What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (5 Viewers)

I didn't want to let this thread get pruned since I have a family trip coming up May 3-10.

MIL is footing the bill for 3 days at the Polynesian with parkhopper + 4 day Disney Cruise. My family of four (4 & 7 yr old girls) and my SIL with her two boys (9 & 7).

Lots of good advice here on attractions, fastpass, other sites to use for info, etc.

Anyone have anything new to add from a recent trip?

How about comments/advice on a Disney cruise?

Yeah I agree on Pirates and Haunted Mansion... they are classics, I will not leave a trip to Disney World without riding those.
If you go this summer, you will have to. The Haunted Mansion will be closed from June to August.And yes, I'm going end of June-beginning of July, so I'm pissed.

I didn't want to let this thread get pruned since I have a family trip coming up May 3-10.

MIL is footing the bill for 3 days at the Polynesian with parkhopper + 4 day Disney Cruise. My family of four (4 & 7 yr old girls) and my SIL with her two boys (9 & 7).

Lots of good advice here on attractions, fastpass, other sites to use for info, etc.

CruiseCritic will have everything you need to know on their message boards about Disney cruises.

CruiseCritic will have everything you need to know on their message boards about Disney cruises.
thanks

Going in October for a week. Mouse savers quoted us about $3000 for airfare, pop century, park hopper and meal plans. Are there other places to check that will be competitive or even cheaper?

Yeah I agree on Pirates and Haunted Mansion... they are classics, I will not leave a trip to Disney World without riding those.
Maybe my expectations were to high but I just thought there could have been more. With what they did with Stich and Buzz where you were part of the "ride" I thought they could have more interaction with those two. In Haunted I kept waiting for the Big moment and the only thing that I found semi-cool was the ghost mirror where it looked like a ghost was in the ride with you. Same with Pirates.. I kept waiting for that one WOW moment and it just never hit us.. Like I said, expectations may have been to high for these two after Stich, Buzz and some other rides.
It is the attention to detail that makes Pirates and the Haunted Mansion so great. These attractions actually get better the more you experience them.
I can see that.. guess I was viewing them more through the eyes my daughter and she wasn't impressed at all. Kept looking at me asking "Is that it?" :confused:
I realize I'm replying to a post from Dec, but oh well...You also have to keep in mind that the rides you weren't impressed by have been there forever, so they might not have the bells and whistles you enjoy on the rides using the latest technology. These attractions are classics, which is a big part of the appeal. It's easy to have a warm place in your heart for something you rode as a kid that you're now experiencing with your own kid. :pirate:

Going in October for a week. Mouse savers quoted us about $3000 for airfare, pop century, park hopper and meal plans. Are there other places to check that will be competitive or even cheaper?
that is not a bad deal at all.We screwed up last time we went and should have got the 10 day park hoppers with no expirataions. Big cost now to save a ton later.We didnt know we were likely going to make it a yearly thing.Second weekend in september is the best time to go. The park is dead. We went on Pirates back to back without waiting in line at all. Just stayed on some of the other rides and went again.Most people dont like to take their kids out of school right away.

Check AAA. Even if it's just competetive(And that sounds a little excessive), they have some AAA only discounts for some tours at DW than can help as well.No airfare, but for 10 days (at All-star with PH and the meal plan) it was 1600 for just me. My brother's foursome (Wife, 5/2 year old) was right in that range as well.

We went last September with our 2 year old and are heading back again in June with my wife's sister's family.

Not looking forward to the crowds in June.

We went last year over the labor day week...and the place was not crowded at all. got on most rides with little to no wait most of the week. Talking to the people that work there...they said it was a good time after the Summer and before the Halloween stuff started up.

One thing I would highly advise anyone - find out when Gay Day is, and avoid that.

it is May 30-June 4th this year -

http://www.gaydays.com/

Some people come to Orlando during Gay Days just to enjoy the company of 135,000+ other gays and lesbians, but most are looking to fill their itineraries with fun, fun, fun.
My wife made the mistake of booking a weekend @ Disney during gay day. One of her gay friends found about it, and told her about it before we left. I dug around to see if it was really that big of a deal, and it is. I canceled at the last minute - she is still angry with me for that, but there is no way I was going.In the end, it's not a homophobe thing - the main issue is that the parks will be absolutely packed that weekend - I read that they shut down the parks and stopped letting people in before noon because it was too crowded. If you are even slightly uncomfortable around gays or having your children around openly gay couples, you will not have a good time.
bump for those planning a June vacation.

