What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vegas (3 Viewers)

Unless it changed in the last 2 years (smh kids), what you described is right.  Collared shirt, jeans, real shoes. 
I go to Vegas two or three times a year and have never been denied entry while in jeans, collared shirt and nice shoes.  I'd avoid the torn, "distressed" jeans and tennis shoes can get you denied.  Non-collared shirts are a 50/50.

Speaking of clubs in Vegas, what is the dress code for men?

I'm reading conflicting reports on jeans.  Some sites say you're okay with nice dark jeans, dress shoes, and a button up collared shirt.  Some sites say no jeans.

Anyone been to the "oohn oohn oohn oohn" dance type of clubs lately?
YMMV...but the club scene has changed.

I have friends that live in Vegas (a few work in the industry), and things are pretty casual. 

I was there in june...went to a club w/ a pair of black jeans and Vans...I cant remember exactly what my friend had on, but knowing him he had on Yeezy's and some type of trendy jeans/sweatpants.  

We had a comped tabled...so maybe they bend the rules a bit for us?    I do know he mentioned that clubs are more casual than 10 years ago.

To be safe though...you cant go wrong w/ a pair of jeans and a collard shirt.

Which hotels have the nicest pools?

Not so much for the club scene or checking out the ladies, but more for lounging around and dipping in the pool.

From the photos online, Flamingo's pool looks nice.
Stayed at The Mirage recently and they had a really nice pool area. The loungers get claimed pretty quickly so it's best to get there early. 

Flamingo has a great pool area.  Their rooms are #### though.
Dumb question for anyone..if you are staying at a hotel can you get to the pool area for free? Staying at Flamingo on Labor Day weekend and would like to check out the scene/have a beer without shelling out $1k+ for a daybed/cabana.

Dumb question for anyone..if you are staying at a hotel can you get to the pool area for free? Staying at Flamingo on Labor Day weekend and would like to check out the scene/have a beer without shelling out $1k+ for a daybed/cabana.
Yes. You’ll usually just need a room key.

Bring an ID if you want to drink too. Some pools are super strict on that. I’m 53 and had to go get my ID to order at the MGM pool.

Staying one night at the Linq next month. I'm finding conflicting info online about whether that gets us access to the Caesars pool for the day since it's apparently a Caesars property. Anybody know anything about this?

Staying one night at the Linq next month. I'm finding conflicting info online about whether that gets us access to the Caesars pool for the day since it's apparently a Caesars property. Anybody know anything about this?
It will. If you stay at a Caesars resort you can visit any Caesars pool. Last year I stayed at Bally's and walked over to the Paris pool each day.

A serious contender for the best buffet on Earth is the Sterling Brunch at Bally's. It's $100 and requires a reservation...both totally worth it. The food is varied and fantastic. And for service, I think they use Star Trek transporter technology. I never saw the help walking around, but every time your flute gets low, a guy materializes at your elbow with a bottle of Perrier-Jouet. I don't know if I would do it a second time, but everybody should do it once.

If you're more, ummm, value-oriented like myself, the Studio B Buffet at the M Resort is a great choice. There's a ton of variety, and it includes unlimited beer and wine!

Ok... I do not do them often, but what are your top five buffets in Vegas?
Bacchanal
I was just at Bacchanal a month ago. Heard great things, but my wife and I were very unimpressed. I can't say that anything I had was any better than just ok, though I skipped dessert (my wife enjoyed that part). But again, it gets lots of great reviews so maybe I was just there on a bad day. If you're going to do Bacchanal, check Groupon for good deals on breakfast or early dinner. You can save a ton of cash if you groupon it for the 3-5pm early bird dinner buffet.

The only other buffet I've had there in the past 5 years is Aria which was quite good. 

This may be a novice question, but is there any drawback (besides resort fees) for the comp nights that M Life likes to email me about?  Going to a conference with the wife where we are staying at MGM Grand.  Thinking of using a comp night at the Luxor for our last day (the one not paid by her company) rather than paying list price at MGM.

