What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ENTOURAGE (2 Viewers)

I didn't think this episode progressed the plot too much. It had some funny moments, but it was basicaly a filler episode. I love Dramas character. Pretty much everything he says is comedic gold.

I enjoyed the episode, I took it for what is was dishing out. When the whole group is looking at each other and tripping out and Turtle is freaked out that E isnt talking was hilarious.

Favorite line was at the end of the show...

Ari: "I dunno who is more f**ked, me or Lloyd."

Mrs. Ari: "Where are you?"

Ari: "Home, baby. Where are you?"

Mrs. Ari: "Home. Why aren't you here?"

Ari: "I took a jog."

Mrs. Ari: "At 2 AM?"

Ari: "Yeah, baby. I couldn't sleep."

Mrs. Ari: "How could you, with 25 naked men in your swimming pool?"

Come on, people, there were some pretty funny moments in this episode.

Mrs. Ari: "Where are you?"Ari: "Home, baby. Where are you?"Mrs. Ari: "Home. Why aren't you here?"Ari: "I took a jog."Mrs. Ari: "At 2 AM?"Ari: "Yeah, baby. I couldn't sleep."Mrs. Ari: "How could you, with 25 naked men in your swimming pool?"Come on, people, there were some pretty funny moments in this episode.
I agree. There were a number of funny lines and moments. I just didn't think the episode as a whole was all that good. I would label it as one of the weakest ones in the series' history. But I think it speaks to how good this series is that even a "bad" episode can generate a number of great lines and moments. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned who's returning in the next episode. Can't say I'm all that fired up about this plot development even though I've known about it for some time.

Of all the episodes this season that have been 22 minutes, this one would have been ideal. Of course, it was 30 minutes.

I thought it was a very thin episode and could have been just as relevant if it were 15 minutes long.

it was alot better episode if you have eaten shrooms before, totally relate

I could listen to a half hour of Ari yelling at Loyde, great lines always in there

packersfan said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned who's returning in the next episode. Can't say I'm all that fired up about this plot development even though I've known about it for some time.
?????????????Who is coming back?

packersfan said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned who's returning in the next episode. Can't say I'm all that fired up about this plot development even though I've known about it for some time.
I refuse to believe that preview was real. Had to be a spoof.What's next, Coke bringing back New Coke? Ford bringing back the Edsel?

packersfan said:

I refuse to believe that preview was real. Had to be a spoof.What's next, Coke bringing back New Coke? Ford bringing back the Edsel?
Dom. I was happy when they wrote him out :lol:

Of all the episodes this season that have been 22 minutes, this one would have been ideal. Of course, it was 30 minutes. I thought it was a very thin episode and could have been just as relevant if it were 15 minutes long.
:lol: The 22 min thing really bugs me.

I can't believe some of you guys are #####ing about this episode - it was comedic gold. Who gives a damn if it "didn't advance the plot"? Neither did the Vegas episode 2 seasons ago or whenever it was, but that episode was still great.

Dom. I was happy when they wrote him out :goodposting:
I hope his return is only one episode, I can't stand his character either...I hope he doesn't turn into the Billy Walsh type role, in where we see him in almost every episode like Billy Walsh was in last season.

Dom. I was happy when they wrote him out :goodposting:
I hope his return is only one episode, I can't stand his character either...I hope he doesn't turn into the Billy Walsh type role, in where we see him in almost every episode like Billy Walsh was in last season.
IMDB only has him credited for one episode...so fingers crossed.

I'm going to guess that if some people hated the Tree Trippers episode, they're really going to hate ReDOMption. It was just too slow for my liking. When the most interesting part of the episode is Ari playing golf with Bob & Alan Gray, you know it's slow. It's not too hard to see where the plotline is going with Vince & the movie now, though.

I'm going to guess that if some people hated the Tree Trippers episode, they're really going to hate ReDOMption. It was just too slow for my liking. When the most interesting part of the episode is Ari playing golf with Bob & Alan Gray, you know it's slow. It's not too hard to see where the plotline is going with Vince & the movie now, though.
probably the weakest episode since inception.

-jb- said:
Shrek said:
Anything with Phil Mickelson has jumped the shark IMO.

-jb- said:
Shrek said:
I liked the fact that it was 28 minutes (as opposed to the usual 22 minutes).

Shrek said:
Benji?

Best episode of the season imo. Drama requesting the raisins was funny. The trash talk on the course between Artie and the old man was funny too.

Aren't we getting a little too critical of what is essentially a comedy?
The first 1.5 seasons set the bar pretty high. The writing was stellar. Seems like they're forcing it now. Still enjoyable, but I haven't had a "No way!" moment, either of the funny or plot-twist variety, in a while. Seemed like every episode when the series started.Still a fan.

I didn't think this episode progressed the plot too much.
pretty big copout killing off the studio exec.
This show is really more than just a comedy. I like the story to flow, but with comedic value at the same time. They seem to always have an episode or two in any series that don't really progress the growth of the characters, or the plot as much as other episodes.Not saying I didn't like the episode. There were some hilarious parts, but I guess I want to see what is going to happen with them now that they are broke. I know i'm not in the minority here, because the way they clip the "scenes from next week" kind of keep you hanging. They don't keep you hanging like a Sopranos, but I am interested in what happens to the guys.