A special "free dining" vacation package at Walt Disney World for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07 is now available for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders. The same package is expected to become available to the general public on Thursday, April 12.

One thing I would highly advise anyone - find out when Gay Day is, and avoid that.

Some people come to Orlando during Gay Days just to enjoy the company of 135,000+ other gays and lesbians, but most are looking to fill their itineraries with fun, fun, fun.
My wife made the mistake of booking a weekend @ Disney during gay day. One of her gay friends found about it, and told her about it before we left. I dug around to see if it was really that big of a deal, and it is. I canceled at the last minute - she is still angry with me for that, but there is no way I was going.In the end, it's not a homophobe thing - the main issue is that the parks will be absolutely packed that weekend - I read that they shut down the parks and stopped letting people in before noon because it was too crowded. If you are even slightly uncomfortable around gays or having your children around openly gay couples, you will not have a good time.
I've been there during gay days twice in the last 4 years and this is not correct at all. I see more gays walking through the mall than I saw at WDW during Gay Days. Most of their functions are offsite. Their is one day where they meet at Magic Kingdom, but they post the schedule on the site you linked... just go to a different park that day.Late May-first week of June is actually a good time to go, not yet unbearable hot or crowded.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been there during gay days twice in the last 4 years and this is not correct at all. I see more gays walking through the mall than I saw at WDW during Gay Days. Most of their functions are offsite. Their is one day where they meet at Magic Kingdom, but they post the schedule on the site you linked... just go to a different park that day.Late May-first week of June is actually a good time to go, not yet unbearable hot or crowded.
ok. I've heard different, but never seen in person. I'll differ to your first hand expertise.

Parc Corniche6 mi from Disney and 16 from airport, this property suited the wife, 2 kids and I just fine--they offer 1bdrm and 2 bdrm suites

...and for like $125/night for the 2 bdrm, which was great for us and beat the hell out of a hotel room for a week!

golf on site for those that play, plus complimentary continental breakfast and shuttle to the parks, if you don't rent a car

I like the car rental thing and love to explore the area we're staying at, so this place worked out fine for us

also stayed there 2 yrs ago when a family member got married in Daytona---took a week off and spent 3 days in Daytona for the wedding business and then 4 days @the Parc in Orlando, playing golf, hitting the parks and smaller venues

while staying on Disney site is much preferred, this is a great way to stay near the park at about 1/2 price

Cruise is awesome..Wife and I went about 7-8 years ago and it was a great time, stopping off at the disney private island is :confused:

The family and I just did a Disney Cruise last month. IT IS CRAZY EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I won a nice chunk of change last FF season and that is the only reason we were able to go.

The wife and I with 4 kids for a 4 night cruise was.......................................................................

Over $7k (that's everything, flight, hotels before and after, excursions, gifts, etc...) I'm sure it could be done cheaper, I just don't know how much cheaper. The Cruise and Flights were $5k alone.

I would, however, recommend it if you can afford to go. Obviously, Disney is top of the line, and the ship was unbelievable.

Here's a link to everything you need to know about Disney Cruises (and stuff you don't)

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?...main-discussion

Thoughts on the 2008 version of the Dining Plan?

Plan no longer includes tip or appetizer. Price only dropped $1 per day.

Obviously not as good of a deal as it was, but I'm thinking it's still worth getting.

Edit because I typed dessert instead of appetizer. Also link.

Obviously not as good of a deal as it was, but I'm thinking it's still worth getting.

