What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Thats just the 4k price.  You can get regular HD for $100.   I love phish, but $50 extra for 4k seems like a lot.  

I don't think you can share a login either.  I mean, you can share a login, but you can only stream the show on 1 device.  At least thats what I've been told.  
Hmmmm....perhaps they've clamped down on this.  In the past, I've shared my logins with a handful of folks.

Anyone interested in splitting the 4 night MSG webcast?  Looks like it's $149......if I could get 2-3 others to go in I'd buy it and share my login and pw.  
Anything happen with this @tommyGunZ?

I probably won't see any 1st sets but I'd toss some in.  I assume I couldn't start from the beginning if the show is still going "live".

Removing the Bakers shows, a lot of phanners I know are saying this is the best overall run since the Island tour.  I listened to 12/29 and 12/30 and they are both smoking.

Removing the Bakers shows, a lot of phanners I know are saying this is the best overall run since the Island tour.  I listened to 12/29 and 12/30 and they are both smoking.
Pretty awesome from the pockets I saw. Last night was great and 12/29 S2->E was too. 

I missed all of 12/30 but really need to go find that encore. 

TM Verified was a #### show.  Anyone score?

It's pretty ridic that I have to hit the secondary market for a pavilion seat at a venue 20 minutes from me.  Their lotto is as big a joke as TM sales.

TM Verified was a #### show.  Anyone score?

It's pretty ridic that I have to hit the secondary market for a pavilion seat at a venue 20 minutes from me.  Their lotto is as big a joke as TM sales.
Yeah, awful. Tried for Alpine and same seats were showing as available but every time I added to my cart it would say another fan beat me to it. I just gave up after 20 minutes. Stubhub it is. 

phish didnt do themselves any favors when they disbanded their ticket by mail system in 2003.  That rewarded the loyal phans and we didnt have to deal with this TM crap of not being able to handle the surge in activity.  The TM-livenation-stubhub flow is complete garbage.   The fact that ticketmaster can sell above face on the day the tickets get released and present it as "Platinum" is complete bs

Give me your top 5 songs that seem to get the highest excitement level from the crowd.    Listening to what spotify has for the Baker's Dozen and Chalk Dust seems to be one of those songs.  Now these aren't your favorite phish songs but the one's the crowd as a whole are really into.  I've only been to a few shows so I can't answer this but listening to lots of live stuff thinking maybe Character Zero, Free, Maze?

Last edited by a moderator:
phish didnt do themselves any favors when they disbanded their ticket by mail system in 2003.  That rewarded the loyal phans and we didnt have to deal with this TM crap of not being able to handle the surge in activity.  The TM-livenation-stubhub flow is complete garbage.   The fact that ticketmaster can sell above face on the day the tickets get released and present it as "Platinum" is complete bs
I think you mean to say Phish didn't do their fans any favors.

Give me your top 5 songs that seem to get the highest excitement level from the crowd.    Listening to what spotify has for the Baker's Dozen and Chalk Dust seems to be one of those songs.  Now these aren't your favorite phish songs but the one's the crowd as a whole are really into.  I've only been to a few shows so I can't answer this but listening to lots of live stuff thinking maybe Character Zero, Free, Maze?
Fun question, I'd like to see what some others say.

Chalkdust and Zero are probably good examples.

Harry Hood

Wilson

Tweezer Reprise - video has some crowd shots....greatest 3 minute pavilion party I've ever encountered

Also Sprach Zarathustra - dark horse, wonder what others think

Fun question, I'd like to see what some others say.

Chalkdust and Zero are probably good examples.

Harry Hood

Wilson

Tweezer Reprise - video has some crowd shots....greatest 3 minute pavilion party I've ever encountered

Also Sprach Zarathustra - dark horse, wonder what others think
Man Tweezer Reprise is almost unfair since its just 3ish minutes of pure jamming that just suddenly hits you.   You'd have to be in a coma to not get pumped up for that.   I nee to give Sprach Zarathustra another listen.  Not familiar with that one.   

Tough one.  

You Enjoy Myself

Tweezer

Hood

Fluffhead

Wilson

I think you mean to say Phish didn't do their fans any favors.
For sure I did but I was also trying to say that phish is just causing their fans to get really angry at the system in place when they had a really well oiled machine when they had tickets by mail.  Seems like they rewarded loyal fans by doing this.  I was 5th row center for a show in MPP,  had some really good Raleigh tickets etc.   Just seemed like there was no overwhelming angst about getting tickets like there is now.  Ticketmaster cannot and havent been able to handle the ground swell on those days and whats even more frustrating is that they just simply dont care about upgrading their system.

Man Tweezer Reprise is almost unfair since its just 3ish minutes of pure jamming that just suddenly hits you.   You'd have to be in a coma to not get pumped up for that.   I nee to give Sprach Zarathustra another listen.  Not familiar with that one.   
You may be right on the Reprise. Majority of time it’s in the Encore, so the extra juice is usually when it’s not Encore like the vid I posted (closed an insane 2nd set, so that was juiced up 3x IMO). I’d loved to have found a video from further back in the pavilion. 

If you’re talking about crowd energy through the song then also Possum and First Tube.  
Yes, throughout the song. So I personally love slave but theres definitely a lull in there.  Possum is a good one.   How about back on the train?

Also talking about a typical live version of a song.   The bakers dozen version of chalk dust ist 24 minutes.  Impossible for the whole crowd to keep up the energy for that long.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuke has the right list.  Over time, I think most heads move amongst those handful of songs.  The peaks in Fluffhead are so much fun, along with Trey's solo toward the end.  Just beautiful music.  Hood is probably the song I most want to hear when I'm on the bus on the way to a show.  That and Tweeprise, since walking out of the building on a heater is the best feeling in the world, and nothing like the crowd being on fire in the parking lot after a Tweeprise closer.

I'll also add that the pit when One big holiday (MMJ) comes on - is also a shot of adrenaline.   

Pretty awesome from the pockets I saw. Last night was great and 12/29 S2->E was too. 

I missed all of 12/30 but really need to go find that encore. 
If you haven't yet, get on that first set!! Great, great stuff.

Only did 12/28 for NYE, was the 22nd anniversary of my first show. Of course they played a bunch of rare stuff I'd never heard and encored with Bouncin>Slave. The first Phish song I ever heard (probably) followed by my all-time favorite song by any performer.

Funny how that works.

I've been stuck on the 10/30/10 Show from AC.  That whole show is great.  I had kind of checked out of Phish about that time.  

SET 1: Kill Devil Falls, Cavern, Foam, Guelah Papyrus, Chalk Dust Torture -> Whole Lotta Love[1] > Chalk Dust Torture, Ha Ha Ha,Walk Away, Wolfman's Brother[2] -> Undermind > Bathtub Gin, The Squirming Coil

SET 2: Tube > Possum > Tweezer -> Heartbreaker[3] -> Tweezer -> Ramble On -> Thank You[3] -> Tweezer -> Stairway to Heaven[3],Halley's Comet > Also Sprach Zarathustra > David Bowie, Show of Life, Backwards Down the Number Line > Good Times Bad Times

ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

Otherwise I agree with whats already been said. 

Tweezer Reprise.  

Antelope

Hood

Wilson

David Bowie

According to that NY Times article, they are practicing like mad, trying to get back to the more complex-style jams of the mid-90s.

There's one song that was dropped from the Phish 2.0 rotation, according to legend, that was just too complex for them to get right without loads of practice.

I give you tonight's opener:

Fluffhead
10 years ago today.  So happy they’ve made it back to this level.

10 years ago today.  So happy they’ve made it back to this level.
It's hard for them to play like they did back then touring the way they do now. You have to play regularly to keep that sharp. Which is pretty much why there's not enough there anymore to get me out to deal with the zoo that surrounds their shows. But I hear they're still fun.

Some friends went to Mexico. They said it was way over-priced and the all-inclusive was lame, but that the production and setup at the shows themselves were fantastic.

It's hard for them to play like they did back then touring the way they do now. You have to play regularly to keep that sharp. Which is pretty much why there's not enough there anymore to get me out to deal with the zoo that surrounds their shows. But I hear they're still fun.

Some friends went to Mexico. They said it was way over-priced and the all-inclusive was lame, but that the production and setup at the shows themselves were fantastic.
Any details here?  I've done one of these once....thought it was a pretty solid.  I can see it being described as overpriced though.

Any details here?  I've done one of these once....thought it was a pretty solid.  I can see it being described as overpriced though.
Breakfast cut off at 10:30 with little to nothing until 12, limits on how many drinks you could order per room at a time, and food quality were the biggest gripes.

They're a different band these days to be sure but I've had more fun at several 3.0 shows than I did at many of the shows I saw in the '90s.

They're a different band these days to be sure but I've had more fun at several 3.0 shows than I did at many of the shows I saw in the '90s.
Since I totally missed the dead in the early 90's and always regretted it and since this band is really close to the end I am taking my kids to see them in Charlotte in June.   They both love the music and have been begging me to go.  They are 12 and 13, I am a little hesitant but why not.  They wanted to go to Curve ball last year and I told them there is no way that would ever happen.

A quick share; thinking of going to my first Phish show this summer and I'm flying solo for the most part.  Know of a couple of folks who are going but will maybe hook up with them when I get there.  Getting lawn seats and plan on just being...

I know none of their music and plan to keep it that way til the show so I can take it all in as is, curious to find out what they are all about.  Anyone going to the Merriweather show in June?

A quick share; thinking of going to my first Phish show this summer and I'm flying solo for the most part.  Know of a couple of folks who are going but will maybe hook up with them when I get there.  Getting lawn seats and plan on just being...

I know none of their music and plan to keep it that way til the show so I can take it all in as is, curious to find out what they are all about.  Anyone going to the Merriweather show in June?
Dont do lawn dude, not for your first show.  Bite the bullet and get a good seat with stubhub.  You want to be able to see them and actually be able to hear them.  The lawn gets a little dicey, at least it was the last time I was on it a few years ago.  Merriweather is always a good run to check out.  Nice venue

Dont do lawn dude, not for your first show.  Bite the bullet and get a good seat with stubhub.  You want to be able to see them and actually be able to hear them.  The lawn gets a little dicey, at least it was the last time I was on it a few years ago.  Merriweather is always a good run to check out.  Nice venue
Yeah, Merriweather is my local joint so very familiar.  In fact, going to Heart/Joan Jett there as well.  Hear what your saying about the lawn seats but Ive never been a fan of pavillion as I'm too antsy and have to move all the time.  I do have some friends that will be lawn as well so if anything Ill hook up some point and jam with them.

Since I totally missed the dead in the early 90's and always regretted it and since this band is really close to the end I am taking my kids to see them in Charlotte in June.   They both love the music and have been begging me to go.  They are 12 and 13, I am a little hesitant but why not.  They wanted to go to Curve ball last year and I told them there is no way that would ever happen.
I wish my 13 year old was interested.  He used to like a few songs when he was much younger and we would listen while driving around, but nothing ever blossomed from that and now he hates most of Dad's music.  College shifted many of my musical tastes and I keep telling him that's what will happen to him too.  Get ahead of the curve, son!  

Props to you and your kids!

Just an FYI...I was trying to find a theater I could go see "Between Me and My Mind" but the closest one was about 4 hours from me.  

On the home page I saw a "Request a Theater" tab.  I sent them the info and a few days later its showing in my home town.  Pretty cool of them.  I'm sure there is little demand in Jackson, MS.   

https://www.betweenmeandmymind.com/

Blossom was an amazing show last week.  I noticed the Toronto show the night before was getting a little setlist heat, but I have no complaints here.

Great flow to the first set right from the start.  Moma perfectly placed between Soul and KDF. 

I like getting some of the oddball stuff, so I appreciate things like Your Pet Cat and I Didn't Know (w/ my first vacuum solo from John Sullen Mellancoly!).  About to Run is a great Ghosts of the Forest song, really diggin it.  

The major S1 highlight for me is of course Divided Sky.  One of the gospels of Phish to me.  Very nice version too, sun was just going down, Trey nailed most of it.  @shuke, did you mention in the other thread you found a good video of this?  I haven't seen one.  

Stealing Time got S2 off to a great start following what seemed like a shorter break than normal.  But that was only the beginning, because as you've probably read/seen, this Birds of a Feather stole the show.  If you haven't watched or listened, it's a must do.  Vehicular blast off...so many levels in this one...gotta be clubhouse leader for jam of summer so far.  Kuroda took off here too....the lighting in the pavilion, including walls/ceiling, during S2->E was amazing.  

Miss You kind of slows down the set where I'd rather just keep blasting away.  But, Everything's Right has turned into a cool little jam tune and led nicely into a very solid Chalkdust-Slave set closing.  

Turns out this was the first Melt encore since '91 spanning over 1300 shows.  I was caught off guard but I didn't know it was that extreme til afterwards.  After the S2 ending, being a Melt guy myself, this was glorious.  Closed it out with a debut....the guys are always up to something.  Pretty pretty good stuff.

SET 1: Soul Planet > The Moma Dance, Kill Devil Falls, Your Pet Cat > Back on the Train, Everything is Hollow, About to Run, Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan > Birds of a Feather > Crazy Sometimes, Miss You, Everything's Right > Chalk Dust Torture > Slave to the Traffic Light

ENCORE: Split Open and Melt, A Life Beyond The Dream

The major S1 highlight for me is of course Divided Sky.  One of the gospels of Phish to me.  Very nice version too, sun was just going down, Trey nailed most of it.  @shuke, did you mention in the other thread you found a good video of this?  I haven't seen one.  
My buddy was on the rail and posted it to his Facebook page.  

Nowhere in that article did I read anything like that. 
One quote among others:

"This nostalgia thing going on in the whole music scene, it’s killing me. Anderson .Paak and Kendrick Lamar and people like that are moving forward. I also like King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard a lot. They’re not a jam band, but they love the act of creation, and you can feel it. But, God, of all the people to be talking about nostalgia: Trey from the hippie band. Maybe that’s why I’m grappling with this. I’m feeling the needle pointing a little bit backward."

Users who are viewing this thread