This may be a novice question, but is there any drawback (besides resort fees) for the comp nights that M Life likes to email me about?  Going to a conference with the wife where we are staying at MGM Grand.  Thinking of using a comp night at the Luxor for our last day (the one not paid by her company) rather than paying list price at MGM.
No man--comps are comps--which is a good thing. With that said--if you are receiving comps because you have achieved a certain status level--the only thing that may be a concern is if you use the comp and don't play and get points on your card.  That could kick you down a status level and you might get less offers in the future. As long as you play some and put some points on your card--there should be no downside at all.  

No man--comps are comps--which is a good thing. With that said--if you are receiving comps because you have achieved a certain status level--the only thing that may be a concern is if you use the comp and don't play and get points on your card.  That could kick you down a status level and you might get less offers in the future. As long as you play some and put some points on your card--there should be no downside at all.  
Thanks.  Honestly, spend more on food and beverage than gambling.  Will put some super bowl/CFB bets on at a book and tread water at the blackjack tables.

I don’t get the buffet love. Anybody feel good walking out of them? How about 1 plate of great food vs mixing 3 plates, 8 different sauces, etc. How many fit people eat at these? Seriously? 
I dunno--I prefer a good buffet over a restaurant that charges $50 a plate.  I've been to Mr. Chow at Caesars and STK at the cosmo and felt way more disappointed and ripped off with the food than I ever have at any decent buffet.  Decent buffets have an assortment of food--not all of which is unhealthy. Many have robust salad bars, carving stations, international cuisine, and dessert bars. Certainly there are people that go to buffets that are pretty gluttonous--but you also have people that go to them for the potential savings.  Go to a halfway decent restaurant in Vegas---order a salad, possibly an appetizer, a main course, a dessert, and a drink and see how much that would cost you versus what a decent buffet costs.  

I don’t get the buffet love. Anybody feel good walking out of them? How about 1 plate of great food vs mixing 3 plates, 8 different sauces, etc. How many fit people eat at these? Seriously? 
It’s not really my thing, but will be with a group that wants to do one on the trip.

For me it's mostly about the all-you-can-eat crab legs. When I was young and could eat a ton I found great value with buffets. Now that I'm on the wrong side of 40 I can hardly ever even finish a normal sized meal, so unless I'm hungry for crab legs I don't see much need for buffets. 

But it's Vegas. Everything is in excess. And for me, with all the walking I do, I'm ok packing on the extra calories at a good buffet.

Haven’t done a buffet in years, but I’ve got a Vegas noob meeting me so it’s somewhat obligatory. Hoping she gets tired of it before Sunday Brunch so I don’t have to deal with it. I eat at a lot of places way out that locals recommend. Honestly, I rarely eat more than 2 meals a day when I’m in town. Oh...I’m running a 5k October 26 fwiw and I’m not a marathoner  ;)

I can spend 46 bucks for the gourmet buffet at Aria on a Friday or Saturday night and have all I can eat king crab legs, tuna and salmon poke, sushi grade tuna, and maybe a cut of prime rib for the hell of it. I can go to a sushi restaurant and spend double to triple that in vegas just on my own tab, I think you have to separate the upper tier buffets from the traditional fattie buffet in your local city.

I can spend 46 bucks for the gourmet buffet at Aria on a Friday or Saturday night and have all I can eat king crab legs, tuna and salmon poke, sushi grade tuna, and maybe a cut of prime rib for the hell of it. I can go to a sushi restaurant and spend double to triple that in vegas just on my own tab, I think you have to separate the upper tier buffets from the traditional fattie buffet in your local city.
Fair enough. If high end and you get what you want then cool. But to me it’s like a cruise. See people gorging on 6 lobster tails because they can. They are getting a “deal”. Probably throwing up after but a deal. Anyway, I do get the value and cost certainty aspect. Just not my thing. Same reason I reject any AI vacation. Give me 1 plate of great food. I don’t want it coming from a steam table. 

So just booked two nights at the Wynn in August. 

WARNING: SLOTS APP NERD TALK BELOW  (that can fairly easily get you two nights for 9.99) MOVE ALONG IF YOU HATE ME FOR THIS.