Wow... didn't know this. That kind of sucks.

definately not as good of a deal, but still probably a deal if you went all out when you had any table service meals in the park, and assuming you did this once or more a day. its no longer a no-brainer to get it... you may want to figure prices with/without based on your eating habits in the park. going in november on the old/current dining plan. 5d5n at ASMusic with a group of 12. already have ADR's at le tres chef (ec-france), lecelliers (ec-canada), king stephons banquet table (mk), and the 50's diner (mgm). gonna be great.

anborn said:

definately not as good of a deal, but still probably a deal if you went all out when you had any table service meals in the park, and assuming you did this once or more a day. its no longer a no-brainer to get it... you may want to figure prices with/without based on your eating habits in the park. going in november on the old/current dining plan. 5d5n at ASMusic with a group of 12. already have ADR's at le tres chef (ec-france), lecelliers (ec-canada), king stephons banquet table (mk), and the 50's diner (mgm). gonna be great.
Do you mean the Sci-Fi Diner? If you do, then big :crazy: It was very cool.As for the Dining plan, not quite as big a savings, and it requires a bit more effort to make it worth it, but I still like it. Mainly because it gives you a reason to try the table service restaurants. One really big recommendation is Jiko, at the Animal Lodge. It was definitely best we tried this summer.

anborn said:

Do you mean the Sci-Fi Diner? If you do, then big :crazy: It was very cool.As for the Dining plan, not quite as big a savings, and it requires a bit more effort to make it worth it, but I still like it. Mainly because it gives you a reason to try the table service restaurants. One really big recommendation is Jiko, at the Animal Lodge. It was definitely best we tried this summer.
i just got back tuesday and I loved the dining plan. I am skewed because we got it free, but it was pretty sweet eating at places I wouldnt have tried previously.

I'm going in early October. Any advice on what to carry with me? My wife wants to get those water bottles that spray water through a fan. Maybe a backpack to carry our junk?

I'm going in early October. Any advice on what to carry with me? My wife wants to get those water bottles that spray water through a fan. Maybe a backpack to carry our junk?
Is she a polar bear? It shouldn't be that hot in October. Mid-80s for a high, mid-60s for a low? Pretty comfortable IMO.I wouldn't want to carry that around for the couple of hours a day you might want it. You'll be in and out of AC all day, so it's not like you're constantly out in the heat and sun.Still a backpack isn't a bad idea if you want to carry a few snacks, sunscreen, and some water.

Just got back. Good times. It was either 95 degrees with 99% humidity and no rain, or 93 degrees with a ton of rain. Luckily most of the rain happened early morning or late night. Only 2 incidents in the middle of the day that slowed things up.

A week is not enough time.

Is she a polar bear? It shouldn't be that hot in October. Mid-80s for a high, mid-60s for a low? Pretty comfortable IMO.I wouldn't want to carry that around for the couple of hours a day you might want it. You'll be in and out of AC all day, so it's not like you're constantly out in the heat and sun.Still a backpack isn't a bad idea if you want to carry a few snacks, sunscreen, and some water.
Going next week. Any other suggestions on the overall experience?

I go twice a year; what's your question?

I don't know where to start. I'm afraid I haven't put the effort into planning that I should have so. The only plan we have so far is to go to Animal Kingdom on Monday because you can get in early and hopefully see some animals while they are still active. Oh, and I plan on using the fast pass. Any time saving tips or secrets you can pass along would be much appreciated.

My wife and I went to Disneyworld in September, and let me warn you that it's still hot/humid at that time. October sounds ideal.

It's been said in this thread already, but I will second that you should get the meal plan and line up your reservations as early as possible. If you were going in April, I'd say make your reservations for dinner now.

I would also avoid a ride, I think it's called Mission:Space? It's the one that's introduced by Gary Sinese. Felt like I was on a bad tequila hangover for about 4 hours after that thing.

I don't know where to start. I'm afraid I haven't put the effort into planning that I should have so. The only plan we have so far is to go to Animal Kingdom on Monday because you can get in early and hopefully see some animals while they are still active. Oh, and I plan on using the fast pass. Any time saving tips or secrets you can pass along would be much appreciated.
I saw a lot of women that rode the water rides forget that they were wearing white that day.

If you want meal reservations you really need to do them weeks, even months in advance. Having said that, if you are willing to eat a little off peak time, you can usually get a table in just about any place there in less then an hour. We walked into the new place in the Italy pavilion without a reservation around 4:45 and sat down in 5 minutes. We also walked into The Garden Grill in The Land at Epcot around 4:45ish and sat within a few minutes. We did both of these after calling the central reservation number to make a reservation and being told that nothing was available. Truth be told, they leave space in just about every place for walk ins.If your questions are more along the lines of, what days are better for what parks, I can't help you there. We go so much that we know we are going back, so we never really rush around anywhere. The Food and Wine Festival started in Epcot over the weekend and that made the World Pavilion and little crazy, but overall, the parks weren't that crowded. Don't know what next week will bring. We didn't wait more then 20 minutes for any ride or show the entire week.Don't know your family makeup, but use and abuse the extra magic hours if you are staying on site. They are great for hitting the big time attractions with little wait. A good tip for those is not to start going to the rides immediately after they close the park to everyone else - because everyone does that. Sit back and get a snack, then make your way to big stuff. The lines will be gone and you can walk on to everything.Fast pass is a great tool, but understand that you are planning an hour or so ahead of yourself, and you can only do one ride at a time with it. Frankly, we don't use them due to the fact that we go alot. And they aren't always necessary. A good rule of thumb on most rides is if the wait time is 20 minutes or less, you are only talking about standing in line for no more then 5 minutes. Anything 30 minutes or over and you will likely stand there for a good 20. If there is a line at 40 or over, that's a fast pass or wait until later ride. Even the best rides there aren't worth standing in those lines.If it's hot the rides and spots where there is water will be packed. If you can stand the heat, go to the other stuff. If it rains, and if you can stand getting wet, keep playing. Most people run for cover leaving a lot of stuff open to do.Doing Animal Kingdom in the morning is ok. If you want to do the jungle cruise, go to that first because it's packed all day. If it's the first thing you do, go to the spot where they start the line and wait for it, go there first and do it then. If it doesn't get too crowded, you can hit Kali River Rapids before it gets too bad. Everest is going to be packed regardless, so if you want to do it expect a line.Epcot, like I said, is in the middle of the Food and Wine Festival. No time saving tips except enjoy it. You can't beat it. If you want to see Illuminations from a good spot, find that spot a good hour before the show. Spaceship Earth was closed because the main sponsor changed and they are reprinting and painting everything in it. Don't know when it will be open. And they finally got rid of that stupid magic Mickey hand on Spaceship Earth.Magic Kingdom is always hit a miss. It's usually the first park people go to when they get there, so expect Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be the busiest by default. It's decorated for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which looks fun if you are into that. They close the park for only those people that buy the pass for the party and you dress up and the kids get to Trick or Treat in the stores and some rides are open. It looked fun but we didn't do it. Again, if hot, expect Splash Mountain to be packed.MGM and Downtown Disney are a lot of fun for targeted audiences. They are always relatively busy. It seems to me that the lines in MGM are always longer because the actual physical size of the buildings and rope mazes are just smaller, but it might just be me.If you want good food tips, my favorite place by far is Ohana in the Polynesian Resort. Best food in the place. Honey corriander wings are money - I must have eaten several dozen by myself. They bring around skewers full of steak, pork, chicken and sausage and just load your plate up. It's all you can eat family style so one price for each. The dessert is a bread pudding covered with vanilla ice cream and a Banana's Foster Carmel glaze. Save room for it if you can. This place is always packed.The Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom is another favorite of mine. Simple good American food - family style buffet. Turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and stuffing with an awesome sweet butter on homemade bread. IT's also a character place, so Minny, Mickey, Goofy and Chip and Dale walk around and take pictures and play with the kids.If you do a date night with the Mrs., Downtown Disney has a lot of good places. We are partial to the House of Blues - but there are many other places. Disney Quest - the interactive building with all the video games and make your own digital games - is a separate price, but if you are into that stuff it is worth it.Overall, my best advice is this - if you are planning on going again, don't kill yourself to do "everything." You won't be able to anyway, and you will stress yourself out instead of enjoying the place. If this is a one time hit - know what you like. The main rides and attractions might not be what you are into. If you don't like Roller Coasters, but love stage shows (for example) don't kill yourself to get on the Rockin' Rollercoaster when you get hit the Lights Camera Action Show. If you are into the World Showcase and want to do a day at the Food and Wine Festival, do it, and don't worry about Soarin and Test Track. ( Soarin will always be packed - so if it's a must do for you, and you see a line 30 minutes or under, do it).I guess that's my general overview. Are you looking at anything specific?

My wife and I went to Disneyworld in September, and let me warn you that it's still hot/humid at that time. October sounds ideal.It's been said in this thread already, but I will second that you should get the meal plan and line up your reservations as early as possible. If you were going in April, I'd say make your reservations for dinner now.I would also avoid a ride, I think it's called Mission:Space? It's the one that's introduced by Gary Sinese. Felt like I was on a bad tequila hangover for about 4 hours after that thing.
Mission Space now has a g-force and non g-force version due to injuries and sickness, as well as the death of a young child. The g-force version is a little tough on your body and if you aren't into it, it does take a lot out of you. I'm guessing the non g-force one is more a show then anything else.The meal plan is hit or miss to me. Between my wife and son, the three of use don't spend as much on food in a day as we would by buying the meal plan. And on top of that, I've seen so many people waste time in lunch places trying to figure out what they get or don't get in the plan that the shear annoyance of it is something we don't go for. Having said that, if you have more then one kid, or your kids are older and eat you out of house and home and you are doing a lot of character meals, it might make economic sense.A good rule of thumb with that thing though - the wait staff is getting abused by it because people that use it aren't looking to see what their meals cost, and as a result aren't leaving tips remotely close to what they should be. It's a pet peave of mine, but make sure you leave the right tip for them. Caveat - some of the eateries there are changing their structure because of this and have made their meals worth 2 meals on the meal plan, meaning that if you go to those places and use the plan it will break down differently. Don't know what places are doing this, so check first.

This has been mentioned within this thread on other pages, but do yourself a very large favor and purchase the info provided by TourGuideMike (http://www.tourguidemike.com). In addition to helping you decide "which parks on which days", he's got all kinds of info re: how to best use the fastpass, park itineraries, etc. I'm using it right now to plan for my November trip and feel very good about what I've learned on that site. Others have also said it's the smartest pre-trip purchase they made.

Good luck!

My wife and I went to Disneyworld in September, and let me warn you that it's still hot/humid at that time. October sounds ideal.It's been said in this thread already, but I will second that you should get the meal plan and line up your reservations as early as possible. If you were going in April, I'd say make your reservations for dinner now.I would also avoid a ride, I think it's called Mission:Space? It's the one that's introduced by Gary Sinese. Felt like I was on a bad tequila hangover for about 4 hours after that thing.
Mission Space now has a g-force and non g-force version due to injuries and sickness, as well as the death of a young child. The g-force version is a little tough on your body and if you aren't into it, it does take a lot out of you. I'm guessing the non g-force one is more a show then anything else.The meal plan is hit or miss to me. Between my wife and son, the three of use don't spend as much on food in a day as we would by buying the meal plan. And on top of that, I've seen so many people waste time in lunch places trying to figure out what they get or don't get in the plan that the shear annoyance of it is something we don't go for. Having said that, if you have more then one kid, or your kids are older and eat you out of house and home and you are doing a lot of character meals, it might make economic sense.A good rule of thumb with that thing though - the wait staff is getting abused by it because people that use it aren't looking to see what their meals cost, and as a result aren't leaving tips remotely close to what they should be. It's a pet peave of mine, but make sure you leave the right tip for them. Caveat - some of the eateries there are changing their structure because of this and have made their meals worth 2 meals on the meal plan, meaning that if you go to those places and use the plan it will break down differently. Don't know what places are doing this, so check first.
Good points here. On our meal plan, all of the tips were included. I made sure to ask the waitresses the first couple of days, because I like to make sure they're taken care of. From what I hear, Disney is planning on doing away with that somewhere down the line.The servers at all of the locations we went to were well versed on the dining plan, what you get and don't get. It was always one of the first things they asked me as I looked up at the counter service menu ("are you on the meal plan? -yes- Well that comes with your choice of everything on menu X and two things from menu Y as well as a beverage"). It seemed VERY rehearsed, so there were probably a lot of complaints in the past about it.They did give me two options for the Mission:Space ride, but I think the guy referred to the one side as "the kiddie side", so I had to go all Chuck Norris and go on the G-Force side. Pride cometh before the fall.

If you want good food tips, my favorite place by far is Ohana in the Polynesian Resort. Best food in the place. Honey corriander wings are money - I must have eaten several dozen by myself. They bring around skewers full of steak, pork, chicken and sausage and just load your plate up. It's all you can eat family style so one price for each. The dessert is a bread pudding covered with vanilla ice cream and a Banana's Foster Carmel glaze. Save room for it if you can. This place is always packed.The Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom is another favorite of mine. Simple good American food - family style buffet. Turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and stuffing with an awesome sweet butter on homemade bread. IT's also a character place, so Minny, Mickey, Goofy and Chip and Dale walk around and take pictures and play with the kids.
Good to hear. :rolleyes: We recently made reservations for our trip in Feb, and those are two of the seven table service meals we're doing.Complete list:LeCellier (Epcot - Canada, steak)Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge - buffet)Coral Reef (Epcot - Living Seas)Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom - American) - we're doing lunch, which isn't a character thing or a buffetChef Mickey's (Character buffet)50's Prime Time Cafe (MGM - family favorite)Ohana (Polynesian Resort - skewers of meat)Can't wait.

Complete list:LeCellier (Epcot - Canada, steak)
Very good. The dining room is set up in such a way that if you have young kids, make sure they don't jump out of their seats all the time and you should be good in that regard. Steak was very very well done. They have a very good appetizer menu if you want them, but they aren't cheap.
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge - buffet)
Never been.
Coral Reef (Epcot - Living Seas)
Get there at least 10 to 15 minutes before your reservation, check in and ask for a seat next to the tank if they have one. The closer you are to the tank in the room, the cooler the experience. The food there is outstanding. Steak is very good and the fish is of course well done also. My recommendation there is for dessert - the Bailey's Irish Cream / Bourbon Mousse. Outfrackinstanding if you like that bourbon/whiskey taste. For kids, they get a make your own sundea plate with vanilla ice cream and three little bowls of chocolate sauce, M&M's and rainbow sprinkles.
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom - American) - we're doing lunch, which isn't a character thing or a buffet
My second favorite place for dinner. Very good food.
Chef Mickey's (Character buffet)
Breakfast? It's pretty good. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the breakfast buffets. The food isn't as good as the other meals in the parks. Having said that, it's still not bad. The monorail ride in is fun. Obviously, if staying in a park, you will need to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then jump on the monorail to the Contemporary.
50's Prime Time Cafe (MGM - family favorite)
We had reservations again this time and didn't go because of child issues. Hear it's really good.
Ohana (Polynesian Resort - skewers of meat)
I told my wife to make reservations here for every night we were there. I love this place. It might be my favorite eatery of all, home and vacation.Set the stage. Get there a little early and get a drink from the waitress that walks around the waiting area. Top level alcohol all around. Enjoy and relax and you listen to the waterfall inside the resort. Get called to your table.Sit and order more drinks. The first plates that will hit the table are a salad plate, a plate of tortilla chips with 3 dipping sauces - an awesome peanut sauce, an oil based pesto/basil sauce, and a 3rd that I can't make out but it's definately got citrus and tomatoes in it. You will also get a plate of shrimp and the Honey Corriander Wings. The wings are my personal favorite. I usually ask for a second plate while the first is being set on the table.You get about 5-10 minutes of enjoying these plates before the main course comes. The potatoes covered with cheese which are ok, but are fillers designed to take away space from the wings, and then the meats. The steak is very good and tender. The chicken is very good and is awesome with the peanut sauce on it. The sausage is good, but it's not Italian sausage so it throws me. And the pork is great. I do my best to get some of the wing sauce on the pork.After that round of food another plate of wings is in order, and most likely more peanut sauce. For the finale, the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream covered with Banana's Foster Carmel sauce. After eating that the wife doesn't need to perform - I'm already fully satisfied. Just typing this is making me hot under the collar the food is so damn good.It's by far the best meal there. I need to go back. It's like my heroin. I need more.

Complete list:LeCellier (Epcot - Canada, steak)
Very good. The dining room is set up in such a way that if you have young kids, make sure they don't jump out of their seats all the time and you should be good in that regard. Steak was very very well done. They have a very good appetizer menu if you want them, but they aren't cheap.
Never been.
Get there at least 10 to 15 minutes before your reservation, check in and ask for a seat next to the tank if they have one. The closer you are to the tank in the room, the cooler the experience. The food there is outstanding. Steak is very good and the fish is of course well done also. My recommendation there is for dessert - the Bailey's Irish Cream / Bourbon Mousse. Outfrackinstanding if you like that bourbon/whiskey taste. For kids, they get a make your own sundea plate with vanilla ice cream and three little bowls of chocolate sauce, M&M's and rainbow sprinkles.
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom - American) - we're doing lunch, which isn't a character thing or a buffet
Breakfast? It's pretty good. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the breakfast buffets. The food isn't as good as the other meals in the parks. Having said that, it's still not bad. The monorail ride in is fun. Obviously, if staying in a park, you will need to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then jump on the monorail to the Contemporary.
We had reservations again this time and didn't go because of child issues. Hear it's really good.
I told my wife to make reservations here for every night we were there. I love this place. It might be my favorite eatery of all, home and vacation.Set the stage. Get there a little early and get a drink from the waitress that walks around the waiting area. Top level alcohol all around. Enjoy and relax and you listen to the waterfall inside the resort. Get called to your table.Sit and order more drinks. The first plates that will hit the table are a salad plate, a plate of tortilla chips with 3 dipping sauces - an awesome peanut sauce, an oil based pesto/basil sauce, and a 3rd that I can't make out but it's definately got citrus and tomatoes in it. You will also get a plate of shrimp and the Honey Corriander Wings. The wings are my personal favorite. I usually ask for a second plate while the first is being set on the table.You get about 5-10 minutes of enjoying these plates before the main course comes. The potatoes covered with cheese which are ok, but are fillers designed to take away space from the wings, and then the meats. The steak is very good and tender. The chicken is very good and is awesome with the peanut sauce on it. The sausage is good, but it's not Italian sausage so it throws me. And the pork is great. I do my best to get some of the wing sauce on the pork.After that round of food another plate of wings is in order, and most likely more peanut sauce. For the finale, the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream covered with Banana's Foster Carmel sauce. After eating that the wife doesn't need to perform - I'm already fully satisfied. Just typing this is making me hot under the collar the food is so damn good.It's by far the best meal there. I need to go back. It's like my heroin. I need more.
You just got 5 stars my friend. This is gold! Calling the Wife to read it now.

Yankee23Fan said:
Complete list:

LeCellier (Epcot - Canada, steak)
Never been.
I told my wife to make reservations here for every night we were there. I love this place. It might be my favorite eatery of all, home and vacation.Set the stage. Get there a little early and get a drink from the waitress that walks around the waiting area. Top level alcohol all around. Enjoy and relax and you listen to the waterfall inside the resort. Get called to your table.

Sit and order more drinks. The first plates that will hit the table are a salad plate, a plate of tortilla chips with 3 dipping sauces - an awesome peanut sauce, an oil based pesto/basil sauce, and a 3rd that I can't make out but it's definately got citrus and tomatoes in it. You will also get a plate of shrimp and the Honey Corriander Wings. The wings are my personal favorite. I usually ask for a second plate while the first is being set on the table.

You get about 5-10 minutes of enjoying these plates before the main course comes. The potatoes covered with cheese which are ok, but are fillers designed to take away space from the wings, and then the meats. The steak is very good and tender. The chicken is very good and is awesome with the peanut sauce on it. The sausage is good, but it's not Italian sausage so it throws me. And the pork is great. I do my best to get some of the wing sauce on the pork.

After that round of food another plate of wings is in order, and most likely more peanut sauce.

For the finale, the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream covered with Banana's Foster Carmel sauce. After eating that the wife doesn't need to perform - I'm already fully satisfied. Just typing this is making me hot under the collar the food is so damn good.

It's by far the best meal there. I need to go back. It's like my heroin. I need more.
Awesome. Thanks. :construction: "Very, very, well done" steak at Le Cellier? You mean they did a good job of cooking it? Or the steak was "well done"?

Going to Chef Mickey's for the character dinner buffet. Read some reviews that mostly said the food was very good (for a character buffet anyway).

We're big fans of the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Good home-style food - pot roast is kick ###. Fun atmosphere - waitress gives you a hard time about stuff like elbows on the table and getting up to go to the restroom.