I liked this week's show and thought it was better than the shroom journey. I can't stand Dom but I thought they handled all that pretty well. And I enjoyed the stuff on the golf course. I thought the extreme overreaction of Alan's hatred toward Vince felt spot on. That all worked for me (and I enjoyed Landau's moments as well). Very good episode.

I am glad to hear that Dom is one and done. For now anyway.

And, for what it's worth, just look at the WORST Entourage episode against 99% of the other half hour shows on network TV. I'll take Entourage 8 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Highlander24 said:
-jb- said:
The first 1.5 seasons set the bar pretty high. The writing was stellar. Seems like they're forcing it now. Still enjoyable, but I haven't had a "No way!" moment, either of the funny or plot-twist variety, in a while. Seemed like every episode when the series started.Still a fan.
:whistle:
QUEZILLA said:
I didn't think this episode progressed the plot too much.
pretty big copout killing off the studio exec.
This show is really more than just a comedy. I like the story to flow, but with comedic value at the same time. They seem to always have an episode or two in any series that don't really progress the growth of the characters, or the plot as much as other episodes.Not saying I didn't like the episode. There were some hilarious parts, but I guess I want to see what is going to happen with them now that they are broke. I know i'm not in the minority here, because the way they clip the "scenes from next week" kind of keep you hanging. They don't keep you hanging like a Sopranos, but I am interested in what happens to the guys.
I guess it's just me then. I watch it for the interaction between the characters. The plot's just secondary.

I have not read through this thread, but, Entourage is absolutely horrible this season.

JUMPED THE SHARK!

I don't look forward to it anymore. Used to really enjoy the show, but, the plot is stale, the writing is decent and some of the actors are terrible (E and Turtle to name a few). Still like the Drama/Arrie (sp?) characters, but, the rest of the show has disappointed this season.

That being said, I will continue to watch.

Hasn't it happened where saying "jumped the shark" has "jumped the shark"?

I can't help thinking it's like when my mother in law says "You go, Girl!"

Really this show is like US Weekly. It's trash but you just can't help but look.

Characters make no sense. Stroryline come and go with no explanations (Turtle with the black chick). It's just a mess with good looking people with famous cameos. I'll continue to watch. But to call this funny is like calling US Weekly funny. It's not.

Unless you think Piven in way too short-sleeve shirts is funny. Which, actually I do think is funny because I imagine him requesting that.

Thought last nights episode was good, I now like the twist they have going.

"Did she call E her spinner?" :lmao:

Thought last nights episode was good, I now like the twist they have going."Did she call E her spinner?" :lmao:
What was up with the weird vibe between Ari & Vince at the end? All because Ari wouldn't be his agent anymore?There is no way Ari turns down that job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought last nights episode was good, I now like the twist they have going."Did she call E her spinner?" :unsure:
What was up with the weird vibe between Ari & Vince at the end? All because Ari wouldn't be his agent anymore?There is no way Ari turns down that job.
I think it was because he didn't tell anyone yet and he said in the car that Vince is 1 of 2 clients he really cares about. I think he felt he was possibly letting Vince down by not being his agent anymore and Vince is worried that this is "the end". That Ari may not have his back or doesn't really care if he takes the new gig. Like Vince is being dumped. :confused:

Really good episode last night, anytime you have good eye candy and a good plot in the episode, thumbs up for me.

It is going to be really interesting to see if Vince and Ari "finish what they started". I agree that there is no way Ari Gold can turn down the offer, maybe E steps up and decides he wants to be Vince's agent, who knows.

After the episode finished, one of the few times I really felt like I dunno whats gonna happen next, which is a good thing.

Thought last nights episode was good, I now like the twist they have going."Did she call E her spinner?" :lmao:
I think it was because he didn't tell anyone yet and he said in the car that Vince is 1 of 2 clients he really cares about. I think he felt he was possibly letting Vince down by not being his agent anymore and Vince is worried that this is "the end". That Ari may not have his back or doesn't really care if he takes the new gig. Like Vince is being dumped. :shrug:
Yeah, I guess he is just sad he's not his agent :shrug: But, you would think he would be happy since he said he could get him any job... Maybe he is unsure about dealing with anyone else, and the only reason he is still hanging on by a thread is because of Ari. But again, personally knowing a network exec should be > than having a good agentAri cared and believed in him, so now I guess he fears the unknown & the change...But really that ending had me :shrug:At the very least Ari could get him to do a 3rd Aqua Man. I think they go for the fire man movie though.

If Ari ends up conflicted in any way about "letting down" Vince or if, worse yet, he ends up not taking the job because of it, I will never watch this show again.

If Ari ends up conflicted in any way about "letting down" Vince or if, worse yet, he ends up not taking the job because of it, I will never watch this show again.
:confused: BTW - the chick in red thong/lingerie that went to the fridge when they were at the "fitting" was :)

Users who are viewing this thread