Got the nights through the slots app. I ended up paying 9.99 after busting to get the 10x multiplier on the daily bonuses. Any of you guys considering doing this, don't waste your time trying to do this for free. Just pay the 9.99. It is not a guarantee, but it is by far the most economical way to get an insane amount of coins and speed the process way up. Obviously the scratchers as previously mentioned are pretty important. Some of them are very hard to get and you can waste a lot of coins chasing them. 

The bonuses are awarded as follows, small one every 15 minutes. Middle tier every three hours, big one every 12 hours. The 10x multiplier takes whatever amount you draw or spin and multiplies it by 10. 

The amounts you win on theses bonuses actually count towards scratchers. So if you are smart about when you claim the bonuses you can make getting the scratchers a ton easier. So if you are able to collect the mid tier or top tier already, it pays to wait 25 minutes to be able to claim it during a scratcher game. Pretty easy to come out of that three day stretch with several hundred million in coins and then you are pretty darn close to guaranteed to get the number of gems needed for 2 nights with that stack.

The best was during one of the contests the scratchers were like win one free game, win one million on one spin, win 10 million in coins, and play 500 spins at monkey power. I got the high bonus and spun 850k which game me 8.5 million. Then I did the middle one and got like 90k which turned to 900k. Set it to 500 spins on monkey power and let it do its thing. Pretty quickly got what was needed to get the scratcher and scratched them all off. Stack just ballooned real quick there. I hadnt played the monkey power game yet which then I quickly learned that this is a great game for getting the platinum scratcher. 

The platinum scratcher is really hard to get. Monkey power has a big side bonus game that takes a lot of spins to get. You can cash at 40 fish, 60 fish, 100 fish, or 140 fish. I learned to play and not collect until it is about 136 fish and then I would wait until the platinum scratcher game to get the final fish because then the whole amount of the bonus counts toward the platinum scratcher. One of the times I got all the way to the top and got like 60 million in coins. I would say during the first few days when you have bought the 10x multiplier do not chase the platinum scratcher. You would be better off waiting until your coin stack is a couple hundred million and then you can play wynn jackpots for 100k a spin which then makes it pretty easy to hit the platinum combined with the boost from the monkey power game.

It sounds complicated, but now that I know the games and the ins and outs, I will have my wife log in on her ipad and set it up to get two more free nights for another stay. Might even consider just spending the 9.99 back to back times to make it so i barely have to pay any attention or actively do much at all.  

I don't recommend trying for more than two free nights on one account unless you really enjoy playing fake slots on a device. As you get higher and higher in levels you really don't accumulate gems very quickly. 

I would even think spending 100 bucks on the 100 times multiplier for 3 days is probably well worth it if you want to pretty much get a couple nights for a drastically reduced rate and get them quickly. You would get like 2.5 million in coins every 15 minutes plus 8 million every 3 hours and another 50 million every 12 as well as hit every scratcher with almost no spins. You would easily get 1-2 billion in coins with minimal effort. Kind of depends on your desired level of effort. I obviously cant guarantee that spending 100 would net you 2 free nights, but it seems so unlikely to me it wouldnt.  
Just earned my first free night, now working on hopefully 2 more for January

Just earned my first free night, now working on hopefully 2 more for January
Been meaning to update that post. They have changed so many things. We just got back today from three free nights. Loved that it was completely free, no resort fee. But some things are different now. I will update tonight.

It will. If you stay at a Caesars resort you can visit any Caesars pool. Last year I stayed at Bally's and walked over to the Paris pool each day.
So I happened to be on the phone with them and mentioned this being a reason why I booked. The girl there was completely unhelpful. First she said it didn't help me get into any Caesars pools, then she said it did, then she said I could go because they were open to the public but that I had to pay a fee. So I hung up and called back. Twice. Because she answered. Twice.

I'll try again next week...

So I happened to be on the phone with them and mentioned this being a reason why I booked. The girl there was completely unhelpful. First she said it didn't help me get into any Caesars pools, then she said it did, then she said I could go because they were open to the public but that I had to pay a fee. So I hung up and called back. Twice. Because she answered. Twice.

I'll try again next week...
Lol. You should be good. As I mentioned, last year I stayed at Bally's and went to the pool at Paris without a problem, and last month I stayed at Paris and stopped in to the Bally's pool to say hi to a friend. 

I think the fee part is for party pools, like Flamingo or Cromwell. From Caesars FAQ on their website: "Can I go to any of these pools? Hotel pools are for guests only, but if you’re staying in any of the ten Las Vegas Caesars Entertainment properties, you can travel from one pool to the other. Some pools may offer an entry fee. Pool clubs, however, are open to the general public with admission."

So just booked two nights at the Wynn in August. 

WARNING: SLOTS APP NERD TALK BELOW  (that can fairly easily get you two nights for 9.99) MOVE ALONG IF YOU HATE ME FOR THIS.

Got the nights through the slots app. I ended up paying 9.99 after busting to get the 10x multiplier on the daily bonuses. Any of you guys considering doing this, don't waste your time trying to do this for free. Just pay the 9.99. It is not a guarantee, but it is by far the most economical way to get an insane amount of coins and speed the process way up. Obviously the scratchers as previously mentioned are pretty important. Some of them are very hard to get and you can waste a lot of coins chasing them. 

The bonuses are awarded as follows, small one every 15 minutes. Middle tier every three hours, big one every 12 hours. The 10x multiplier takes whatever amount you draw or spin and multiplies it by 10. 

The amounts you win on theses bonuses actually count towards scratchers. So if you are smart about when you claim the bonuses you can make getting the scratchers a ton easier. So if you are able to collect the mid tier or top tier already, it pays to wait 25 minutes to be able to claim it during a scratcher game. Pretty easy to come out of that three day stretch with several hundred million in coins and then you are pretty darn close to guaranteed to get the number of gems needed for 2 nights with that stack.

The best was during one of the contests the scratchers were like win one free game, win one million on one spin, win 10 million in coins, and play 500 spins at monkey power. I got the high bonus and spun 850k which game me 8.5 million. Then I did the middle one and got like 90k which turned to 900k. Set it to 500 spins on monkey power and let it do its thing. Pretty quickly got what was needed to get the scratcher and scratched them all off. Stack just ballooned real quick there. I hadnt played the monkey power game yet which then I quickly learned that this is a great game for getting the platinum scratcher. 

The platinum scratcher is really hard to get. Monkey power has a big side bonus game that takes a lot of spins to get. You can cash at 40 fish, 60 fish, 100 fish, or 140 fish. I learned to play and not collect until it is about 136 fish and then I would wait until the platinum scratcher game to get the final fish because then the whole amount of the bonus counts toward the platinum scratcher. One of the times I got all the way to the top and got like 60 million in coins. I would say during the first few days when you have bought the 10x multiplier do not chase the platinum scratcher. You would be better off waiting until your coin stack is a couple hundred million and then you can play wynn jackpots for 100k a spin which then makes it pretty easy to hit the platinum combined with the boost from the monkey power game.

It sounds complicated, but now that I know the games and the ins and outs, I will have my wife log in on her ipad and set it up to get two more free nights for another stay. Might even consider just spending the 9.99 back to back times to make it so i barely have to pay any attention or actively do much at all.  

I don't recommend trying for more than two  one free nights on one account unless you really enjoy playing fake slots on a device. As you get higher and higher in levels you really don't accumulate gems very quickly. 

I would even think spending 100 bucks on the 100 times multiplier for 3 days is probably well worth it if you want to pretty much get a couple nights for a drastically reduced rate and get them quickly. You would get like 2.5 million in coins every 15 minutes plus 8 million every 3 hours and another 50 million every 12 as well as hit every scratcher with almost no spins. You would easily get 1-2 billion in coins with minimal effort. Kind of depends on your desired level of effort. I obviously cant guarantee that spending 100 would net you 2 free nights, but it seems so unlikely to me it wouldnt.  
They have changed this thing so much. Only updating because I dont want somebody making the mistake of paying money because of advice that is no longer valid. The multipliers no longer count toward scratchers. They have other new weird multipliers and have raised the price in number of gems for rooms. The cheapest rooms used to be 1600 gems now they are 2000 gems and they are harder to get gems and fewer rooms are available. 

I do suspect the first free night is actually easier to get now, with any subsequent nights getting much more difficult than they were. 

ETA:didnt mean to quote CGRdrJoe there since it was my original post not his.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. If high end and you get what you want then cool. But to me it’s like a cruise. See people gorging on 6 lobster tails because they can. They are getting a “deal”. Probably throwing up after but a deal. Anyway, I do get the value and cost certainty aspect. Just not my thing. Same reason I reject any AI vacation. Give me 1 plate of great food. I don’t want it coming from a steam table. 
I am with you. I want good food not a lot. There is just no way something on a sream table is going to be as good as an individually prepared meal.

However I often end up doing a buffet if I am with a Vegas newbie. I might be doing a buffet next week. 

Yesterday I exchanged a few polite emails with a host I have never met and wheedled my way into five nights comped at The D in October.   :bowtie:
Whoa.  Serious?  Cause you gamble enough, or did you just drop Mike Palm's name?  I love that place.

Whoa.  Serious?  Cause you gamble enough, or did you just drop Mike Palm's name?  I love that place.
I haven't met Mike, but I have Derek Stevens' business card. Like thousands of other people.  :lmao:

I had an offer from Golden Gate for three free nights Sun-Thur. That would have taken care of the Wed, Thur and Sun nights, but when I called them they wanted $340 all-in for Fri/Sat. Even though $340 for five nights the weekend before Halloween isn't  bad, that wouldn't do for a grinder like me. I had gleaned an email for a GG host from Vegas Message Board (actual name), so I reached out to him, stating I could get Four Queens for Fri/Sat and Sun for over $100 less than that, which is true. I then asked if there was anything he could do that would persuade me to spend my entire trip at his property. He responded with all nights comped at The D.

Kinda weird, because my offer there was worse; BOGO Sun-Thurs. I was not in a mood to look a gift room in the mouth. And no, I'm not a big player, though I will take bigger swings when I'm up. And both of those properties will get the majority of my play, because the real goal is to be in the new Circa resort the first night it's open in Dec 2020.

I haven't met Mike, but I have Derek Stevens' business card. Like thousands of other people.  :lmao:

I had an offer from Golden Gate for three free nights Sun-Thur. That would have taken care of the Wed, Thur and Sun nights, but when I called them they wanted $340 all-in for Fri/Sat. Even though $340 for five nights the weekend before Halloween isn't  bad, that wouldn't do for a grinder like me. I had gleaned an email for a GG host from Vegas Message Board (actual name), so I reached out to him, stating I could get Four Queens for Fri/Sat and Sun for over $100 less than that, which is true. I then asked if there was anything he could do that would persuade me to spend my entire trip at his property. He responded with all nights comped at The D.

Kinda weird, because my offer there was worse; BOGO Sun-Thurs. I was not in a mood to look a gift room in the mouth. And no, I'm not a big player, though I will take bigger swings when I'm up. And both of those properties will get the majority of my play, because the real goal is to be in the new Circa resort the first night it's open in Dec 2020.
PM your glean?  I actually have met Derek.  And one of their Saturday afternoon concert stars last year.  He loved me cause we're both from Oregon.  Shared tequila shots.  He smelled like salami.

Just booked a trip 1st weekend in December.  Good time for us between holidays, and there's always tons of entertainment going on during the Rodeo.  We'll book a few concerts (already have Jason Aldean for his first night back since the Route 66 concert incident.  Should be a lot of emotion/buzz for that one.  Try some new restaurants.  Football and races in the Book.  Staying at the Elara.  Good location, walkable to everything.

Probably going to check out Opium with the wife in a few weeks. Don't feel like getting up and waiting in line at the kiosks, but I feel like there's gotta be a better way to get tickets than buying them direct. Any tips for someplace online? Also if anyone has been, any suggestions on where to sit? Someone gave great advice to get one of the back tables for Absinthe, which was perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread