prevent hemorrhoids.

I'm with Scores Man on this one. :thumbup:

I'm surprised Howard gave Ronnie so much grief for washing his starfish with soap and water after taking a dump. Howard says "nobody else does that"... :rolleyes:

I have been doing it for years. I don't actually climb up ONTO the sink like an orangutan as Ronnie does. All you gotta do is put one leg up on the side of the sink and use a washcloth. You'll feel much better and having a nice clean anus also helps to prevent hemorrhoids.

Dropping "remnants" into the bathroom sink and being left with a ####-stained washcloth seems like a bad tradeoff as oppossed to just jumping in the shower again. I can't imagine you are saving much time if any.

Dropping "remnants" into the bathroom sink and being left with a ####-stained washcloth seems like a bad tradeoff as oppossed to just jumping in the shower again. I can't imagine you are saving much time if any.
LOL.There are no "remnants"... no "####-stained washcloths"...

Try it before you knock it. People thought Christopher Columbus was nuts, too!

Wiping well before you get off the throne is the key, as Ronnie said. And I only do it at home.

Wiping well before you get off the throne is the key, as Ronnie said. And I only do it at home.
If you go that route still got to think baby wipes are the better way to go. Plus no soiled washcloth to deal with.

I don't understand how this is that much better than using wipes, and at least you're not getting your azzjuices all over the sink.

I go with regular paper to get the dirty work done, then one wipe to get any residual, then a second wipe to finish up which is always clear and clean of any poo. I don't know what handwashing in a sink does more than that?

I don't understand how this is that much better than using wipes
Fair question: personal preference.For me, soap and hot water is 100x more soothing on that most delicate area.
Not for nothing, but people come after you and brush their teeth and wash their face. I'm just sayin.
They do?
Surprise!
Crazy! I thought I lived alone.

I don't understand how this is that much better than using wipes
Fair question: personal preference.For me, soap and hot water is 100x more soothing on that most delicate area.
Not for nothing, but people come after you and brush their teeth and wash their face. I'm just sayin.
I don't get this argument. Do you dip your toothbrush in the sink?
I just imagine some fat dude splashing ###-water all over the faucet. Then it's dripping everywhere and intermingling with the water when I turn the faucet on. Not cool. :brush:

Is this guy for real?

The amount of money doesn't irk me. He deserves to make an obscene amount of money. Just think Howard is way too wrapped up in his contributions to radio and the risk he took going to satellite. He thinks the world owes him everything.

Users who are viewing this thread