Ohana's is the shiznit. If you walk out of there hungry, something is wrong with you. The food and the service are awesome! But it is a tough reservation to get if you don't do it ahead of time.

Ohana's is the shiznit. If you walk out of there hungry, something is wrong with you. The food and the service are awesome! But it is a tough reservation to get if you don't do it ahead of time.
Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :wall:

Luckily for us we hired her.

A week later she sent an e-mail that after a few more phone calls she was able to get us in for breakfast on my daughters birthday.

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :shrug:

Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :unsure:

A week later she sent an e-mail that after a few more phone calls she was able to get us in for breakfast on my daughters birthday.

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :thumbup:
We are staying concierge at the Animal Kingdom in March and got our dining list to him 183 days out and he locked everything down (including lunch at the castle) that same night. When I get home I'll post our restaurants and if you don't mind Yankee could you let me know which one to knock off for Ohana, because I don't think we have that one...

Awesome. Thanks. :popcorn:"Very, very, well done" steak at Le Cellier? You mean they did a good job of cooking it? Or the steak was "well done"?Going to Chef Mickey's for the character dinner buffet. Read some reviews that mostly said the food was very good (for a character buffet anyway).We're big fans of the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Good home-style food - pot roast is kick ###. Fun atmosphere - waitress gives you a hard time about stuff like elbows on the table and getting up to go to the restroom.
Steak was cooked good, proper English aside. I like mine bloody so I'm not talking hockey puck well done here.We want to get to the 50's cafe, but like I said, something has always come up and gotten in the way. I'm sure we'll hit it next time we are there - or try anyway.

Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :lmao:

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :goodposting:
Yeah, when we did diner in the castle last year my wife did the reservation on the 180th day out or whatever the cutoff was. Crazy insane on that place. Haven't even tried breakfast because it's more girl oriented.

Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :(

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :shrug:
Yeah, when we did diner in the castle last year my wife did the reservation on the 180th day out or whatever the cutoff was. Crazy insane on that place. Haven't even tried breakfast because it's more girl oriented.
Lunch and dinner are tough.. But Breakfast is nearly impossible without a Travel Agent.we plan on returning in 2 years for my daughters "golden Birthday".

Christmas at Disney world again I can't wait!! :ph34r:

Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :mellow:

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :thumbdown:
We are staying concierge at the Animal Kingdom in March and got our dining list to him 183 days out and he locked everything down (including lunch at the castle) that same night. When I get home I'll post our restaurants and if you don't mind Yankee could you let me know which one to knock off for Ohana, because I don't think we have that one...
Here's our dining itineraryMonday (getting in 3:00 staying at AKL) - 6:00 Boma

Tuesday - 11:00 - Cinderella's Castle

5:45 - Sci Fi

Wednesday - 11:00 Tony's Town Square

5:00 - Hoop-De-Doo Review

Thursday - 8:00 Spirit of Aloha Dinner/Show

Friday - 7:45 - Chef Mickey's Buffet

12:00 - Princess Storybook Norway Dining

5:30 - Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada

Saturday 11:30 - The Plaza Restaurant

5:30 - Biergarten in Germany

Those are the reservations we have - the character dinners are not that flexible but the rest is. Yes we have two daughters so that explains all the character dinners.

Hov34 said:
Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :shrug:

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :goodposting:

Those are the reservations we have - the character dinners are not that flexible but the rest is. Yes we have two daughters so that explains all the character dinners.
We went over Spring Break.1. Cinderella's Castle - well worth the $100+ we paid for breakfast.

2. Hoop-De-Doo, we paid for center, floor seats - amazing. Great show.

Hov34 said:
Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :(

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :pickle:

I'm jealous that you got Hoop-De-Doo reservations. We missed out on that one. :bag: I've read that of the two Polynesian restaurants, there's no comparison. Ohana >>>> Spirit of Aloha. So, I'd plug Ohana in for Thursday if I were you. That's second hand info though, so take it FWIW.

Plus, I wouldn't really want to go to the same resort twice in one trip (assuming of course that you're not staying at the Polynesian).

Hov34 said:
Not a fan of the food at all. Nice location though. Be sure to take a walk in the back of the camera/picture shop waiting area while you wait to be seated. They show old mickey cartoons in a little theater and some cool picture opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread