What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

Howard Stern actually said today that he invented the Fox game show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" He wants a producer credit and feels he deserves money from the creators for stealing his idea. Wow. Just....wow!

He also said XM is in trouble because they wasted $55M on Oprah. He's rolling Sirius for nearly $1 BILLION (salary, bonuses, and stock), takes off 1/4 of the year, doesn't work Fridays, and gives his audience crappy secondary programming (Bubba and Scott Ferrall) because he can't get other talent to do a show!!! Yeah, he brought people over to Sirius, but not all 6 million to 7 million as he claims!

How can anybody say he isn't delusional at this point? He really does think he invented everything!!! Do his hardcore fans really sit back and think "you're so right, Howard. I remember when you came up with the idea for the telephone. That Graham Bell guy was such a ripoff artist!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard Stern actually said today that he invented the Fox game show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" He wants a producer credit and feels he deserves money from the creators for stealing his idea. Wow. Just....wow!He also said XM is in trouble because they wasted $55M on Oprah. He's rolling Sirius for nearly $1 BILLION (salary, bonuses, and stock), takes off 1/4 of the year, doesn't work Fridays, and gives his audience crappy secondary programming (Bubba and Scott Ferrall) because he can't get other talent to do a show!!! Yeah, he brought people over to Sirius, but not all 6 million to 7 million as he claims!How can anybody say he isn't delusional at this point? He really does think he invented everything!!! Do his hardcore fans really sit back and think "you're so right, Howard. I remember when you came up with the idea for the telephone. That Graham Bell guy was such a ripoff artist!"
You are really tuned in to all things Howard, for somebody who seems to hate him.

Who heard Bubba say he would have to beat opie and anthonys ### if he has to deal with them down the road? Funny

Howard Stern actually said today that he invented the Fox game show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" He wants a producer credit and feels he deserves money from the creators for stealing his idea. Wow. Just....wow!He also said XM is in trouble because they wasted $55M on Oprah. He's rolling Sirius for nearly $1 BILLION (salary, bonuses, and stock), takes off 1/4 of the year, doesn't work Fridays, and gives his audience crappy secondary programming (Bubba and Scott Ferrall) because he can't get other talent to do a show!!! Yeah, he brought people over to Sirius, but not all 6 million to 7 million as he claims!How can anybody say he isn't delusional at this point? He really does think he invented everything!!! Do his hardcore fans really sit back and think "you're so right, Howard. I remember when you came up with the idea for the telephone. That Graham Bell guy was such a ripoff artist!"
You are really tuned in to all things Howard, for somebody who seems to hate him.
:lmao: BTW, Stern did play that game a loooong time ago..

Who heard Bubba say he would have to beat opie and anthonys ### if he has to deal with them down the road? Funny
And you actually believe him? He tried this schtick once before.Bubba: You name the time and the place. I'll fight you anywhere you want.

Opie: Fine. This Friday, Hard Rock Cafe. We're doing the show live from there.

Bubba: Oh, that day doesn't work for me. I can't find anyone to watch my kid.

:rolleyes:

Defend Howie all you want. But Bubba is the biggest joke this side of Greaseman. You do know that just two years ago Howard said "I don't want to work with or be associated with anyone named 'Bubba the Love Sponge?' Amazing what a brown nosing session will do for ya!

:rolleyes: BTW, Stern did play that game a loooong time ago..
Right. Just like every other morning show throughout the 80s that played the "can you beat the grade schooler/homeless guy/stripper/foreigner". Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :lmao:

Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :rolleyes:
Of coarse you are. Because you're more obsessed with him than any one of his fans.

Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :rolleyes:
Of coarse you are. Because you're more obsessed with him than any one of his fans.
Just giving another example of his rampant lies and paranoia that someone will steal his spot. And amazing: Didn't mention Opie & Anthony. Just talked about Stern being absolutely insane and believing every day he invented another idea that takes off. Yet, nobody addresses it. There's a reason the term "Stern Zombies" exist.

Just giving another example of his rampant lies and paranoia that someone will steal his spot. And amazing: Didn't mention Opie & Anthony. Just talked about Stern being absolutely insane and believing every day he invented another idea that takes off. Yet, nobody addresses it. There's a reason the term "Stern Zombies" exist.
Because, we don't hang on his every word like you do. Keep obsessing over it, it's good for you.

Because, we don't hang on his every word like you do. Keep obsessing over it, it's good for you.
Good defense mechanism. I'm sure it works wonders at the playground.

What am I defending? You focus more on what he says than his regular fans do. It's creepy.

Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :lmao:
What am I defending? You focus more on what he says than his regular fans do. It's creepy.
You don't focus on it because you apparently believe it!I heard the clip on another radio show today. Originally, I thought the hosts were just going to exaggerate but then they played the audio. I couldn't believe he wanted credit for yet another idea. I wanted to see if other Stern fans (in this thread) would at least chime in and say "yeah man, he's lost it" but apparently he gets a pass.

You don't focus on it because you apparently believe it!
No.
I heard the clip on another radio show today. Originally, I thought the hosts were just going to exaggerate but then they played the audio. I couldn't believe he wanted credit for yet another idea. I wanted to see if other Stern fans (in this thread) would at least chime in and say "yeah man, he's lost it" but apparently he gets a pass.
Again, you care more about it than us.

So the fact that years ago on his radio show and on his Channel 9 TV show, Howard would pit people against young kids to see who was smarter in no way could possibly have led to this new TV show?

You're saying it's impossible that someone got the idea from Howard?

Most of the times Howard claims credit just for the joke of it, but to also get it out there on the record. He doesn't persue it, it's just part of the show and it's funny. But of course most of the O&A fans don't get the joke because they are so obsessed with bashing.

So the fact that years ago on his radio show and on his Channel 9 TV show, Howard would pit people against young kids to see who was smarter in no way could possibly have led to this new TV show?

Most of the times Howard claims credit just for the joke of it, but to also get it out there on the record. He doesn't persue it, it's just part of the show and it's funny. But of course most of the O&A fans don't get the joke because they are so obsessed with bashing.
I agree and if he did it back in the late 80s and early 90's I am sure he was right around the first to do it. As far as O&A go, did howard comment, the past couple days, what would happen if they do merge and O&A come over? Would he let it? Obviously Bubba and Ferrall do not like them, and Howard does not either. I find it funny that he hardly talks about them anymore and that seems to be one of their only topics of conversation.

I listened to a whole week of O&A and a whole week of Howard, and they were like night and day. He hardly mentions those two, which I like. I would still have a hard time believing that if they do merge, he would want them in the company. How much of a slap in the face would it be to have the only satellite company send O&A back to the censored terrestrial radio. You would think Howard would feel pretty good about his crew being the only crew with no restrictions as to what they say.

Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :lmao:
You don't focus on it because you apparently believe it!I heard the clip on another radio show today. Originally, I thought the hosts were just going to exaggerate but then they played the audio. I couldn't believe he wanted credit for yet another idea. I wanted to see if other Stern fans (in this thread) would at least chime in and say "yeah man, he's lost it" but apparently he gets a pass.
No I don't forus on it because I just listen to the show for entertainment on the way to work. I don't care enough to remember what he said 'X' years/months/days ago. It just isn't that important to me.

The Gilbert Goddfried call to the guy yesterday was priceless. Is there aqny audio of that? Those series of laughs and other stuff of Gilbert is the funniest clip in a while!!!

A few more prank calls from the show

I love the one where Richard speeds up his voice.
thanks for the link.I almost had to pull over the first time I heard the speeded up one I was laughing so hard.
Heard that on the show a couple of weeks ago, good stuff. Couldn't find it in any of the links, but the one they call "Chinese Confusion" is great as well -- they call one Chinese restaurant with a carry out order, and at the same time call a second Chinese place, and put them both onto the same line to confirm the order. Freakin' hilarious.

Sidewinder said:
jamny said:
dtour77 said:
A few more prank calls from the show

I love the one where Richard speeds up his voice.
thanks for the link.I almost had to pull over the first time I heard the speeded up one I was laughing so hard.
Heard that on the show a couple of weeks ago, good stuff. Couldn't find it in any of the links, but the one they call "Chinese Confusion" is great as well -- they call one Chinese restaurant with a carry out order, and at the same time call a second Chinese place, and put them both onto the same line to confirm the order. Freakin' hilarious.
Chinese "clock" repair shot is great too.

Just curious -- is anyone else bored to tears when the topic turns to Beth?

"So Beth and I are having dinner at Nobu the other night......"

:confused:

Just curious -- is anyone else bored to tears when the topic turns to Beth?

"So Beth and I are having dinner at Nobu the other night......"

:shrug:
:boxing: The other day when she called in about The L word I got caught up on some tunes.

GB the ch. 9 show :D
They need to release that show on dvd, uncensored and with outtakes. That would be incredible, but Howard hasn't released anything in such a long time that I doubt they would ever do it.

:goodposting: BTW, Stern did play that game a loooong time ago..
Right. Just like every other morning show throughout the 80s that played the "can you beat the grade schooler/homeless guy/stripper/foreigner". Still waiting for the proof that Howard invented WOW by telling his fans in Washington to tie bandanas to their car antennaes so girls will flash! :lmao:
so you're one of those dudes who hangs on the words of an entertainer :loco:

steve langford and lisa g all at one point had 'real' news jobs before, no?

how stupid do they have to feel reporting about internet message board fights and crap like that? i'm embarrassed to hear it, much less report it.

steve langford and lisa g all at one point had 'real' news jobs before, no?how stupid do they have to feel reporting about internet message board fights and crap like that? i'm embarrassed to hear it, much less report it.
If they made what we consider is a downward move, you can probably figure out the reason.That's mainly why George Flowers doesn't have a presence anymore. Baba Booey explained that he is a "real news man" from way back, and he felt that he was too classy (paraphrasing) to report on that crap every day.I believe Lisa G. used to work interviewing rappers and the like for MTV.

Users who are viewing this thread